Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
I'm lucky in that my FF6 synergy is great and I had some nice mass debuffing. Agrias's Cleansing Strike + Vaan's Ark Blast + Ramza throwing out Full Break + Magic Break made him pretty easy to handle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shock Trooper
Oct 24, 2006

TERROR BALTIMORE
"People are saying that the Ultimate is hard... ehh it can't be that bad, let's just bring the A-team"

...I just wiped on the Ultimate.

what the gently caress.

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

Shock Trooper posted:

"People are saying that the Ultimate is hard... ehh it can't be that bad, let's just bring the A-team"

...I just wiped on the Ultimate.

what the gently caress.

The Ultimate is hard.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

I didn't have any trouble with the Ultimate, but I brought a mage team with well-honed Ixion and Leviathan so I was dishing out plenty of 9999x2. It does start out hectic though, and the damage doesn't really let up, so if you start off slow things can be pretty rough.

Chair In A Basket
Aug 6, 2005

I'm basically Jesus.

Nap Ghost
I did enjoy the first armor one shotting Lightning 6 times in a row with laser.

bilperkins2
Nov 22, 2004

Fashion for Dogz
:france:

I Lifesiphoned the entire first wave with my Beatrix BSB, Firion BSB and Lightning SSB. By the time Round 1 was over I had 2 charges for each, and blasted Beatrix once for the Imperil Holy then Firion twice on Round 2, which ended that, and then Lightning SSB and the other Beatrix BSB on Round 3, which ended both those waves in ~1 round each.

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.
The Ultimate reminds me of that one story dungeon stage that just leads off with Ultima, which made the whole Dungeon a check if your HP is still maxed and if your RES is high enough.

Finishing the last wave in 1 turn with queued up SBs is recommended.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
Ultimate is tougher than the +(including CM with no runic) and ++(though I have two holy BSBs), easily.

Kawalimus fucked around with this message at 17:40 on Dec 12, 2016

ETB
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah, I'm that guy.
What's the census on the new Celerity 6*? Just save the crystals for something else?

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

Yes its trash

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

I always like finding an Ultimate easy and then realizing it went easy on me when I read about other experiences.

On the other hand, there's the times when I get my head kicked in by something supposedly easy and then finding out it just wanted to give me a hard time.

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.

ETB posted:

What's the census on the new Celerity 6*? Just save the crystals for something else?

Save your Crystals. It gives you Haste if you don't have it, and if Hasted it has a higher multiplier. Also has Celerity ability cast speed.

Odds are you're getting Haste from somewhere else already. And if you want a non-elemental DPS ability, you might as well wait for Omega Drive since it's 6* Combat and more people can use it.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

McDragon posted:

On the other hand, there's the times when I get my head kicked in by something supposedly easy and then finding out it just wanted to give me a hard time.

[ASK] me about Ultimate Rufus's Mako Cannon

ParliamentOfDogs
Jan 29, 2009

My genre's thriller... What's yours?
Man, I wish there was a stamp that just said Equip Elemental Resist Accessories with maybe a cute as heck picture of Eiko covered in soot and smoke or something.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

ParliamentOfDogs posted:

Man, I wish there was a stamp that just said Equip Elemental Resist Accessories with maybe a cute as heck picture of Eiko covered in soot and smoke or something.

Actually, just replace every stamp with "Fungaaaaah!" instead.

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.
I want the "For the love of god, don't press Start before everyone in the party is ready" button, but also the "Please get Ready already!" button.

Today's MP horror story was joining a relatively promising looking group as the first non-host. The host mashes Start as soon as four players have joined, before anyone is actually ready. As the end result we get to Ult+ fight with: No source of Hastega, no source of boostga/faithga, no Wall, only one Break user of any kind (my Vaan), just Protectga (me) and only one healer of any kind (still me). Just a pile of Lifesiphons and lovely secondary skills, all doing 1000 damage forever.

That fight did not last long.

Geocities Homepage King
Nov 26, 2007

I have good news, and I have bad news.
Which do you want to hear first...?

Elephant Ambush posted:

Actually, just replace every stamp with "Fungaaaaah!" instead.

Even "Mist Oppurtunity?" You loving monster.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
Mist Opportunity, Sorry so sorry, Lets roll, Fungaaah, Incredible, OK, Thanks, Well Played are all good

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
Also one shot all the raid bosses in a party for minimal stamina usage

Also I've cleaned out every single thing to do except for a single 61 stamina elite dungeon to refresh my stamina off of...

Snazzy Frocks fucked around with this message at 23:28 on Dec 12, 2016

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

:toot:

Getting a holy weak Ult++ is nice when I have a pretty kickin' rad holy team setup now. Weird two white mage setup courtesy of having Selphie's BSB and making her an attacker.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Snazzy Frocks posted:

Mist Opportunity, Sorry so sorry, Lets roll, Fungaaah, Incredible, OK, Thanks, Well Played are all good

Hellllllppppp! And No Worries go on this list as well, IMO.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

The only stamp which we'll ever need isn't out yet (it's Liquid Flame Thumbs Up), though Golbez giving the peace sign is pretty good too.

EDIT: These two:

Zurai fucked around with this message at 23:51 on Dec 12, 2016

Boogaloo Shrimp
Aug 2, 2004

The resist stamp should be Dr. Mog, since all his recommendations are resisted.

Star Platinum
May 5, 2010
Multiplayer is seriously my favorite type of content in the game right now, they've struck a good balance with the difficulty so far and it's fun to see people use a bunch of different SBs and go "Incredible!" when you bust out your own favorite toys. :3:

Inge
Jan 16, 2007
SERIOUSLY THATS DISGUSTING I'M TRYING TO EAT
So I just found something, not sure if it's widely known, but if you accidentally wipe on a boss in a story dungeon, if you S/L, you re-enter the battle dead and you potentially lose the stamina for the whole dungeon.

