Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
In fairness, I will be satisfied if we can stagger over the line and just be in the playoffs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013
"Man our defense gave up almost 300 yards of total offense against one of the best RBs in the league. Welp, guess it's the quarterback's fault" - some mouth breather who's idea of QB play comes from ESPN.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

tarbrush posted:

In fairness, I will be satisfied if we can stagger over the line and just be in the playoffs.

We might beat the Jets if they have truly given up on the season, but we won't beat the Bills or Pats with Moore.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Denver lost to a team that completed 6 passes all day :lol:

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

LiquidFriend posted:

Denver lost to a team that completed 6 passes all day :lol:

Exotic smashmouth

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013
According to Nick Hardwick, the Chargers have had five sacks in the last 22 quarters worth of play.

John "defensive mastermind" Pagano, everybody.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Sheen Sheen posted:

He's not better than any of them at completing passes, aka the most important thing a QB needs to do and this team will never have a winning record with him at the helm

I mean I guess I could do an effort post to show why this is an absurd thing to say but I think it would fall on deaf ears.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Durandal1707 posted:

According to Nick Hardwick, the Chargers have had five sacks in the last 22 quarters worth of play.

John "defensive mastermind" Pagano, everybody.

Your number one pick concussed himself making contact with cam newton.

Sheen Sheen
Nov 18, 2002

Durandal1707 posted:

"Man our defense gave up almost 300 yards of total offense against one of the best RBs in the league. Welp, guess it's the quarterback's fault" - some mouth breather who's idea of QB play comes from ESPN.

:jerkbag:

It's almost like there's more than one problem with this team! Shocking, I know.

It's certainly not the defense's fault that the offense couldn't get a first down until the game was basically over. The only non- garbage time points came from a turnover that gave them a starting position in the red zone, and even then they almost couldn't get a touchdown. But please, by all means, keep bending over backwards to defend a lovely quarterback.

AndItsAllGone
Oct 8, 2003

fsif posted:

I mean I guess I could do an effort post to show why this is an absurd thing to say but I think it would fall on deaf ears.

I'd be interested. I'm curious to know the way forward for the Bills.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

FizFashizzle posted:

They're calling it a neck injury

Sheen Sheen
Nov 18, 2002

fsif posted:

Yeah, I get that you're just trying to be a dismissive jerk, but I would actually like to hear why people think he's worth trying to build a team around, because no one else has been able to explain it to me, and he certainly hasn't made a very good case for himself.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

The idea that Tyrod is a demonstrably bad QB makes me wonder if people really have a firm grasp on the state of QB play around the league. He has his flaws but he's still better than 10 other starters on a given day

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

https://twitter.com/adamhbeasley/status/808079264054644737

:smith:

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Sheen Sheen posted:

:jerkbag:

It's almost like there's more than one problem with this team! Shocking, I know.

It's certainly not the defense's fault that the offense couldn't get a first down until the game was basically over. The only non- garbage time points came from a turnover that gave them a starting position in the red zone, and even then they almost couldn't get a touchdown. But please, by all means, keep bending over backwards to defend a lovely quarterback.

Tyrod is a good mobile QB whose main target was hurt for most of the season

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Sheen Sheen posted:

Yeah, I get that you're just trying to be a dismissive jerk, but I would actually like to hear why people think he's worth trying to build a team around, because no one else has been able to explain it to me, and he certainly hasn't made a very good case for himself.

He's not a player you build a team around. With that said, most qbs, including winning qbs, aren't in that franchise mold.

If the defense had carried its weight this year week in and week out they'd be a playoff team with Tyrod

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013

FizFashizzle posted:

Which was one of the only times the Chargers put any sort of heat on Newton, despite Carolina's o-line being beaten to hell and back. And that's why Pagano is a terrible DC: his units, healthy or beaten up, have never consistently put heat on opposing QBs because he's a bad coach who doesn't put players in a position where they can succeed. This isn't just a 'this year' thing, even though the Chargers are on pace to give up 400+ points; this has been an issue every season he's been here.

a neat cape posted:

They're calling it a neck injury

Very possible that it's both.

EugeneJ posted:

Tyrod is a good mobile QB whose main target was hurt for most of the season

His play action technique and deep ball is extremely good, and he has solid pocket presence - he escapes a lot of sacks that would see most other QBs get taken down quickly. The problem with Buffalo is that they aren't a team that is really built to come from behind on opposing teams offensively - further cemented by the Bills' wideouts being hammered with injuries and their replacements not being talented enough to get open - and their defense has been mediocre for most of the season.

Taylor's last two games have been rough, but he's put up a solid body of work in Buffalo to this point and he doesn't turn the ball over very much. (the Bills have given up the fewest of any team in the league) Telling him to hit the bricks and draft a QB - when this isn't a very good QB class anyway - doesn't really fix the Bills' issues.

