Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
http://www.infinitelooper.com/?v=VZ4_PEBDk-c&p=n

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/808175059718180864

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Thats going to be so loving cool when its abandoned in Neo Tokyo times

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Wow, the N64 had four more games at launch than the PS4 has now.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

If I found a whole raw turkey in my stocking I wouldnt know what the gently caress

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It's cool that the Switch will be coming out around the 20th anniversary of the N64

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Love turkey and Nintendo

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
Cool advertising angle when you think about it.

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

Playing this 3ds is awesome, it has been so long since I had a physical console. I grabbed the ocarina of time 3d because it was on sale, what other games do I need (besides pokemon moon)?

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

E Equals MC Hammer posted:

Playing this 3ds is awesome, it has been so long since I had a physical console. I grabbed the ocarina of time 3d because it was on sale, what other games do I need (besides pokemon moon)?

did you have a normal ds

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

A very long time ago.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

do not show me british ads at this point in time

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
one month til the Switch conference, and then two months until we all have one

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

oi mate. you see this ere google eye bear and bird? cute innit. well laddy you jus step in this ere black van love and oill show you all about it -- actual rare ware ad from 1998

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

like 50,000,000 games. majoras mask the most obvious one if you went for oot, DQ7, a billion good DS games. idk. i could list every first party game for it tbh

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

mysterious loyall X posted:

oi mate. you see this ere google eye bear and bird? cute innit. well laddy you jus step in this ere black van love and oill show you all about it -- actual rare ware ad from 1998

lmao

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Lol

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Bobnumerotres posted:

like 50,000,000 games. majoras mask the most obvious one if you went for oot, DQ7, a billion good DS games. idk. i could list every first party game for it tbh

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lmao

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Zelda: A Link Between Worlds, Theatrhythm Final Fantasy Curtain Call, Super Mario 3D Land, Dragon Quest 7 are all essentials. Bravely Default/Second and Fantasy Life are supposed to be great though I haven't played them

Soral
May 30, 2009

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

lol

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

you should get the demos for rhythm heaven, pocket card jockey, and etrian odyssey iv because those games are all great and the demos pretty much set you up for whether or not you'll like them. also the ace attorney trilogy and the megaman legacy collection are great compilations. and get hyrule warriors if you have the new 3ds

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Is this just due to Britain's famed paedophilia, or was Rare particularly terrible?

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

lmao

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Relevant Tangent posted:

Is this just due to Britain's famed paedophilia, or was Rare particularly terrible?

Rare was pretty visible for a second party, they would interact with fans a lot through their website including lots of references to British memes, often revolving around a stick figure man in his underwear named "Mr. Pants".

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

lol

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

Also, get one of the Fire Emblems and Smash if you don't have a Wii U.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Tender Bender posted:

Rare was pretty visible for a second party, they would interact with fans a lot through their website including lots of references to British memes, often revolving around a stick figure man in his underwear named "Mr. Pants".
they even made a game for him which caused complete confusion and mild terror among children across britain

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

they even made a game for him which caused complete confusion and mild terror among children across britain

what in the world

The character Mr. Pants was originally illustrated by artist Leigh Loveday, but the design was implemented into the game by Ryan Stevenson.[12] Mayles recounted that the "childish" visual style used in It's Mr. Pants was accomplished by having the right-handed artists draw with their left hands to intentionally make the illustrations appear "genuinely bad".[3]

frank.club fucked around with this message at 23:03 on Dec 12, 2016

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

The British do NOT gently caress around when it comes to monkey cheese.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

Robobots

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
a big bunch of Switch patent drawings are out and there's some really badass stuff in there (controller grip attaching around your phone, tiny hidden joycon shoulder buttons, VR (HMD) capability, alternate joycon versions with regular style d-pad)

boned up for march

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Super Mario run also comes out today. I wonder if it's going to make a billion dollars

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
I really want to see if they have any plans to put DS/3DS games on it and how that would work

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012

HolePisser1982 posted:

a big bunch of Switch patent drawings are out and there's some really badass stuff in there (controller grip attaching around your phone, tiny hidden joycon shoulder buttons, VR (HMD) capability, alternate joycon versions with regular style d-pad)

boned up for march

the Switch is gonna be so sick, i wonder if its gonna come with that grip controller by default or not, trying to hold two of those joycons just by themselves if you wanna play something on the tv seems weird

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
if each controller can be broken into two little SNES controllers, then Im gonna need Bomberman on this sucker immediately