Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Naturally Selected
Nov 28, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Iodised QQ posted:

Look man I'm sorry that your future is in the hands of Bryce Petty and the Hack but please don't take out your frustration on innocent old me and my good and cool team.

Love to see how they stack up against an offense that actually has a receiver that can A. Catch and B. Hold on to the loving ball.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Iodised QQ posted:

Look man I'm sorry that your future is in the hands of Bryce Petty and the Hack but please don't take out your frustration on innocent old me and my good and cool team.

The giants aren't good or cool.

Lasagna Pilot
Feb 6, 2009

No, you're dark-side intergalactic encyclopedia salesmen. Unfortunately, the home office hasn't been quite upfront with you.

Jonathan Fisk posted:

Matt Moore is a better QB than Ryan Tannehill

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002
I had a bad feeling as soon as Garrett called that play for Dak to run it up the middle on 2nd and 10.

Hopefully Dallas can still get the division secured and someone else can knock the Giants out in the wild card round before their playoff bullshit mode takes hold.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Dez Bryant is not a #1 receiver. More like #1.5 at best.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

mcmagic posted:

It'll be okay, little brother

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Naturally Selected posted:

Love to see how they stack up against an offense that actually has a receiver that can A. Catch and B. Hold on to the loving ball.

We know how they stack up against such an offense. Badly.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

mcmagic posted:

I will concede that fact if you concede the Jets will never be relevant ever again. Actually, who cares what you think, the Jets will never be relevant ever again. Well, they will when they sign a 43 year old Tom Brady, but only as a storyline and not actual success. Also, congrats on hiring Greg Schiano.

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.

I was going to say the Lions aren't that good, but poo poo, the whole NFC has massive problems right now, who's to say the mangled corpse of Matthew Stafford can't flump it's way to a 1st seed?

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

Naturally Selected posted:

:salt: :salt: :salt: :salt:

mcmagic posted:

We know how they stack up against such an offense. Badly.

:salt: :salt: :salt: :salt:

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
this giants team is v cool, with the exception of ereck flowers, who is v bad

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

I am a little salty but we all know that giant fans and their wife beater coddling ownership doesn't deserve the luck they have had this season. 9 wins with a +11 dif my rear end.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
lol if you are salty because your team blows rear end

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Giants ownership IS pretty lovely,

but Jerry Jones thought Greg Hardy was a good idea too

sigh

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

gently caress that, give me a 3/4 seed and a WC game against a beatable Bucs(?) team or a rematch against Washington. Winning a playoff game for the first time in 25 years would do way more for the public perception of this team IMO.

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity

corn on the cop posted:

this giants team is v cool, with the exception of ereck flowers, who is v bad

when I hear "HOLDING... OFFENSE" I just go "FLOWERRRRRS" before they call the number and I'm almost always right

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Metapod posted:

lol if you are salty because your team blows rear end

I'm way past getting upset about the Jets this season. Thanks though.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
all sports owners are immoral shitheads, hth

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Haha, I didn't realize my dumb local news still has a "Hit of the Day" on Sundays.

Today it was Sproles getting blown up on the punt. Good job Fox 4.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Grittybeard posted:

Haha, I didn't realize my dumb local news still has a "Hit of the Day" on Sundays.

Today it was Sproles getting blown up on the punt. Good job Fox 4.
"Haha can't wait till he's eating his dinner from a straw now here Don with the weath.......nevermind"

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

corn on the cop posted:

all sports owners are immoral shitheads, hth

Honestly you can probably point to a solid instance for every one of them.

Giants - Josh Brown, Collusion crap
Skins - well, come on
Cowboys - Greg Hardy situation, jerry jones in general
Eagles - ?
Seahawks - Frank Clark
Cardinals - ?
49ers - pretty much anything York has done related to the stadium and to harbaugh
Rams - scamming St. louis and LA
Panthers - Jerry Richardson arguing against the players in the lockout, despite being a player once
Saints - trying to move the team in the wake of Katrina then playing it up as if he didn't
Bucs - drafting rapist Jameis Winston
Falcons - ?
Vikings - swindled minnesota for new stadium
Packers - are packers fans
Lions - ?
Bears - ?
Bengals - Paul Brown is a cheap gently caress
Browns - Haslam is like an actual criminal
Steelers - defending rapist big ben, sending Big Ben out to play when he sucks, also probably behind collusion crap with the Maras
Ravens - Ray Rice situation
Broncos - ?
Chiefs - ?
Chargers - Trying to swindle and screw over San Diego, did screw Eric Weddle
Raiders - trying to move the team, that loving haircut
Dolphins - Ross tried to screw residents of Miami for stadium upgrades
Patriots - Big 'ol cheater defense
Bills - ? New guy hasn't done anything we know of yet
Jets - generally seems more interested in publicity than a good team
Jaguars - built pools instead of a team and gave away home games each season for london
Titans - gently caress you, houston!
Houston - ?
Colts - Drug addict nutcase

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

Don't you mean Mike Brown?

