Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
http://www.psp-tv.com/r/NiteCrew
This poll is closed.
500562 49.92%
139 0.01%
153 0.02%
500888 49.95%
940 0.09%
Total: 1002682 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Dick Milhous Rock!
Aug 9, 1974

:nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon:

Ron Paul Atreides posted:

So is the FBI just full of Russian Sleepers right now? https://www.washingtonpost.com/worl...m=.634baac8f901

no, the FBI just thinks "Clinton Cash" was real and indictment worthy

basically the FBI is currently crewed by idiots at the management level

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Dick Milhous Rock! posted:

*adjusts glasses slightly* like any government agency it seems

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

The Immortal Science of Sharksism-Fininism

sculpture entitled "politicians discussing how to deal with climate change"

needs more wildfires imo

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Trump is going to appoint alex jones as head of the fbi

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

So they're basically all Skinner?

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

is the executive branch becoming a play?

Ron Paul Atreides
Apr 19, 2012

Uyghurs situation in Xinjiang? Just a police action, do not fret. Not ongoing genocide like in EVIL Canada.

I am definitely not a tankie.

Priebus is Denying the RBC hack now and quoting the FBI on it. The fact that the Reps are turning their back to CIA intel because it shows they are Russian puppets is pretty lol.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
https://twitter.com/trevortimm/status/808034660731142144

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
I'd pick the CIA over the FBI in a fight anyday

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
You deal with criminals? That's cute *destabilizes an entire region*

Segata Sanshiro
Sep 10, 2011

we can live for nothing
baby i don't care

lose me like the ocean
feel the motion

:coolfish:

So is the FBI just full of Russian Sleepers right now? https://www.washingtonpost.com/worl...m=.634baac8f901

This poo poo is still blowing my mind. I laughed along with all the other smug progressives when Palin and Romney were flapping their arms about The Russian Menace in the 08/12 debates

and now we have this Clancy novel poo poo playing out irl where the incoming executives of the world's most powerful government are gonna be honest to god Kremlin toadies?

and the same conservatives who used to be reliable in their hawkishness/mistrust of foreign powers are more or less ok with this because, idk, they have a woody for Vladimir-senpai?

nothing. fuckin. matters

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

turns out there is CIA in us all

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Feranon posted:

This poo poo is still blowing my mind. I laughed along with all the other smug progressives when Palin and Romney were flapping their arms about The Russian Menace in the 08/12 debates

and now we have this Clancy novel poo poo playing out irl where the incoming executives of the world's most powerful government are gonna be honest to god Kremlin toadies?

and the same conservatives who used to be reliable in their hawkishness/mistrust of foreign powers are more or less ok with this because, idk, they have a woody for Vladimir-senpai?

nothing. fuckin. matters

it's almost like people don't actually stick to their ideology and gladly betray it when it benefits them

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

how do we go about setting up some leftist hacking group that isn't a bunch of dumb anarchists or whatever

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
Time for a small CIA-backed coup in Quantico

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

a.lo posted:

turns out there is CIA in us all

*poops out microfilm*

not anymore

Dick Milhous Rock!
Aug 9, 1974

i mean, the FBI couldn't even prosecute the malheur guys effectively, gently caress 'em

Dick Milhous Rock!
Aug 9, 1974

FBI: "the russians didn't hack the RNC"
CIA: "you couldn't even get a conviction on guys who were livestreaming their felonies, get out of the pool you fucks"

Segata Sanshiro
Sep 10, 2011

we can live for nothing
baby i don't care

lose me like the ocean
feel the motion

:coolfish:

the CIA has overthrown plenty of legitimate governments to replace them with right wing authoritarian stooges

overthrowing our right wing authoritarian stooge to replace him with a legitimate government is really the least they could do to make amends.

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

i mean, the FBI couldn't even prosecute the malheur guys effectively, gently caress 'em

quote:

“The FBI briefers think in terms of criminal standards — can we prove this in court,” one of the officials said. “The CIA briefers weigh the preponderance of intelligence and then make judgment calls to help policymakers make informed decisions. High confidence for them means ‘we’re pretty drat sure.’ It doesn’t mean they can prove it in court.”

this is the crux of the split, weird trumpets in the FBI aside

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
the morman deep state

Dick Milhous Rock!
Aug 9, 1974

Karl Sharks posted:

the trumpets in the FBI also thought they had enough to pursue criminal charges against hillary, their judgment is compromised

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Of course, thanks to his narrow victory in 1996 and the need to pull in those American advisors to (totally legitimately *wink*) win, Yeltsin decided he needed a stronger central government and appointed a young administrator from St. Petersburg to be his deputy chief of staff.

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug

Feranon posted:

nothing. fuckin. matters

It turns out that Republicans are a-ok with an expansionist authoritarian Russia as long as the leader stops giving lip service to communism

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Karl Sharks posted:

sculpture entitled "politicians discussing how to deal with climate change"

needs more wildfires imo

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
Egg McMuffin is our only hope at 2016 continues to not end

Dick Milhous Rock!
Aug 9, 1974

HorseRenoir posted:

It turns out that Republicans are a-ok with an expansionist authoritarian Russia as long as the leader stops giving lip service to communism Russia puts them in charge

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

the trumpets in the FBI also thought they had enough to pursue criminal charges against hillary, their judgment is compromised

yeah, that's why i said "trumpets aside" meaning ignore them because obviously they hosed in the head

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
Hello my name is James Comey and this is Jackass

Ron Paul Atreides
Apr 19, 2012

Uyghurs situation in Xinjiang? Just a police action, do not fret. Not ongoing genocide like in EVIL Canada.

Karl Sharks posted:

Which us what's Frustrating because it boils down to the FBI saying 'we can't be sure' not it didn't happen, but that's somehow good enough now??

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

Which us what's Frustrating because it boils down to the FBI saying 'we can't be sure' not it didn't happen, but that's somehow good enough now??

no it's that it happened, but we're not sure what their motive was

quote:

The FBI is not sold on the idea that Russia had a particular aim in its meddling. “There’s no question that [the Russians’] efforts went one way, but it’s not clear that they have a specific goal or mix of related goals,” said one U.S. official.

which is even worse!!!

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

fbi are basically just federal cops with degrees, so considering the attitudes of american law enforcement in general this shouldn't be surprising

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Doesn't the FBI have some of over-credulous agents who can investigate hard-to-prove cases the rest of the bureau won't touch?

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

do the secretaries of the various departments have the ability to hire/fire people?

not actually sure, but i wanna say yes

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

Spoondick posted:

fbi are basically just federal cops with degrees, so considering the attitudes of american law enforcement in general this shouldn't be surprising

lmao saying this would piss off cops and feds

it'd be funny tho

Martout
Aug 8, 2007

None so deprived
I am lolling so hard at this farce

the next 4 years are going to be so stupid and awesome but also terrible because the planet is dying, cloud

Jaminjami
Jan 26, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ron Paul Atreides
Apr 19, 2012

Has the FBI publicly backed Priebus on his statement yet? So far only have his word against the CIA

• Locked thread