Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

lmao are there seriously people trying to turn star wars into a political dog whistle?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Agean90 posted:

lmao are there seriously people trying to turn star wars into a political dog whistle?

You must be new here.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Dapper_Swindler posted:

nerds(even lefty ones like me and my friends) arnt seeing it for some rainbow brigade progressive badge bullshit, we are seeing it so we can watch darth vader slaughter a bunch of fuckers including hopefully some main character. no one in this movie will be around for the sequels and yeah no poo poo it will be the same, but the WOKEoff brigade is looking for "deep" poo poo and i am sure they will get "triggered" by something, probably because its too violent or some poo poo.

Did you just spoiler-tag a series of 20+-year-old movies?

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

Agean90 posted:

That game's already been played son.

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Internet Nazis boycott star wars and go see Loving instead, and root for Virginia

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib
One less woman in politics: Wonder Woman loses job as UN ambassador

quote:

Wonder Woman’s tenure as a United Nations honorary ambassador will come to an abrupt end on Friday, less than two months after the appointment of the comic book character sparked outcries of protest.

Plans had called for the use of Wonder Woman in an empowerment campaign for women and girls into 2017, according to the comic book’s publisher, but the character’s role is ending this week, a UN spokesman said on Monday.

Nearly 45,000 people signed an online petition asking the UN secretary general, Ban Ki-moon, to reconsider.

“Although the original creators may have intended Wonder Woman to represent a strong and independent ‘warrior’ woman with a feminist message, the reality is that the character’s current iteration is that of a large breasted, white woman of impossible proportions, scantily clad in a shimmery, thigh-baring body suit,” the petition read.

The UN did not provide further details as to why the Wonder Woman campaign was ending this week, but spokesman Jeffrey Brez said campaigns using fictional characters often lasted no longer than a few months.

The designation of Angry Birds, a collection of animated characters that originated in an online video game, as UN climate change envoys in March lasted a single day, he said.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Subjunctive posted:

Did you just spoiler-tag a series of 20+-year-old movies?

i was spoiler taging the new one but yeah, it was dumb.

lol. these people are their own worst enemies. so basicaly a fictional character the WOKE-offs wanted became an ambassador, but then the sex negative WOKES wanted it canceled. lol but none of them fight sexism/bigotry going on in other countries because that would go against their paternalistic ideas.

Dapper_Swindler has issued a correction as of 00:34 on Dec 13, 2016

Oh Hell No
Oct 10, 2007

I've got the world on a string.

wasn't the original Wonder Woman modeled after the creator and his wife's poly fucktoy

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
They called it swinging in those days.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Oh Hell No posted:

wasn't the original Wonder Woman modeled after the creator and his wife's poly fucktoy

yeah, and her weakness was his fetish cause he was really into bondage.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Oh Hell No posted:

she was modeled after a specific style of pinup art at the time.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Bip Roberts posted:

I don't think the white bro anti racist collective coined the term.

so what

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

lol loving what

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

lol seriously.

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

lol loving what

sex negative wokes vs sex postive wokes.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Dapper_Swindler posted:

lol seriously.

Well that's tasteless to get pissy about, at least they're protesting violence. That name doesn't sound too familiar I must have missed that case. Let me just google it and conveniently disable my delete key to keep from changing this post.

Oh what the gently caress.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

lmao

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Well that's tasteless to get pissy about, at least they're protesting violence. That name doesn't sound too familiar I must have missed that case. Let me just google it and conveniently disable my delete key to keep from changing this post.

I know, right?

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Tatum Girlparts posted:

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

I know, right?

like i understand why you protests the murders tamir rice and Walter Scott and others who were clearly either straight up executed or shot because the cop was a retard.

but why defend that gently caress face terrorist or assholes like jamar clark who was attacking his GF while the ambulance attendants were trying to help her after he beat the gently caress out of her on the street. i am not saying killing them was right, but when you are attacking a paramedic so you can punch your girlfriend more. what the gently caress do you expect.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

I dunno you could chill out about what people call themselves or not and have a private meltdown about it or whatever it a free country mang

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Dapper_Swindler posted:

like i understand why you protests the murders tamir rice and Walter Scott and others who were clearly either straight up executed or shot because the cop was a retard.

but why defend that gently caress face terrorist or assholes like jamar clark who was attacking his GF while the ambulance attendants were trying to help her after he beat the gently caress out of her on the street. i am not saying killing them was right, but when you are attacking a paramedic so you can punch your girlfriend more. what the gently caress do you expect.

