Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise

punchymcpunch posted:

Yeah, after you open those boxes you can get 3 more.

How long do they take to open though?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Depends on which kind of box it is, but the basic one takes like 15 minutes.

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

Adult Sword Owner posted:

How long do they take to open though?

if you select "manage supplies" from the WBI screen it will take you to that screen and it will have a time on it.

whatspeakyou
Mar 3, 2010

no fucks given.
So is there a location where they announce upcoming heroes or anything? I'd love me some Sentry.

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

The Dave posted:

Depends on which kind of box it is, but the basic one takes like 15 minutes.

gently caress me I thought it was much longer

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

gently caress me I thought it was much longer

The big boxes take like 12 hours.

I'm currently trying to get White Tiger and Iron Fist up to 6* because I figure why not. Also still working on this Sharon Rogers T2 but not having tons of luck with my upgrades.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

I will get White Tiger to 6 stars today and then only Hulkling is left for the special missions. I guess T2s are in order eventually.

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

Bring 3 Universal to Icebeast

Still get Mission Failed

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Bring 3 Universal to Icebeast

Still get Mission Failed

It's specifically 4 Universal HEROES. The wording was poorly chosen.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

(It's you!)

fart simpson posted:

I will get White Tiger to 6 stars today and then only Hulkling is left for the special missions. I guess T2s are in order eventually.

I'm pretty sure we followed the exact order for the New Avengers, neat.

10% left until alliance level 24, the wait is killing me.

RatHat posted:

God drat it.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
I chose my teams poorly and now I've got Loki down to 0% at 4000 health but nobody strong enough to do more than 1 damage a hit to him and he one shots everything. Tomorrow I will leave Kamala out of my initial team. I learned a lesson today.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

BROCK LESBIAN posted:

I chose my teams poorly and now I've got Loki down to 0% at 4000 health but nobody strong enough to do more than 1 damage a hit to him and he one shots everything. Tomorrow I will leave Kamala out of my initial team. I learned a lesson today.

Here's a tip: If you exit out instead of picking another character right away it'll round down to the next %. So you can say go in, do 1 damage with a low level character, and then exit out and get 1% taken off the boss. With enough fodder you can weaken him a lot for your strong characters.

whatspeakyou
Mar 3, 2010

no fucks given.
Just picked up a 6* Captain Marvel. Tell me about Captain Marvel.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

RatHat posted:

Here's a tip: If you exit out instead of picking another character right away it'll round down to the next %. So you can say go in, do 1 damage with a low level character, and then exit out and get 1% taken off the boss. With enough fodder you can weaken him a lot for your strong characters.

Yeah his problem wasn't the chipping part it was not having a 60 finish the job. By the way the 'rounds down" only applies until somewhere between 0 ad 1% then you'll actually see things tick back up. Like you can't do 1 damage and re-enter and just have Loki fall over dead.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

whatspeakyou posted:

Just picked up a 6* Captain Marvel. Tell me about Captain Marvel.
She's pretty quick and Radiant Form just makes her quicker, energy damage makes her stronger, they just added a 5 second invulnerability on her Binary Explosion move, and with enough SCD and her T2 she can keep her immunity to damage indefinitely.
Her Ms. Marvel costume keeps Radiant Form up longer and adds a extra gap-closing hit on Backflip Blast; you will never get the Carol Corps costume because it was a limited-time mega-whale bait offer. In any case, her costume is a nice bonus but isn't a game-changer like some others so there's no need to rush for it.

She's a good candidate for a T2 ticket because she's a slow farm (Honor Tokens, and daily Universal selectors are already rare enough before considering that's the only way to normally freely raise Singularity), but in any case her T2 is worth a higher priority.
Since she won't be losing too much life in most circumstances, a damage ISO set like Overdrive or Power of Angry Hulk is probably preferred.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Finished Dr. Strange.

And I'm seeing lots of talk about different colored boxes. Are you all insane? White is the only color available.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

RatHat posted:

Turns out I was wrong about this. My bad.

theghostpt
Sep 1, 2009
The gods are happy today!
Last gear left to get all 20 on Sharon was at 50%, got 8 bios from the daily chest and done! Finally she's T2 and already kicking rear end, Black Dwarf didn't even knew what hit him. I can now reliably do 2 attempts on BO except Thanos :D

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

Mr Hootington posted:

Finished Dr. Strange.

And I'm seeing lots of talk about different colored boxes. Are you all insane? White is the only color available.

I am shocked that I got 2 purple boxes

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Mr Hootington posted:

Finished Dr. Strange.

racist

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Oh, I just realized why they added WBI: It's probably for the monsters unleashed event Marvel has going on. They'll probably add a new "wave" in January with Fin Fang Foom, OG Groot, ect. Maybe they'll make them as actual World bosses too.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
With the addition of Urus I think once I'm done 6*ing Thanos I might need to start pushing Strange/Prox to 20/20/20/20 gear. Odin looks fun, but finishing gear and adding Urus to Strange will make autobattling the new missions/future content easier.

