Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica

HandlingByJebus posted:

Is that... a truck-shaped void in the snow? :aaa:

A see a 14 Foot Dick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

HandlingByJebus
Jun 21, 2009

All of a sudden, I found myself in love with the world, so there was only one thing I could do:
was ding a ding dang, my dang a long racecar.

It's a love affair. Mainly jebus, and my racecar.

That's a sight for sore eyes. Very nice.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Now do a burnout.

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

I already told Dave I expect to see this thing doing a lap around the property by the end of the night. :colbert:

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica
Sims, you said you ordered innertubes, but what about the tires themselves? Are you just going to eat the cost from the local shop or did you buy that set off ebay?

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

Well the set off ebay got sold out from under me, but there's another place in state that can ship them for about the same cost.

So as soon as I get the green light from Dave they'll be ordered.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

ExplodingSims posted:

Well the set off ebay got sold out from under me, but there's another place in state that can ship them for about the same cost.

So as soon as I get the green light from Dave they'll be ordered.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica
Why aren't you just frabicating a custom pipe from bean cans? Surely you and Danno have amassed enough by now.

19 o'clock
Sep 9, 2004

Excelsior!!!
Thank you to 14, ExplodingSims, and Danno. This thread is amazing. I've been dealing with a mound of crap in my own life right now and this thread continues to be a major motivator and joy to read. Stay warm and keep up the exceptional work!

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all

"What am I looking at h-"

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

This is the stuff I live for.

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

19 o'clock posted:

Thank you to 14, ExplodingSims, and Danno. This thread is amazing. I've been dealing with a mound of crap in my own life right now and this thread continues to be a major motivator and joy to read. Stay warm and keep up the exceptional work!

It's really amazing what just getting away and having something to do does for a person. Even before I left I was in a bit of a funk in general, but once I set out, once I got out there, I felt so much better. Just having something outside of work to focus on I guess.

But I'm glad it's helped you out too.

Broken truck fixes broken people indeed. :)

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
Please tell me you left the third steering box bolt out to gently caress with us :ohdear:

I will turn a blind eye to all manner of horrible poo poo, but suspension, brakes, and steering are always functional even on the shittiest of my hoopties...

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

kastein posted:

Please tell me you left the third steering box bolt out to gently caress with us :ohdear:

I will turn a blind eye to all manner of horrible poo poo, but suspension, brakes, and steering are always functional even on the shittiest of my hoopties...

A bolt doesn't go there. There was a factory optional thread-in PEZ dispenser in that boss that this truck was not originally equipped with.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Finally getting Danno to watch Le Mans for the first time :getin:

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

19 o'clock
Sep 9, 2004

Excelsior!!!
Can we source 500 human skulls to adhere to the outside prior to its leaving for Florida?

The Royal Nonesuch
Nov 1, 2005

Is that motor mount bolt... bent?

Yeah, let's go ahead and make that a rhetorical question.

Fuckin' badass.

19 o'clock posted:

Can we source 500 human skulls to adhere to the outside prior to its leaving for Florida?

By the time this thing gets through Florida we may not have to source any at all. 14" may become the next "Florida Man [insert bizarre situation here]".

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

The Royal Nonesuch posted:

Is that motor mount bolt... bent?

Yeah, let's go ahead and make that a rhetorical question.

NO

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

It's like a stover, except the bolt's deformed instead of the nut

The Royal Nonesuch
Nov 1, 2005

I have seen that method used on Forest Service/BLM metal signage they don't want stolen, so you're ahead of the game.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

It just indicates Sufficient Torque was applied.

JacquelineDempsey
Aug 6, 2008

Women's Circuit Bender Union Local 34

19 o'clock posted:

Doing my best.

JacquelineDempsey fucked around with this message at 08:37 on Dec 12, 2016

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
I mean this in all sincerity, will there be a carbon monoxide danger?

19 o'clock
Sep 9, 2004

Excelsior!!!

:MBison_Yes.mpg:

We need a horribly offensive horn to complete this nightmare. Preferably one that blows alongside geysers of pickled eggs and blood.

19 o'clock fucked around with this message at 09:58 on Dec 12, 2016

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

19 o'clock posted:

:MBison_Yes.mpg:

We need a Federal Q2B siren to complete this nightmare. Preferably one that blows alongside geysers of pickled eggs and blood.
https://www.fedsig.com/product/q-siren

FTFY

Rotten Cookies
Nov 11, 2008

gosh! i like both the islanders and the rangers!!! :^)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/272477000267?lpid=82&chn=ps&ul_noapp=true

Plenty of room in the bed for a compressor.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

CharlesM posted:

As long as they patch up the hole in the firewall he should be fine.

Also was wondering, does it have a functional heater?

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Applebees Appetizer posted:

As long as they patch up the hole in the firewall he should be fine.

Also was wondering, does it have a functional heater?

Look they are going to Florida they don't need a heater.

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this
Does anyone know how to find the horn used in the war rig for Fury Road? That'd be my choice.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Elephanthead posted:

Look they are going to Florida they don't need a heater.

He has to make it there first lol. In the winter it really doesn't start getting all that warm in FL until you're halfway down the state :v:

It's 72 degrees in Tampa Bay right now :smug:

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

It did cross my mind what was going to keep the windscreen defrosted, but at this point it's basically an open station cab and probably wouldn't matter.

um excuse me
Jan 1, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

As Nero Danced posted:

Does anyone know how to find the horn used in the war rig for Fury Road? That'd be my choice.

Serious answer: I think they overlaid two or three truck horn sets at different chords to make a harmonic tone. You effectively need, like, 9 horns to replicate it.

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe
Honestly it sounds to me like a regular-rear end semi air-horn alongside a fog horn.

JacquelineDempsey
Aug 6, 2008

Women's Circuit Bender Union Local 34

um excuse me posted:

Serious answer: I think they overlaid two or three truck horn sets at different chords to make a harmonic tone. You effectively need, like, 9 horns to replicate it.

Who's got $80 to burn?

http://www.boomblasters.com/cinematic-war-horn-sounds-car-horn-p-499.html

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

CharlesM posted:

Nah man standard war protocol drive fast enough it vents and pull over and nap if you get too tired

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari
driving a loud exhaust that drones on will drive you mad. Find a good muffler or you may regret it.

• Locked thread