Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

MrLogan posted:

Wide Receivers currently better than ODB:

Brown
Green
Julio
Cooper
Jeffrey
Tate
Hopkins
Hilton
Allen Robinson
Landry
Fitz
Desean Jackson
Jordan
Cooks
Evans
Dez

Watkins may end up better if he ever gets on a team with a QB and/or that throws the ball.

nope

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
okay you put desean jackson on a better than odell beckham list i don't have to take you seriously anymore

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Brandon Cooks?

I could buy 10 of those tbh

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

MrLogan posted:

Brown
Green
Julio
Cooper
Jeffrey
Tate
Hopkins
Hilton
Allen Robinson
Landry
Fitz
Desean Jackson
Jordan
Cooks
Evans
Dez

Watkins may end up better if he ever gets on a team with a QB and/or that throws the ball.

Or he gets a lot of targets because the offense has no running games, plays from behind a lot, and no other WRs worth a drat. See: 2013 Pierre Garcon.

Johann Beichmeister laboriously works over every aspect of this post under candlelight, his magnifying eyepiece checking every last detail for the level of quality expected from an artisan of his caliber

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
I'm gonna make a list of 20 RBs that I think are better than Bell, I hope you guys all argue with me a ton about it...hold on

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

MrLogan posted:

Brown
Green
Julio
Cooper
Jeffrey
Tate
Hopkins
Hilton
Allen Robinson
Landry
Fitz
Desean Jackson
Jordan
Cooks
Evans
Dez

Or he gets a lot of targets because the offense has no running games, plays from behind a lot, and no other WRs worth a drat. See: 2013 Pierre Garcon.

ALLEN ROBINSON!? He has like 6 catches this season.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

MrLogan posted:

Brown
Green
Julio
Cooper
Jeffrey
Tate
Hopkins
Hilton
Allen Robinson
Landry
Fitz
Desean Jackson
Jordan
Cooks
Evans
Dez

Let's do an experiment: Did you even watch the game last night? One receiver literally won the game for his team, and the other basically cost his team the game. Guess which one was the winner?

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

If Watkins and ODB switched places at the draft nobody would care about the latter

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Sterling Shepard is supposed to be the new hotness and Cruz is back from the dead and playing well. Their receiving corp is pretty stout imo.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Diva Cupcake posted:

Sterling Shepard is supposed to be the new hotness and Cruz is back from the dead and playing well. Their receiving corp is pretty stout imo.

Cruz is just a name, not a good player anymore and Shepard is a nice player, nothing special about his skillset. Beckham is that entire offense. They don't have another replacement level player on that entire unit and he's won like 5 games by himself this season despite that.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

MrLogan posted:

See: 2013 Pierre Garcon.

Working in a Garcon reference is what really sets this apart from your run of the mill troll job. :discourse:

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Mel Mudkiper posted:

*farts self to death, like just straight up to death by his own farts*
lmao

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Golden Tate is better than OBJ

tears.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

Febreeze posted:

Honestly you can probably point to a solid instance for every one of them.

Giants - Josh Brown, Collusion crap
Skins - well, come on
Cowboys - Greg Hardy situation, jerry jones in general
Eagles - ?
Seahawks - Frank Clark
Cardinals - ?
49ers - pretty much anything York has done related to the stadium and to harbaugh
Rams - scamming St. louis and LA
Panthers - Jerry Richardson arguing against the players in the lockout, despite being a player once
Saints - trying to move the team in the wake of Katrina then playing it up as if he didn't
Bucs - drafting rapist Jameis Winston
Falcons - ?
Vikings - swindled minnesota for new stadium
Packers - are packers fans
Lions - ?
Bears - ?
Bengals - Paul Brown is a cheap gently caress
Browns - Haslam is like an actual criminal
Steelers - defending rapist big ben, sending Big Ben out to play when he sucks, also probably behind collusion crap with the Maras
Ravens - Ray Rice situation
Broncos - ?
Chiefs - ?
Chargers - Trying to swindle and screw over San Diego, did screw Eric Weddle
Raiders - trying to move the team, that loving haircut
Dolphins - Ross tried to screw residents of Miami for stadium upgrades
Patriots - Big 'ol cheater defense
Bills - ? New guy hasn't done anything we know of yet
Jets - generally seems more interested in publicity than a good team
Jaguars - built pools instead of a team and gave away home games each season for london
Titans - gently caress you, houston!
Houston - ?
Colts - Drug addict nutcase

Also this is from a few pages back but I feel it should be mentioned that the Lions owner is a 91 year old woman who hand-writes christmas cards for all the players and has shown more initiative in improving the organization in two years than her husband did in fifty.

Martha Ford is pretty okay in my book.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky

Diva Cupcake posted:

Won't argue with Shep but Cruz hasn't really been great. He's struggled to create separation all year and isn't a guy that can work the outside. He can still make big plays, but he certainly isn't what he used to be.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

corn on the cop posted:

Won't argue with Shep but Cruz hasn't really been great. He's struggled to create separation all year and isn't a guy that can work the outside. He can still make big plays, but he certainly isn't what he used to be.

somewhere in a sound truck the salsa music button lays dusty and forgotten

a sad button, lost in the unforgiving march to the future

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.
Bruce Arians is such a piece of poo poo. I can't believe I almost hate him as much as Pete Carroll.

https://twitter.com/Cardschatter/status/808392825280704512

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

go go go go ROSCOE! posted:

Say what you will about Talib but that was far from a loving accident and Harris is lucky he wasn't knocked out for the season. I know Douglas used to be a part of your beloved Falcons but come on.

