Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

death sext

Subjunctive posted:

when I put it in rest it stalled completely, it seemed (over 5 mins it didn't drop). I figured it was downloading inside the game or something. I'll try again when my TV finishes updating :rolleyes:

all of your technology is going to be so cutting edge

edit: oops :blush:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mags

I am a congenital optimist.
poo poo

paul_soccer12 posted:

everyone in the idf must die

(USER WAS PERMABANNED FOR THIS POST)
IAmKale

やらないか

guys i have a friend coming over to should-surf me playing a fun game. i can't decide between FFXV or metal gear solid v. what do you guys (and gals!) think?

A Great Big Bee!

FFXV is flashier but it depends where you are in the story. just goof around with those good boys in the open world if you can

Chill la Chill

Don't lose your gay

Play MGS5 so you can play with the doge and go sledding

Apparently I'm #1 Kotori fan

thank you matoi and vanisher for the sigs, lovely dad for the cool av

Scaly Haylie

Do you have the rocket fist in MGS5? If so, play that.

Subjunctive

✨sparkle and shine✨

this h*cking thing won't finish installing :argh:

Moola

IAmKale posted:

guys i have a friend coming over to should-surf me playing a fun game. i can't decide between FFXV or metal gear solid v. what do you guys (and gals!) think?

mgs5 would be a way better game to show someone cool poo poo happening

Munchables

Ask/tell me about legal cannibalism

myDad posted:

I want to play the Last Guardian, those devs are amazing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QvcFRgJwE2k
Possible spoilers(?)

Piso Mojado

hi games thread. thinking about playing dark souls. I have the first two, which one should i start with?

Munchables

Piso Mojado posted:

hi games thread. thinking about playing dark souls. I have the first two, which one should i start with?

Numba 1

bare bottom pancakes

Production: Complete

Piso Mojado posted:

The first one, definitely

Moola
dark souls is good

Scaly Haylie

Piso Mojado posted:

I prefer 2 for many reasons (especially if it's Scholar because Scholar makes some cool changes) but 1 should probably be played first.

Anoia

"Sooner or later, every curse is a prayer."
I was gifted a copy of watch dogs 2 after I wrote a thing slamming the first game

It's way better and I'm on a quest to pet every dog

I still hate Uplay tho

Pro Target

Piso Mojado posted:

start with 'kings field 2'

Pro Target

You will appreciate fromsofts games more if you play them in the following order: KF2 -> KF3 -> KF4 -> Demon souls -> Dark Souls 2 -> Dark souls 1 -> Dark souls 3 -> Bloodborne just a tip from the master. everyoen else in this thread doesnt knwo whats up

Chill la Chill

Don't lose your gay

I started with bloodborne so now I know that I don't even have to touch the other games. :)

Urodov

Lizard Wizard posted:

I prefer 2 for many reasons (especially if it's Scholar because Scholar makes some cool changes) but 1 should probably be played first.

that's interesting liz wiz. i tend to agree with the received notion that ds 2 is inferior to the other two titles, though perhaps not as bad as some might say. although, if you don't have much time for games in your life, i might go so far as to call it skippable.... still a pretty good game though.

never minding the lore concerns, something about movement and attacking felt so viscerally wrong to me in ds 2. after gitting moderately gud in ds 1, i had to re-learn how to be even slightly competent in ds 2. and since then, having played some of demon's souls and the tutorial of ds 3, i can say that they also feel so much better. i don't know how they got it so wrong in ds 2! it's hard to describe. it's not "floaty" exactly... maybe more like "drifty"? like sliding along rails. and you seem to get stuck in certain states, like attacking in a particular direction (often not quite the direction you meant to, even if you were locked on) or poking--as with a rapier or spear--from behind a shield when you meant to attack normally. these are things i immediately noticed were remedied in ds 3.

Ãèáåëü â ìîðñêîé âîëíå,                                                                                                спасибо, Слагнойд-кун!
èëè ñâîáîäó

Pro Target

Chill la Chill posted:

I started with bloodborne so now I know that I don't even have to touch the other games. :)

In that case you should play fromosft's duingeon crawler 'Shadow Tower' which is more advanced than any of the others

Moola

Pro Target posted:

You will appreciate fromsofts games more if you play them in the following order: KF2 -> KF3 -> KF4 -> Demon souls -> Dark Souls 2 -> Dark souls 1 -> Dark souls 3 -> Bloodborne just a tip from the master. everyoen else in this thread doesnt knwo whats up

Please dont do this

Pro Target

Tell the truth? I will always do that

Moola
gosh darn it!

