Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MCPeePants
Feb 25, 2013

berenzen posted:

I can't wait to leela patel bounce a 9-advanced card to hand just to laugh at people's hubris.

Yeah, much better to have the tokens spread across many sources. Especially talking about ICE with destruction so available.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

berenzen posted:

I can't wait to leela patel bounce a 9-advanced card to hand just to laugh at people's hubris.

RPC, if I read it correctly, moves all advancement tokens onto the one card. So you can spread out the 9 advancements onto, say, 3 different space ice, or 3 copies of Masolaus, or whatever.

A still-janky but less wombo-combo use might be to play in Blue Sun, advance space ice to rez for a discount/free, FA a 5/3 or something with RPC, then bounce the now-unadvanced space ice for full value.

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Space Camp will be the secret training ground of the crack mercenaries Weyland will send to take over the government.

vandalism
Aug 4, 2003
These sweet-rear end Lego ID cards make me want to dig through my old Lego and have a go at making a sweet Netrunner diorama.

https://forum.stimhack.com/t/custom-alt-arts-for-sale/7080

Hannibal Rex
Feb 13, 2010
Bad templating aside, Adjusted Matrix looks like a card designed for Endless Hunger + E3.

Zephro
Nov 23, 2000

I suppose I could part with one and still be feared...
RPC feels like it's meant to be a support card for Builder of Nations, since it makes your ice-advancing less of a waste of clicks and money, and BoN wants advancement counters lying around everywhere anyway.

I dunno though. It still seems like a slow, awkward way to FA.

Lichtenstein
May 31, 2012

It'll make sense, eventually.
The only way to salvage BoN is to let it die in rotation and print a new ID that, on the beginning of a turn, saves you a click, rather than a cred, when advancing.

[edit] I meant because we built it, I don't even remember how this poo poo card was called.

Zephro
Nov 23, 2000

I suppose I could part with one and still be feared...
Yeah BON is the one that does meat damage when you encounter advanced ICE. It's still bad, especially with the 12 inf, but it might become sorta playable if they print a bunch of support cards for it.

I guess Couriers would let you score a Cleaners much more easily. BoN becomes pretty taxing if you can manage that.

edit: actually on reflection I guess it doesn't make that much difference, since you need a Biotic in hand for the extra click. So you need three cards, 9 credits and a bunch of advanced ICE to make the combo work, and running even 2 Biotics takes up 2/3rds of your influence, so nope, I guess BoN still sucks.

Zephro fucked around with this message at 13:34 on Dec 9, 2016

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
I want Fast Advance Jemison Weyland to be a thing badly. Alternately, I've begun looking at janky Tennin builds again.

Has there been any word on when Terminal Directive is dropping? I'm thinking I might wait until that releases to do a big catch-up order.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Anson Rose might have a place in a dumb RPC combo by generating free advancement counters.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

NEW ANGELES REVIEW!

It's not Battlestar Galactica, not even close. It's very, very different. Yes, there is a traitor role, but it's not so much antagonistic as it is competitive. The asset cards are wildly swingy in power, everything from "draw twice as many cards as everyone else" to "once in a blue moon gain 1 capital"

You need to be aggressive in your negotiations to achieve your goals, but this leads to bogged-down yelling matches. Why this game didn't ship with a three-minute sand timer for the support round I'll never know, but I liberated one from another game and I have to believe it will be radically improved by it next playthrough.

There is some wonkiness with the rules, as the "End of Turn" step literally happens in the middle of the turn, and then more stuff keeps happening.

One of the players picking GlobalSec makes the game trivial in the beginning, as their super-power card just mutilates the board's ability to do bad stuff to the city, and if you're the traitor and someone else is GlobalSec I don't think you can win.

The minis are all orange, despite having 3 VERY different effects, and I need to paint them immediately (or at least prime and wash them into the three colors) to help them stand out. The art is all stolen from existing cards.

Jackson Howard is a loving pissbaby terrible card, and that makes me sad, I was so excited when he popped up.

Weyland Consortium is very true to NetRunner, since they theoretically are strong but actually suck a whole bunch and other ID's are actually better at doing what Weyland wants to do.

Anyway, that's my story.

Shrecknet fucked around with this message at 18:14 on Dec 9, 2016

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Dr. Angela Ziegler posted:

NEW ANGELES REVIEW!

I'd be willing to give this game a shot if someone else bought it, but it doesn't sound super appealing.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

CirclMastr posted:

I'd be willing to give this game a shot if someone else bought it, but it doesn't sound super appealing.

It's a really good and fun game. It does a good job of not having downtime when you're not the "active player." I think it's a worthy successor to Dead of Winter, just not a better game than BSG at ramping up paranoia.