Well if that's not the steak calling the pan black.

I'm saying hurting his knee was an accident; cut blocking isn't loving illegal. I think cut blocking is poo poo and it probably needs to go, but I need to see you making this argument too. Nah, though, the reason has to be that Douglas is a dirty piece of poo poo... not that the block he employed is still inexplicably legal.

Of course, what do you think of this?

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/cardinals-livid-over-julius-thomas-dirty-block-on-calais-campbell/

Julius cut-blocks before Calais engaged the o-linemen, but it's still dirty as gently caress. Do you think he deserved a chop block call?

Chilichimp fucked around with this message at 20:39 on Dec 12, 2016

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Good Will Hrunting posted:

Bruce Arians is such a piece of poo poo. I can't believe I almost hate him as much as Pete Carroll.

lol

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

Let's do an experiment: Did you even watch the game last night? One receiver literally won the game for his team, and the other basically cost his team the game. Guess which one was the winner?

I see what you're trying to do here but Dez didn't cost the Cowboys the game and incidentally for the same reason, the Giants defense is what won them the game

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

MrLogan posted:

Brown
Green
Julio
Cooper
Jeffrey
Tate
Hopkins
Hilton
Allen Robinson
Landry
Fitz
Desean Jackson
Jordan
Cooks
Evans
Dez

You forgot Agholor.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

I objectively want him to explain Desean Jackson

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

― Corey Dostoyevsky
let's stop debating the merits of the fabulous mr. beckham and concentrate on what really matters, like the giants defense owning bones

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

God drat; that's like... the most Spurrier comment since Spurdog left Florida.

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I objectively want him to explain Desean Jackson

Fuckin' same.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

― Corey Dostoyevsky
JEFF FISHER OUT :siren:

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

corn on the cop posted:

Wait don't they play on Thursday?

That can't be right, you fire the coach after the short week, not on it.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Few things piss me off during a NFL game more than a dropped pass.

If Phillip Dorsett were on my team I'd probably be a raging alcoholic. I don't know how you deal with him, Colts fans.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

corn on the cop posted:

???

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

TheChirurgeon posted:

I see what you're trying to do here but Dez didn't cost the Cowboys the game and incidentally for the same reason, the Giants defense is what won them the game

Counterpoint; last night was the Dallas d's best performance of the season, and the one mistake they made was a one person effort by OBJ. Dallas was still in the game despite their offense sputtering, committing 2 turnovers, were driving with the possibility to tie or win the game when Dez surrendered the 3rd Dallas turnover in his one person moment.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

MrLogan posted:

Brown
Green
Julio
Cooper
Jeffrey
Tate
Hopkins
Hilton
Allen Robinson
Landry
Fitz
Desean Jackson
Jordan
Cooks
Evans
Dez

You put desean jackson and allen robinson above odell beckham, you might have an argument for the dumbest football mind on this forum. So many wrong choices on that list but those two, my god how are you that stupid

But for the sake of argument, i have some questions so you can back this nonsense up

1. Have you actually watched much of the Giants or is your knowledge of beckham mostly just highlights and media talk?

2. What do you think makes a good WR? Good numbers? Beckham has better numbers than most of that list.

3. Why do you value targets so highly? Your argument for targets holds no water because most of the great WRs have similar target numbers and lack of talent around them. AJ Green, Julio, Brown, Hilton...most of that list is high targets/no talent surrounding, but Beckham is the only one not that good? Did you ever stop to consider that maybe Odell gets targeted because he's good enough to warrant the targets? Because despite defenses knowing that Beckham is the only threat on offense and gameplanning around him, he still gets open all the time and singlehandedly wins games by himself?

4. How much paste is in your daily diet

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

https://twitter.com/RamsNFL/status/808395924061843456

There's this. I guess they care about him not getting the loss record?

loving Rams can't even fire Jeff Fisher the right way.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Grittybeard posted:

https://twitter.com/RamsNFL/status/808395924061843456

There's this. I guess they care about him not getting the loss record?

loving Rams can't even fire Jeff Fisher the right way.

THEY JUST EXTENDED HIM! WHAT THE gently caress!

What kind of moron is running this organization?

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

NO YOU FUCKERS HE NEEDED TO LOSE ONE MORE GAME

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Didnt he get an extension less than a week ago?

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Didnt he get an extension less than a week ago?

No he didn't.

8 days ago.

Sweeper
Nov 29, 2007
The Joe Buck of Posting
Dinosaur Gum

Kirios posted:

NO YOU FUCKERS HE NEEDED TO LOSE ONE MORE GAME

This is totally why they did it

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

mcmagic posted:

No he didn't.

8 days ago.

Proven wrong by mcmagic again :negative:

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

man, he is losing it. the worst we can do is 5-10-1 but it feels worse than that and arians isn't stopping. he put his foot in his mouth and he's still going

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

Counterpoint; last night was the Dallas d's best performance of the season, and the one mistake they made was a one person effort by OBJ. Dallas was still in the game despite their offense sputtering, committing 2 turnovers, were driving with the possibility to tie or win the game when Dez surrendered the 3rd Dallas turnover in his one person moment.

Dez turnovers: 1

Dak turnovers: 3

yep, checks out, Dez is clearly the one responsible

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

You guys ready to hear a satanic song?
so does jared goff have any talent at all and is just being held down or is he just a whiff?

• Locked thread