Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

:allears:

Edit: Update on the previous page!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

I assuming you're saving Grimlock's alternate color scheme for a future video, seeing as you've shown off everyone else's already.

Simply beautiful. :allears:

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

Tindalos posted:

I'm gonna be that Transformers fan and point out that Generation 2 isn't the stuff after the movie. That's just the third season.

Transformers Generation 2 was a later franchise, whose cartoon was just reshown G1 episodes (mostly from the first two seasons, with only 3 from the third.)

You can generally tell it's not G2, because if it was, Grimlock would have probably looked like this:

Then you get the bonus S4 of Japan with the Headmasters and TargetMasters because they didn't like the Return of Optimus Prime ending to G1.

Continuity gets WEEEEIRD.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
:neckbeard: fish noise brilliance itt

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

AradoBalanga posted:

I assuming you're saving Grimlock's alternate color scheme for a future video, seeing as you've shown off everyone else's already.

Simply beautiful. :allears:

Sorry, Grim and Wheeljack don't get alternate skins. :(

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Technowolf posted:

Sorry, Grim and Wheeljack don't get alternate skins. :(
That is very disappointing. :negative:

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.

AradoBalanga posted:

That is very disappointing. :negative:

Think of it as Grimlock's Alternate Paintjob getting washed off every time he comes back to base because everyone else is disturbed at the mosaic of Decepticon energon/oil/robotblood/dust/insecticon bits/etc. around his maw.

As for Wheeljack... Well... Who paints the painter?

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
Grimlock needs to get his robot cardio in.

EponymousMrYar posted:

Think of it as Grimlock's Alternate Paintjob getting washed off every time he comes back to base because everyone else is disturbed at the mosaic of Decepticon energon/oil/robotblood/dust/insecticon bits/etc. around his maw.

Wheeljack, why would you make an Etch-A-Sketch transformer!?

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

EponymousMrYar posted:

...I'll accept that.

To be fair, I was more upset at Grimlock not getting alternate colors than Wheeljack.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
It's not quiiiite alternate colours. the DLC was for "Nemisis Prime, Red Alert and Goldbug." Recolour, Recolour and basically recolour with slight skin changes.

The thing is, Wheeljack and Grimlock don't have, I believe, other transformers who use their mold. Especially not in G1

Tindalos
May 1, 2008
Well, there was a Wheeljack recolour released earlier in the year (based on a pre-transformers variant) but I can see why they wouldn't want to use him.

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

Tindalos posted:

Well, there was a Wheeljack recolour released earlier in the year (based on a pre-transformers variant) but I can see why they wouldn't want to use him.

Well, there's always Slicer. Grimlock could've gone with Trypticon or his Shattered Glass coloration.

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009

Fish Noise posts are the best posts.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat
So, the Auralnauts fixed up the trailer of Transformers: The Last Knight. I'm just going to leave it here 'cause it's pretty great.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

PoptartsNinja posted:

So, the Auralnauts fixed up the trailer of Transformers: The Last Knight. I'm just going to leave it here 'cause it's pretty great.

OK,I can get behind Evil Optimus Prime. Considering how evil he was already acting in the other movies,I'm sure that one "the Bay films are actually brilliant" guy's probably high-fiving himself as we speak

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

VolticSurge posted:

OK,I can get behind Evil Optimus Prime. Considering how evil he was already acting in the other movies,I'm sure that one "the Bay films are actually brilliant" guy's probably high-fiving himself as we speak

I'd' almost forgive Bay for everything if he could do this right. Since he's Michael Bay and incapable of making a story work, I'm not holding my breath.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Geostomp posted:

I'd' almost forgive Bay for everything if he could do this right. Since he's Michael Bay and incapable of making a story work, I'm not holding my breath.

It's probably gonna turn out that Prime's being brainwashed or controlled or whatever by Oreo-Bot. This is Bay,after all.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Geostomp posted:

Hold the phone, Bad Boys is an exceptional movie.

Polaron
Oct 13, 2010

The Oncoming Storm

Geostomp posted:

You need to watch Pain & Gain.

Fun fact: Michael Bay also directed the very first Got Milk commercial. Yes, the Aaron Burr peanut butter one.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Pain & Gain is so good I routinely forget it's a Bay film.