We also probably made a thousand misplays (I still don't quite understand how turns/rounds/event card flips work) but it definitely was fun and NetRunner as heck with literally 7 different things that could be going wrong at each of 10 different locations.

ZorajitZorajit
Sep 15, 2013

No static at all...
I'm very much of the opinion that I want to play it, but I don't want to buy it right now. Can you elaborate on the BSG-esque aesthetic? I love BSG (the whole franchise really, I have a Battlestar Pegasus patch and Captain's rank pips somewhere in my costuming kit); but I found Dead of Winter to be an inconsistent mess.

Also, I drafted a pair of duel decks that I'd like some feedback on. The goal here is to be flavorful -- this is the story of Kit trying to liberate virtual consciousnesses from HB while they build upon them, and approachable for new players -- trying to keep most of the cards mostly in-faction. Have a look at let me know what changes I could make.

AoT Duel Deck
Kit Duel Deck

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Dr. Angela Ziegler posted:

The art is all stolen from existing cards.

Fantasy Flight does this a bunch and I hate it.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

ZorajitZorajit posted:

I'm very much of the opinion that I want to play it, but I don't want to buy it right now. Can you elaborate on the BSG-esque aesthetic? I love BSG (the whole franchise really, I have a Battlestar Pegasus patch and Captain's rank pips somewhere in my costuming kit); but I found Dead of Winter to be an inconsistent mess.

Also, I drafted a pair of duel decks that I'd like some feedback on. The goal here is to be flavorful -- this is the story of Kit trying to liberate virtual consciousnesses from HB while they build upon them, and approachable for new players -- trying to keep most of the cards mostly in-faction. Have a look at let me know what changes I could make.

AoT Duel Deck
Kit Duel Deck

I like the idea of having the Bioroids all be unique, but even with AoT's ability, that deck is going to be struggling really hard with how expensive most of its ice is. Only half of its ICE can be somewhat reasonably rezzed 1st turn (okay, Ravana, but it doesn't *do* anything on its own), not all of which ETRs. This makes it really difficult for AoT to get any kind of early econ going, because it just can't protect its Campaigns, and its operation econ is just Hedge Funds and two Blue Level Clearances (especially if it has to compete with Magnum Opus). I think it's going to get out-Econed by Kit basically all the time, and it kind of has to hope that it can bluff Kit into running a big server with Cerebral Overwriter multiple times, because otherwise it's just really iffy.

ZorajitZorajit
Sep 15, 2013

No static at all...

The Lord of Hats posted:

I like the idea of having the Bioroids all be unique, but even with AoT's ability, that deck is going to be struggling really hard with how expensive most of its ice is. Only half of its ICE can be somewhat reasonably rezzed 1st turn (okay, Ravana, but it doesn't *do* anything on its own), not all of which ETRs. This makes it really difficult for AoT to get any kind of early econ going, because it just can't protect its Campaigns, and its operation econ is just Hedge Funds and two Blue Level Clearances (especially if it has to compete with Magnum Opus). I think it's going to get out-Econed by Kit basically all the time, and it kind of has to hope that it can bluff Kit into running a big server with Cerebral Overwriter multiple times, because otherwise it's just really iffy.

I agree, the economy for the corp side is shaky at best. I think the thematic element of keeping the bioroids 1-off is important enough to retain, though I'm open to not going basically 100% bioroid. Ash was excluded because I find the card inexorably complex for new players, but could be given a spot. One option would be to drop Sub Boost and ELP for another BLC and Launch Campaign for more hard currency. (As an aside, Museum is included for non-Jackson flood protection, not to abuse; and Brain-Taping Warehouse seemed too thematically relevant not to give a pseudo-econ spot.) On the runner side, swapping Magnum for Armitage maybe to level things out?

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

I would replace Sub Boost with Peak efficiency for hard money.

Hannibal Rex
Feb 13, 2010
Switch the Project Wotans for PriReqs. It's not exactly an economic boost you can count on, but there's enough big ice in the deck for PriReq to be useful if you manage to score it.

Edit: On the runner side, the MU situation looks iffy; you're running Paintbrush and Magnum Opus, and you only have the three Omni-drives, which don't give you real MU; if you want to use MO or Paintbrush, you have to install the Omni-drives before your breakers, or waste Scavenge to reinstall on top of them, which runs counter to Kit's early aggro game plan. Consider Leprechauns or plain old MemChips. Also, I don't think you want both ProCo and Magnum, but if you do play ProCo, you generally want all three of them, to find them early reliably.

Hannibal Rex fucked around with this message at 21:42 on Dec 9, 2016

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

Are store championships considered premier events for the 11-day after release restriction on cards? I would like to use some Martial Law cards on the 17th but I cant find where it defines what tier a store championship is.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Machai posted:

Are store championships considered premier events for the 11-day after release restriction on cards? I would like to use some Martial Law cards on the 17th but I cant find where it defines what tier a store championship is.

