Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

Lazy_Liberal posted:

He was grouchy but not committing war crimes as far as I could tell. Unless raising dudes from the dead is a crime!

neither was the torturer, by definition of 'war crime' in TES

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:
Another SSE heads up, Skyrim Unbound

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
Finally, the superior alternate start mod has arrived.

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?
Now all we need is Mod Organizer, SPERG, and the various SkyProc patchers. Though I wonder: Didn't SkyProc just create an ESP file? If so, could we import that ESPN file and save it in the new construction set?

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

Ynglaur posted:

Now all we need is Mod Organizer, SPERG, and the various SkyProc patchers. Though I wonder: Didn't SkyProc just create an ESP file? If so, could we import that ESPN file and save it in the new construction set?

I was reading up on those outside-the-game tools and patchers and from what I could tell there isn't anything stopping them from working for Special Edition besides them being hard-coded to look for Oldrim? Something like that? It's quite difficult to find this sort of information right now.
EDIT
Looking for ASIS information:

ASIS thread on Nexus posted:

Another reason it doesn't work is because even if you install it in the special edition folder, it seems to read from the regular Skyrim directory.

ASIS kept telling me masters weren't activated for certain ESPs because they didn't exist/weren't active in my regular Skyrim folder.

another post posted:

The source files for the patcher for EBD are posted and clearly show that the patcher is coded to look in and copy information to specific vanilla Skyrim folders. Is only a few lines that have the references and it would be easy to edit those lines to point to the SSE locations and registry entries. If that is ALL that needs to be done to get the patcher working it would be a very easy port.

KakerMix fucked around with this message at 20:32 on Dec 11, 2016

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

Anything is okay if you don't get caught!

... I hope this helps!

KakerMix posted:

I was reading up on those outside-the-game tools and patchers and from what I could tell there isn't anything stopping them from working for Special Edition besides them being hard-coded to look for Oldrim? Something like that? It's quite difficult to find this sort of information right now.

SKSE allows mods to execute customized, complicated scripts that could never be done in vanilla Skyrim. This allows all sorts of interesting mods. Unfortunately, SKSE needs to be rebuilt from the ground up to be compatible for the special edition, and it sounds like it will take months.

I really miss all my SKSE mods in the special edition, but the game has not crashed once for me. Not even once. :monocle: I'm not sure how much of my old Skyrim's crashing was due to memory limits or script heavy mods, but that nightmare is finally over. I'd rather play a somewhat stripped down Skyrim than one that unpredictably CTDs every 5-30 minutes.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

I'm not sure what I did to deserve it but Oldrim hasn't crashed once since I set it up recently.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

Mizuti posted:

SKSE allows mods to execute customized, complicated scripts that could never be done in vanilla Skyrim. This allows all sorts of interesting mods. Unfortunately, SKSE needs to be rebuilt from the ground up to be compatible for the special edition, and it sounds like it will take months.

I really miss all my SKSE mods in the special edition, but the game has not crashed once for me. Not even once. :monocle: I'm not sure how much of my old Skyrim's crashing was due to memory limits or script heavy mods, but that nightmare is finally over. I'd rather play a somewhat stripped down Skyrim than one that unpredictably CTDs every 5-30 minutes.

Yeah I know SKSE isn't a thing for SSE yet but ASIS doesn't require it. Certain other things like Everybody's Different do not require it either. SkyProc patchers don't because like whats-his-nuts said they just create an .esp file that combines a bunch of aspects of mods you ran through it to make certain mods you have apply to NPCs, generally.

Decus
Feb 24, 2013
The only SE crashes I've had all came from the unofficial patch.

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

KakerMix posted:

Yeah I know SKSE isn't a thing for SSE yet but ASIS doesn't require it. Certain other things like Everybody's Different do not require it either. SkyProc patchers don't because like whats-his-nuts said they just create an .esp file that combines a bunch of aspects of mods you ran through it to make certain mods you have apply to NPCs, generally.

If you're going to change my name you should at least pay :10bux: for it. :colbert:

If SkyProc only needs to have some directory names changed in the code, I wonder if symlinks would trick it.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

Mizuti posted:

I've had like 3 in 70 hours.

And yes, it turns out that "not crashing" is the best mod of all.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

Ynglaur posted:

If you're going to change my name you should at least pay :10bux: for it. :colbert:

If SkyProc only needs to have some directory names changed in the code, I wonder if symlinks would trick it.

I suppose you could download mods into Skyrim's directory and run Asis through that and then just move the esps over afterwards?

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

KakerMix posted:

I suppose you could download mods into Skyrim's directory and run Asis through that and then just move the esps over afterwards?

That's what I'm wondering. You'd end up grabbing Oldrim versions of mods (ASIS, Automatic Variants, whatever), running SkyProc, and then taking the ESP (and textures) over to the SSE Construction Kit, opening, and saving. I don't know if that would work, but I like ASIS and Automatic Variants enough it might be worth the effort.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Ynglaur posted:

That's what I'm wondering. You'd end up grabbing Oldrim versions of mods (ASIS, Automatic Variants, whatever), running SkyProc, and then taking the ESP (and textures) over to the SSE Construction Kit, opening, and saving. I don't know if that would work, but I like ASIS and Automatic Variants enough it might be worth the effort.

It certainly feels like something that'd be worth testing, though you'd have to also make sure the ASIS Dependencies ESP works in SE as well. (Though presumably SKSE isn't involved there either so it'd be at least theoretically possible.)

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

Ynglaur posted:

docbeard posted:

It certainly feels like something that'd be worth testing, though you'd have to also make sure the ASIS Dependencies ESP works in SE as well. (Though presumably SKSE isn't involved there either so it'd be at least theoretically possible.)

