Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beepity Boop
Nov 21, 2012

yay

"I did leave the oven on!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inglonias
Mar 7, 2013

I WILL PUT THIS FLAG ON FREAKING EVERYTHING BECAUSE IT IS SYMBOLIC AS HELL SOMEHOW

I'm sorry. I had to keep the meme train going.

I'm at work right now, so I only have MSPaint, but you can see what I was going for. Anyone with a photo editing program that has layers can do a MUCH better job than this:

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Turns out elf man is into tentacle kink.

ArgumentatumE.C.T.
Nov 5, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Inglonias posted:

I'm sorry. I had to keep the meme train going.

I'm at work right now, so I only have MSPaint, but you can see what I was going for. Anyone with a photo editing program that has layers can do a MUCH better job than this:

K

someone made a gunnerkrigg font

ArgumentatumE.C.T. fucked around with this message at 00:28 on Dec 10, 2016

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

ArgumentatumE.C.T. posted:

someone make a gunnerkrigg font

Go nuts

Inglonias
Mar 7, 2013

I WILL PUT THIS FLAG ON FREAKING EVERYTHING BECAUSE IT IS SYMBOLIC AS HELL SOMEHOW

ArgumentatumE.C.T. posted:

K

someone make a gunnerkrigg font

There you go. Told you.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Potato Salad posted:

Turns out elf man is into tentacle kink.

*sighs, resets the "days since something creepy has been said in GC thread" counter to zero*

Poltergrift
Feb 16, 2014

"When I grow up, I'm gonna be a proper swordsman. One with clothes."
It's kind of weird to see ghost Jeanne with an actual expression that isn't "someone tightened my face from the inside" or "I'm mildly dazed but also trying to impale you."

feetnotes
Jan 29, 2008

ArgumentatumE.C.T.
Nov 5, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm gonna be away from my computer on monday so somebody get paint.net and get ready to keep this train rollin

edit i used the font

ArgumentatumE.C.T. fucked around with this message at 00:29 on Dec 10, 2016

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME
A book arrived.

Night Fox :gonk:

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

Oh gently caress oh gently caress oh gently caress :supaburn:

...is what I've said all chapter but I freak out every time

EDIT: For some reason I'm picturing Elfman giving Annie a knuckle sandwich and giving her an etheric bruise to match her scar.

Combed Thunderclap fucked around with this message at 09:25 on Dec 12, 2016

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

He's got Annie's nose obviously

Tupperwarez
Apr 4, 2004

"phphphphphphpht"? this is what you're going with?

you sure?

Synthbuttrange posted:

He's got Annie's nose obviously
FOOL! He has Jeanne's heart! Her gleaming heart, shiny and chrome! :perfect:

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Huh? Why did that kick Kat out of the Ether?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

she didnt put enough batteries in her thingy

Itzena
Aug 2, 2006

Nothing will improve the way things currently are.
Slime TrainerS

Combed Thunderclap posted:

Oh gently caress oh gently caress oh gently caress :supaburn:

...is what I've said all chapter but I freak out every time

Yeah, this is the point where it all start going horribly wrong; like the elf was actually a spy for the Woods all along and just playing Jeanne for a fool or something.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
What if as a final gift to Jeanne our Green Guy was carrying a Coyote Tooth?

Daius
Sep 10, 2010

The Seed Bismuth

Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.
Meanwhile, from Anni's point of view:

Lunar Suite
Jun 5, 2011

If you love a flower which happens to be on a star, it is sweet at night to gaze at the sky. All the stars are a riot of flowers.

Synthbuttrange posted:

she didnt put enough batteries in her thingy

Etheric Screwdriver.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
It's a thermal detonator.

Arianya
Nov 3, 2009

Kassad posted:

Meanwhile, from Anni's point of view:

This except shes having to dodge and narrowly avoid being crushed to etheric death by shifting gears and assemblies. Basically like the Matrix except the whole thing is collapsing in on you.

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

We're still awaiting Chekhov's gun, Coyote's tooth sword, I expect poo poo to get a lot worse before this chapter is done.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Demiurge4 posted:

We're still awaiting Chekhov's gun, Coyote's tooth sword, I expect poo poo to get a lot worse before this chapter is done.

I suspect we're rapidly approaching the climax of the comic, which makes me both happy and sad.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Elfguy has Tom's cheeto.

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL

Big Boner Stacy posted:

I suspect we're rapidly approaching the climax of the comic, which makes me both happy and sad.

I wouldn't be worried. We still have lots of unresolved stuff with Kat, and this is going to cause all kinds of problems on its own.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.

Big Boner Stacy posted:

What year are they in? I suspect that the comic won't end until they graduate.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I don't think Jeanne is the story's endgame

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

Regy Rusty posted:

I don't think Jeanne is the story's endgame

It's gonna be Coyote. I'm sure his tooth sword will gently caress something up immensely. Like Smitty's strings, Coyote is a god and Jeanne is just a ghost.

Axiem
Oct 19, 2005

I want to leave my mind blank, but I'm terrified of what will happen if I do
What if he's holding the arrow?

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

There's also the fact that the court put Jeanne there for a reason. Once she's gone I'm sure that reason is going to present itself.

Hee hee hee

Daius
Sep 10, 2010

The endgame is the friends we made along the way

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Uthor posted:

Year 10, their fourth, with Annie held back to year 9. Compulsory school ends at the end of year 11. Then there is Sixth Form which lasts two years after that.

Cavelcade
Dec 9, 2015

I'm actually a boy!

Daius posted:

The endgame is the friends we made along the way

Actually that was the real wage labour but thanks for playing.

ConanTheLibrarian
Aug 13, 2004

dis buch is late
Fallen Rib

Uthor posted:

That wouldn't work too well now that they're split across different years. Plus if the comic kept progressing at its current rate, it would be another decade before it finished up. Dunno about you, but I'd find that a discouraging prospect.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

I've been reading Dicebox for seven years now and it's barely half way through book two of a planned four. And the page rate seems to have slowed down a bit. It'll be at least another decade before the story is finished and I'm totally along for the ride.

Just don't take your age and add ten years to it to see how old you'll be once it's over. :smith:

Edit: Image Tom's art in ten years!

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

Uthor posted:

I've been reading Dicebox for seven years now and it's barely half way through book two of a planned four. And the page rate seems to have slowed down a bit. It'll be at least another decade before the story is finished and I'm totally along for the ride.

Just don't take your age and add ten years to it to see how old you'll be once it's over. :smith:

Edit: Image Tom's art in ten years!

The final treatise page will be a Sistine Chapel-style mural. :pcgaming:

Also hello other Dicebox fan. I am obsessed and wish I could win the lottery so I could cover Jenn Manley Lee's salary until she finishes the darn thing.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Combed Thunderclap posted:

Also hello other Dicebox fan. I am obsessed and wish I could win the lottery so I could cover Jenn Manley Lee's salary until she finishes the darn thing.

At least she has a steady job coloring Carla Speed McNeil's art in No Mercy. I'm not in love with the book, but they're a perfect fit.

If you haven't, check out Finder. Same story telling style as Lee's and very good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
I'm guessing he's holding an engagement ring.