Generally no but I'd ask the tournament organizer if you can, just to be sure.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

I am apparently insane and trying to make paintbrush/surfer Kit work again. This is the latest version of what I've been working on. I really want to have one more FAO, just in case they wise up and refuse to rez the outside ICE, but literally the only thing I can cut is the Employee Strikes, and those are crucial for the RP matchups. Feedback appreciated!

Baron Fuzzlewhack
Sep 22, 2010

ALIVE ENOUGH TO DIE
You have a lot of silver bullets in your deck. I would get rid of all of the damage prevention and sub in Same Old Things (useful for more FAO and your other events) and a Levy AR instead, for a start.

I've been running a similar deck with moderate success. It's at least fun if nothing else!

https://netrunnerdb.com/en/deck/view/823669

https://netrunnerdb.com/en/decklist/39511/surfing-kit

Baron Fuzzlewhack fucked around with this message at 00:01 on Dec 12, 2016

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Baron Fuzzlewhack posted:

You have a lot of silver bullets in your deck. I would get rid of all of the damage prevention and sub in Same Old Things (useful for more FAO and your other events) and a Levy AR instead, for a start.

I've been running a similar deck with moderate success. It's at least fun if nothing else!

https://netrunnerdb.com/en/deck/view/823669

Your link doesn't seem to work. The plascretes are in there for the inevitable boom matchups, since otherwise I'm just completely dead. Two SoTs and a Levy would be nice though. Hmm.

e: Swapped out the feedback and plascretes for SoTs and a levy. Recurring the FAO will be nice, and Levy can definitely help.

Relyssa fucked around with this message at 23:26 on Dec 11, 2016

Baron Fuzzlewhack
Sep 22, 2010

ALIVE ENOUGH TO DIE
Try this one, then: https://netrunnerdb.com/en/decklist/39511/surfing-kit

I'd rather run some sort of tag removal if I can fit it in there, rather than damage mitigation. Deuce's Wild can help a bit with that, but the deck isn't perfect.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Baron Fuzzlewhack posted:

Try this one, then: https://netrunnerdb.com/en/decklist/39511/surfing-kit

I'd rather run some sort of tag removal if I can fit it in there, rather than damage mitigation. Deuce's Wild can help a bit with that, but the deck isn't perfect.

That one worked! What's your econ plan? It looks like you'd have trouble once the burst econ ran out, which is why I shoved Opus in.

Baron Fuzzlewhack
Sep 22, 2010

ALIVE ENOUGH TO DIE
That's one of the weaknesses of the deck, honestly. But I haven't found it to be much of a handicap as long as I'm careful about when I'm accessing.

Professional Contacts probably does more work in the deck than anything. It cycles me through the deck to get to the important econ cards (if I haven't already) while acting as an econ card itself, and sets me up for a better Levy about mid- to late-game.

Tempora Mutantur
Feb 22, 2005

This deck has been crazy fun for me, I'm glad it made Deck of the Week or I'd have never seen it:

https://netrunnerdb.com/en/decklist/39368/stupid-bird-deck-kit-2nd-at-philly-sc

I bastardized it into this:

Bird Flu

Rielle "Kit" Peddler: Transhuman

Event (15)
2x Account Siphon ●●●●● ●●●
3x Diesel
1x Indexing
1x Levy AR Lab Access
3x Sure Gamble
3x Test Run
2x Tinkering

Hardware (10)
2x Astrolabe
3x LLDS Processor
2x Omni-drive
3x R&D Interface

Resource (12)
2x Beth Kilrain-Chang
3x London Library
3x New Angeles City Hall
1x Same Old Thing
3x Technical Writer

Icebreaker (5)
3x Chameleon
1x Inti
1x Peregrine ●●

Program (3)
1x Magnum Opus
2x Self-modifying Code

10 influence spent (max 10, available 0)
45 cards (min 45)
Cards up to Escalation

Deck built on https://netrunnerdb.com.

E: the weirdest thing about this deck is the fact that you really have 8 flex influence. I swapped temujin x3 and stimhack x2 for siphons with extra recursion (more test runs, a levy) but nothing feels right (though using a siphon to break bank is way more fun than temujin/I live and die off mopus).

The best card that I don't have in that deck anymore is Cold Read. That poo poo (with or without personal workshop) is bonkers for the stretch of the game where your only installed breaker is peregrine, since there are no remaining apps installed when the need to trash a program used during the run triggers. It's what I originally replaced stimhack with.

Overall econ isn't a big deal for me in this deck but I think I slowed it with mopus vs temujin. The omni drives are there for hilarity because chams and Peres can end up on it for an additional +1mu+1c but could just as easily be replaced for extra slots.

