Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Barometer
Sep 23, 2007

You travelled a long way for
"I don't know", sonny.
:whip: :cthulhu: :shivdurf:

Sorry I bailed on you, but I just can't handle playing rush.

The other day I was playing and died just at the end of the round, you know, like one does. So, after the end of game report and waiting around until the next map loaded I was looking at the scoreboard and I had one death already...before the game even started.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax
wtf caused this scream, testicular torsion? https://1drv.ms/v/s!ApKA_vbjiTcybPmmTSty6vsmVrU

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
http://i.imgur.com/lYt9fU8.gifv

http://i.imgur.com/g2qaIdy.gifv

http://i.imgur.com/oTC9FDB.gifv

http://i.imgur.com/sAf4vwm.gifv
RIP my own tank :(

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Is there a list of what tomorrow's patch will be changing available anywhere? I saw something about sprinting, syringe cool down, etc.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

RCarr posted:

Is there a list of what tomorrow's patch will be changing available anywhere? I saw something about sprinting, syringe cool down, etc.

reddit thread for dec 13 patch

from that thread:

u/SkyramuSemipro posted:

TL;DR
-NEW MAP Giants Shadow
-grenade launcher for support with 2 frag grenades or 2 explosive grenades.
-slight mortar accuracy buff
-You can sprint from prone now
-Model 10-A nerf / all other shotguns rebalanced
-slight Heavy tank buff / Landship buffs
-another nerf to the stationary AA turrets (reduced range)
-LMG buffs
-Darts from the fighterplane do less damage to planes now
-Hardcore changes
-New custom server option to enable specific bolt action rifles for all classes.
-medic and support crate deplete/get destroyed less fast
-new procedure for deploying crates directly at your feet when deployment fails were you are aiming at
-new revive cooldown for the syringe after multiple revives (very minor)
-a lot of bug fixes to movement system, spawning without vehicle, reload animation not matching reload time, incorrect damage for the martin henry
-some performance tweaks for high end graphicscards ect. we will see how this turns out...
EDIT: some missing things

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Reduced damage of tail gunner mgs! Thank god. Even the assault plane was barely killable as the fighter.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Now that the nerf for the A-10 is happening, it doesn't matter, but was I alone liking the trenchgun hunter over the a-10 hunter? It did less damage, but it shot so much faster that followup shots were really viable. The A-10 Hunter's rof was like 87 while the trenchgun hunter is 137.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Snak posted:

-new procedure for deploying crates directly at your feet when deployment fails were you are aiming at

This is cool and good there's so many times where a crate just doesn't pop at all.

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Holy poo poo sprint from prone?! That was the most annoying poo poo

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

deadwing posted:

Holy poo poo sprint from prone?! That was the most annoying poo poo

Yeah, from a purely mechanical perspective, this is the thing I'm most excited about.

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
Grenade launcher for support sounds interesting

gently caress nerfing lawn dates tho! It's so hilarious to bring down bombers.

I love darts. Almost as much as I love arty truck. The sound and vibration they make when they impact makes me feel funny in my pants

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

FastestGunAlive posted:

Grenade launcher for support sounds interesting

I love darts. Almost as much as I love arty truck. The sound and vibration they make when they impact makes me feel funny in my pants

I don't like how support and assault are set up. I feel like support should have the anti-vehicle toolkit. I hate being completely loving useless when a tank rolls into a view. Hopefully the accuracy buff to mortars will make it so that I can get a firing solution on a tank before the spotting wears off.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

Uh, support does have anti-vehicle though.

If you see a tank, whip out your massive dong limpet mine and bum rush that loving tank.

Works like 70% of the time. Even if you don't make it to the armor, odds are your mine will go off and kill something.

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
Limpets are cool imo. Not as cool as arty truck or lawn darts, but still cool

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Please tell me they didnt gently caress with the benet mercie storm

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Beastie posted:

Uh, support does have anti-vehicle though.

If you see a tank, whip out your massive dong limpet mine and bum rush that loving tank.

Works like 70% of the time. Even if you don't make it to the armor, odds are your mine will go off and kill something.

Bum-rushing a tank has never worked out for me, so I don't use limpet mines. There are some maps where I can see them being useful... I just feel like the mixed up the ranges in a really weird way.

Like assault gets shotguns and smgs, which are mostly useful at close range, and then they get anti-tank rockets and grenades, the ranged anti-tank options. Meanwhile, support gets LMGs, useful mostly at range, and mortars, useful mostly at range, and limit mines...

