Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Saint Drogo
Dec 26, 2011

Let's be clear guys they don't want a safe space for their pay to win mmo

they want a system to shut out/down people who disagree with them in their multiplayer online persistent universe full of king poo poo chariots bought with real world money.

not a safe space. Not pay to win. Not mmo. Namaste.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

XK posted:

No, it was a tiny amount. My friends rolled a blunt with crack in it, smoked it, then took the roach and broke it up into another blunt. Then they smoked that blunt with me without telling me about the crack roach. I spent 15 minutes thinking I was about to die.

You did crack, not coke. what you are describing sounds more like you smoked bath salts though. (Unless the fifteen minutes was just five and you mind made it seem like it was going on forever)

On an unrelated note. Is that actually Sandi in front of Mr big hands? Detracting the attention from her own hands and her sex slave rings.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

AP posted:

https://www.twitch.tv/relay_sc/v/106579662?t=6m40s

INN2 still pissed about not getting paid.

Those Bean Boozled beans are some real Stimpire poo poo imo

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
https://www.twitch.tv/relay_sc/v/106579662?t=14m41s

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

http://www.gamenguide.com/articles/...heft-auto-v.htm

:psyduck: :allears:

Edit:

http://www.gamenguide.com/articles/...e-adventure.htm

im ded

Daztek fucked around with this message at 16:26 on Dec 12, 2016

TheLightPurges
Sep 24, 2016

by exmarx

Wtf. They really need to spend more money for better astroturfed articles. Pretty sure its the same site as last time

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

quote:

The entire game will revolve around Jax McCleary

God if only this were true.

"Hey I know we said Gary Oldman and Mark Hamill but how would you like a game about Uncanny Valley Jeremy Clarkson instead?"

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

AP posted:

I think when they create something in cryengine it's at a distant point in the map, so weapons and modules pop in and out when they are created and then get attached to ships (or left in space when it fucks up).

Also when a player enters a seat in a ship there is a camera created for the avatar, the avatar gets dropped and left in the spawn point and the player camera becomes part of the ship (skin). That's why there's a bug when the avatar appears as an extra twisted body in the cockpit when the avatar gets moved to the same location as the camera instead of being correctly left in the spawn point, there's another bug in reverse when the camera gets left with the twisted avatar at the spawn point but you can still control the ship in the distance. There seems to be a link between the camera view and the wrists/ankles of the avatar so that's why they do the weird rotating limbs thing you can see in both bugs while flying the ship.

It's all faked, it's all crap, they can't fix anything meaningful as the flight system is stupid/buggy and releasing Star Marine, if they actually have the guts to do it soon, is going to show that the FPS side is a broken pile of shite too and it should wake more of the dreamers up. But Citizens are really loving dumb so who knows?

I still don't understand how this is happening. I was playing games on the PS1 where your character could seamlessly get into a vehicle and drive/fly off. Why is it causing so many problems for CIG now?

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice
What do you do with the mad that you feel
When you feel so mad you could bite?
When the whole wide world seems oh, so wrong...
And nothing you do seems very right?

What do you do? Do you punch a bag?
Do you pound some clay or some dough?
Do you round up friends for a game of tag?
Or see how fast you go?

It's great to be able to stop
When you've planned a thing that's wrong,
And be able to do something else instead
And think this song:

I can stop when I want to
Can stop when I wish.
I can stop, stop, stop any time.
And what a good feeling to feel like this
And know that the feeling is really mine.
Know that there's something deep inside
That helps us become what we can.
For a girl can be someday a woman
And a boy can be someday a man.

please remember to call your parents you angry goons

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
Hi, hope you're all enjoying comitting Stalking on people trying to play the videogame. I'd just like to take this opportunity to remind everyone to call or visit their parents wherever possible because they love and care about you. Even moreso because it's nearly christmas, and parent's thoughts are with their families and the possibility of enjoying the festivities together

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Sunswipe posted:

I still don't understand how this is happening. I was playing games on the PS1 where your character could seamlessly get into a vehicle and drive/fly off. Why is it causing so many problems for CIG now?