Seriously this deck is stupid fun. Tormenting CTM is the best :3

Tempora Mutantur fucked around with this message at 17:23 on Dec 12, 2016

Tempora Mutantur
Feb 22, 2005

More and more I find myself wishing there was a card like mass install but for hardware.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

bazomatic posted:

More and more I find myself wishing there was a card like mass install but for hardware.

Hyperdriver?

Tempora Mutantur
Feb 22, 2005

Maybe, but it's still a telegraph that I'm going to do something big, vs mass install where all of a sudden I spend one click and one credit and have three programs ready to run with. Still a good idea though, I hadn't viewed hyperdriver in that light, just for gimmicks like mass medium digs/using leprechauns to host multiples ay once.

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

Speaking of Hyperdriver, I was planning on using this deck at a store tournament this weekend with a Crypsis thrown in just in case I need to make a run.

I dont plan on winning

AgentF
May 11, 2009

bazomatic posted:

Autoscripter?

Tempora Mutantur
Feb 22, 2005

AgentF posted:

Autoscripter?

Doesn't work on hardware.

That deck... last game on jinteki, a guy nailed 20 cards in my heap, both siphons, my indexing, my levy, and I already ate 2 brain damage; tied 4-4, he's been m@d econ so it's his 30c against my 30c with Beth in play. I have 2 chameleons, and a peregrine in hand, which he hasn't seen all game (I got my 4 points off a lucky round 2 indexing with installed RDI). He has ICE two deep on R&D and two remotes, with an exposed HQ cause he's running some kind of Executive Retreat jank (he bluffed that out since I feared an early Overwriter, ironically, which made me run what I *knew* had to be one but couldn't afford the score and already knew it was jank since my R&D runs revealed an EoW).

Click one, Peregrine on London Library.
Click two, Chameleon Sentry (on my superfly and utterly worthless Omni Drive)
Click three, run R&D; he rezzes Janus 1.0, I de-rez that fucker, break in and get 3 pointer. Even if I stole nothing, I still derezzed his 15c ICE for 12c (would've been 9 if i had my last LLDS out) and knew I broke the gently caress out of his spirit.

I really need to replace the drat omni drive. It's neat if I get it out early against someone who I need to throw a ton of chameleons at, but they're two slots better used, I know it. False Echo is tempting just for the added gently caress-you to a corp of them taking ICE back in hand.

Hannibal Rex
Feb 13, 2010

bazomatic posted:

I really need to replace the drat omni drive. It's neat if I get it out early against someone who I need to throw a ton of chameleons at, but they're two slots better used, I know it. False Echo is tempting just for the added gently caress-you to a corp of them taking ICE back in hand.

Scheherazade if you have the influence, Sahasrara if you have the MU, MacroDrive if you have neither? MacroDrive looks like a straight upgrade to OmniDrive if your deck plan is to repeatedly install Chameleons.

Hannibal Rex fucked around with this message at 14:08 on Dec 13, 2016

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

I have an extra Chaos Theory Alt Art that didn't sell on ebay. Free to whoever calls dibs first. PM me your address, lower 48 only, sorry.

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

djfooboo posted:

I have an extra Chaos Theory Alt Art that didn't sell on ebay. Free to whoever calls dibs first. PM me your address, lower 48 only, sorry.

message sent

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Machai posted:

message sent

You win!

ZorajitZorajit
Sep 15, 2013

No static at all...
Apparently, the latest Winning Agenda podcast had a discussion about data pack legality at Worlds. The thrust being that some packs in a cycle have significantly better cards than others. At the very least, it's odd that a set designed at the same time never really competes as a whole entity on its own merits. Some of this is resultant of the divorce between the design side, sales side, and organized play sides of FFG. Design gets done with a set months in advance, sales tries (allegedly) to keep a steady release schedule, and OP has to put the tournaments where they can without much regard for where the card pool is at.

Now, this isn't a problem for Magic, because they drop a whole set at once, so Grand Prix and World Championship events come around for each Standard-Format release. But with the splitting off of the Star Wars stuff from the rest of FFGs World Series, it might be possible to rejigger the structure of Premier events to better represent cycles and other expansions.

I'm not deeply committed to the idea. It would likely mean some combination of Regional / National / World's events would have card pools lagging behind GNKs and shops. But I do think, from the angle of "What provides the most representative competition" that the idea has some merit.

I think, ideally, releases should be timed to conclude a cycle just before World's, and let other events fall where they may. But I'm not sure how feasible that is, especially if this paradigm was used for the Thrones and Five Rings when it releases next year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

Just played a CT Baba Yaga deck in a store champ and I gotta say it really isn't worth it. The time and money you spend trying to set up the rig, even in a 40 card deck with like 9 tutors, is just not worth it. Maybe if glacier comes back in a big way she might be okay with a gordian on her, but until then she is not worth it.

• Locked thread