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.
If Bay were a cinematographer, he'd be one of the most well respected artists in the business. His shot construction is amazing and though sometimes simple, his dynamic shots are almost impossible to copy.
Instead, he's a director and makes ungodly amounts of money with every film and no one acknowledges his artistic prowess. Boo Hoo

There's a great piece done by an editor called "What is Bayhem" that references Bay watching West Side Story with a journalist, his favorite movie. Bay loves the movement and dynamism in the movie, but can't articulate why or what they mean.
He has no understanding, or even the want to understand, the visual language of film. He just wants things to look dynamic at all times, regardless of whether or not it's appropriate for the narrative. It's why his films are so cluttered and busy, and why his Transformers were over designed abominations. That meant that there could always be more movement in every scene as parts of the Transformers moved around on the moving Transformers

E: Found it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2THVvshvq0Q

The Door Frame fucked around with this message at 17:45 on Dec 11, 2016

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

VolticSurge posted:

I can get behind Evil Optimus Prime.

Actually Evil Optimus Prime is terrifying

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

PoptartsNinja posted:

Well yeah. I mean,I can get behind the idea of Prime snapping due to...space madness? Overwhelming rage at humanity for repeatedly loving everything up? Just a general love of spines?

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker

VolticSurge posted:

Well yeah. I mean,I can get behind the idea of Prime snapping due to...space madness? Overwhelming rage at humanity for repeatedly loving everything up? Just a general love of spines?

Bastards killed Oreobot, man.

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!

PoptartsNinja posted:

Quick, someone shoot him with a violent spine so he gets over this violence to spines phase.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

VolticSurge posted:

Millions of years of war would crack anyone. Bay Optimus doesn't have too far to fall.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Fish Noise posted:

Quick, someone shoot him with a violent spine so he gets over this violence to spines phase.

But then he'd regress right back to violence to faces. You can't exactly shoot someone with a-oh wait:

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues
Yeeeaaaaaah I'm probably not going to see that new one either.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Disappointed in you Roboky.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
I personally do not blame the man

JamieTheD
Nov 4, 2011

LPer, Reviewer, Mad Welshman

(Yes, that's a self portrait)

Coolguye posted:

I personally do not blame the man

I definitely do not blame anyone who chooses not to watch Excessive Jump Cuts, Explosions, and AMURRCA 4 (4? 5? I've lost count): Oh Yeah, There's Some Robots Too, I Guess.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Everyone should see the first one just to see how astonishingly unfocused and meandering it is.

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

DAIJOUBU!! ... Daijoubu ?? ?
Also if you've been enjoying this LP like I have and have a spare $10, the game is on sale for the week on Steam: http://store.steampowered.com/app/338930/

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009
For me it would depend on how drunk I could get in the theatre.

Orv
May 4, 2011
We have a mom and pop theatre here that is basically a restaurant with four movie screens, and they do cool poo poo like $5 all day tickets when they do Hitchcock marathons and stuff like that. I have seen more than a couple movies I went into sober and came out a little drunk, usually in proportion to length:badness.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
The 4th Bayformers film would kill you with alcohol poisoning then.

Orv
May 4, 2011
That was in fact one of them. I walked home, it took a while.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues

Episode 7Youtube | Polsy

New enemies added to their section!

Just as a note, I am wrong about the debut of the Stunticons, they actually came before the Combaticons and are part of the episodes that also introduced the Aerialbots. Also I don't have it done but I will get the lore for this episode screenshot and up as soon as I feel up to it.

Lastly, we won't be doing any episode next week cause the days leading up to Christmas will be a very busy one for me and I suspect all my free time will be spent catching up on sleep or trying to relax.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
Oh man, the Stunticons! I thought they were so cool as a kid. I actually liked their vehicle forms better than their combined form.

e: augh, I forgot Menasor is just Motormaster with the rest glued to his limbs, no wonder I preferred them as the vehicles

Zanzibar Ham fucked around with this message at 14:51 on Dec 15, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

Zanzibar Ham posted:

Oh man, the Stunticons! I thought they were so cool as a kid. I actually liked their vehicle forms better than their combined form.

Stunticons were my favoudite.

I even got a full set when they re-released them in the 90s. my Dead End's legs didn't stay stuck out though. :(

The Aerialbots were, in fact, made as an Autobot response to the Stunticons.

As a bonus, my brothers both liked the Aerialbots, so we had the natural enemies!

• Locked thread