Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

TFRazorsaw posted:

I don't really get that pairing.

She's more like his mom. Even if the side material tries to speak differently.

anyway I'm more saying "nothing you do with this guy doesn't have unfortunate implications so go with whatever you want."

The same is true for Lelouch but he's currently a corpse.

He got better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

TFRazorsaw posted:

he knew the risks when he decided to drive a cart unlicensed

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

TFRazorsaw posted:

I don't really get that pairing.

She's more like his mom. Even if the side material tries to speak differently.

anyway I'm more saying "nothing you do with this guy doesn't have unfortunate implications so go with whatever you want."

Lelouch and Kallen?

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

TheKingofSprings posted:

Lelouch and Kallen?

Suzaku and Cecille

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Rodyle posted:

Suzaku and Cecille

They were saying Lelouch didn't have anybody he could end up with without some negative implications at the end of that post, weren't they?

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

That's what I mean, yes.

I mean by that point Kallen had been through his whole "zero requiem" thing and was set to be executed before he got sworded, but that was a big smokescreen I guess.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

TFRazorsaw posted:

That's what I mean, yes.

I mean by that point Kallen had been through his whole "zero requiem" thing and was set to be executed before he got sworded, but that was a big smokescreen I guess.

She knew the whole thing was staged afterwards, along with the rest of the Black Knights. Word from the writer said if Lelouch told her what he was actually doing she would've went with him to accomplish the plan.

And honestly if that gently caress Ohgi can marry someone who tries to kill him and betray his whole team I think we're already way past that threshold anyways.

TheKingofSprings fucked around with this message at 07:35 on Dec 12, 2016

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I know that.

I'm just saying this is a show about people who do awful things to each other. This comes with the territory of these characters and their relationships. You just gotta choose where the line is because everything is kind of messed up across the board.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

TheKingofSprings posted:

She knew the whole thing was staged afterwards, along with the rest of the Black Knights. Word from the writer said if Lelouch told her what he was actually doing she would've went with him to accomplish the plan.

And honestly if that gently caress Ohgi can marry someone who tries to kill him and betray his whole team I think we're already way past that threshold anyways.

I don't recall the deception being revealed to the Black Knights afterwards - am I misremembering? It's just that a number of people who had personal familiarity with Lelouch and/or Suzaku - as opposed to just Zero - were able to figure it out even as it was happening, basically. So Nunnally, Kallen, Tohdou, Kaguya, Milly, Rivalz, maybe a few others. The the vast majority of the Black Knights were still clueless.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Lord Koth posted:

I don't recall the deception being revealed to the Black Knights afterwards - am I misremembering? It's just that a number of people who had personal familiarity with Lelouch and/or Suzaku - as opposed to just Zero - were able to figure it out even as it was happening, basically. So Nunnally, Kallen, Tohdou, Kaguya, Milly, Rivalz, maybe a few others. The the vast majority of the Black Knights were still clueless.

Everyone that knew Zero's identity should have had a pretty good idea something was up (so however many people in the BK were let in on his identity after he was outed by Schneizel), the people that you listed are the ones that would roughly know the details (probably not Milly and Rivalz though, those two got left out of the loop on everything :( ).

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

at least Milly is smart

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
To be quite honest, the only character I really would care to see more of is Lloyd. Just make an entire show about Lloyd. Code Geass: Le Lloyd of the lazy scientists.

Arc Hammer fucked around with this message at 11:11 on Dec 12, 2016

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Arcsquad12 posted:

To be quite honest, the only character I really would care to see more of is Lloyd. Just make an entire show about Lloyd. Code Geass: Le Lloyd of the lazy scientists.

That's EARL Lloyd to you, peasant. :colbert:

Kuroyama
Sep 15, 2012
no fucking Anime in GiP

Arcsquad12 posted:

Rakshata's the lazy scientist. Lloyd is crazyeccentric. And a Lloyd show would have to include Rakshata and Cecille, and maybe Nina, so we can cover all the bases.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

If Nina accidentally was hit by a falling KMF between seasons I don't think anyone would complain.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

ImpAtom posted:

If Nina accidentally was hit by a falling KMF between seasons I don't think anyone would complain.

I'll settle for Table-kun falling out of the school window and getting it's revenge as she tries to set up a nuke at the end of the season, really.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I will fight those who oppose Lelouch X Kallen it is important civilization

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Rodyle posted:

I will fight those who oppose Lelouch X Kallen it is important civilization

What if I oppose it with Kallen x Moving on and finding her own happiness?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

You shouldn't date people who mind control you, lie to you and force you into deadly battles for their own goals. I feel this very strongly. Thank you and All Hail Brittania.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

chumbler posted:

What if I oppose it with Kallen x Moving on and finding her own happiness?

