Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues

So I have to know, is this sort of thing where everyone sits in space with their bodies all Stimpired out where they send the player model when you sit in a ship? Or is it something else my tiny non-electrocuted brain can't fathom?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Does anyone have the screenshot of that gh0u1 "The level of disrespect that I receive from you and a select few of the goons is easily grounds for catching a beating" PM? I should have kept a copy and now I can't remember who it was addressed to.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

TheLastRoboKy posted:

So I have to know, is this sort of thing where everyone sits in space with their bodies all Stimpired out where they send the player model when you sit in a ship? Or is it something else my tiny non-electrocuted brain can't fathom?

I think when they create something in cryengine it's at a distant point in the map, so weapons and modules pop in and out when they are created and then get attached to ships (or left in space when it fucks up).

Also when a player enters a seat in a ship there is a camera created for the avatar, the avatar gets dropped and left in the spawn point and the player camera becomes part of the ship (skin). That's why there's a bug when the avatar appears as an extra twisted body in the cockpit when the avatar gets moved to the same location as the camera instead of being correctly left in the spawn point, there's another bug in reverse when the camera gets left with the twisted avatar at the spawn point but you can still control the ship in the distance. There seems to be a link between the camera view and the wrists/ankles of the avatar so that's why they do the weird rotating limbs thing you can see in both bugs while flying the ship.

It's all faked, it's all crap, they can't fix anything meaningful as the flight system is stupid/buggy and releasing Star Marine, if they actually have the guts to do it soon, is going to show that the FPS side is a broken pile of shite too and it should wake more of the dreamers up. But Citizens are really loving dumb so who knows?

AP fucked around with this message at 12:22 on Dec 12, 2016

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues

AP posted:

I think when they create something in cryengine it's at a distant point in the map, so weapons and modules pop in and out when they are created and then get attached to ships (or left in space when it fucks up).

Also when a player enters a seat in a ship there is a camera created for the avatar, the avatar gets dropped and left in the spawn point and the player camera becomes part of the ship (skin). That's why there's a bug when the avatar appears as an extra twisted body in the cockpit when the avatar gets moved to the same location as the camera instead of being correctly left in the spawn point, there's another bug in reverse when the camera gets left with the twisted avatar at the spawn point but you can still control the ship in the distance. There seems to be a link between the camera view and the wrists/ankles of the avatar so that's why they do the weird rotating limbs thing you can see in both bugs while flying the ship.

It's all faked, it's all crap, they can't fix anything meaningful as the flight system is stupid/buggy and releasing Star Marine, if they actually have the guts to do it soon, is going to show that the FPS side is a broken pile of shite too and it should wake more of the dreamers up. But Citizens are really loving dumb so who knows?

I feel like this ride will never end and that's okay with me, it makes for some fun light reading whenever I'm waiting for something to cook or encode or whatnot. I'm less fine with all the people who have been horribly ripped off by this and wish they'd all just somehow get out of these, even the really crazy duders who think I'm a Derek Smart alt account creating posts designed to spread FUD.

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

I knew Chris couldn't help himself when it comes to ripping off film ideas, but the human centipede was an unexpected departure from the sci-fi genre.

BigMouthSingers
Oct 15, 2015

I still subscribe because the puzzlebox tells me to.

Star Citizen.... you're playing right now.
If I was CR I'd be like Charles Townsend, you'd hear my voice on an intercom telling you "more fidelity" while I'm sitting on a boat somewhere breezy and mildly tropical.

iron buns
Jan 12, 2016

MeLKoR posted:

Does anyone have the screenshot of that gh0u1 "The level of disrespect that I receive from you and a select few of the goons is easily grounds for catching a beating" PM? I should have kept a copy and now I can't remember who it was addressed to.

http://i.imgur.com/RIdtgJ8.jpg

Saint Drogo
Dec 26, 2011

what kind of twatnozzle begrudges a happy cat for grasping at string?? :mad:

intardnation
Feb 18, 2016

I'm going to space!

:gary: :yarg:

Raskolnikov posted:

Some trans girls have very cute dicks. :colbert:

I dont judge. I take all the dick I can get.

TheLightPurges
Sep 24, 2016

by exmarx
Thanks to this thread i almost used stimpired as a verb out loud at work to describe a big gently caress up (not mine) to my boss.

Nice piece of fish
Jan 29, 2008

Ultra Carp
If it's not too much trouble, I would love a short synopsis about this development and where it's at today. You see, I have a friend who buys into the hype around this game a lot and keeps sending me these "gameplay" videos, that I'm reading now actually aren't. I haven't followed the development of this game at all, since after DayZ and other vaporwares I don't buy games that aren't finished, but I'd really like to know how this is shaping up and if I should tell my friend to just knock it off.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Nice piece of fish posted:

If it's not too much trouble, I would love a short synopsis about this development and where it's at today. You see, I have a friend who buys into the hype around this game a lot and keeps sending me these "gameplay" videos, that I'm reading now actually aren't. I haven't followed the development of this game at all, since after DayZ and other vaporwares I don't buy games that aren't finished, but I'd really like to know how this is shaping up and if I should tell my friend to just knock it off.