Pretty much, you can certainly make a point that there are more non-violent options that should be made the default rather than shooting, but maybe that point shouldn't be made by comparing him to guys who were killed by cops for literally just being black dudes existing.

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008

Dapper_Swindler posted:

I'm sure these scholars have an airtight argument for why there can never be a justifiable use of force against black bodies. I wouldn't worry about it.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Dapper_Swindler posted:

lol. these people are their own worst enemies. so basicaly a fictional character the WOKE-offs wanted became an ambassador, but then the sex negative WOKES wanted it canceled. lol but none of them fight sexism/bigotry going on in other countries because that would go against their paternalistic ideas.

Actually it was probably Warner Brothers who made her an ambassador to promote the upcoming Wonder Woman movie. The whole thing is one big marketing exercise, just like most internet politics bullshit these days

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Wow, really dumb move for this brand. They should stick to what they do best and avoid politics.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

What's the brand in this one?

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Quick Draw McGraw posted:

Actually it was probably Warner Brothers who made her an ambassador to promote the upcoming Wonder Woman movie. The whole thing is one big marketing exercise, just like most internet politics bullshit these days

that doesnt surprise me. WB has been pretty retarded about marketing of late.

Atrocious Joe posted:

Wow, really dumb move for this brand. They should stick to what they do best and avoid politics.

idk. the College BLM groups have hurt BLM alot in my mind. its one thing to to be protesting the murders of young men on street by cops, its retarded just bitch about history classes or that a building is named after a man whos last name was lynch.

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

Dapper_Swindler posted:

yeah, and her weakness was his fetish cause he was really into bondage.

Same tbh

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Agean90 posted:

this isn't even a new target for right-wing cultural purists. there were people complaining how Episode III was anti-Bush when it came out in 2005

gucci bane
Oct 27, 2008

https://gt.foreignpolicy.com/2016/category/the-artists?48bc61e167=

this whole list

not so much the people themselves, I just like the edgy little descriptions

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

For the sweet embrace of death.

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

get that OUT of my face posted:

this isn't even a new target for right-wing cultural purists. there were people complaining how Episode III was anti-Bush when it came out in 2005

Every form of popular media was anti Bush in 2005, that's what made it popular

Trumpenproletariat
Nov 26, 2016

by zen death robot

Unless posted:

on topic:

I think you've got the right idea

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-AkB5qi1r4Q

Trumpenproletariat has issued a correction as of 06:14 on Dec 13, 2016

Fiction
Apr 28, 2011

Dapper_Swindler posted:

that doesnt surprise me. WB has been pretty retarded about marketing of late.

idk. the College BLM groups have hurt BLM alot in my mind. its one thing to to be protesting the murders of young men on street by cops, its retarded just bitch about history classes or that a building is named after a man whos last name was lynch.

shut up dumbass nobody cares

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

What would that even look like? I mean with no swastikas or anything too obvious but enough signifiers that an alt-right consumer would recognize it.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Sebadoh Gigante posted:

What would that even look like? I mean with no swastikas or anything too obvious but enough signifiers that an alt-right consumer would recognize it.

Apparently they never said neo-nazi, that was edited in later

So basically "alt-right type" which doesn't mean anything because nobody even kniws what an alt right looks like other than apparently a cartoon frog

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

Quick Draw McGraw posted:

Apparently they never said neo-nazi, that was edited in later

So basically "alt-right type" which doesn't mean anything because nobody even kniws what an alt right looks like other than apparently a cartoon frog

Maybe something like this?

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven

Munchables
Feb 8, 2015

Ask/tell me about legal cannibalism

Guys, we need to rise up and fight for the wolf of the North.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

I thought daily stormer was a serious site :confused:

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
its a neo nazi hate site what do you expect?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I think these neo nazis might be stupid or something!