Other people's solutions are not good enough for CIG.

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
everything revolves around Jax McClearly, a jpg salesman

seems about right actually

Natron
Aug 5, 2004

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Well Ray himself responded to my refund request. Their e-commerce team is reviewing the account and will let me know how much they're going to offer.

Did you suggest, "loving all of it"?

ripptide
Jul 28, 2016

I.N.R.I posted:

Hi, hope you're all enjoying comitting Stalking on people trying to play the videogame. I'd just like to take this opportunity to remind everyone to call or visit their parents wherever possible because they love and care about you. Even moreso because it's nearly christmas, and parent's thoughts are with their families and the possibility of enjoying the festivities together

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

Sunswipe posted:

I think it's because Chris Roberts has been out of the game industry for so long he hasn't got a loving clue and won't admit it to anyone. That's why all the experienced staff have left or are leaving, the ones that remain are at least collecting a monthly wage which is at least a plus over working for Crytek.

aleksendr
May 14, 2014

Truga posted:

Meanwhile not space simulator developer land.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W8IQ1Ik4wVU

These guys seem to be doing everything SC promises, but with trains, not knowing they know absolutely nothing about game development :v:

I have a train license for engines under 50 tons (Used to work at a chemical factory with its own little railyard) and this things look good enough to be used as a cheap form of early training. Just having people know where everything is before they step up the real train would save lots of time. Hope it turn out to be a good game when it release.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

aleksendr posted:

I have a train license for engines under 50 tons (Used to work at a chemical factory with its own little railyard) and this things look good enough to be used as a cheap form of early training. Just having people know where everything is before they step up the real train would save lots of time. Hope it turn out to be a good game when it release.

They could do the same with star citizen to help people press <<USE>> and continue

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

I'm in the process of preparing my complaints to the various consumer agencies in case CIG decides to offer a refund of less than what I am owed. Fortunately I have an... extensive amount of information to work with. Putting it all together will likely take some time but I anticipate the various agencies will enjoy reading. So far I have to cover...

1. CIG transitioning from saying that additional funds will deliver more content on time to justifying delays as part of the increasing scope.
2. The misrepresentation of delivery schedules, including maintaining a website with a release date that was known to be false.
3. Denying a customer access to paid features on content based on activity that occurred outside of CIG sites, admitting that the content was denied by reimbursing the customer, and then lying to the press about it.
4. Harvesting external information on customers (such as online identities outside of CIG sites) and maintaining that information as part of a customer support database.
5. Predatory marketing schemes in which high pressure tactics are used to encourage sales through statements of limited availability that later turn out to be false.
6. Selling "credit" for ships and then denying customers the ability to use that credit on certain packages to entice more sales.
7. Offering assets for sale that will not be delivered as part of commercial release while requiring customers sign a TOS that denies refunds once the game was commercially released.

It will take me awhile to put it all together, but I'm sure there will be at least a few investigatory agencies who will appreciate having this information wrapped up in time for Christmas.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Natron posted:

Did you suggest, "loving all of it"?

I told him that if I did not receive an amount equal to the total value of all the assets in my account (which is less than the total spent) that I would be pursuing every avenue available to me.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Hooray! That terrible photoshop I made sometime last year finally has a use!

Time is a cube!

Natron
Aug 5, 2004

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I told him that if I did not receive an amount equal to the total value of all the assets in my account (which is less than the total spent) that I would be pursuing every avenue available to me.

Good. It's loving ridiculous that there's even a question that they'll give you back what you're owed. It's like reverse negotiation.

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

It will take me awhile to put it all together, but I'm sure there will be at least a few investigatory agencies who will appreciate having this information wrapped up in time for Christmas.

I'm PM'ing you the document I used to negotiate a successful chargeback, it might have some useful documentation.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

ripptide posted:

epicmeme.jpg

:henget:

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

AP posted:

They need to join a Union, why not give the Technological Shills of the Verse a try?