Watch this link.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWq8ynUq7wM

The only thing that changed since last year is that you can now buy clothes in game and you can EVA naked with jets coming out of your nipples and rear end.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UnO1sGjfJ_Q

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

spacetoaster posted:

Sports cars are perks, right?

Lotta bad car info itt. 911s start at around 90k but this is a 50th anniversary edition which starts at 125k. Figure in that Porsche loves high priced options like $8500 ceramic brakes and $1700 custom painted air vents and it's not unusual to see 911s with 30k+ worth of options on them, so that 125k is probably more like 150-160k. It's also possible that dealers were raking people over the coals since it was a special edition and it could be more like 175k-200k. But definitely not 500k.

http://press.porsche.com/news/release.php?id=789

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

CIG should look into licensing this, and making it whale-sized

http://i.imgur.com/n6K5Z9P.mp4

http://www.secondlivestock.com/public/acd.php

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/discolando/status/669988954389647361

It's been over a year since they last let Sandi use the office printer.

TheLightPurges
Sep 24, 2016

by exmarx
This is gonna be a good week.

Holiday Livestream- GODwilling Chris tries to play his own game again, harvesting whale oil with a new concept ship.

2.6 may or may not hit PTU. If it does its gonna be an absolute shitshow as the devs are leaving for 2-3 weeks immediately after.

SQ42 demo that was only "a few days away" likely a no show

Spectrum which was something according to Chris we "could definitely expect before the end of the year" is a complete no show. We might get a cut down alpha web-only version with 2.6 but literally nothing about it has leaked or been mentioned from the evocati.

This year has been an utter disaster for CIG with 0 goals met but they somehow made like 40 mil lol.

TheLightPurges fucked around with this message at 15:04 on Dec 12, 2016

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

TheLightPurges posted:

Holiday Livestream- GODwilling Chris tries to play his own game again, harvesting whale oil with a new concept ship.

2.6 may or may not hit PTU. If it does its gonna be an absolute shitshow as the devs are leaving for 2-3 weeks immediately after.

Some are leaving for longer than 2-3 weeks, too :v:

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

TheLightPurges posted:

SQ42 demo that was only "a few days away" likely a no show

Spectrum which was something according to Chris we "could definitely expect before the end of the year" is a complete no show. We might get a cut down alpha web-only version with 2.6 but literally nothing about it has leaked or been mentioned from the evocati.

Moma will come back being all :smuggo: no matter what happens.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer
https://www.twitch.tv/relay_sc/v/106579662?t=6m40s

INN2 still pissed about not getting paid.

TheLightPurges
Sep 24, 2016

by exmarx

Daztek posted:

Some are leaving for longer than 2-3 weeks, too :v:

Oh yea thats right, any word on who got refactored?

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

AP posted:

https://www.twitch.tv/relay_sc/v/106579662?t=6m40s

INN2 still pissed about not getting paid.

They're being compensated at a level commensurate with what journalists of their caliber could expect.

darkarchon
Feb 2, 2016

My name is a trolling word
So today I slipped on ice on my bike because some dumbass kid didn't look to the right before crossing the street and now I have a bruised elbow, which I still consider better development than everything what CIG has shown this year so far.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/5hwja3/thoughts_on_adding_a_real_world_rating_to_players/

GOONS

Hm... that sounds kind of familiar ...

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

cool new Polack jokes posted:

gently caress you I'm eating :mad:

Must be a Carl's Jr. fan.

ahmini
May 5, 2009

AP posted:

Moma will come back being all :smuggo: no matter what happens.

CRobbler will be absolutely loath to let 2016 expire without SM being released. It doesn't matter how bug-ridden, laggy or even just plain boring it is; he'll try everything to force it out whatever state it's in to save face and rely on the tried and tested "pre-alpha" excuse from his willing acolytes to cover for him. I pity his poor downtrodden developers who are probably screaming at him (in their heads, I doubt dissent is tolerated) that it's not ready but he'll press on regardless. Such is the invincibility and inevitability of his inspiring creative vision.

If SM is not forthcoming in the holiday livestream, then things at CiG must be even worse than I had imagined. For them to fail to release what was obviously a short-term gap filler (simple FPS demo in their FPS engine) to compensate for the horrible slippage in all their meaningful goals (SQ42, actual PU gameplay) is quite unthinkable at this stage.

ripptide
Jul 28, 2016

Unfortunately, if he's already buying into the hype, there won't be much you can do. CIG has done an admirable job of showing the backers how incompetent they are, but the backers still believe the smoke and mirrors. If he's a good friend, you may not want to push it, simply because this crowd are more than willing to turf aside friendships and family for the promise of their life-replacement game.