If you, however, suspend and reload the same account into an emulator or another device, it kicks you back to the previous stage, and you only lose the stamina from the boss battle.

Its probably not unbelievably useful, but if you tend to autobattle through story dungeons and get distracted, it might save a bit of stamina if you accidentally turn off auto or come across particularly nasty trash.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Oh cool, nightmare is here time to do a 100 gem and get some tr--

:aaaaa:

Holy poo poo my first OSB. Hell yeah!

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

Snazzy Frocks posted:

Yeah I'm very pleased with the stickers, especially the opportunities for sarcasm

Edit: Is this Nightmare banner worth an 11 pull?

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

triplexpac posted:

Yeah I'm very pleased with the stickers, especially the opportunities for sarcasm

Edit: Is this Nightmare banner worth an 11 pull?

There's no guarantees that the item you get will be good. On one hand you could win forever like the goon above you did, but on the other, you could get Tidus's very first relic. (The Brotherhood is not good, not even as a statstick.) Or you could get Lightning's Enlightning SB that.... doesn't have any damage attached or anything.

There's a fair amount of bad relics on this Lucky Draw, so it's up to you if it's worth the gamble.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

KataraniSword posted:

There's a fair amount of bad relics on this Lucky Draw, so it's up to you if it's worth the gamble.
I checked the relic list in game; none of the plain Unique SB relics are on it, it's just Supers, Bursts, and Apocalypse (X) as the sole OSB.
Sentinel's Grimoire is also gone due to this.

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

Oh goodie loving Brynhildr is back in the 160 slot, I sure am looking forward to that horseshit boss.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Man what is the deal with endgame battles where you have to S/L five times to get through the first round without somebody being instantly gibbed by multiple attacks that do 90% of their max HP at level 80-99 with synergy armor

Why do they keep doing this and why do I keep playing it

ParliamentOfDogs
Jan 29, 2009

I didn't think I'd be tempted but that is a hell of a lot of bursts on that banner without uniques diluting the pool. Like 8 I think. Vaan, Rikku, Tidus, Locke, Shadow, Tyro, Zidane and Lightning.

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.

ParliamentOfDogs posted:

I didn't think I'd be tempted but that is a hell of a lot of bursts on that banner without uniques diluting the pool. Like 8 I think. Vaan, Rikku, Tidus, Locke, Shadow, Tyro, Zidane and Lightning.

poo poo, I have like 4 mythril left after viii. Well time to go farming I guess.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

wizard on a water slide posted:

Why do they keep doing this and why do I keep playing it

This was about the Ultimate and now that I've had a run where I actually get to set up without someone dying on phase 1 I hate it even more

Final Fantasy RNG Keeper FTW

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

ParliamentOfDogs posted:

Unless we see them on Fests, it's also the last opportunity to get Ark Blast for 6+ months.

ParliamentOfDogs
Jan 29, 2009

Leila's gloves are multi hit damage plus atk/res buff and debuff. That sounds insanely useful. Have those shown up before?

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
Full list of 5* and above relics according to the in-game list:

Apocalypse (X) - Tidus Overstrike (Energy Rain)
Rikku's Dagger (X) - Rikku Burst (Machinations)
Ichigeki (VI) - Shadow Super (Shadow Fang)
Orichalcum (IX) - Zidane Super (Shift Break)
Orichalcum Dirk (XII) - Vaan Burst (Ark Blast)
Valiant Knife (VI) - Locke Super (Valiant Strike)
Thief's Knife (VI) - Locke Burst (Mirage Phoenix)
Air Knives (XIV) - Thancred Super (Jin-Chi-Ten)
Apocalypse (VII) - Zack Super (Apocalypse)
Force Sabre (X) - Tidus Super (Jecht Shot)
Razzmatazz (X) - Tidus Burst (Abes All-Star)
The Ogre (IX) - Zidane Burst (Stellar Circle 5)
Overture (XIII) - Lightning Burst (Requiem of the Goddess)
Kagenui (XII) - Vaan Super (Pyroclasm)
Sasuke's Katana (IV) - Edge Super (Inferno)
Koga Blade (VI) - Shadow Burst (Shuriken Storm)
Force Knuckles (X) - Rikku Super (Master Thief)
Light Rod (VII) - Reno Super (Turk Bombshell)
Traitor's Bow (XII) - Fran Super (Mist Overload)
Yoichi Bow (XII) - Fran Super (Pinpoint)
Last Judgement Grimoire (Core) - Tyro Super (Last Judgement Grimoire)
Keeper's Tome (Core) - Tyro Burst (Keeper's Tome)
Peacemaker (XIII) - Lightning Super (Crushing Blow)
Shiny Thing (VI) - Gau Super (Meteor Rage)
Thief's Gloves (II) - Leila Super (Pirate's Knives)

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

YoshiOfYellow posted:

Oh cool, nightmare is here time to do a 100 gem and get some tr--

:aaaaa:

Holy poo poo my first OSB. Hell yeah!

Tidus OSB is extra good because unlike most OSB weapons, it's + water in every realm. Hone Sapphire Shot for good measure (or PC/FC, or Northern Cross) and throw some Rosetta stones in that bad boy and Tidus can go everywhere with it.

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

I would have pulled on this banner if I didn't have Vaan's BSB

As it is I'm sitting on my 150 mythril until OSBfest/XIV :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cape Cod Crab Chip
Feb 20, 2011

Now you don't have to suck meat from an exoskeleton!
no no NO you do NOT put a filtered banner with Apocalypse X and Orichalcum Dirk in the game for me to pull on before the festival and the XIV banners you piece of poo poo game :mad:

• Locked thread