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

I.N.R.I posted:

My parents are jews, I'm divided between calling them for Hanukkah and denouncing their insidious international jew schemes. What do you advise?

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Sarsapariller posted:

I'm PM'ing you the document I used to negotiate a successful chargeback, it might have some useful documentation.

Thank you for that.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

TheLightPurges posted:

Speaking of what has Ben done with that 10+k he raised for wing commander garbage months ago?

https://i.imgur.com/RkwACvF.mp4

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

I'm just exploding with mackerel. This is the aji wo kutta of my discontent.
Pillbug
just because of inri's efforts, I'm heading south to spend the holiday with my paternal fam. fortunately they don't do conspiracy theories

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Sarsapariller posted:

They were refusing to refund a pretty penny, right? Good to know they eventually caved in.

moveable shape
Oct 18, 2015

jfc

intardnation
Feb 18, 2016

I'm going to space!

:gary: :yarg:

AP posted:

we stream once a week that is our job.

ok then you are getting paid what you are worth and what your viewers think you are worth.

moveable shape
Oct 18, 2015
No words

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

Crazy_BlackParrot posted:

btw, any word on whats happening with A list actors?
I mean, it has been very quiet around their involvement. Are they still even in SQ42 ?

Other than whatever voice work they've done, nothing what they were paid to do will be in the moviegame.

It still cost the same though. :)

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

Dementropy posted:

I think we can safely say there are more "MLM elements" to Star Citizen than there are "gameplay elements."

SC is the world's first MLMMMORPG

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

Lord Kinbote posted:

That's because Conquests by this Stimpire end in the planet being razed, and all the citizens being executed in the same way as their citizens are. The planet is then destroyed and all remnants of it are removed, and any memories of it will be erased instantly from civil minds. People who are also killed are also erased from memories, and all memories of them, including toys and pictures, are destroyed.

Not the toys and pictures too!

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

MeLKoR posted:

Does anyone have the screenshot of that gh0u1 "The level of disrespect that I receive from you and a select few of the goons is easily grounds for catching a beating" PM? I should have kept a copy and now I can't remember who it was addressed to.

That would be me he was addressing. Along with the bloody nose he was going to give me as he spit in my face. Ahhhh....Good times.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

DapperDon posted:

That would be me he was addressing. Along with the bloody nose he was going to give me as he spit in my face. Ahhhh....Good times.

He refused ever having said it. :laffo:

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

MeLKoR posted:

They were refusing to refund a pretty penny, right? Good to know they eventually caved in.

They actually played a weird shell game with me where I had to make a chargeback request and have it approved by the bank, with CIG claiming that this was actually a fraudulent act. After the bank disagreed, they caved and tried to give me back the cash portion of the purchase, but keep the "Store credit" portion that had come from previously purchased/melted ships. As though that wasn't also part of the refund request.

Ayn Marx
Dec 21, 2012

I.N.R.I posted:

Hi, hope you're all enjoying screaming at the computer game. This post is just a quick reminder for people to call or visit their parents wherever possible because they love and care about you

Thanks for the reminder, I almost forgot because of all my screaming at the computer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chunjee
Oct 27, 2004

quote:

"Now you have a million game designers, a million arm chair developers, a million CEOs [telling us what to do]," Roberts explained.

If it were up to me and I actually wanted to deliver a game: fire all but the absolute essential artists down to a team of 2-8 max, and focus on finding or making something that demonstrates an ability to support at least 100 players reliably in a single star system, scrapping StarEngine entirely if necessary. Alternatively, let go of all artists and just use programmer art till game systems work together in a proven manner, and then worry about fidelity.

As far as I can tell; as long as CryEngine/StarEngine is in play, nothing resembling the original promise can be delivered. It seems wholly unsuited for anything beyond a single player fps or 16-32 player multiplayer (1 zone).
Counter argument: list of games that use a version of CryEngine includes at least one MMO.

Speaking out of my rear end as I don't have standing in gamedev specifically; can someone with real-world experience explain how they might go about salvaging this? Assuming that is even possible.