Durandal1707 fucked around with this message at 23:57 on Dec 11, 2016

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

well tanny was going to take the wrong hit sooner or later, of course it is just his and the dolphins luck that it's his loving ACL

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

Ehud posted:

We might beat the Jets if they have truly given up on the season, but we won't beat the Bills or Pats with Moore.

tannehill deserves better than this. this is a, uh *looks in classical dictionary* a pie-rick victory.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

Kalli posted:

Calais Campbell who apparently also did that to Cam Newton a few weeks back.

That is very unchill, Calais Campbell. Don't ruin people's livelihoods.

That really sucks.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

It just really hit me that 2017 is basically done now too because of how late in the year this injury happened.

We'll have to either sign a FA or draft somebody to start next year.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

well all the dumbasses who think miami's problems have all been because of tannehill now have the chance to prove us wrong, i guess.

incompetent
Jun 4, 2013

Ehud posted:

It just really hit me that 2017 is basically done now too because of how late in the year this injury happened.

trade for sam bradford

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
https://twitter.com/JayMorrisonCMG/status/808059365731274753

https://twitter.com/JayMorrisonCMG/status/808069423668035584

https://twitter.com/FOX19Jeremy/status/808054682086232070

between this and janoris jenkins i get the feeling that terrelle pryor might be an rear end in a top hat

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Sheen Sheen posted:

You said you'd rather see Trent Edwards.

Taylor is 61.9% completion, 7.2 YPA, 31 TD, 13 INT

Edwards was 60.6%, 6.5 YPA, 26 TD, 30 INT

These are also exclusively passing stats. Taylor is as good a running QB as the league has ever seen and does a lot to help open running lanes for the NFL's #1 rushing offense.

The two aren't in the same league and I can't imagine how you can argue they are.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Terrell Pryor showed up in a luxury sports car to the press conference about him receiving illegal benefits while in college.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Want to see a close up of an ACL getting ruined?

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
Reminder that drafting Pryor was the last thing Al Davis did before he died

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
Calais, you are supposed to be a friendly monster :(.

Also Tannehill could be ready in time for week 1 next year without rushing him.

Iodised QQ
Jul 23, 2004

Seattle is probably getting a first round bye and home game in the Divisional Round which will give them a very good chance at making the NFCCG despite being poo poo. Mostly because of their incredible home field advantage and their dogshit division.

Seattle is one lucky rear end franchise I tell you what.

PantsFreeZone
May 31, 2013

by Nyc_Tattoo
Now, witness the power of this fully operational battle station.

I am ready for some Moore playoffs, eh, right guys? guys?

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

Kalli posted:

maybe it's just a sprain :(

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Kalli posted:

No penalty on this BTW

can't say enough about how awful the officiating crew was today

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Water wet, sky blue, Seahawks play like poo poo at Lambeau.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

PantsFreeZone posted:

Hope you're happy.

PantsFreeZone
May 31, 2013

by Nyc_Tattoo

Ehud posted:

you know they are going to bring in Jay Cutler instead of doing something smart

Ehud posted:

Hope you're happy.

whatever, we just discovered a new way to finish 8-8

Sheen Sheen
Nov 18, 2002

fsif posted:

These are also exclusively passing stats. Taylor is as good a running QB as the league has ever seen and does a lot to help open running lanes for the NFL's #1 rushing offense.

The two aren't in the same league and I can't imagine how you can argue they

[quote="fsif" post="467302600"]

The two aren't in the same league and I can't imagine how you can argue they are.

I don't actually want Trent Edwards :rolleyes: also I think the value of Tyrod's running ability is overblown. It rarely translates to wins, puts him at risk for injury, and if you have to put the game in his hands to pull off a 4th quarter comeback you can basically just give up. He's still averaging less than 200 passing yards a game and in the Seattle game, which people were touting as his "best game as a pro" ( :laffo: ) he still threw for less than 300 yards in a loving loss and came up short with a chance to win inside the two minute warning. About all he's good at is not turning the ball over, and that's largely because he's afraid to commit to throwing the ball. I've seen all I need to see of Tyrod Taylor, and I'm certainly not looking forward to watching him stare down open receivers like a deer in headlights for another down, let alone the rest of this season or the next one.

Also, apparently I have to spell this out--the defense is godawful and playing far below their potential, and I blame this solely on Rex Ryan. This team is rotten to the core and needs to be completely blown up before it can get better. That includes Whaley and Rex.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

PantsFreeZone posted:

are you a football fan or just mentally ill? it's hard to tell.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

PFZ tell me what you would do to address QB next year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Can I post about the Seahawks in here yet

• Locked thread