Chill la Chill

Don't lose your gay

I think I could trust the words of a happy rock but I could also trust the words of a chill ice skull. I don't know who to trust :ohdear:

Historical Wizards

E: that was kinda a jerk thing to say, sorry

I've been playing Morrowind again, which is a good thing in my book. I really need to get around to playing those half dozen factions I've somehow never touched.

Historical Wizards fucked around with this message at 17:49 on Dec 11, 2016

Many thanks Social Vegan for the wonderful av, and Fanky Malloons for the sig

Chill la Chill

Don't lose your gay

My guy can wear a cute doll dress or be a grim 18th century fashion magnate, what's not to like???

Historical Wizards

I'm also worried because I want to play Fallout 4 again, but I think that game is g*rb*ge and I h*te it, but I still want to play it again
help

Moola

Chill la Chill posted:

I think I could trust the words of a happy rock but I could also trust the words of a chill ice skull. I don't know who to trust :ohdear:

the truth is somewhere in the middle

~namaste~

bare bottom pancakes

Production: Complete

Historical Wizards posted:

I've been playing Morrowind again, which is a good thing in my book. I really need to get around to playing those half dozen factions I've somehow never touched.

Morrowind is great. what kind of character you running?

Historical Wizards

bare bottom pancakes posted:

Morrowind is great. what kind of character you running?

I am playing a nightblade (building custom classes feels kind of cheaty)
I'm doing thieves guild, and Mage's guild, probably do Haalu again.
I was really bad at video game as a child, so even though I've been exposed to this game for a long time, I only "really" played it a few years ago. So there is still a whole bunch of stuff I've never seen/done/experienced.

Scaly Haylie

Urodov posted:

that's interesting liz wiz. i tend to agree with the received notion that ds 2 is inferior to the other two titles, though perhaps not as bad as some might say. although, if you don't have much time for games in your life, i might go so far as to call it skippable.... still a pretty good game though.

never minding the lore concerns, something about movement and attacking felt so viscerally wrong to me in ds 2. after gitting moderately gud in ds 1, i had to re-learn how to be even slightly competent in ds 2. and since then, having played some of demon's souls and the tutorial of ds 3, i can say that they also feel so much better. i don't know how they got it so wrong in ds 2! it's hard to describe. it's not "floaty" exactly... maybe more like "drifty"? like sliding along rails. and you seem to get stuck in certain states, like attacking in a particular direction (often not quite the direction you meant to, even if you were locked on) or poking--as with a rapier or spear--from behind a shield when you meant to attack normally. these are things i immediately noticed were remedied in ds 3.

I really enjoy DS2 despite its problems.

Hello Meow
I am heck of enjoying Let it Die.

Pro Target

ds2 represents a committment to an aesthetic that even miyazaki couldnmt make, but the principled creators behind kings field 4 could (they also made 'dark souls 2') and it frightens people who want their so-called bleak games to not be THAT bleak

Pro Target

play shadow tower you loving ingrates

Moola
ds2 is bad

IAmKale

やらないか

Thanks for helping me decide between ffxv and mgsv, but we ended up playing all of Tales from the Borderlands (well in our usual fashion i played and he watched). we both coop'd bl 1 and 2 (and most of the presequel, though it didn't hook us like the first two) so it was a ton of fun seeing all the callbacks to past games :)

Pro Target

Moola posted:

ds2 is bad

you dont know poo poo

Pro Target

ds2 is a game people literally cant form their own opininops about and they listen to TheAntiSJWGamer on youtube say 'it has linear levels' or 'the gameplay doesnt feel right' (feels just like demon souls forthe record) and other things that are present in dark souls 1, 3, des, etc. and they decide they dont like the game

Pro Target

dark souls 3 is the most galling because it was literally a linear corridor for the entire game basically except the one branch in irithyll but mysterioiusly now nobody complains about it because its miyazaki making it,you idiots dont have the tools to even grapple with these games and your enjoyment of them is purely affected

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Munchables

I think the first game I ever 100% completed was 1080° Avalanche for the gamecube, and the second (and possibly only other one) was Open Season for the Gameboy SP.

What were the first games you dudes 100 percented, or your favorite to 100, or just some fun games to 100?