Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!

Kawasaki Nun posted:

Just re-enlist! also enjoy paying for the classes you fail
The reserve recruiters have been stepping up their email game the past couple of weeks. :stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Naked Bear posted:

The reserve recruiters have been stepping up their email game the past couple of weeks. :stare:
I used to get keep getting calls from recruiters 4 years into my first enlistment. The idiot from the Marine Reserve upon hearing that I was already in told me "I can get you outa that bro!", and also something about how I could apply for welfare and make more money that way. Up to that point I hadn't been rude because I didn't think it was worth blowing up at some rando on the phone, but that was the point when I hung up on him.

Edit: Oh and apparently everyone else loves this class that I hate the most so it's going to be fairly obvious who slams it in the evaluation.

Casimir Radon fucked around with this message at 22:44 on Nov 30, 2016

Alloy
Aug 15, 2004
Rocks the Universe

Kawasaki Nun posted:

Just re-enlist! also enjoy paying for the classes you fail

Update: i finished my paper using a secret technique i learned in the marines. I got really drunk first.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Alloy posted:

Update: i finished my paper using a secret technique i learned in the marines. I got really drunk first.

I want to read this paper now.

Just finished my last class of the quarter. Time to begin winter break with physical therapy and then lots of weed

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

Alloy posted:

Most of my longer school assignments followed the long-standing writers mantra of "write drunk, edit sober." Semper fir

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Alloy posted:

Update: i finished my paper using a secret technique. I got really high first.

Pretty much how I do it.

Finals is no joke goddamn.

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

You will find no one to help you here. Beth DuClare has been dissected and placed in cryonic storage.

My govt accounting prof is one of the laziest I've ever had, but luckily this translated into him deciding to not give us the final. Whew!

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

My worthless loving group wants to meet with our professor on Thursday. Don't know what for but I suspect it might be because I blew off off our meeting today to work on more pertinent stuff. I've already had to spend too much time on this poo poo and contributed more than some of them have. Hopefully I'll calm down between now and then and won't end up telling them all to gently caress themselves in front of our professor.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Sometimes you've just gotta tell it like it is.

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones
I hated group projects. It was usually me and one other guy pushing to make sure stuff was completed and compiled in a timely manner.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
some really huge fat kid wore an adjustable santa hat all day day in class and I never saw him take it off.

No one said anything either it was weird man.

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?

Sugartime Jones
It's finals.

The weird ones are gonna start coming out.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Finishing my group project which my teammates have contributed barely anything.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
My class lasted forty minutes of the two hours we were slotted for going over our final art projects. I stayed behind with three other students and the teacher for another hour bullshitting about how terrible some of the kids in my class were.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

I did end up chatting about politics with one of my professors for an hour and then she gave me the essay prompts for the final which nobody else is getting till Thursday. So that was cool.

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?

Sugartime Jones

Soulex posted:

Finishing my group project which my teammates have contributed barely anything.

Or if you're like me for small group presentation, you get the whispy art major who volunteers to compile everyone's notes and slides.

And then changes backgrounds, fonts, text colors through-out the entire thing to make it 'easier to read'.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

We had a girl last semester pull that stunt on our Google doc slideshow. It looked like a second grader made it. Then she acted all hurt when we reverted it.

She also skipped a poo poo ton of class. Other than that she was this awful mix of bossy and flakey. Everything in that class was done in your group so the rest of us hated her a few weeks in. But she was one of the teacher's favorites so I got B+ at the end and she got an A despite the rest of us slamming her in peer review.

She also skipped a month of a class this semester then walked in one day like she never left. Apparently this didn't her on campus job at all.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
a ppt slide deck isn't a ppt slide deck if it doesn't make a cool and different overly loud transition noise like a race car every slide

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
hey lol everyone look at this clip art of a guy with a thought bubble

Xenaba
Feb 18, 2003
Pillbug
We've been doing powerpoint presentations in my predominantly freshman intro to computing class this week. The army ROTC kid's was titled Military Technology: Aircraft. Wasn't bad until it got to the slide that had the dates for milestones in aircraft tech. Apparently the first military cargo plane came into existence in 2007, and no aircraft had rockets until 2003.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

Ckwiesr posted:

We've been doing powerpoint presentations in my predominantly freshman intro to computing class this week. The army ROTC kid's was titled Military Technology: Aircraft. Wasn't bad until it got to the slide that had the dates for milestones in aircraft tech. Apparently the first military cargo plane came into existence in 2007, and no aircraft had rockets until 2003.