She does, with Lelouch Who Is Resurrected Apparently

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

ImpAtom posted:

You shouldn't date people who mind control you, lie to you and force you into deadly battles for their own goals. I feel this very strongly. Thank you and All Hail Brittania.
I dunno I could probably compromise on some of those.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

ImpAtom posted:

That's a funny phrase for asking questions with a magic eye ImpAtom.

Kallen chose to fight before Zero showed up and she chose to keep fighting after. If anything Lelouch did the opposite of dragging her into a battle when he lied to her about how he felt to try to keep her out of the suicide mission he was going on.

The lying thing is definitely true though, even if it usually was to protect one or more people. I hope she and Lelouch can work it out in relationship counselling.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

*Insert Sailor Jupiter joke here*
Lelouch is supposed to be with C.C. guys.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Lelouch is supposed to be with Suzaku but their romance is forever fractured and can never recover so they will both die alone. And then come back to life only to die alone again.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

RMZXAnarchy posted:

also Suzaku x ignominious death in a gutter OTP

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

RMZXAnarchy posted:

um, no!?!!

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

also Suzaku x ignominious death in a gutter OTP

I loving hated Suzaku so much when Geass was on but the years have sort of warmed to the guy. Not sure why.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Unironically I don't think Suzaku is that bad a person. I mean he's a bad person but I don't think he's exceptional for the Geass universe.

He suffers for being someone who legitimately thinks he is taking the only path that has a good outcome and, unlike Lelouch, has no magical power advantages to back him up. He suffers massively from sunk cost fallacy but not in an unbelievable way. Until the moment he and Lelouch team up Suzaku doesn't really have any other good options. He could defect to the Black Knights but by the time they look like a legitimate choice they're already on the path to Euphiedisaster and once that happens Suzaku basically has nowhere to go and nothing to do but keep on the path he was on.

He's pitiable. He really genuinely wants to do good but also is a hosed-up guy who desperately wants to cling to the correctness of the rash choice he made as a child that he has no real option. And even that wouldn't be so bad except the universe just frigging shits on him 24/7 and every time he manages to eek out a moment of happiness someone pulls the rug out from under him. He's a shithead to Lelouch but it's sort of hard to blame him when even the *very best* reading of what happened is that Lelouch made the world's shittiest joke at the world's worst time and turned his girlfriend into a mass murdering monster.

He also is someone who genuinely wants to die and Lelouch steals that from him (again, pretty unintentionally) and in doing so means that Suzaku can't even frigging kill himself and the Live Geass eventually ends up making Suzaku nuke a city entirely out of his control, which is a hell of a thing.

ImpAtom fucked around with this message at 05:19 on Dec 13, 2016

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Yeah the universe conspires to poo poo on Suzaku pretty badly. Not that that excuses the bad poo poo he consciously does, but he is a pretty sympathetic character, and certainly more so than Lelouche. At least he does have a sort of family with Lloyd and Cecille.

Also keep in mind that the one time he did rebel things turned out incredibly badly. That would have happened anyway and he likely knows that, but that's a rough scar to try to heal.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
TBF Suzaku did have some unnatural, possibly Geass related voodoo backing him up.

At least, that was the plan up until the end of season 1 (they call attention to his seemingly unnatural abilities a fair bit and touching him seriously messed with CC).

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

ImpAtom posted:

Unironically I don't think Suzaku is that bad a person. I mean he's a bad person but I don't think he's exceptional for the Geass universe.

He suffers for being someone who legitimately thinks he is taking the only path that has a good outcome and, unlike Lelouch, has no magical power advantages to back him up. He suffers massively from sunk cost fallacy but not in an unbelievable way. Until the moment he and Lelouch team up Suzaku doesn't really have any other good options. He could defect to the Black Knights but by the time they look like a legitimate choice they're already on the path to Euphiedisaster and once that happens Suzaku basically has nowhere to go and nothing to do but keep on the path he was on.

He's pitiable. He really genuinely wants to do good but also is a hosed-up guy who desperately wants to cling to the correctness of the rash choice he made as a child that he has no real option. And even that wouldn't be so bad except the universe just frigging shits on him 24/7 and every time he manages to eek out a moment of happiness someone pulls the rug out from under him. He's a shithead to Lelouch but it's sort of hard to blame him when even the *very best* reading of what happened is that Lelouch made the world's shittiest joke at the world's worst time and turned his girlfriend into a mass murdering monster.

