Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

JawKnee posted:

same but Claudia Black'll get me every time

Very same.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
once you go Claudia Black you never go back

to other Claudia's

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
*pulls out detective notepad* hrmmmmm, "ME3 ending was good" guy is also "badly written characters don't bother me, or even register for me" guy....I wonder if these two things are related. Will investigate further. :raise::raise::raise::raise:

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
I liked the sexy elf man in DA2

Quorum
Sep 24, 2014

REMIND ME AGAIN HOW THE LITTLE HORSE-SHAPED ONES MOVE?

Moola posted:

I liked the sexy elf man in DA2

Same but I also wanted him to shut up about mages sometimes constantly. Same with Anders actually.

I liked Merrill, I rivaled her in a heartbeat and was her good friend who tells her to get her poo poo together and holds demon summoning interventions.

peer
Jan 17, 2004

this is not what I wanted

JawKnee posted:

same but Claudia Black'll get me every time

Last time I expressed this opinion in a Bioware thread here I got accused of being the reason their games suck these days.

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line

peer posted:

Last time I expressed this opinion in a Bioware thread here I got accused of being the reason their games suck these days.

Maybe you are? :shrug: Morrigan is a pretty good character imo though, as is Admiral Xen, and Claudia Black is a really good voice actor

too bad for her that her voice is so easily recognizable, I doubt she'll be playing any different characters in Dragon Age, or Mass Effect

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Quorum posted:

Same but I also wanted him to shut up about mages sometimes constantly. Same with Anders actually.

I liked Merrill, I rivaled her in a heartbeat and was her good friend who tells her to get her poo poo together and holds demon summoning interventions.

I think I banged him as a mage so that was fun

DAI update; apparently my DA keep poo poo didnt download properly and I have a boring male default champion of krapwall

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Quorum posted:

Same.

Lt. Danger
Dec 22, 2006

jolly good chaps we sure showed the hun

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

*pulls out detective notepad* hrmmmmm, "ME3 ending was good" guy is also "badly written characters don't bother me, or even register for me" guy....I wonder if these two things are related. Will investigate further. :raise::raise::raise::raise:

I admit it, it is true; I do not get worked up over leisure entertainment.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'

Moola posted:

Okay

other people don't do this

i'm with lt danger, imo

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Lt. Danger posted:

lol

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
The super chill gamer

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

JawKnee posted:

Maybe you are? :shrug: Morrigan is a pretty good character imo though, as is Admiral Xen, and Claudia Black is a really good voice actor

too bad for her that her voice is so easily recognizable, I doubt she'll be playing any different characters in Dragon Age, or Mass Effect

Did you also know she plays Athyeta aka the Asari bartender aka Liara's other mom.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

JawKnee posted:

I love her absolutely crucial character in Destiny, the Premium Currency vendor. Truly a wise use of her acting talents.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Destiny has an AAA cast of lovely useless vendors lmao. The development history of that game is....something else

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

Lt. Danger posted:

lol

But lets talk about the mass effect 1 ending. It seems weird that out of nowhere they give you the choice "let the space UN die" or "turn all the establishment allies into Vichy France". Out of scope of the previous choices?

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'

poisonpill posted:

lol

But lets talk about the mass effect 1 ending. It seems weird that out of nowhere they give you the choice "let the space UN die" or "turn all the establishment allies into Vichy France". Out of scope of the previous choices?

Not really.

"Kill the last member of a species" or "Finish the genocide".

That Council choice is just weird because it's not "Kill the Council/Save the Council" but whether you're going to sacrifice the biggest, baddest warship, too. You have to be a hilariously racist and stupid Shepard to let the Ascension go down.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Arcsquad12 posted:

Merrill still holds the title of worst bioware character. Worse than Mission, worse than Liara, worse than Sera. Not that she didn't have stiff competition from DA2 anders and pretty boy lyrium elf.

Merrill was my favourite Dragon Age character :(

after Cassandra and Solas obviously

hampig
Feb 11, 2004
...curioser and curioser...

poisonpill posted:

The saving grace of that choice is that you actually have to make it, unlike most of the "choices" in the series where you mostly avoid making the choice, have your cake, and eat it too.

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

The Iron Rose posted:

Merrill was my favourite Dragon Age character :(

after Cassandra and Solas obviously

Merrill's an awesome meta-joke on Bioware's fanbase; she's a cutesy naive bit of girlfriend-bait who also just so happens to be the in universe equivalent of a Cthulhu Mythos cultist. If you follow the traditional Bioware rpg path of least resistance by being nice and agreeing with her and completing her sidequests, you'll get into her pants, but at the cost of killing literally everyone she knows and loves and leaving her a homeless displaced wreck of a person who has literally nothing left to cling to other than an evil mirror, insanity-causing magic, and you, the white knight protagonist who swooped in to save her.

It's a shame DA2 turned out the way that it did because underneath the bad gameplay and dire third act the writers were really trying out some interesting poo poo.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Lt. Danger posted:

Well Aria's supposed to be the counterpart to the Citadel's Council - it's part of the whole Paragon/Renegade tone flip between ME1 and 2. All the "don't gently caress with Aria/I AM OMEGA" bombast is supposed to mirror the stuffy Council Saren inquiry/Spectre induction pomp.

Plus the animation team showing off, of course.

Best Aria animation is during her Omega speech.

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line

exquisite tea posted:

Did you also know she plays Athyeta aka the Asari bartender aka Liara's other mom.

