Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

MattD1zzl3 posted:

Brah shes not even that hyper-attractive in a fake way. Does seeing any woman thats not a fat trans-woman send you into some kind of rant about the photoshop patriarchy or something?

Shes pretty, her knee is pressing onto her thigh, let it go.

Huh? I know how to use photoshop to edit flaws out of photographs, and once you know the signs you see it everywhere, bad photoshop is just grating is all. It's really not just about the position of her knee, her ankle is also bad. It could have been done because Williams wanted something on the car shopped out and her leg suffered rather than the other way round. I'm not even sure which exact car that is, shouldn't that decal come with visible rear suspension and/or carbon fibre above the barge board?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

:magical:

Nill
Aug 24, 2003

Claire Williams something something barge board.

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

learnincurve posted:

Huh? I know how to use photoshop to edit flaws out of photographs, and once you know the signs you see it everywhere, bad photoshop is just grating is all. It's really not just about the position of her knee, her ankle is also bad. It could have been done because Williams wanted something on the car shopped out and her leg suffered rather than the other way round. I'm not even sure which exact car that is, shouldn't that decal come with visible rear suspension and/or carbon fibre above the barge board?

Never back down, eh?:)

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014

To all those who have complained about the Claire Williams jokes: Better the devil you know.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
I've never been accused of being some sort of feminazi before :( I may be many things but that is not one of them.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Where's that guy who calls us all racists since we seem to be going full on stupid today

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Norns posted:

Where's that guy who calls us all racists since we seem to be going full on stupid today

I can be that guy if you photoshop my posts.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

wicka posted:

I can be that guy if you photoshop my posts.

Your posts do have some "odd bumbs"

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Williams Honda 2018

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

Norns posted:

Your posts do have some "odd bumbs"

:vince:

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014

Thanks Ants posted:

Williams Honda 2018

I'd unironically be for this.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Let them do a retro Canon livery while they are at it.

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

:swoon: I can't get enough of are Dan :swoon:

Norns posted:

I don't see how Bottas is desirable. Has he had any impressive drives. Like at all?

There was that one a few years ago, I forget what he did, but he did it.

BubbaGrace
Jul 14, 2006

HJB posted:

There was that one a few years ago, I forget what he did, but he did it.

All I can remember is he got a podium once, and might have won another race if Williams let him pass old man Massa instead of lolly gagging around before saying he was allowed to. A real driver would have passed Massa anyway, orders or not.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Bottas is one of those drivers that showed up and everyone was like "wow, this guy's pretty quick, he could be good one day" and then he just never got any better.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

wicka posted:

Bottas is one of those drivers that showed up and everyone was like "wow, this guy's pretty quick, he could be good one day" and then he just never got any better.

So a Rosberg in a slower car.

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

RAAAAARGH!!!! GIFT CARDS ARE FUCKING RETARDED!!!!

(I need a hug)
Yeah, a #2 driver.
Thing is williams need him to develop the car as he is a known quantity. They have to start from scratch with another driver as it is.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Fo3 posted:

Yeah, a #2 driver.
Thing is williams need him to develop the car as he is a known quantity. They have to start from scratch with another driver as it is.

And Stroll is probably not good anyway. I think the only way Mercedes gets Bottas is if they replace Bottas with someone more experienced than Wehrlein.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

They could always do something like promote Gary Paffett from the test drivers role. He's got plenty of experience working as McLaren's test driver and then Williams' test driver.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Just put lauda back in the car. put his money where his mouth is. He's so good at pointing out what everyone does wrong, let him show them the right way.

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

(I need a hug)
Isn't a "test driver" more of a ceremonial role these days as bugger all testing allowed? :v:
Mainly though paffett still a gamble on how he would travel through a whole season even if he can run decent lap times to massa or bottas.

Shame that massa retired (never thought I'd say that).
But williams could have got lucky, got rid of bottas and made bank from merc, keeping massa for a year while finding out if stroll sucks or not.

Fo3 fucked around with this message at 23:59 on Dec 11, 2016

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Solid number 2 driver desperate to get back in a F1 car you say?

Roller Coast Guard
Aug 27, 2006

With this magnificent aircraft,
and my magnificent facial hair,
the British Empire will never fall!

Rubens is happy driving iRacing with his kid I think.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'
Wouldn't Honda want to have customer teams? both as a source of income and to put more Kms on that engine.

I don't know why/how McLaren got veto power over that issue since Honda are the ones investing so much money and at least currently getting nothing back but people laughing at them.

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!
Honda B-team you say?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NFLkFdks8Io

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

El Hefe posted:

Wouldn't Honda want to have customer teams? both as a source of income and to put more Kms on that engine.

I don't know why/how McLaren got veto power over that issue since Honda are the ones investing so much money and at least currently getting nothing back but people laughing at them.

Isn't the veto clause technically unenforceable anyway?

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

(I need a hug)
I don't think anyone wants a honda engine at the moment. Especially if you have a merc engine.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Fo3 posted:

I don't think anyone wants a honda engine at the moment. Especially if you have a merc engine.

Red Bull tried to get Honda engines last summer.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

wicka posted:

Red Bull tried to get Honda engines last summer.

Im sure at this point they are happy they stuck with "TAG"

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Norns posted:

Im sure at this point they are happy they stuck with "TAG"

Probably, but nonetheless I think it's reasonable to be optimistic about Honda's future if a team that won four straight titles very recently was willing to put their faith in them.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Honda was basically their only option outside of Renault, who they spent half the year bitching to the press about. I think they liked Honda only to the extent that they needed an engine from someone to put into their race car.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

iospace posted:

Never change, worst thread.

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014

I'm very optimistic about Honda, I'm less so about McLaren itself.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

1500quidporsche posted:

I'm very optimistic about Honda, I'm less so about McLaren itself.

Right when one probably has their poo poo finally together, the other appears to have imploded. :sigh:

I already miss Are Ron

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

GramCracker posted:

Right when one probably has their poo poo finally together, the other appears to have imploded. :sigh:

I already miss Are Ron

...what?

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014

Ron leaving is the faint glimmer of hope.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

learnincurve posted:

:lol:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BubbaGrace
Jul 14, 2006

I think it says somewhere in the rules that Honda has to supply more than one team, problem is nobody wants it or cares.

• Locked thread