Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Palpek posted:

Honestly a game where you run a tavern during some very turbulent historical times that you get a glimpse at via visitor interactions would loving own. It would work for the French Revolution but for Nazi Germany as well. There would be the progression of the historical situation changing as well and you could for example save people trying to hide from the oppression or cooperate with the government/mob etc. Running a business during oppressive times - basically a fusion of Recettear and Papers, Please! with your choices making it possible to even get you killed if you don't play things smart.

That sounds like a really interesting story telling device. Particularly if it started as a normal tavern sim and as time went on, the regulars started dropping hints that poo poo was about to go down before you have to deal with things going south.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Palpek posted:

Honestly a game where you run a tavern during some very turbulent historical times that you get a glimpse at via visitor interactions would loving own. It would work for the French Revolution but for Nazi Germany as well. There would be the progression of the historical situation changing as well and you could for example save people trying to hide from the oppression or cooperate with the government/mob etc. Running a business during oppressive times - basically a fusion of Recettear and Papers, Please! with your choices making it possible to even get you killed if you don't play things smart.

This is exactly the game they are making. 100%

That shown footage is from an end game scenario where the tavern owner (player) finally openly supports the revolution and the soldiers are there to search for guillotines in the basement.

Stumpus
Dec 25, 2009
Wow! So when do we learn more about the tavern portion of the game?

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch

Palpek posted:

Probably not as narrative as what you're envisioning but there's a cool little edutainment game called 3rd World Farmer that's about running a family farm in a conflict torn nation.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Sdoots
Nov 3, 2013

I did this and could have stopped it, but nothing in nature ever follows a gaussian curve. Sure, they'll tell you that it does. They say that every five minutes someone dies in a car accident, but how often are there seven hundred and sixty one armless and legless corpses in one hangar?
Other video games have lost meaning. I spend my time in Titanfall 2 spreading the gospel of Thermidor. The masses must know. The guillotines must fall.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender
If I ever sire a child, I am going to name it Guillotine, in honor of Thermidor JRPG.

DropsySufferer
Nov 9, 2008

Impractical practicality
Thermidor is my most anticipated JRPG of 2017! :toot:

OneTwentySix
Nov 5, 2007

fun
FUN
FUN

Aww, I was really hoping this was a lobster thermidor game. Any chance you could add lobsters as bonus weapons or something? Right now, the closest we have to Lobster Themidor: the Game is The Sims, so there's a pretty good niche in the market to fill.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

The White Dragon posted:

SwarTHiness

Anal Width and ciRcumference

They're using the F.A.T.A.L. system but are squeamish about guillotines? :wtf:

Rev. Melchisedech Howler
Sep 5, 2006

You know. Leather.
This is going to be the greatest game since Limbo of The Lost.

vanisher
Jul 12, 2005

Fun Shoe
http://i.imgur.com/YM7MmQv.gifv

koolkal
Oct 21, 2008

this thread maybe doesnt have room for 2 green xbox one avs
Looking good!

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

:yeah:

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender
Mating mode, lol

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011

Preordered.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe

Yep, sizing up well.
Are you guys at smegbox or whatever taking notes?
'cos you are going to be owing Vanisher some francs eventually.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Finally some official art I can get behind

Ayn Marx
Dec 21, 2012

hyperdevbox posted:

If you really want to know:

The past 10 months -
1) Development of concept
2) Development of game thus far (programming, 2D/3D designing, music, SFX etc')

The past 4 months -
3) Social networking, forums, website contents
4) Creating contents for crowdfunding page layout in THREE LANGUAGES (images, text, pitch videos, perks etc')
5) preparing press kits

Future -
5) Run crowdfunding campaign (at least a month)
6) Complete game (10~14 months)

Any further questions?

Casse-toi

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!
Is this thread still filled with annoying retards harassing earnest game developers?

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Zoq-Fot-Pik posted:

Is this thread still filled with annoying retards harassing earnest game developers?

It's been two months and they haven't even given us a date for the crowdfunding. :sigh:

vanisher
Jul 12, 2005

Fun Shoe

Zoq-Fot-Pik posted:

I certainly am not trying to harass anyone
I thought the dev was pretty okay with light jokes from their posting
Just let me know if you'd like to make this a serious thread and I'm happy to jump on board

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender
*mashes the A button*

DropsySufferer
Nov 9, 2008

Impractical practicality
New game updates are looking good! Ready to preorder!

DropsySufferer fucked around with this message at 02:34 on Dec 12, 2016

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Please continue, you're actually posting gameplay screenshots like the thread name set by the devs themselves suggests.

vanisher
Jul 12, 2005

Fun Shoe

Palpek posted:

Please continue, you're actually posting gameplay screenshots like the thread name set by the devs themselves suggests.

Thanks Palpek

Please dev think of these images as less copyright infringement and more like fan-art

e: I could also prepare you a resume and cover letter to become part of the creative process, thx

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Zoq-Fot-Pik posted:

Yes

vanisher
Jul 12, 2005

Fun Shoe
http://i.imgur.com/eaq0hSX.gifv

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

I don't care if you're a star, the moon, or the whole damn sky, you need to come back down to earth and remember where you came from
where do i pledge to make sure this great JRPG gets made?

vanisher
Jul 12, 2005

Fun Shoe

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
question: does force feedback work properly for all controllers in mating mode?

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011

Zoq-Fot-Pik posted:

I think there are only earnest fans here homie, take a chill pill.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Weird, I can't find the pledge button in this post and I want to press it immediately!

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

vanisher posted:

I certainly am not trying to harass anyone
I thought the dev was pretty okay with light jokes from their posting
Just let me know if you'd like to make this a serious thread and I'm happy to jump on board

I like it but can you make the Breed button bigger and pulse faster?

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Golden Goat posted:

I can confirm this happens the more you tap A

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
I'm really just glad that we've got more than just hyperboxdev posting in here now.

It's nice to know that they really care about the fans!

vanisher
Jul 12, 2005

Fun Shoe
Hey all! While my cover letter and resume has received no official response from Hyperdevbox Japan LTD I'd like to think any interview process is only a formality after the popularity of these ideas here.

this is a stickup posted:

question: does force feedback work properly for all controllers in mating mode?

Thanks, force feedback only works while drifting your Guillotine through the narrow streets of early France

Golden Goat posted:

I'll try and improve the breeding experience in future screens thanks for the note

avoraciopoctules
Oct 22, 2012

What is this kid's DEAL?!

Thermidor: J.R.P.G.
Joyful Revolution, Powerful Guillotines

Jedrick
Mar 21, 2010

:420: There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high-powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
Smoke weed every day.
:420:
https://youtu.be/ekoxIb85rww
My sources say this will be the credits/final boss music.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DropsySufferer
Nov 9, 2008

Impractical practicality

vanisher posted:

Hey all! While my cover letter and resume has received no official response from Hyperdevbox Japan LTD I'd like to think any interview process is only a formality after the popularity of these ideas here.

Don't be modest. I'm sure the CEO of Hyperdevbox Japan LTD has already decided to appoint you lead developer! I'm sure that offer letter and congratulatory phone call are coming soon. It's impressive work, you've done more in a few days then the previous lead has managed in ten months.

DropsySufferer fucked around with this message at 04:20 on Dec 13, 2016

• Locked thread