I did not!

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

poisonpill posted:

Does anyone like Aria as a character?

E: other than the writers, I guess

I'm not even sure all of them like her. I mean, a lot of the side content is "You know how Aria thinks she's hot poo poo? Yeah, she isn't. Look how she's loving up." if you read between the lines.

Her Shadow Broker bit is her telling the Shadow Broker he can't slip anyone by her, killing his mole... in front of his other mole.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

exquisite tea posted:

It's funny when she makes a joke about Benezia having amazing tits as a reference about how hilarious Benezia's model looked.

Reclaimer
Sep 3, 2011

Pierced through the heart
but never killed

Arcsquad12 posted:

Merrill still holds the title of worst bioware character. Worse than Mission, worse than Liara, worse than Sera. Not that she didn't have stiff competition from DA2 anders and pretty boy lyrium elf.

How'd it feel when you got to the end of Trespasser and realized that pretty much all of Merrill's stupider beliefs were vindicated?

Quorum posted:

Same except without the rival and with being a full-on enabler as Stabby McSnark Hawke. "Go ahead, summon it! I bet it has good loot!"

Reclaimer fucked around with this message at 09:15 on Dec 11, 2016

Reclaimer
Sep 3, 2011

Pierced through the heart
but never killed

exquisite tea posted:

Liara's dad.

Anthropocentric bag of dicks.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

exquisite tea posted:

:aaa:

Though now that you say it I don't see how I didn't notice before.

DrNutt posted:

I love her absolutely crucial character in Destiny, the Premium Currency vendor. Truly a wise use of her acting talents.
Every now and then I play Destiny, and the first time I did after they added that I was running by and she said something. Cue my brain sort of short circuiting because it couldn't figure out what the gently caress Morrigan was doing there.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Claudia Black has a cool voice that she is good at using and she should use it more in games IMO

Would have taken her as Femryder in ME4 any day of the week

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
aw man Claudia as a player voice would have owned

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Moola posted:

aw man Claudia as a player voice would have owned

Probably wouldn't fit what they're going for with Ryder, though.

Claudia Black's voice carries a certain amount of world-weary experience with it most of the time. She sounds like she's dealt with a lot, and most of it is other people's stupidity.

Ryder, meanwhile, is supposed to be the FNG, so that's kind of a bad match.

Now, we can debate the merits of having the player be Rookie Fuckstick, but I think most of us can agree that Claudia Black, for all her talents, wouldn't be an ideal fit for the role.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
The latest Call of Duty cast Claudia Black as a tired, war-weary former captain who busted herself down to a lower rank because she couldn't deal with the pressures of command anymore and it's like peak Claudia Black casting.

Polaron
Oct 13, 2010

The Oncoming Storm

chiasaur11 posted:

Probably wouldn't fit what they're going for with Ryder, though.

Claudia Black's voice carries a certain amount of world-weary experience with it most of the time. She sounds like she's dealt with a lot, and most of it is other people's stupidity.

Ryder, meanwhile, is supposed to be the FNG, so that's kind of a bad match.

Now, we can debate the merits of having the player be Rookie Fuckstick, but I think most of us can agree that Claudia Black, for all her talents, wouldn't be an ideal fit for the role.

She actually can do fun and perky (see Stargate, Uncharted), she's just fantastically good at world-weary.

Which is funny because from everything I've heard she's definitely much closer to fun and perky than the characters she's always cast as.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Dan Didio posted:

The latest Call of Duty cast Claudia Black as a tired, war-weary former captain who busted herself down to a lower rank because she couldn't deal with the pressures of command anymore and it's like peak Claudia Black casting.

aw hell yeah!

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

SubponticatePoster posted:

Every now and then I play Destiny, and the first time I did after they added that I was running by and she said something. Cue my brain sort of short circuiting because it couldn't figure out what the gently caress Morrigan was doing there.

Jennifer Hale does a bunch of voices for WoW: Legion and it's weird to hear Commander Shepard every time I speak to the Illidari Quartermaster.

I am also amazed that Ashly Burch has not done a voice for a Bioware game yet, it seems like it'd be right up her alley.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Lol anyone who doesn't "like" Merrill as a character probably white knighted her and enabled her which is pretty loving lmao, DA2 was a shitpile but the writers have my respect for what they did to anyone who didn't tell Merrill she was being a dipshit.

Mike the TV
Jan 14, 2008

Ninety-nine ninety-nine ninety-nine

Pillbug
I got the itch to play ME1, so I bought it on Steam after having it on xbox years ago. I can't seem to figure out how to get Bring Down the Sky though. Is it even possible? Googling it feels like an archaeological dig through dead links to bioware redemption pages.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Mike the TV posted:

I got the itch to play ME1, so I bought it on Steam after having it on xbox years ago. I can't seem to figure out how to get Bring Down the Sky though. Is it even possible? Googling it feels like an archaeological dig through dead links to bioware redemption pages.

I think the answer at this point is contact EA support.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Mike the TV posted:

afair, it's much easier to do through Origin, and you can use your Steam CD key to redeem it on Origin. I did this some time ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coeurl Marx
Oct 9, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Hank Morgan posted:

Someone was asking about what the worst possible fail-Shep trilogy run would be a few pages back. This is one I played through myself:

Holy moley, thanks for that. I'll let the council live because I've never done a run where that's the case, but otherwise that's perfect.