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

Febreeze posted:

Rams - scamming St. louis and LA

Honestly... You could just be specific and say "employing Jeff Fischer".

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Febreeze posted:

Chiefs - ?

The worst thing I remember hearing about Clark Hunt is screwing over team employees--not the players, like people who work in the office--for no real reason during the lockout. I'm probably forgetting something worse than that though.

Also for the Cardinals Bill Bidwill is the original Mike Brown as far as being cheap as hell goes along with relocation over stadium issues and lying to the city he was leaving (he promised St Louis he'd vote for them to get an expansion team, then voted for Jacksonville instead). Their recent success has mostly come when he stopped being as involved with the team.

e: Office, not offense

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 06:51 on Dec 12, 2016

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Febreeze posted:

Honestly you can probably point to a solid instance for every one of them.
Lions - ?

Not selling the team 30 years ago :v: Martha Ford hasn't been terrible I suppose, for a long time she was the one keeping the team from having cheerleaders but I could've sworn I saw some on the sidelines at Thanksgiving.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Iodised QQ posted:

Seattle is probably getting a first round bye and home game in the Divisional Round which will give them a very good chance at making the NFCCG despite being poo poo. Mostly because of their incredible home field advantage and their dogshit division.

Seattle is one lucky rear end franchise I tell you what.

I hate you

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Grittybeard posted:

The worst thing I remember hearing about Clark Hunt is screwing over team employees--not the players, like people who work in the office--for no real reason during the lockout. I'm probably forgetting something worse than that though.

Also for the Cardinals Bill Bidwill is the original Mike Brown as far as being cheap as hell goes along with relocation over stadium issues and lying to the city he was leaving (he promised St Louis he'd vote for them to get an expansion team, then voted for Jacksonville instead). Their recent success has mostly come when he stopped being as involved with the team.

e: Office, not offense
I don't remember anything about screwing over employees during the lock out, but he certainly had his hand in the mess about Scott Pioli firing people because they were old.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

LiquidFriend posted:

I don't remember anything about screwing over employees during the lock out, but he certainly had his hand in the mess about Scott Pioli firing people because they were old.

As I remember they basically laid people off and publicly blamed the players for doing it (while locking the players out, to be clear), which I'd imagine is probably what most teams did. It made minor news at the time. Yeah the Pioli purge might be worse on reflection since there wasn't even a bad excuse for doing that.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Remember all those "Matt Moore is gay" rumors during Hard Knocks? I do.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

― Corey Dostoyevsky
#funwithstats

https://twitter.com/FireChrisChase/status/808101433870585856

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Grittybeard posted:

As I remember they basically laid people off and publicly blamed the players for doing it (while locking the players out, to be clear), which I'd imagine is probably what most teams did. It made minor news at the time. Yeah the Pioli purge might be worse on reflection since there wasn't even a bad excuse for doing that.
Think I remember that now. Think they all got paid in the end but yeah it was a lovely ordeal.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Iodised QQ
Jul 23, 2004

apparently Giants fans are saying that Ereck Flowers was given a 70.9 grade by PFF tonight, which puts him in the "above average" category

Just in case, you know, any of you didn't think PFF was the worst poo poo to ever poo poo yet

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

Counter point. Steelers have had 3 coaches in team history.

Browns have had 3 coaches since 2010*

* - Im guessing because I am lazy but its probably close

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

Iodised QQ posted:

apparently Giants fans are saying that Ereck Flowers was given a 70.9 grade by PFF tonight, which puts him in the "above average" category

Just in case, you know, any of you didn't think PFF was the worst poo poo to ever poo poo yet

It's even funnier because noted PFF owner and shill Cris Collinsworth spent the night rightfully making GBS threads on him

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

― Corey Dostoyevsky

Iodised QQ posted:

they seemed to actually watch games before they went super corporate

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010

corn on the cop posted:

they seemed to actually watch games before they went super corporate

https://www.profootballfocus.com/secret-superstar-chilo-rachal-san-francisco-49ers/

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

UUA CVG 230000 KZID /RM TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE BENGALS DYNASTY

Genocide Tendency posted:

Counter point. Steelers have had 3 coaches in team history.

Browns have had 3 coaches since 2010*

* - Im guessing because I am lazy but its probably close

2016: Hue Jackson
2014-2015: Mike Pettine
2013: Rob Chudzinski*
2011-2012: Pat Shurmur*
2009-2010: Eric Mangini*

The ones with an asterisk were fired after a Week 17 loss to the Steelers. Pettine lost to the Ravens just before getting fired.

Browns play the Steelers, in Pittsburgh, in Week 17 this season. I wonder what will possibly happen afterwards.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

― Corey Dostoyevsky

:lol: never mind

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Good sabermetrics, this

• Locked thread