I cringe at what I imagine 19-20 will cost in BAM.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

BAM is a funny way to spell gold

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
i was 2 biometrics short of t2 ghost rider so i t2'd sif instead, using materials

i hope this has upset someone

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Well she's far from the worst T2, especially with her new costume.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
All 3 of the new costumes are pretty huge upgrades and it has nothing to do with the passive bonuses. Silk's for example removes almost all of the windup time on her 5* attack, making her far less vulnerable during it. Thor's is very similar in speeding up his attacks and allowing him to be more aggressive.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Plus that new Thor looks very very badass. Definitely one of my Top 5 aesthetically in game.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Sif's uniform gives her 2s of invulnerability when using her 3 skill too. Not enough to stay immune most of the time like Sharon but enough that her 3 isn't suicide to use.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

fart simpson posted:

BAM is a funny way to spell gold

I'm actually back to a place where BAM is more limiting than gold. It won't last, but for the last few weeks a full roster of Team Up auto play plus the gold from WBI/other sources has kept me solidly in the 10-20mil range until I can do another rank 6 anti-matter for Thanos, then it builds back up decently quickly.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

Plus that new Thor looks very very badass. Definitely one of my Top 5 aesthetically in game.

Snood Thor best Thor

Clawtopsy posted:

i was 2 biometrics short of t2 ghost rider so i t2'd sif instead, using materials

i hope this has upset someone

Legit good choice, GR can do 2/3 of a SL relay solo, which makes him a top tier T1, and at T2 he's still only doing 2/3 of a relay.

BGrifter posted:

I'm actually back to a place where BAM is more limiting than gold.

:same:

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
Time to see how that whole shared life bar concept goes...

Irony.or.Death
Apr 1, 2009

I think you already know how it goes

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
Pretty well with three Stranges, actually.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

punchymcpunch posted:

Snood Thor best Thor

Legit good choice, GR can do 2/3 of a SL relay solo, which makes him a top tier T1, and at T2 he's still only doing 2/3 of a relay.

:same:

My T2 Car Rider can do an entire solo relay, not just 2/3 of it.

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

From reddit:

quote:

So I hit shield level 70 today and wanted to share some of the info on uru amplification that is unlocked. If you want to confirm im level 70, IGN: Ashy Larry (Synergy alliance) Imgur doesn't seem to want to upload the screen shot for me.
First off you need 5 uru equipped on a single gear to start amplification.

- Each roll is 30,000 gold
- Each roll gives a chance at every spot being amplified or not.
- A previously amplified spot can become un-amplified or stay amplified but it's completely random.

- The slot becomes amplified not the uru, so you can replace the uru with a new one and it will still be amplified.
- You can also enhance uru in amplified slots and it will remain amplified.
- Just like iso sets, lower number of slots amplified have a waayyy higher chance than 4-5 slots.
- I've only tried about 200 times and gotten 4 slots about 5 times and not a single 5 slot roll so far.
- There is no pattern to which slots become amplified next roll to the best of my knowledge.

Also going to take a lot of data to see if having higher level uru increase the chance at 5 slots becoming amplified. I'm working on that now.

Emphasis mine on the things that really made me :lol: this poo poo is worse than the endless 6* card reroll cycle.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

fart simpson posted:

My T2 Car Rider can do an entire solo relay, not just 2/3 of it.

Oh OK he's cooler than I thought.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

punchymcpunch posted:

Oh OK he's cooler than I thought.

I just power through Thor and Ronan as fast as possible and then spam the getaway car skill because that's physical damage and use autoattacks, which are also physical. I can take him down before the clock runs out.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...

NmareBfly posted:

From reddit:

Emphasis mine on the things that really made me :lol: this poo poo is worse than the endless 6* card reroll cycle.

i forsee even less gold in my future

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

BGrifter posted:

I'm actually back to a place where BAM is more limiting than gold. It won't last, but for the last few weeks a full roster of Team Up auto play plus the gold from WBI/other sources has kept me solidly in the 10-20mil range until I can do another rank 6 anti-matter for Thanos, then it builds back up decently quickly.

:same: but mostly because I am completely out of GUKs and Ive been buying them from the store every chance I have. i am literally being forced to save gold now because I have no guks to upgrade gear anymore. A sad sad world.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

Ramadu posted:

:same: but mostly because I am completely out of GUKs and Ive been buying them from the store every chance I have. i am literally being forced to save gold now because I have no guks to upgrade gear anymore. A sad sad world.

GUKs have never been a problem for me, but I've also been doing the max amount of Special Missions I could for at least a year now. Currently sitting on 12509 GUKs, 75837 Dimensional Debris, 7824 Component Packs and 14997 Stark-branded Blueprints.

• Locked thread