Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
Dollar pulled edgars osb 🤔

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
Anyone pulled a 5* from the free draw lately? Seems more unlikely than it used to be. I haven't drawn poo poo but leather shields and knives in a long time.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

Charles Bukowski posted:

Anyone pulled a 5* from the free draw lately? Seems more unlikely than it used to be. I haven't drawn poo poo but leather shields and knives in a long time.

They keep inexplicably lowering the odds. I haven't done one in a long time. I think your odds are like one per 10 years of drawing now.

Hawkeye
Jun 2, 2003
I got God hand for Sabin, and already have his bum rush SSB. The physical blink was a huge save for my team back in the day. However for the BSB, It seems like the attacks are kinda... weak? I really want to use him but I feel like my Tidus with bsb/OSB just shits out damage in comparison.

To be fair, I have Tidus OSB weapon with a bunch of augments in it for +water damage and a golden hairpin.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Sabin's BSB is sadly undertuned. They got better at iteration BSBs down the road, but Godhand is just a byproduct of them testing it out.

SuperHappy
Aug 22, 2004

feel the rhythm with your hands
What in the world is with those Magitek Armors... did Dena let a programming mistake get through, or what? With a Wall and Break Fever in effect, Clash still hit everyone for 3000+ damage and criticaled 100% of the time, and it could be done multiple times per turn. I have quite a few perfectly good fights that needed a reset whenever they suddenly decided to spam it :bang:

edit: Clash being piercing does explain a lot; It'd be fine if the armors didn't have a speed of 8 million. The Guardian was a pretty fun CM, at least. It was a big relief after that horseshit.

SuperHappy fucked around with this message at 20:02 on Dec 11, 2016

ETB
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah, I'm that guy.
It's like that one Elite Story Dungeon with Vargas, repeatedly in an event!

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

SuperHappy posted:

What in the world is with those Magitek Armors... did Dena let a programming mistake get through, or what? With a Wall and Break Fever in effect, Crush still hit everyone for 3000+ damage and criticaled 100% of the time, and it could be done multiple times per turn. I have quite a few perfectly good fights thst needed a reset whenever they suddenly decided to spam it :bang:

Clash is DEF-ignoring. Use Break Fever + Box Step Sarabande. It does get locked for two turns after they use it, so if you kill off one or two quickly it's much easier to deal with.

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

Elephant Ambush posted:

Multi-target boss fights that use piercing attacks are horse poo poo .

It's worse in this case because the part that fucks you is the third wave of the fight, and it's excessively annoying that when that bit fucks you, s/l takes you back to the beginning to do those first two waves again.

My main suggestion is bring a RW Wall and any other mitigation you can dig up. It won't help with Clash, but it might let you survive the attacks after Clash until you can drop a Medica or counter with AOE break spam to kill them.

FruitPunchSamurai
Oct 20, 2010

Once you have wall + shellga up, the lasers aren't too bad, but the start of the fight is basically a complete crapshoot with magitek laser doing 6k to a single character. Even with full atb bars on the buffers, it's still super random whether anyone dies or not. I had to restart like 10 times before the game decided it wasn't going to kill rikku or eiko before anyone got a single action off.

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

Any goons that need to finish Lady Amadine 160? I haven't been able to get it to work with randos but I also can't do much more than I am to help that situation.

I'll be under ID 4666 with a Ramza with Full Break and Tailwind and a Garnet carrying Slowga and Divine Guardian. Mostly just need probably at least one more good healer and a whole bunch of damage.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Yeah if the order of the waves had been reversed it wouldn't have been too bad, it's getting all the way to end and getting wrecked by Clash spam that you can't do a single thing about that sucks rear end. Literally went into the round with Wall, Protectga, and Shellga up and all 3 of them Clashed as their first action. 9k AoE damage before I could get a heal off even with haste, that's cool.

At least the first 2 rounds are easy if you don't get gibbed by a laser right away. The round that I finally beat them, only one used clash the entire time and the rest faffed around with Missile and that weak AoE laser attack, so it seems extremely RNG-based. If they decide to all use clash in the first 2 turns, you are probably dead no matter what.