This is probably unethical as gently caress but see if you can get a copy of that presentation thanks

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
Tell him you thought it was cool and say you want to have a copy of it.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Handed in part two of my final last night. Unfortunately I need to spend my December and January renewing certifications.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Finals are the procrastinators worst nightmare. I see why people panic, but it's also like "do the loving work." Though I have no room to speak because I'm behind on a lot.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?
Done with finals! I think I managed a B in everything.

Which is a miracle, considering my mood started slipping around October and I phoned everything in.

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?

Sugartime Jones
Proud of you brother.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Seriously behind on one of my finals because I'm so sick of dealing with a the bullshit in two if my other classes. Have to buckle down and get it in by Friday night.

Kuroyama
Sep 15, 2012
no fucking Anime in GiP

Soulex posted:

Finals are the procrastinators worst nightmare. I see why people panic, but it's also like "do the loving work." Though I have no room to speak because I'm behind on a lot.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

I'm going to have at least two pages of material about various remote sensing platforms and why I chose to use Landsat 8 instead. Then a bunch of tables, and some maps. Hopefully that gets me the 15 pages I need and I'm not having a stroke tomorrow at 2300.

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah

Casimir Radon posted:

I'm going to have at least two pages of material about various remote sensing platforms and why I chose to use Landsat 8 instead. Then a bunch of tables, and some maps. Hopefully that gets me the 15 pages I need and I'm not having a stroke tomorrow at 2300.

jam in some quotes from scholarly articles about landsat justifying your choice my dude

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

DownByTheWooter posted:

jam in some quotes from scholarly articles about landsat justifying your choice my dude
That's the plan.

Copying from the Vent About Teachers thread:
I know you guys just submitted your final project but your Mexican colleague have some issues they want corrected :eng101:

I seriously doubt they do. Their semester is already over and they weren't excited enough to care much about it when they were in school. It's kind of hard to coordinate with kids in a different country when they're learning a different subject, have a semester that's a month shorter than ours, half as many credits, and pass/fail. In reality I think it's their instructer who's got an issue and probably wants something drastic changed before Wednesday. The Mexican students outright told us they hate him.

Our teacher is trying to push this collaborative cross-disciplinary stuff which I can understand. It'd be great if it worked out but he made a poor choice in who to partner us with. The amount of poo poo we've had to deal with seems like it should be worth more than 4 credits.

Edit: Turns out the issue was that we didn't use many of the photos they sent us. The problem we ran into is that 80% of the pictures they sent us had kids in them with their faces clearly visible. They're environmental science students so they don't know about the ethics standards we have to keep to, and obviously their instructer didn't take the time to explain it to them. I don't think they would have been happy if we'd pixelated out all of their faces like an episode of Cops either.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

Help me....drunk texted a 21 yea rold classmate, she agreed to a date...I'm 36, what the gently caress am I doing?

elite_garbage_man
Apr 3, 2010
I THINK THAT "PRIMA DONNA" IS "PRE-MADONNA". I MAY BE ILLITERATE.
You're doing the US proud

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Be sure to post a trip report.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Grem posted:

Help me....drunk texted a 21 yea rold classmate, she agreed to a date...I'm 36, what the gently caress am I doing?

Having a great time I hope

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Obviously you are going to do well.

App13
Dec 31, 2011

Grem posted:

Treat her like a peer and an equal and have a great date. If it works out and you two are on the same mental plane, excellent. If not just bang her like 3-4 times and move on. If you cant bed her then just crank one off while thinking about how your life is half over and then look at motorcycles

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Grem posted:

Go have fun and lay some pipe.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
Sent an email to the professor detailing a glitch I found in the exam software that can be detrimental of your score in order to throw eveything in question two days before the final :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

Sent an email to the professor detailing a glitch I found in the exam software that can be detrimental of your score in order to throw eveything in question two days before the final :getin:

Okay Trump

• Locked thread