Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Have a flex spot to fill and I currently have Terrance West in it. Would you prefer any of these guys I can pick up over him? 0 PPR

Garcon @ PHI
Brandon Marshall @ SF
Vereen v DAL
Forsett @ TEN

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Keith Atherton posted:

Have a flex spot to fill and I currently have Terrance West in it. Would you prefer any of these guys I can pick up over him? 0 PPR

Garcon @ PHI
Brandon Marshall @ SF
Vereen v DAL
Forsett @ TEN

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3800875

I would keep Terrance West personally, but pick up Forsett if I have the space.

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3800875

I would keep Terrance West personally, but pick up Forsett if I have the space.

Thanks for the feedback. I guess I'll roll with West unless Reed is ruled out and then pick up Garcon.

Yeah I know there's a weekly sit start thread but my question was about add/drop decisions. Does that sort of question belong there too?

No one remembers to bookmark the sit start thread when there's a new one every week.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
Redskins D/ST worth owning for Week 16 against the Bears?

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

RBX posted:

gently caress Julio has given me so much trouble this year i'd rather have OBJ or Evans.

Evans was picked pretty early in the second round in my league and I tried so hard to peel him off the guy who took him, even offering my first pick (Hopkins). He wouldn't budge.

Felter Chesthard
Sep 11, 2001

Keith Atherton posted:

Thanks for the feedback. I guess I'll roll with West unless Reed is ruled out and then pick up Garcon.

Yeah I know there's a weekly sit start thread but my question was about add/drop decisions. Does that sort of question belong there too?

No one remembers to bookmark the sit start thread when there's a new one every week.

Including their opponents this week makes it a sit/start question.

Miko
May 20, 2001

Where I come from, there's no such thing as kryptonite.
I managed to get some found money in the form of Ajayi, Howard and Tyrell Williams this season.

Unfortunately, not enough to make up for brutal weeks early in the year and I'm on the outside looking in. Has the TE position been especially barren this year, or is it just me?

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Fedorowitcz, Hunter Henry, Vance McDonald, and uhhhh... Bennett has been useful while Gronk's been hurt maybe more than some folks expected, Jack Doyle is surprisingly high in TE ranks.

e. Top 36 TEs in 0.5 PPR (with points for tackles, but I doubt that applies to this list at all), sorted by average points per game:

Leperflesh fucked around with this message at 06:04 on Dec 11, 2016

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
It's snowing like mad at GB.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
How is the wind? Because that's the difference maker. I think historically snow hasn't actually proved to be too much of a detriment to a passing game all things considered because for what the offense loses in visibility, they gain in the advantage of knowing the routes before the defenders and getting that extra step. Not that's it's optimal conditions, but I don't think that snow makes Rodgers and Jordy auto-sits unless they're also dealing with some heavy wind.

Basically tl;dr: if you have them and not a lot going on behind them, I think you have no choice but to plug and pray. If there's like 30 MPH gusts, then I think you could look elsewhere, because that'll drop them into desperation territory and you could find someone on the wire who is in that same category with better conditions

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!

Teemu Pokemon posted:

How is the wind? Because that's the difference maker. I think historically snow hasn't actually proved to be too much of a detriment to a passing game all things considered because for what the offense loses in visibility, they gain in the advantage of knowing the routes before the defenders and getting that extra step. Not that's it's optimal conditions, but I don't think that snow makes Rodgers and Jordy auto-sits unless they're also dealing with some heavy wind.

Basically tl;dr: if you have them and not a lot going on behind them, I think you have no choice but to plug and pray

I have Rivers I could start for Rodgers, but for Jordy replacements, my choices are Corey Coleman, Sterling Shepard, or Cameron Merideth, still plug and play, do you think?

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
I think that considering the matchup and the weather conditions, Coleman and Jordy might be on about equal footing right now assuming that there's also some good winds kicking up in GB

ID129
Jul 9, 2007
Anyone else worried about Julio Jones? He is a game time decision. If he plays he'll mostly be used as a decoy. I've moved him to my flex spot so I can push my decision back a few hours but I am worried. I'm in a Standard league, my other options are Bilal Powell, Kenneth Dixon, Kenny Britt and Mike Wallace. I'm tempted to start Britt or Powell instead of Julio.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Britt is pretty dependable. I'm starting him and benched Julio in a few leagues.

Santheb
Jul 13, 2005

I wish Amari Cooper was more consistent.

Edit: also weather.com says the snow in Green Bay should end around 3 pm. I honestly hope not, opponent has Rodgers and it'd be sweet if he could have a not your regular Rodgers day.