Lyndon LaRouche
Sep 5, 2006

by Azathoth

LornMarkus posted:

Any goons that need to finish Lady Amadine 160? I haven't been able to get it to work with randos but I also can't do much more than I am to help that situation.

I'll be under ID 4666 with a Ramza with Full Break and Tailwind and a Garnet carrying Slowga and Divine Guardian. Mostly just need probably at least one more good healer and a whole bunch of damage.

Well, I tried joining but got booted as the battle loaded. Hopefully you made good use of my Vaan+Rosa!

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

paperwind posted:

Well, I tried joining but got booted as the battle loaded. Hopefully you made good use of my Vaan+Rosa!

You almost won us the fight, along with the other fellow's Zell. Unfortunately we got killed by AOE spam at the last moment.

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

LornMarkus posted:

I have Stoneskin II Y'shtola and Onion Burst. That work?

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

AweStriker posted:

I have Stoneskin II Y'shtola and Onion Burst. That work?

Oh yeah, love to have you. We failed that run but I'm up and waiting again.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

I've had my RW set to a decked out Maria BSB but I'm thinking I may change it over to Strago's Mighty Guard VI for something with more utility that more people can use, as well as being something that'll be less common I reckon. What do you guys think?

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

LornMarkus posted:

Oh yeah, love to have you. We failed that run but I'm up and waiting again.

Same ID?

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

Yup, somebody awhile ago suggested 4666 just be the standardized code for Good/Goon groups and I like the idea. If enough people start doing it you won't necessarily need to post, just search it.

Edit: That's a funny enough mistake that I'll still acknowledge it.

Koobes
Nov 6, 2012

LornMarkus posted:

You almost won us the fight, along with the other fellow's Zell. Unfortunately we got killed by AOE spam at the last moment.

My FFRK app is now stuck in a recursive loading error after failing that attempt :smith: Was close though

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

Koobes posted:

My FFRK app is now stuck in a recursive loading error after failing that attempt :smith: Was close though

Well if you can get it working we've got a second group now, one slot left to fill. 4666 though Awe is leading it.
Nevermind looks like that ended. Oh well, back to randos I guess.

Gonna have to find the link to that text only Discord. Trying to organize this through the thread isn't gonna work. :sweat:

LornMarkus fucked around with this message at 21:22 on Dec 11, 2016

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.
Tested it out in random multiplayer groups, and the android emulator works a lot better for me, so it's nice to know I can keep doing multiplayer stuff.

The battle didn't go well because my Defend command took forever to load and didn't go off until after the Void Magic was cast, but at least it wasn't my phone's fault this time :v:.

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!

LornMarkus posted:

Well if you can get it working we've got a second group now, one slot left to fill. 4666 though Awe is leading it.

Nevermind looks like that ended. Oh well, back to randos I guess.

If you still need it I can hop in with my Laguna/Papalymo blizzard power hour

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

ZiegeDame posted:

If you still need it I can hop in with my Laguna/Papalymo blizzard power hour

Yes, please yes, Awe's leading and we're 4666 right now.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

Yeah if the order of the waves had been reversed it wouldn't have been too bad, it's getting all the way to end and getting wrecked by Clash spam that you can't do a single thing about that sucks rear end. Literally went into the round with Wall, Protectga, and Shellga up and all 3 of them Clashed as their first action. 9k AoE damage before I could get a heal off even with haste, that's cool.

At least the first 2 rounds are easy if you don't get gibbed by a laser right away. The round that I finally beat them, only one used clash the entire time and the rest faffed around with Missile and that weak AoE laser attack, so it seems extremely RNG-based. If they decide to all use clash in the first 2 turns, you are probably dead no matter what.

You should prime Multi Break up right as you kill off the second wave. Neither Wall or Protectga does anything to stop Clash damage.

I believe it's also row-affected, which definitely makes it a Summoner-preferred fight.

ApplesandOranges fucked around with this message at 21:34 on Dec 11, 2016

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

Gaaaaah that was so close.

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!

AweStriker posted:

That was a pretty spectacular lag festival, but I'm willing to try again.

Rynyin
Feb 10, 2006

H.Y.C.Y.BH?

AweStriker posted:

The paralysis on Vanille right before I could pop another heal was painful. It felt so in control until that 2nd wave came out.

