Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Kelvin Benjamin was benched today and I hope they leave him there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

Sour Diesel posted:

i'm glad the titans won and hope they become good again so i can hate them just like old times

That can't happen anymore. Those days are over. Hating them I mean. Jeff Fisher was the big thing that made them a hate magnet.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

FizFashizzle posted:

i hope you are excited about Matt Moore's game-winning drive in Miami

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
I hear you root for a losing team lmfao

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

https://twitter.com/mfr234/status/808058998935130112

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

R.D. Mangles posted:

I wish it was against John fox.

Brain Curry
Feb 15, 2007

People think that I'm lazy
People think that I'm this fool because
I give a fuck about the government
I didn't graduate from high school

R.D. Mangles posted:

Phins up!

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
I am grateful for the early games clownball and appreciative that Jeff Fisher is keeping up tradition.

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013
Fire Mike McCoy. That team looked absolutely pathetic and the only reason why Carolina didn't roll them entirely is they took their foot off the gas in the second half. Cam looked off for most of the game too.

I see a lot of Charger fans calling for Rivers' head now and dump him, as if a franchise QB grows on trees. The truth is, there aren't many QBs in the league that can succeed behind the horseshit bunch of castoffs the Chargers found while dumpster diving. Their refusal to meaningfully address o-line in the draft year in and year out has given us this result: a QB who thinks he's going to get plasted on every play and is trying desperately to make up for that and a defense that hemorrhages away yards and points, no matter how much talent that gets added to the roster. No running game thanks to said godawful o-line and Gordon getting injured in the first Q. And you're surprised the Panthers' tee'd off on a QB with no protection, having to make up for one of the worst defenses in the league...

I don't see the point of keeping Offensive Mastermind Mike McCoy; knowing Dean, he'll be getting another year-long extension while they move the team to Los Angeles.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

FizFashizzle posted:

The Chargers are absolute dog poo poo

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Sigh dammit. Hopefully Moore can play anything close to what tannehill was playing at

bvlah
Aug 21, 2003
A stupid typo
Chargers officially not in the playoffs, I am freed from having to root for them

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

fsif posted:

Fire Rex, keep Tyrod
Amen. The defense couldn't stop them unless Big Ben had a brain fart.

Sheen Sheen posted:

gently caress Tyrod Taylor, please stop making excuses for him
Who else are we going to bring in? 'Cause we currently have E.J. Manuel and Cardale Jones.
You want us to draft some one or what?

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Kawalimus posted:

The Redskins disgust me. Their team disgusts me their owner disgusts me and even their players disgust me. I am sickened by their very existence. And it makes me sick that we lost to them at home this year. I mean at least we got rid of Trestman otherwise we'd probably be heading for 3-13. I need them to lose and lose forever. And I don't like them.

all of this because you got bullied years ago by a couple fans of Washington

lol

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
loving ACL :negative:

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
lol the Broncos

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Matt Stafford is a powerful warlock.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Gonz posted:

Matt Stafford is a powerful warlock.

how did he manage to overcome a lead from a profoundly lovely, injury and roid suspension-riddled bears team that was caused by a pick six he threw to some practice squad cornerback

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Intruder posted:

lol the Broncos

Trevor Siemian can eat the doo doo

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Power of Pecota posted:

Trevor Siemian can eat the doo doo

uh, mods? MODS?

Sheen Sheen
Nov 18, 2002

Lance of Llanwyln posted:

Amen. The defense couldn't stop them unless Big Ben had a brain fart.

Who else are we going to bring in? 'Cause we currently have E.J. Manuel and Cardale Jones.
You want us to draft some one or what?

Literally anyone else. Yes, draft someone. Blow it all up. As much as it sickens me to say this, the Bills need to do a proper rebuild, which they've never done throughout this godawful drought. Taylor is a terrible QB who couldn't complete a pass outside of garbage time of his life depended on it. I would rather have loving Trent Edwards back at QB at this point, the Bills are absolutely going nowhere with anyone on this team, especially a passing attack ranked dead last in the league.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Amy Pole Her posted:

Sigh dammit. Hopefully Moore can play anything close to what tannehill was playing at

spoiler alert: he can't

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

https://twitter.com/PaulKuharskyNFL/status/808067197041938432

Tough and gritty leaving your knees all lovely

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013
Aside for Clay, who the gently caress is Taylor even throwing the ball to?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

I have confidence Moore could be the second-worst thing on the field at any point in time in the Jets game

So there's at least one positive, Dolfans

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

Durandal1707 posted:

Watkins(whose usually hurt), McCoy, a gimpy Robert Woods, Marqise Goodwin(usually hurt), and a collection of cast-offs and practice-squad fodder headlined by Justin Hunter.
This was literally the first time since Week 2 that both Watkins and Woods played at the same time.

Sheen Sheen
Nov 18, 2002

Durandal1707 posted:

Ah yes, the "he needs more weapons" excuse. I knew someone would trot this out at some point. Jerry Rice, Randy Moss, and TO in the primes of their careers wouldn't stop Tyrod from staring down his first read and being too afraid to pull the trigger.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Buffalo media and Bills fans are calling for Rex and Tyrod's head...I'm not so sure

They're probably going to finish 9-7 (remaining games - Browns, Miami without Tannehill, Jets)

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Sheen Sheen posted:

Literally anyone else. Yes, draft someone. Blow it all up. As much as it sickens me to say this, the Bills need to do a proper rebuild, which they've never done throughout this godawful drought. Taylor is a terrible QB who couldn't complete a pass outside of garbage time of his life depended on it. I would rather have loving Trent Edwards back at QB at this point, the Bills are absolutely going nowhere with anyone on this team, especially a passing attack ranked dead last in the league.

Tyrod is immeasurably better than JP Losman, Trent Edwards, Ryan Fitzpatrick, or EJ Manuel ever were. The Bills would be in the playoff hunt if the defense played up to its theoretical potential.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
Has anyone reputable confirmed Tannehills demise?

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

R.D. Mangles posted:

how did he manage to overcome a lead from a profoundly lovely, injury and roid suspension-riddled bears team that was caused by a pick six he threw to some practice squad cornerback

Satan works in mysterious ways, R.D. Mangles.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men

tarbrush posted:

I don't know, but tearful goodbyes are hardly hopeful.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

R.D. Mangles posted:

uh, mods? MODS?

Trevor Siemian status: crying into a Stefan Demos New Orleans Voodoo jersey, wishing he was as good at football.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

tarbrush posted:

Schefter said the team fears a torn ACL.

MRI tomorrow to confirm.

Sheen Sheen
Nov 18, 2002

fsif posted:

Tyrod is immeasurably better than JP Losman, Trent Edwards, Ryan Fitzpatrick, or EJ Manuel ever were. The Bills would be in the playoff hunt if the defense played up to its theoretical potential.

He's not better than any of them at completing passes, aka the most important thing a QB needs to do and this team will never have a winning record with him at the helm

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Miami's multimedia people are incredible

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Power of Pecota posted:

Trevor Siemian status: crying into a Stefan Demos New Orleans Voodoo jersey, wishing he was as good at football.

savage

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:
So which Cardinal ruined any hope for a Dolphins playoff with a low hit? Was it Campbell? Tannehill never missed a start and now if he tore his ACL he's going to be done for awhile. :smith:

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Trast posted:

So which Cardinal ruined any hope for a Dolphins playoff with a low hit? Was it Campbell? Tannehill never missed a start and now if he tore his ACL he's going to be done for awhile. :smith:

Campbell

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Trast posted:

Calais Campbell who apparently also did that to Cam Newton a few weeks back.

• Locked thread