He also is someone who genuinely wants to die and Lelouch steals that from him (again, pretty unintentionally) and in doing so means that Suzaku can't even frigging kill himself and the Live Geass eventually ends up making Suzaku nuke a city entirely out of his control, which is a hell of a thing.

I agree with this post except the bolded part. Suzaku has quite literally superhuman physical prowess(this is remarked upon several times, like when he outruns machine gun bullets), is a complete natural super ace pilot who can beat everyone in the entire setting except Kallen nearly effortlessly, and is portrayed as being nearly as incredibly smart as Lelouch(albeit not remotely as devious). He's not Regular Joe at all.

Kanos fucked around with this message at 07:53 on Dec 13, 2016

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor
There was definitely something weird about Suzaku that got swept under the rug. I often feel like there was an entire other side to the setting that got shelved early on.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Kanos posted:

I agree with this post except the bolded part. Suzaku has quite literally superhuman physical prowess(this is remarked upon several times, like when he outruns machine gun bullets), is a complete natural super ace pilot who can beat everyone in the entire setting except Kallen nearly effortlessly, and is portrayed as being nearly as incredibly smart as Lelouch(albeit not remotely as devious). He's not Regular Joe at all.

Don't think so. He was portrayed as knowing Lelouch so not falling for his bullshit.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

chumbler posted:

certainly moreso than Lelouch
Let's not get crazy here

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
As someone who watched Geass in a row just right after it finished (and is a sucker for larger than life dramatics), the two sides of the same coin called Lelouch and Suzaku were probably my favorite thing. Didn't watch much mecha before (CG might actually have been my first mech show, don't remember), so the specifics of the Suzaku "hero protagonist archetype" were lost on me. Not the broad picture of "this would've been the protagonist in any other show", though, so i liked the angle we got on him a lot.
I only found out afterwards that people somehow hated him.

I actually don't even remember much more than those two from the show. Euphie and Nunnaly for obvious reasons, CC was the green girl i think? All these other names, Lloyd, Nina, Cecil... i got nothing. I don't even remember who Kallen is supposed to be. :shrug:
Maybe i should rewatch the show eventually.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

HenryEx posted:

CC was the green girl i think? All these other names, Lloyd, Nina, Cecil... i got nothing. I don't even remember who Kallen is supposed to be. :shrug:

:catstare:

AndwhatIseeisme
Mar 30, 2010

Being alive is pretty much a constant stream of embarrassment.
Fun Shoe
Suzaku should have just joined up with Lelouch after being rescued from the execution, and the whole series would have been done in like 8 episodes. One of my favorite little things about this series is that early in season 1 Lelouch says something along the lines of "Suzaku and me working together can accomplish anything" and it sounds like typical Lelouch grandstanding. But then R2 rolls along, they finally pair up, and a month later Lelouch is the emperor and they take over the world. poo poo gets done when they aren't constantly trying to kill each other.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Kanos posted:

Suzaku is a regular joe, he's just absurdly talented and trained unless I missed something. I mean he's got the Live Geass which is ironically a boost to him but that is because of what it does to augment him. He's not magical though, just absurdly talented. After all Kallen is basically on the same level as him.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

HenryEx posted:

I actually don't even remember much more than those two from the show. Euphie and Nunnaly for obvious reasons, CC was the green girl i think? All these other names, Lloyd, Nina, Cecil... i got nothing. I don't even remember who Kallen is supposed to be. :shrug: .

:yikes:

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

ImpAtom posted:

Suzaku is a regular joe, he's just absurdly talented and trained unless I missed something. I mean he's got the Live Geass which is ironically a boost to him but that is because of what it does to augment him. He's not magical though, just absurdly talented. After all Kallen is basically on the same level as him.

Regular people don't go into epileptic fits when they touch CC.

E: Or that time he flat out teleported multiple people.

TheKingofSprings fucked around with this message at 18:31 on Dec 13, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kuroyama
Sep 15, 2012
no fucking Anime in GiP

AndwhatIseeisme posted:

Suzaku should have just joined up with Lelouch after being rescued from the execution, and the whole series would have been done in like 8 episodes. One of my favorite little things about this series is that early in season 1 Lelouch says something along the lines of "Suzaku and me working together can accomplish anything" and it sounds like typical Lelouch grandstanding. But then R2 rolls along, they finally pair up, and a month later Lelouch is the emperor and they take over the world. poo poo gets done when they aren't constantly trying to kill each other.

Lelouch and Suzaku weren't even trying to conquer the world. They each wanted to have a murder-suicide with Charles, and when he was dead and they were still alive, it's like "gently caress it, let's take over the world".