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

ZiegeDame posted:

That was a pretty spectacular lag festival, but I'm willing to try again.

Ditto, we just got horrifically unlucky with those Paralyzes. If it had missed Ramza or Vanille we could have healed through the AOE spam.

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!

LornMarkus posted:

Ditto, we just got horrifically unlucky with those Paralyzes. If it had missed Ramza or Vanille we could have healed through the AOE spam.

There a discord or something so we can chat not in thread?

because we really need protect/shell and Laguna can do slow but neither of those

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Well these Ultimates were loving obnoxious. Counter Slave Crown is a good design choice and not at all stupid fight-wrecking RNG bullshit. He certainly never seems to prioritize your healer when she's charging a medica. :shepface:

Now I need to go back and master the Ultimate because for some reason I thought Halting Rumba was AoE Slow. I'll do that tomorrow, though, after EXP Daily goes back away.

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

ZiegeDame posted:

because we really need protect/shell and Laguna can do slow but neither of those

Well, that was a gently caress of a lot more hectic, but it worked enough. If you guys want to go again for mastery I'm willing to and we can adjust to better do it (but I'm totally fine with just taking the Mythril and walking away, if people prefer that). I just couldn't keep the healing up and hit her with slow, and there at the end there it actually wouldn't let me do anything with her. I was trying to defend because she was void target but all of Garnet's actions were greyed out.

And yeah, somebody mentioned a text only discord awhile back but we'd have to dig it up.

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

ZiegeDame posted:

Here's an FFRK Goons discord that has been a thing for a while. (EDIT: Consider it dug up.)

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

I had an easier time with Kefka than I did with the U+ for some stupid reason. I don't know what it was about it, it didn't seem like it was putting out an insane amount of damage or anything. Just weird RNG.

Took like 20 attempts on the Magitek waves fight to not get where it would one shot my healer before I could do anything. Like it kept doing it to the point that I was trying to check here and reddit for some dumb mechanic I might have missed like "always attacks the character in the top spot" or something.

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.
Would quistis' bsb, or irvine's hyper break be a better choice for me to use as a RW? I currently have palom's mind/attack boost, but I think an attack might be better.

FeralWraith
Dec 17, 2007
Lurking Bastard
Ultimate fights done and dusted. Ended up going A-Team on the Ultimate because i got tired of playing RNG roulette. Oneshotted Ult+ with CM team, but it would've been better going Gau over Locke due to having Gau's Gigavolt Rage SB (feels weird saying that). The Ult++ was a no issue, other than the clown getting spam happy with his Stop command on Beatrix and Pecil late in the fight. Aerith with White Materia SB and Diaga ended up doing most of the damage there.

Looking ahead, the Angeal event shouldn't be too bad, but I have my concerns with the V event afterward. Low synergy is still a problem, and then there's the fact that Bartz is the U+ (although I don't think he gets to go Kick-happy from the get-go now.) Beyond those, it's Alphinaud and Minfilia time.

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

I never saw Kefka use Stop, and he only managed to confuse someone once - and it was Relm, the least effective member of the team.

Constant Wiggy-Wang-Wang-aja spam was almost as bad though, jesus christ.

Still won though.

ParliamentOfDogs
Jan 29, 2009

My genre's thriller... What's yours?
I've been pairing up Zidane with his burst and Luneth with Swordshower for MP and my God is it a thing of beauty to build SB charges until the final half of Amadine and then just unleash. Had Swordshower doing 75,000 damage per cast.

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

ParliamentOfDogs posted:

I've been pairing up Zidane with his burst and Luneth with Swordshower for MP and my God is it a thing of beauty to build SB charges until the final half of Amadine and then just unleash. Had Swordshower doing 75,000 damage per cast.

I just saw a Cloud OSB + Enwind SB, paired with Imperil Wind from Fang. It was glorious combined with Armor Breakdown, Mug Bloodlust and Vaan BSB.

99,999 :black101:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inge
Jan 16, 2007
SERIOUSLY THATS DISGUSTING I'M TRYING TO EAT
Got through kefka alright with a bit of turtling and some magic blinks, but gently caress me, what an unfun fight that was :/

Also, it's pretty cool when when the only person available to bonk others out of confusion is in burst mode :v:

• Locked thread