Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Lobok posted:

Until today if I had seen this list of titles I would have thought they were videogames that started out on the NES and then made the move to SNES.

"Wild Speed Mega Max" is just so loving great.

It's also appropriate considering the jump between the two films.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

I kind of love how "Wild Speed" seems like a drastically different title at first glance, before you realize that it's pretty much what you would get if you translated the title into Japanese and back to English.

Proposition Joe
Oct 8, 2010

He was a good man

raditts posted:

I kind of love how "Wild Speed" seems like a drastically different title at first glance, before you realize that it's pretty much what you would get if you translated the title into Japanese and back to English.

Literally.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Google translate agrees :monocle:

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

WhyteRyce posted:

Google translate agrees :monocle:
That's because google translate is aware of both titles, so it gives you WILDO SPEEDO spelled out in katakana and not actual Japanese words.

Translating fast and furious to Japanese and back would just get you something like Fast and Intense or Fast and Fierce.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010
Swift and Aggrieved.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

The best part is the sequel is not just 2, but X2

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

I didn't know The Rock and Vin apparently disagreeing on set a lot would have this much of an impact. :v:

Alehkhs
Oct 6, 2010

The Sorrow of Poets
Get ready...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IRf_IbV9cFQ

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Zedd posted:

I didn't know The Rock and Vin apparently disagreeing on set a lot would have this much of an impact. :v:

WrestleMania: Vin and Cena vs The Brock and Rock Connection

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Dom is evil?

whaaaaa.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JwMKRevYa_M

Dexo fucked around with this message at 02:15 on Dec 12, 2016

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
I love these stupid loving movies

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

The tank callback. :woop:

This setup looks like the most stupid contrived schlock so far, day 1. :allears:

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Fair to say not one person guessed that that would be the plot?

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
Fast & Furious: Civil War

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010
Every time I think this series has reached it's peak, I get proved dramatically loving wrong.

This is the greates poo poo.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Echo Chamber posted:

Fast & Furious: Civil War

I think it's

Fast & Furious: Civil War and Batman vs Superman Ain't Got Nothin' On Me

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

This is like a scene from a kung fu movie but with cars.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Holy loving god this franchise is the best.

My mind is blown. That look so awesome.

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich
could this thread have permission to lift the "I liked it. The Rock rules" rule for this movie

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Corek posted:

could this thread have permission to lift the "I liked it. The Rock rules" rule for this movie

Prepare for non-stop The Rock because after Moana and this, we will also have Baywatch and Jumanji.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.

Corek posted:

Forever

That trailer loving RULED

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010
Being the Rock seems loving exhausting.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Tej gets a tank, the bad guys get a submarine.
Tej gets a submarine, the bad guys get a Falcon 9.
Tej gets a Falcon 9, the bad guys take over our moon base's rail gun.
I like where this is going.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
Obviously I would never say anything bad about a Fast & Furious movie that isn't 2Fast 2Furious, but Furious 7 felt a bit odd because the movie was told from Dom's perspective. Granted, they had to do a lot of re-working after Paul Walker crossed the Rainbow Bridge and Protatonist/Audience Surrogate Dom was a hard-to-avoid consequence, but it still made the movie feel a bit...off at times. There's supposed to be some distance between Dom and the audience, that way there's some mystery to him and he's more interesting.

Apparently the geniuses behind these movies realized that and have fixed it in F8. Also very curious to see if Statham ends up joining the Family and how that whole "mudering lots of people in a hospital" thing from F7 gets addressed if so.

Pumped.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Why I am I extremely excited for this franchise, and willing to accept whatever stupid bullshit plot contrivance is necessary to facilitate this plot?

Also; confirmed whatever theoretical Tabletop Roleplaying game powers Fast and the Furious has mook combat rules and bosses that can take multiple actions.

TheScott2K posted:

Apparently the geniuses behind these movies realized that and have fixed it in F8. Also very curious to see if Statham ends up joining the Family and how that whole "mudering lots of people in a hospital" thing from F7 gets addressed if so.

The film will end with him heroically sacrificing himself for family, but the after credits spoiler will reveal he actually lived and becomes a Racer-X style ally in the subsequent film.

Proposition Joe
Oct 8, 2010

He was a good man
In the next one they're going to race a metro train in the subway tunnels and then in the one after that they will fight a battleship piloting its way through the Panama Canal. Then they go to space.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010
I really wanted that absurd Russian hovercraft. This is close enough.

Vintimus Prime
Apr 24, 2008

DERRRRRPPP what are picture threads for????

Dom evil and betraying the family?

Sold.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

Vintimus Prime posted:

Sold.

I was sold on the 'Insane Mad Max Fury Road style chase on ice.'

But yeah, that's good too.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006
That trailer could not have been more amazing, i'm going to watch this movie 100 times

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

This is the greatest "so dumb that it loops back around to being amazing" thing they've ever done, I have no idea how they're going to top--

You guys I loving love these movies so much.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Vintimus Prime posted:

Sold.

Double sold for Statham being a potential permanent member of the crew. Not sure how they'll reconcile that with all the murder, but I'm sure they'll find a way.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

I have no idea what the gently caress has to happen for this trailer to make any sense and that is probably a good thing. The action appears to be even further balls to the walls so like someone else already said I'm prepared to accept just about any and all plot contrivances to entertain me in this franchise.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.
This is the best superhero franchise.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010
These are now the best Avengers movies, Expendables movies and Mission Impossible movies.

Tiger
Oct 18, 2012

And you, who are you? This is what we've got, yes. What are you going to make of it?
Fun Shoe
I've never watched a single F&F movie but I've seen the last few trailers, and drat if this isn't the last straw. I just moved into a new apartment where I'm setting up the main room with three couches and a projector for maximum movie night capacity. What's the viewing order for my Christmas marathon?

Proposition Joe
Oct 8, 2010

He was a good man

raditts posted:

Double sold for Statham being a potential permanent member of the crew. Not sure how they'll reconcile that with all the murder, but I'm sure they'll find a way.

What I'm thinking is that Charlize Theron is definitely evil, but Dom is infiltrating her organization with good intentions. Probably because she is connected somehow to Kurt Russell and his organization, which Dom learned is secretly evil. The gang finds this out in the third act, allowing Kurt Russell to get away with a sequel hook McGuffin and blowing Dom's cover in the process, and they have to scrap together to stop Charlize Theron (and Helen Mirren?)'s immediate evil plans.

The next film is the gang getting back together to take out Kurt Russell and Jason Statham (and like, Arnold Schwarzenegger or something roflmao) by ramping cars off of the Golden Gate Bridge onto an aircraft carrier.

Tiger posted:

I've never watched a single F&F movie but I've seen the last few trailers, and drat if this isn't the last straw. I just moved into a new apartment where I'm setting up the main room with three couches and a projector for maximum movie night capacity. What's the viewing order for my Christmas marathon?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CeeJee
Dec 4, 2001
Oven Wrangler

Snowman_McK posted:

I really wanted that absurd Russian hovercraft. This is close enough.

Final end boss.

That trailer was amazing in every way. It's got all the stuff we know and love and still throws in a bunch of huge twists with Helen Mirren's role still completely unknown.

• Locked thread