Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

MrLogan posted:

Please stop saying Odell is a top 5 receiver. He's barely top 5 in his own draft class.

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

Good Will Hrunting posted:

How bad is Stafford's finger?

It's unclear exactly how bad it is, but he can't open his middle finger. Some reports said that his thumb was busted, which would have been an utter disaster. Thankfully he's fine there.

He broke his index finger in 2011 (also against the Bears :mad:) and sucked for a while before playing his best football to close out the year. So maybe it'll be the same this time.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
no but seriously lol

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Good Will Hrunting posted:

How bad is Stafford's finger?

Read he dislocated and torn ligaments...so bad...

Also on an unrelated note, Vic Beastley, bitch!

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

weird Asian candy posted:

On the other hand, he will be a fantastic sorcerer supreme

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Mel Mudkiper posted:

On the other hand, he will be a fantastic sorcerer supreme

"Dormammu! I've come to-" *gets sacked*

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

"Please... Megatron one more season"

"I have opened my eyes... the injuries. The bill always comes due. I can walk this path no longer"

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

fishing with the fam posted:

I can't believe I'm saying this, but Matt Barkley doesn't look half bad. He would look even better if his receivers could catch balls that hit them in the hands. I'm looking at you Bellamy. Barkley could absolutely be an above average backup.

Jordan Howard continues to own. Leonard Floyd continues to prove my draft opinions suck.

I can't get over how good Floyd is turning out. Maybe fangio is a wizard? And barkley is another cutler/grossman which I'm personally all about

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

In this thread, we learn who only looks at fantasy football stats and doesn't watch games.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling

WampaLord posted:

Hahaha

The_Hat
Sep 24, 2008

MrLogan posted:

In this thread, we learn who only looks at fantasy football stats and doesn't watch games.

actually, that's a mirror

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr

MrLogan posted:

Actually defend your dumb take. Tell us what 5 receivers you would select from the 2014 draft over Odell so we can laugh at you.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

MrLogan posted:

indeed, if we ignore such distractions as "scores a lot of points and gets a lot of yards" you will see that actually...

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

wandler20 posted:

On the bright side, Cameron Jordan is probably the most dominating defensive player in the NFCS.

I think Vic 13.5 sacks, 6 FF's Beasley is probably the most dominant defensive player in the NFCS this season.

WampaLord posted:

:thurman:

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

All I am saying is that OBJ is lacking in the intangibles

grit, hustle, teamwork

You cannot see that on a statsheet and thats what makes the real greats

Now this Julian Edelman fella... there's a real superstar

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

MrLogan posted:

Did you watch the game last night where his QB and entire offense did nothing for the entire game other than the 8 yard cross he singlehandedly turned into a TD?

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Actually defend your dumb take. Tell us what 5 receivers you would select from the 2014 draft over Odell so we can laugh at you.

Mike Evans.

Fight me.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Mike Evans this year is like a man playing against children.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Chilichimp posted:

I think Vic 13.5 sacks, 6 FF's Beasley is probably the most dominant defensive player in the NFCS this season.

That's a pretty good argument I suppose.

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr

Chilichimp posted:

Mike Evans.

Fight me.

I won't fight you on that. Mike Evans is definitely the only WR in that draft class that you can argue over Odell. But the idea that there are 4 others is laughable on its face.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

I won't fight you on that. Mike Evans is definitely the only WR in that draft class that you can argue over Odell. But the idea that there are 4 others is laughable on its face.

Mike Evans is also a noted top 5 WR in the NFL.

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!
Forever and ever and ever

Please don't argue football with Mr "Frank Gore is absolutely making the Hall of Fame" Logan

Blarfk
Dec 26, 2003

Genocide Tendency posted:

Counter point. Steelers have had 3 coaches in team history.

Browns have had 3 coaches since 2010*

I think that's kind of the point.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

if only there were some way to know who the top five receivers are

http://www.espn.com/nfl/statistics/player/_/stat/receiving/sort/receivingYards/year/2016/seasontype/2

some kind of... I dunno, measurement

http://www.espn.com/nfl/statistics/player/_/stat/receiving/sort/receivingTouchdowns

maybe then we could see who is a top 5 receiver

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

BrownThunder posted:

Please don't argue football with Mr "Frank Gore is absolutely making the Hall of Fame" Logan

Brown Thunder, laying the wood.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

BrownThunder posted:

lol

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Mel Mudkiper posted:

All I am saying is that OBJ is lacking in the intangibles

grit, hustle, teamwork

You cannot see that on a statsheet and thats what makes the real greats

Now this Julian Edelman fella... there's a real superstar

god drat it now all the dogs in my neighborhood are going crazy

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Wasn't Dez famously asked if his mother is a hoe during draft interviews?

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

I am genuinely disgusted that a team led by a rapist, that traded up for a second-round kicker and signed J.R. Sweezy to a massive contract, is doing so well. Bad decisions should have consequences.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont
Lmao at anyone who seriously thinks Beckham isnt amazing

He's been a top WR since his first start and hasnt stopped and is easily the best player on the team

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

You guys ready to hear a satanic song?
Live reactions are the best :allears:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_bFA4RNLNVQ

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.
It's almost as if receiver is a very complicated position and different players can be very good at different aspects of that position making it a muddy debate.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

Febreeze posted:

Lmao at anyone who seriously thinks Beckham isnt amazing

He's been a top WR since his first start and hasnt stopped and is easily the best player on the team

He's clearly a temperamental diva and his stats are probably inflated by virtue of being the only weapon on the team's offense, but the dude is legit amazing and easily a top 5 WR in the NFL.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Shangri-Law School posted:

I am genuinely disgusted that a team led by a rapist, that traded up for a second-round kicker and signed J.R. Sweezy to a massive contract, is doing so well. Bad decisions should have consequences.

The season's not over yet, the Bucs still have the ability to turn into a pumpkin at any moment.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

WampaLord posted:

The season's not over yet, the Bucs still have the ability to turn into a pumpkin at any moment.

that moment being 7:30 pm CT next sunday

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

TheChirurgeon posted:

He's clearly a temperamental diva and his stats are probably inflated by virtue of being the only weapon on the team's offense, but the dude is legit amazing and easily a top 5 WR in the NFL.

He also spends a lot of game time having emotional meltdowns, dropping easy passes and running around on the sideline hitting things for no reason and STILL puts up the stats he does.

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

BrownThunder posted:

Frank Gore is making the HoF, you son of a bitch.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
I wish someone like Julio Jones or Larry Fitzgerald or Steve Smith had made "the catch" instead of OBJ

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.
Or the best WR in the National Football League, AJ Green.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

weird Asian candy posted:

Also on an unrelated note, Vic Beastley, bitch!

Even weirder is the Panthers leading the league in sacks

• Locked thread