Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
wide stance
Jan 28, 2011

If there's more than one way to do a job, and one of those ways will result in disaster, then he will do it that way.
I would LOVE to wear public used headphones.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

decides to board a plane with big gently caress off noisy engines

annoyed by the sound, apparently this is something which can be avoided even though in cabin noise is not dangerous for human ears 👂

purchases stupid looking over priced headphones to treat this "problem"

complains about the brand and lack of dongles on the headphones 🎧

could have had more beer money for a kegger with "friends"

yospos post post posts

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe
tell us about the 13 year old router you own because it's inexpensive and you can install some open sores operating system on it that allows you to meaninglessly janitor it and has a slightly better interface than the granted garbage oem one

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

idk I got the one Vodafone sent me suits my needs it doesn't require dongles or noise cancelling headphones :shrug:

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
same

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
chumps in this thread installing wifi routers in they house so noisy they need to wear headphones to not hear it deliver packets at the speed of light

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

Rex-Goliath posted:

lol

most of us are americans please try to be considerate of our plight

upside of flying on domestic airlines: fewer controlled flights into terrain

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

echinopsis posted:

chumps in this thread installing wifi routers in they house so noisy they need to wear headphones to not hear it deliver packets at the speed of light

there's a reason why its called the airport extreme

LUBE UP YOUR BUTT
Jun 30, 2008

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

upside of flying on domestic airlines: fewer controlled flights into terrain

post 9-11 anyway

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

Displeased Moo Cow posted:

decides to board a plane with big gently caress off noisy engines

annoyed by the sound, apparently this is something which can be avoided even though in cabin noise is not dangerous for human ears 👂

purchases stupid looking over priced headphones to treat this "problem"

complains about the brand and lack of dongles on the headphones 🎧

could have had more beer money for a kegger with "friends"

yospos post post posts

they cost me $0 but lol at assuming a pair of headphones will break the bank of an a-class yospos figs producer

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

echinopsis posted:

you take a lightspeed packet to the face and tell me you don't need some headphones

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

Rex-Goliath posted:

they cost me $0 but lol at assuming a pair of headphones will break the bank of an a-class yospos figs producer

you keep saying this while I sip on more kegs than you can imagine while I listen to bad rear end tunes on my Panasonic earbuds :chord:

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Bose and Apple, two bad tastes that go bad together

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Bose and Apple, two bad tastes that go bad together

sure if it's opposites day

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
the best thing beats ever did was fleece monster completely out of business.

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

lol john gruber

quote:

“We are with him and will help in any way we can” sounds like “I’m ready to spit-shine his shoes” to my ears. I expect all of them to be polite — or perhaps better put, politic — in their public statements on the meeting, but there’s no need for these CEOs to fall in line.

I expect Tim Cook to handle himself just fine. I think he’ll leave Trump Tower with his dignity, integrity, and Apple Inc.’s interests under a Trump administration intact. (Getting a bill passed to repatriate foreign-held dollars at a reasonable tax rate could happen in the post-Trump political climate.) But, man, to be a fly on the wall in that room if Steve Jobs were still alive…

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
*fly flies from wall to land on fruit about to be stuffed up Steve's rear end*

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

*fly flies from wall to land on fruit about to be stuffed up Steve's rear end*

trumps all carrot diet a touch point i never considered

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

"The faster you use your cooldowns, the faster you can use them again"
siri on macos is garbage

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Mad Wack posted:

siri on macos is garbage

it just worked for me, sorry you must be holding it wrong or turned off indexing or something

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

Mad Wack posted:

siri on macos is garbage

man gnome looks worse and worse every time i see it. more icons ought to make everything more readable said no one ever

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

microsoft word is dead to me too op

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

weirdly enough saying "open microsoft word" works, but open word does not but it still says it is looking for microsoft word!!!

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

maniacdevnull posted:

man gnome looks worse and worse every time i see it. more icons ought to make everything more readable said no one ever

what icon is in this picture that would not be in an equivalent place in windows 10?

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

carry on then posted:

what icon is in this picture that would not be in an equivalent place in windows 10?

W10 has the same wifi battery sound and date time but lol at the rest. you got, near as i can tell, pintrest, googearth, stealth cat, keyhole? no idea on the rest. oh and whatever shiny bubble, screen magnify, and hamburger menu (in contrast to the dots menu i guess) on the other side of the time.

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

maniacdevnull posted:

W10 has the same wifi battery sound and date time but lol at the rest. you got, near as i can tell, pintrest, googearth, stealth cat, keyhole? no idea on the rest. oh and whatever shiny bubble, screen magnify, and hamburger menu (in contrast to the dots menu i guess) on the other side of the time.

thats just all my extra nerd poo poo - the far left is a twin peaks tribute with the owl head and the gate to the black lodge

the earth is to remind me of the zog one world nwo

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

lol

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

Mad Wack posted:

weirdly enough saying "open microsoft word" works, but open word does not but it still says it is looking for microsoft word!!!

just a guess: an older version of office registered itself with siri as "word / Microsoft Word" and the pointer to the app got broken in an office update (or never worked correctly), but siri can always still find an app that you call by its proper name

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

Dixie Cretin Seaman posted:

just a guess: an older version of office registered itself with siri as "word / Microsoft Word" and the pointer to the app got broken in an office update (or never worked correctly), but siri can always still find an app that you call by its proper name

i want to call it by its slave name

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
the proper term now is cable select

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

Mad Wack posted:

thats just all my extra nerd poo poo - the far left is a twin peaks tribute with the owl head and the gate to the black lodge

the earth is to remind me of the zog one world nwo

lol way 2 cj ur mac

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Uncle at Nintendo posted:

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

agreed

i spotted a person with actual post-Beats Monster DNA headphones last week tho

skimothy milkerson
Nov 19, 2006

Uncle at Nintendo posted:

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

that owned so hard

especially the way the notoriously litigious and underhanded monster got gutted, boned, and filleted when they tried to negotiate with the real sharks in the music industry

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
monster still exists though

jimmy iovine took a sizable chunk out of the company but they didn't kill it

he's planning to do the same to apple

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
2017 is the year when apple gets into energy drinks and manufacturiong toilet cisterns

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

echinopsis posted:

2017 is the year when apple gets into energy drinks and manufacturiong toilet cisterns

they already released the new MacBook pros

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
:chanpop:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moreleth
Jun 11, 2001

lego my eggo

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

they already released the new MacBook pros