TheLightPurges
Sep 24, 2016

by exmarx
I'd be sickened and heartbroken if SM doesn't go to PTU for us to laugh at.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

darkarchon posted:

So today I slipped on ice on my bike because some dumbass kid didn't look to the right before crossing the street and now I have a bruised elbow, which I still consider better development than everything what CIG has shown this year so far.

Doesn't count. Wrists not broken. :colbert:

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
Meanwhile not space simulator developer land.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W8IQ1Ik4wVU

These guys seem to be doing everything SC promises, but with trains, not knowing they know absolutely nothing about game development :v:

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

The question is it Anabell or Deloria?

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

They're being compensated at a level commensurate with what journalists of their caliber could expect.

Excuse me but shills are paid pretty well (Derek, the check is late). That these idiots somehow managed the feat of being unpaid shills when there was money being thrown their way is something else.

TheLightPurges
Sep 24, 2016

by exmarx
Speaking of what has Ben done with that 10+k he raised for wing commander garbage months ago?

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
It's not too surprising. Just like croberts is the scummy middle man between nerd money and nerd dreams, their shills have a scummy middle man between them and the cash. It's only natural for star citizens.

TheLightPurges posted:

Speaking of what has Ben done with that 10+k he raised for wing commander garbage months ago?

He's in hospital again I hear. Probably tried eating them to capture the essence better

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Well Ray himself responded to my refund request. Their e-commerce team is reviewing the account and will let me know how much they're going to offer.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

trucutru posted:

Excuse me but shills are paid pretty well (Derek, the check is late). That these idiots somehow managed the feat of being unpaid shills when there was money being thrown their way is something else.

They're not shills, they're clearly journalists. That's why the original site had "news" in the name. I mean sure they couldn't report on anything that would potentially harm CIG, or actually investigate anything after they "editorialize" about how someone's claims are false, but they're definitely not shills.

Nice piece of fish
Jan 29, 2008

Ultra Carp

MeLKoR posted:

Watch this link.

The only thing that changed since last year is that you can now buy clothes in game and you can EVA naked with jets coming out of your nipples and rear end.

AP posted:

video

O-kay. Nice to see my gut feeling validated. Thanks!

ripptide posted:

Unfortunately, if he's already buying into the hype, there won't be much you can do. CIG has done an admirable job of showing the backers how incompetent they are, but the backers still believe the smoke and mirrors. If he's a good friend, you may not want to push it, simply because this crowd are more than willing to turf aside friendships and family for the promise of their life-replacement game.

Nah, he's not that far gone yet, I think. He's just excitable. I won't be backing this regardless, I'm fine with waiting for a finished game and glowing reviews first.

TheLightPurges
Sep 24, 2016

by exmarx

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

They're not shills, they're clearly journalists. That's why the original site had "news" in the name. I mean sure they couldn't report on anything that would potentially harm CIG, or actually investigate anything after they "editorialize" about how someone's claims are false, but they're definitely not shills.

I remember for like citcon or gamecom (cant remember which) they made a big deal about going as ~~~journalists~~~ so that they couldn't be paid by CIG lol. Wonder who fed em that line.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

Nah, he's not that far gone yet, I think. He's just excitable. I won't be backing this regardless, I'm fine with waiting for a finished game and glowing reviews first.

The response to the glowing reviews should be great.

Chairman's Response to The Escapist

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chunjee
Oct 27, 2004

DapperDon posted:

The biggest thing I was wanting to look forward to was to see dozens of Goons in starter ships go after those whales in the super expensive chariots like a pack of hyenas.
This made me think back:

2012 - Even for a kickstarter this sounds ambitious, I'll try it when it's done.
2013 - Holy poo poo they made a lot of money! Why are people discussing mechanics as if they exist already?
2014 - Star Citizen is an MMO now? Maybe it will be like an approachable EVE, could be fun. Elite was alright but why are Star Citizen fans so mad? Can you even fly a spaceship yet? Wtf is this spaceship show? An entire youtube series about one asset seems weird but I guess they have a lot of money.
2015 - CryEngine? Do you have any idea what you are doing? Why focus on art when there are no gameplay elements? :wtc: $100 million dollars! One lovely station and they are focused on adding a cash shop to an unreleased game, Citizens are perfectly fine with this.
2016 - :stonklol:
2017 - "In the last 500 years, the Fourth Stimpire has dominated four systems..."

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Well Ray himself responded to my refund request. Their e-commerce team is reviewing the account and will let me know how much they're going to offer.