Santheb fucked around with this message at 18:25 on Dec 11, 2016

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah
Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah
Dawww I just noticed today that the GroundControl thread has been stickied.

I didn't catch when that happened but hi-fives all around (especially to all of you who contributed and participated).

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Theo out - gently caress!

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Julio inactive

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
Oh god what is happening to Brees. I need to pick up a possible alt for next week.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
As a Powell and Forte owner I want Forte to decide that he's had just enough of football and take a nice rest for the remainder of the season, allowing Powell to be the undisputed RB1.

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Got the third playoff slot of four.

My opponent who I was tied with started Carr, Baldwin, Crabtree, Hopkins, Forte, and Seattle D.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Such a weird week of QB meltdowns and associated fallout. In the league where I have the #1 seed and a bye, my team would have scored 49 points. In 0.5 PPR. AB84 was the only player to reach double digits, and just barely.

Melvin Gordon possibly being dead is going to be a problem next week :ohdear:

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer
I'd like to thank Amari, Fitzgerald, Ingram, and Fiederowicz for tanking me in the first round. Really appreciated that.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I'm in the playoffs in two different leagues. One league I had Bell and I scored 160 points and crushed my opponent. Amazingly, the other league I am facing Bell and might actually pull out a win. I'm up 12 points with my NE D/ST to go against their Dez.

Yay Fantasy!

Sweeper
Nov 29, 2007
The Joe Buck of Posting
Dinosaur Gum
I need pitta and Blount to score 2 points (thanks falcons D, you're the best)

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Falcons DST got me a playoff slot despite the rest of my team making GBS threads the bed.

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
:lol: Dez

Thank Christ didn't need him to do anything at this point

MalleusDei
Mar 21, 2007

:aaaaa:
1 pt per rushing attempt, 1 pt per 5 rushing yards, 6 pt TDs, 1 PPR, 1 pt per 10 receiving yards. "Bell carried 38 times for 236 yards and three TDs in Sunday's 27-20 win over the Bills. He also caught four passes for 62 yards."

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Docjowles posted:

Such a weird week of QB meltdowns and associated fallout. In the league where I have the #1 seed and a bye, my team would have scored 49 points. In 0.5 PPR. AB84 was the only player to reach double digits, and just barely.

Melvin Gordon possibly being dead is going to be a problem next week :ohdear:

Early reports seemed optimistic so I assume that means his season is over.

poly and open-minded
Nov 22, 2006

In BOD we trust

I woke up this morning to find out that Riddick was out and now I'm up by 17 in 1 ppr with my opponent only having Dion Lewis left. Time to find out if there is a God!

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

To those of you past round 1, Congratulations, take my hand and walk with me towards the superior fantasy player country club. Just remember, one foot in front of the other and second place is first loser.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Early reports seemed optimistic so I assume that means his season is over.

same :rip: See thread title.

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer

Thwomp posted:

I'd like to thank Amari, Fitzgerald, Ingram, and Fiederowicz for tanking me in the first round. Really appreciated that.

And we can throw Dez and Eli on this pile too. I have Gostkowski and the Pats D left to play and my only player to break double digits is Frank Gore.

See thread title.

Edit: and this was on top of Julio scratching this week.

And for reference, I had the first seed. The third and fourth seeds are also going down. Chaos reigns.

Thwomp fucked around with this message at 05:44 on Dec 12, 2016

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
I won my .5 ppr playoff game 68 - 65. Lowest scores all season I think.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Every winning team in most of my leagues lost or had season lows. In the only league i'm undisputed first place I went against Bell. I think out of 7 leagues I made the playoffs in 3. Last three weeks really hosed me.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
Is Farrow an add or a wait and see?

My RB's are Bell, Ware, and Powell. We start 2 and have one flex spot. I could drop Snead or Marvin Jones, they're 5th and 6th WR options atm.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

MacheteZombie posted:

I won my .5 ppr playoff game 68 - 65. Lowest scores all season I think.

Last year I won the first round of playoffs with like 54 points.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Lost Gordon to a hip pointer and Stafford's hand problem is concerning but gently caress it I won the first round

There's nothing I hate more than first round exit.

Anubis
Oct 9, 2003

It's hard to keep sand out of ears this big.
Fun Shoe
Gordon's little mishap cost me my friend league. That's the one I really needed to win the most because I hear the most crap about having never won it. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sweeper
Nov 29, 2007
The Joe Buck of Posting
Dinosaur Gum
All I'm seein are scrubs who don't have the Atlanta D to carry them to victory :smugdog:

• Locked thread