Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
http://www.psp-tv.com/r/NiteCrew
This poll is closed.
500562 49.92%
139 0.01%
153 0.02%
500888 49.95%
940 0.09%
Total: 1002682 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Fiction
Apr 28, 2011
Lol that clintonite ship-fleers think the office of the President will ever have legitimacy again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

♬ I Know You're Dying Trying To Figure Me Out♬

♬My Name's On The Tip Of Your Tongue Keep Running Your Mouth♬

♬You Want The Recipe But Can't Handle My Sound My Sound My Sound♬

♬No Matter What You Do Im Gonna Get It Without Ya♬

♬ I Know You Ain't Used To A Female Alpha♬

Fidel Castronaut posted:

is there any data to back up trump being super duper important to the base? i think there was a lot of wincing and voting along party lines on both sides this election. i don't get the impression that there are that many zealots who would protest if the republican president was replaced with a republican president.

the 2016 republican primary

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Covok posted:

Who cares? Faithless electors won't change the election. It surprised me how much believe that it will.

People actually have faith that our system which is ostensibly set up to avert a crisis such as the Trump presidency will work as designed.

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!
Haha

https://twitter.com/BraddJaffy/status/808326509974982658

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

zen death robot posted:

Is there any evidence that Trumps hardcore base actually matters long term? They can't be pandered to by the GOP forever.
I think they matter a lot to the GOP. The Democrats don't have to appeal to them at all - and couldn't anyway - but there's enough of them in the GOP winning coalition that they need to keep them voting. Losing the Trump base would depress R turnout enough to hurt them in midterms, etc.

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Lol

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib

Trash Trick posted:

If the GOP impeached Trump he would stir up such a colossal shitstorm that....well, I don't even loving know what would happen.

they know impeaching trump means they lose the house and senate in 2018, no way they do it, theyd probably even lose a good chunk of state legislatures

Gravy Jones
Sep 13, 2003

I am not on your side

SpaceGoku posted:

lmao

check out jason miller's twitter profile pic if you haven't

jesus, dude, you work for the future president, get a headshot taken

Should also buy a suit that doesn't make him look like he's walked off the set of a Talking Heads video

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Covok posted:

Who cares? Faithless electors won't change the election. It surprised me how much believe that it will.

Like, there's probably a better chance of this happening than there ever has been, but it's still lottery jackpot odds at best.

Also I tuned out of that massive post (and avoided the Twitter thread when I saw it earlier) the instant I saw the words 'game theory'. This has been a longstanding rule for me and it has yet to steer me wrong.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

pathetic little tramp posted:

they know impeaching trump means they lose the house and senate in 2018, no way they do it, theyd probably even lose a good chunk of state legislatures
also not getting what they really wanted in the first place

anyone having second thoughts are just having a temporary crisis of conscience that'll fade soon

Olga Gurlukovich
Nov 13, 2016

boomshakalaka

Vladimir Putin
Mar 17, 2007

by R. Guyovich

zen death robot posted:

I mean hell I wasn't super jazzed about Clinton I was just voting against Trump. A lot of voters this cycle (the majority) weren't really happy with either candidate which is reflected in Trumps current approval ratings

I honestly wish that dems who hated a Clinton would have just voted for her so we could have avoided the current poo poo show.

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

"the good news is all these people will die off when <trump cuts social security | obamacare goes away | jobs disappear and they starve>" says increasingly detached neoliberal as the missiles bring nuclear hellfire

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

this is my favorite fact-check

it's important to stay reality-based in these times of fake news

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Trash Trick posted:

People actually have faith that our system which is ostensibly set up to avert a crisis such as the Trump presidency will work as designed.

America doesn't work, pal. The government is crap and doesn't work. They won't save us, they'll burn us and gently caress off to some place better.

All we can do is organized large scale protests and hope that, if those fails, death comes quick.

Beef-Stew
Feb 1, 2005
mmmmmmm... Beefy

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

"removing the door and replacing it" would cost money and their stocks wouldn't be as high if they did that

Yeah I mean I think that's probably what they will do, or paint over it? Still a pretty lovely thing to read first thing this AM in our daily recap.

No nefarious staff motive for just hanging a sign btw. Theaters are generally nonprofits and it was Sunday so no real maintenance staff on site, just house managers, performers, and technicians working on the show.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
trump. tweets. change. the loving world. awoooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

Houston, we're Havana problem.

mannerup posted:

the 2016 republican primary

you can't really map primaries onto the general public. trump got himself a cult of personality and got them to vote for him while the regulars split the remaining vote five or more ways between them. i just think this forum has a tendency to go all the way over to one position. at one time it was "hillary cannot lose" and now it is "nothing matters at all and trump will suspend elections and be king until ivanka takes over for him and the congress will let it all happen and the media will praise him."

there's sometimes a lack of nuance around these parts. republican senators are already turning on him. there is no way republican congresspeople are sitting around going "yeah, a war with china is okay i guess. whatever he wants to do, you know?" this is not good for them.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

zen death robot posted:

I mean hell I wasn't super jazzed about Clinton I was just voting against Trump. A lot of voters this cycle (the majority) weren't really happy with either candidate which is reflected in Trumps current approval ratings

yeah but without the hardcore trumpers, the repubs end up like 2016 dems without the sanderistas (or whoever didnt vote)

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

also not getting what they really wanted in the first place

anyone having second thoughts are just having a temporary crisis of conscience that'll fade soon

well that i think is the only good part, trump may actually veto the destruction of social security act, pence would pass it with gusto, same for the end medicare act

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
As crazy as his twitter rant was, it owns that this random management consultant got high and drunk and retweeted by half of media twitter.

https://twitter.com/ericgarland/status/808078338115899393

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

pathetic little tramp posted:

well that i think is the only good part, trump may actually veto the destruction of social security act, pence would pass it with gusto, same for the end medicare act
lottery odds on trump actually doing that instead of just signing it off while smelling his own fart gas tho

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
By the end of Trump's presidency, he will have wiped the rear end with the rear end with the constitution and the American working class. There is no hope for them or any of us. Our only hope is for a swift death.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

lottery odds on trump actually doing that instead of just signing it off while smelling his own fart gas tho

He'll sign it and then claim credit for "saving" social security and insist that basic mathematics is a liar.

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

Baloogan posted:

trump. tweets. change. the loving world. awoooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

this just means hes trying to buy into the mic buy getting a majority share of lockheed now that theyre a junk stock

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

mrbradlymrmartin posted:

this just means hes trying to buy into the mic buy getting a majority share of lockheed now that theyre a junk stock
i welcome the coming war. i look forward to it. i crave it. i need it.

kibaces
Jul 11, 2016

Prav posted:

this is my favorite fact-check

it's important to stay reality-based in these times of fake news

Someone just leave the NOPE and make it bigger or smthn

comingafteryouall
Aug 2, 2011

SpaceGoku posted:

"the good news is all these people will die off when <trump cuts social security | obamacare goes away | jobs disappear and they starve>" says increasingly detached neoliberal as the missiles bring nuclear hellfire

u r dumb

comingafteryouall
Aug 2, 2011

Covok posted:

By the end of Trump's presidency, he will have wiped the rear end with the rear end with the constitution and the American working class. There is no hope for them or any of us. Our only hope is for a swift death.

rear end to rear end?

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

Covok posted:

lol

You think it'll be swift

just lol

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
what is even the point of finishing grad school at this rate

nothing matters

im get wasted

comingafteryouall
Aug 2, 2011

Nietzschean posted:

what is even the point of finishing grad school at this rate

nothing matters

im get wasted

what are you going to school for? if you're doing humanities just memorize parts of classic stories and enjoy your life as a bard in a nuclear blasted wasteland.

If you're doing science just learn how to build explosives or make meth.

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

♬ I Know You're Dying Trying To Figure Me Out♬

♬My Name's On The Tip Of Your Tongue Keep Running Your Mouth♬

♬You Want The Recipe But Can't Handle My Sound My Sound My Sound♬

♬No Matter What You Do Im Gonna Get It Without Ya♬

♬ I Know You Ain't Used To A Female Alpha♬

Fidel Castronaut posted:

you can't really map primaries onto the general public. trump got himself a cult of personality and got them to vote for him while the regulars split the remaining vote five or more ways between them. i just think this forum has a tendency to go all the way over to one position. at one time it was "hillary cannot lose" and now it is "nothing matters at all and trump will suspend elections and be king until ivanka takes over for him and the congress will let it all happen and the media will praise him."

there's sometimes a lack of nuance around these parts. republican senators are already turning on him. there is no way republican congresspeople are sitting around going "yeah, a war with china is okay i guess. whatever he wants to do, you know?" this is not good for them.

never said any of that dumb hyperbole

devoted trump supporters make up enough of the republican base where an impeachment would have significant consequences for the party at-large in future elections by voting together with democrats to remove trump from office, you aren't going to be able to spin that as anything short of a massive betrayal to those supporters

people here don't want trump in office and are massively inflating the chances of a successful impeachment preceding which is unprecedented

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit

Vladimir Putin posted:

I honestly wish that dems who hated a Clinton would have just voted for her so we could have avoided the current poo poo show.

A lot of us did.

Also lmao he's still tweeting.

Covok
May 27, 2013

mannerup posted:

never said any of that dumb hyperbole

devoted trump supporters make up enough of the republican base where an impeachment would have significant consequences for the party at-large in future elections by voting together with democrats to remove trump from office, you aren't going to be able to spin that as anything short of a massive betrayal to those supporters

people here don't want trump in office and are massively inflating the chances of a successful impeachment preceding which is unprecedented

He is right

The recounts were false hope.

The electorals are false hopes.

Impeachment is a false hope.

The only hope is that, when Trump kills us all, he does it quickly.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

that, too, is a false hope

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
i want trump in office. i want that hole u feel in the pit of your stomach to suddently be filled with burning embers when the 45th president of theses fuckin united states of amerikkka is sworn in and no longer is the president 'usurpin' every day he isn't playing golf' obama

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

"okay guys it's time for some game theory"

/posts 400 tweets and zero game theory

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Trump funds permanent crippling pain drug program

Æëđ båłł§

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baloogan