This is why I don't design games. I feel like the AT rocket and the Limpet should be switched.

edit: ^ It says LMGs get buffed, so I doubt they hosed it up.

edit2: Holy poo poo you can now interrupt reloading to bayonet charge. That's amazing.

edit3: HOLY gently caress "Improved accuracy and recoil of M1903 Experimental"

Snak fucked around with this message at 16:14 on Dec 12, 2016

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

"But she goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy. She is the well-wisher to the freedom and independence of all. She is the champion and vindicator only of her own."
Those are pretty strong landship buffs. Stronger armor, better auto-repair, frontal autocannon on the squad variant. Reduction in the heavy tank's auto-repair amount.

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
I'm a keep shooting the poo poo out of them with the arty truck and then trick them into going over my mines

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

"But she goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy. She is the well-wisher to the freedom and independence of all. She is the champion and vindicator only of her own."
Speaking of, mines are also getting color-coded for your convenience, so hopefully your team won't feel quite as compelled to blow yours up.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

The fact that your own team can blow up your mines and tripwires is so stupid. :dice:

Auxiliary Treats
Jun 26, 2013
Well, the first patch fixed awarding points for destroying your team's behemoth so how do you expect them to notice something small like explosives?

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

I'd really like to play the new map tomorrow.

But I'd even more like to know what the gently caress they have planned for the season pass and how they will implement it without loving poo poo up like the have done for the last 4 games.

Until then, I'm not going to buy the season pass.

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
Same friend

Laminator
Jan 18, 2004

You up for some serious plastic surgery?

moist turtleneck posted:

Please tell me they didnt gently caress with the benet mercie storm

Looks like LMG got an accuracy buff overall

Still no love for the A10 Slug, but I'll keep using it. Kinda disappointed about them nerfing the Martini-Henry, I never will have gotten a chance to use it at full power ;_;

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Heavy tank buff? gently caress yes, anyone who plays with me knows I rush and always get a heavy tank.

Also good to hear my support favorite the mercie storm will be a little bit better and I can handle more recoil on the experimental scout if it means better accuracy.

I should check to see if the fixed the K bullet glitch on the experimental.

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

Heavy tank nerf, and the Experimental is better across the board, with hipfire, recoil, and accuracy buffs.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

The Merry Marauder posted:

Heavy tank nerf, and the Experimental is better across the board, with hipfire, recoil, and accuracy buffs.

The notes make it look like it has increased recoil, meaning more kickback.

Also the list from above specifically says ' -slight Heavy tank buff / Landship buffs'

Did they write it wrong? I always thought the landship could use a buff anyway.

Edit: detailed notes show a nerf on emergency repair for both heavy and landship. That's not going to be major enough. Anything else I missed?

Landships have same amount of armor as a heavy tank now plus any team mate can spawn in it now.

Ineffiable fucked around with this message at 18:04 on Dec 12, 2016

Laminator
Jan 18, 2004

Thankfully they didn't appear to fix the menus or quit glitch, so I'll still have an excuse to not stop playing!

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

Ineffiable posted:

The notes make it look like it has increased recoil, meaning more kickback.

Also the list from above specifically says ' -slight Heavy tank buff / Landship buffs'

Did they write it wrong? I always thought the landship could use a buff anyway.

Yeah, that's a redditor reading comprehension issue, I assume. The only specific hit to the heavy I saw was making the emergency repair restore 20 instead of 30, which isn't trivial, but giving the landship the same armor as the heavy as well as specific buffs (better anti-armor abilities from frontal guns, more health restored on track repair, more seats on some variants, etc), hurts the heavy as an alternative to the landship.

The actual patch note wording on the 1903 Xp is "improved accuracy, recoil, and hipfire," rather than "increased."

red19fire
May 26, 2010

So wait the martini is worse? It's great, but a 3 second reload on a one-round rifle is already a huge disadvantage.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

The Merry Marauder posted:

Yeah, that's a redditor reading comprehension issue, I assume. The only specific hit to the heavy I saw was making the emergency repair restore 20 instead of 30, which isn't trivial, but giving the landship the same armor as the heavy as well as specific buffs (better anti-armor abilities from frontal guns, more health restored on track repair, more seats on some variants, etc), hurts the heavy as an alternative to the landship.

The actual patch note wording on the 1903 Xp is "improved accuracy, recoil, and hipfire," rather than "increased."

Yeah I edited my post. Landship is now an interesting alternative and I welcome it. Emergency repair being nerfed is the only thing and it doesn't matter as long as you're smart about backing off and using the manual repair.

I bet they didn't fix the glitch that manual repairs are the only ones that stop the tank being on fire.