Also found this

reddit guy posted:

Diversity in the game is my #1 favorite thing, so I was curious to see if I could make Automatic Variants work in SE. Here's how I did it. This guide is for porting your already generated Automatic Variants.esp and textures in Oldrim. If you're not comfortable with TES5Edit I do not suggest this, as it's a little advanced.

Burns
May 10, 2008

On the topic of the Civil War, I am surprised no one has made a Post-Civil War mod (or at least none that I recall).

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
FINALLY!

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

I'm glad the important mods are being converted.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
I'm surprised that Apocalypse doesn't have any mining or jumping spells. Between that and Ordinator, my Destruction mage has been loads of fun. I've specialized in ice spells and aside from a few enemies that are just flat out immune to cold damage/effects, have had no problems as long as I paid attention.

How is the wildcat combat mod from a spell user perspective?

Also, does anyone have any other spell mods that aren't crazy OP?

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Two quick things:

1.) I've added a few more converted mods to my personal use folder, including Improved Closedfaced Hemlets.

2.) I've converted the most important follower mod to SE!

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Agents are GO! posted:

Two quick things:

1.) I've added a few more converted mods to my personal use folder, including Improved Closedfaced Hemlets.

2.) I've converted the most important follower mod to SE!

Number 2 is the best mod

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Entropic posted:

I'm glad the important mods are being converted.

You joke, but while the execution isn't great, the idea is sound when it comes to making an immersion mod.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Im loving that Apophysus' Dragon Priest Masks + Improved Closefaced Helmets makes Krosis fit my Kahjiit and makes her look like Grumpycat.

A.o.D. posted:

You joke, but while the execution isn't great, the idea is sound when it comes to making an immersion mod.

Watch out, that kind of harsh and unfair commentary is what drove Nerd of Prey from SA in the first place!

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

Agents are GO! posted:

Two quick things:

Hell yes.

Now I know what I'm doing when I get home.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

ThaumPenguin posted:

Hell yes.

Now I know what I'm doing when I get home.

That's gross.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
Their site keeps going down but Interesting NPCs has a version out for SSE you can find here and it seems to work fine.
Link for the Oldrim version: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/8429/

Edit:
Found Wyrmstooth which works with SSE

Based on these two mods it seems that if you unpack the .bsa files a lot of Oldrim mods can work just fine.

KakerMix fucked around with this message at 19:23 on Dec 13, 2016

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

Agents are GO! posted:

That's gross.

What can I say, I like good equipment mods.

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

Oh and I should probably ask, how well would this conversion of ICH work with Book of Silence for Oldrim?

ICH claims to be compatible with all armor texture replacers, but I know that Book of Silence has a compatibility patch for it, so I assume there's something that gets crocked without it.

The patch is part of the Amidianborn Content Addon, which adds new armors using some of the alternative armor textures supplied with BoS, so maybe the patch just makes those use ICH's helmet meshes?

In which case the patch would only be necessary if I was using the Content Addon, which I'm not.

For now I'll cross my fingers and hope that's the case.

e: Wait no, ICH's not compatible with any mods that change helmet meshes, which BoS does. Huh.

ThaumPenguin fucked around with this message at 21:39 on Dec 13, 2016

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Just run the BOS/ICH patch meshes through the SSE NIF Optimizer, which is basically all I did.

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug

Soonmot posted:

I'm surprised that Apocalypse doesn't have any mining or jumping spells. Between that and Ordinator, my Destruction mage has been loads of fun. I've specialized in ice spells and aside from a few enemies that are just flat out immune to cold damage/effects, have had no problems as long as I paid attention.

How is the wildcat combat mod from a spell user perspective?

Also, does anyone have any other spell mods that aren't crazy OP?

Ordinator + Apocalypse is a fantastic combo, I have a Battlemage-ish build going right now that's been a blast to play. Both the new Alteration spells and perks are amazing.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Yeah, I concur. I'm running Ordinator/Imperious/Aurora/Apocalypse/Sacrosanct/Wildcat on my current game (basically a full EnaiSiaion loadorder) and my hilariously OP Khajiit vampire assassin/illusionist is a ton a fun.

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

These stones are :sparkles: precious :sparkles:
When the heck are we gonna get a deadly dragons mod for SE? Bandits are tougher than dragons in my game (thanks, wildcat).

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

There's a version of diverse dragons for SE, but it's been a while since I tried that mod.

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

EnaiSaion has announced he's remaking Wintermyst, the new release is scheduled to come out this weekend.

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

:woop::woop::woop:

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

:circlefap::circlefap::circlefap:

I know what I'm doing this weekend.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
Is Wrymstooth a dlc type mod like Dragonborn? Since that one guy took all his mods down its hard to find real information about what it is. I know it's super popular and well liked but the information is just gone.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
It's got a new landmass, people with 30+ named NPCs, 17 questlines, and over 700 lines of dialogue. So yes it's comparable in scope to Dragonborn, or to Alexander J. Velicky Presents: Alexander J. Velicky's Falskaar, a mod by Alexander J. Velicky.

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug

gently caress yeah, I have SO many soul gems just waiting for this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

Cat Mattress posted:

It's got a new landmass, people with 30+ named NPCs, 17 questlines, and over 700 lines of dialogue. So yes it's comparable in scope to Dragonborn, or to Alexander J. Velicky Presents: Alexander J. Velicky's Falskaar, a mod by Alexander J. Velicky.

Ahhh it's that one, thanks. Now it will be "Wintermyst is garbage" by EnaiSiaion

KakerMix fucked around with this message at 18:39 on Dec 14, 2016