Really its not so much a nerf as it feels like a balancing. Probably is better this way.

Can't wait to see how good the experimental is tomorrow, it's almost the only gun I use as a scout.

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

I think landship might be superior across the board now if you have gunners you can communicate with, except maybe if you wanna run the flametank down an alley.

Ineffiable posted:

Can't wait to see how good the experimental is tomorrow, it's almost the only gun I use as a scout.

I really, really wanted to like it but I found the damage drop means it gets clowned by medic SLRs beyond close quarters. I just use an iron-sighted bolt action for flare scouting, but I'll give the experimental another try. Might be easy enough now to just go for full headshots.

Laminator
Jan 18, 2004

red19fire posted:

So wait the martini is worse? It's great, but a 3 second reload on a one-round rifle is already a huge disadvantage.

They decreased the damage multiplier on most limbs.

E: looks like our will still be OHK to torso or upper body at 30-80 m or whatever it's sweet spot is.

Laminator fucked around with this message at 18:48 on Dec 12, 2016

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.
Was going to skip my renewal of PS+ for a month to save money, but life is awful and I need to shoot mans so I'm back in.

Surprising how the feel of a weapon matters more than raw stats. In every objective way, the Gewehr 98 is better than the 95, yet I hate it. Swap back to the 95 and I'm dropping way more fools. Think the sights just agree with me more, and faster to get off that second shot helps. The Lawrence of Arabia SMLE is also objectively better too, but the G95 is a Good Gun and I loves it.

Also got my first bomber kill with a regular arty truck so I'm feeling the love for that.

Bring on Giant's Shadow, I need more things.

mellowjournalism
Jul 31, 2004

helllooo

FastestGunAlive posted:

:saddowns: sames

Snak posted:

Now that the nerf for the A-10 is happening, it doesn't matter, but was I alone liking the trenchgun hunter over the a-10 hunter? It did less damage, but it shot so much faster that followup shots were really viable. The A-10 Hunter's rof was like 87 while the trenchgun hunter is 137.

yeah the m97 was pretty rad as basically an auto-shotgun until unlocking the 10A so hopefully the rebalancing will get me to use it again

Snak posted:

Bum-rushing a tank has never worked out for me, so I don't use limpet mines.

psssst

smoke grenades

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
Man I didn't even notice the sprint-from-prone fix, god that poo poo is annoying. Way to be on top of things, DICE. He says cynically.

mellowjournalism
Jul 31, 2004

helllooo
oh sweet mother of god they're adding deadzone adjustment

all is loving forgiven

edit: now you can actually bayo charge with an empty rifle! :black101:

mellowjournalism fucked around with this message at 22:46 on Dec 12, 2016

Auxiliary Treats
Jun 26, 2013

mellowjournalism posted:

edit: now you can actually bayo charge with an empty rifle! :black101:

I hope DICE throws in something goofy for the last DLC like the bipod knife. A pistol with a bayonet would be cool.

https://gfycat.com/SleepyAdolescentHydatidtapeworm
Has anyone ever had a vehicle just disappear?

This was a new one too. I died while scoped in so the depth of field effect stayed on screen.

humpthewind
Jan 8, 2007

Noblest of all dogs is the hot-dog; it feeds the hand that bites it.
The car disappearing has something to do with the spawn point you got it from changing hands or something iirc. I've had it happen to me.

I've also had the car I'm driving disappear while still driving it. Bonus points if you're driving to G on Sinai when it happens.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Parkingtigers posted:

Was going to skip my renewal of PS+ for a month to save money, but life is awful and I need to shoot mans so I'm back in.

Surprising how the feel of a weapon matters more than raw stats. In every objective way, the Gewehr 98 is better than the 95, yet I hate it. Swap back to the 95 and I'm dropping way more fools. Think the sights just agree with me more, and faster to get off that second shot helps. The Lawrence of Arabia SMLE is also objectively better too, but the G95 is a Good Gun and I loves it.

Also got my first bomber kill with a regular arty truck so I'm feeling the love for that.

Bring on Giant's Shadow, I need more things.

The LofA SMLE is a fantastic gun, which unless you were stupid like me (and apparently you too) and paid :10bux: extra for the privilege, you'd never know about it. I'm trying out the experimental now but run and gun scout with the LofA is really fun.

Regarding the patch notes, model 10A nerf kind of sucks, but I've got the Hellriegel now so FYGM. The support buffs are awesome and will probably get me playing support more often. Grenade launcher and mortar buff, hell yeah. Trouble is choosing between the two now, or just accepting that I die a lot which is like reloading with an ammo pouch.