Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

This is right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

LesterGroans posted:

This is right.

Tokyo drift :colbert:

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

Tunicate posted:

Tokyo drift :colbert:

Tokyo Drift is 3. Unless you're saying they should only watch Tokyo Drift.

Disharmony
Dec 29, 2000

Like a hundred crippled horses lying crumpled on the ground

Begging for a rifle to come and put them down

raditts posted:

Double sold for Statham being a potential permanent member of the crew. Not sure how they'll reconcile that with all the murder, but I'm sure they'll find a way.

Vegeta has a wife and son and is the hero's best friend, and that franchise isn't half as ridiculous as this.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

So now they have three aggressive bald men whose loyalty may or may not be guaranteed? At least we can trust Tej and Roman.

Pingiivi
Mar 26, 2010

Straight into the iris!
That "we're gonna need a bigger truck!"-line was cheap as gently caress but it got me. This is going to be dope.

VagueRant
May 24, 2012
I like that the new title has added to the insane titling pattern of the series that it LOOKED like they were finally getting on a sensible track. Because numbers were too simple!

Now it goes:
The Fast and the Furious
2 Fast 2 Furious
The Fast and the Furious Tokyo Drift
Fast And Furious
Fast Five (alternatively Fast and Furious 5)
(Fast and) Furious 6
Furious 7 (alternatively known as Fast 7, Fast & Furious 7 or The Fast and the Furious 7)
The Fate Of The Furious (now starring Furiosa)

VagueRant fucked around with this message at 11:15 on Dec 12, 2016

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

... is the pun 'F8 of the Furious' ? Did they rename the movie for an easier hashtag?

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

CeeJee posted:

Final end boss.

That trailer was amazing in every way. It's got all the stuff we know and love and still throws in a bunch of huge twists with Helen Mirren's role still completely unknown.

I was thinking of this one. But, to be fair, I forgot about the one you posted.

The highlight of the series to me is Djimon Honsou yelling 'WHAT?' with increasing disbelief as the insanity gets ratcheted up.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

Tiger posted:

I've never watched a single F&F movie but I've seen the last few trailers, and drat if this isn't the last straw. I just moved into a new apartment where I'm setting up the main room with three couches and a projector for maximum movie night capacity. What's the viewing order for my Christmas marathon?

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 3

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 , and then 2 again to make sure that 2 was not a fever dream. Point Break, then the first film again.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
I'm guessing the next movies will somehow get them to the moon to race then time travel back to race next to dinosaurs.

I would say it's crazy but somehow they would pull it off.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Digital Jedi posted:

I'm guessing the next movies will somehow get them to the moon to race then time travel back to race next to dinosaurs.

Dom and crew (now with Nic Cage and Tom Cruise) have to go back in time to preserve humanity's most distant relative: The Neanderthal.
Fast 10.000 B.C. - Family goes way back

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

People have always hypothesised about a 2space2furious (or lunar drift) movie but I think that's underestimating how much of the audience is car people who really get pumped about seeing real cars. Even that trailer had a lot of focus on the Charger and the Lambo. My cynical prediction is that when it gets too crazy to believe they'll do a 'back to basics' arc to reground the series.

That said, I desperately want to see the Charger modded to be able to powerslide in a vacuum.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.

Snowman_McK posted:

I was thinking of this one. But, to be fair, I forgot about the one you posted.

The highlight of the series to me is Djimon Honsou yelling 'WHAT?' with increasing disbelief as the insanity gets ratcheted up.

Yeah he was amazing. He was like a Bond villain thrown into the FF movies who had to adapt to the ridiculous poo poo around him.

"I'm going to steal this surveillance unit and spy on the world!!!!!!"
"Sir The Rock shot our drone down with a mini gun."
"?????"

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
I was thinking about it, I genuinely enjoy the entire series, with the exception of 4 which is kinda tepid, but sets up for the back half of the franchise.

1 is Point Break with cars
2 is like a Japanese game show with cars
3 is like a sports/Karate Kid movie with cars
4 is the transition movie
And the rest are just amazing, straight action/adventure/comedies.

VagueRant
May 24, 2012

Coffee And Pie posted:

2 is like a Japanese game show with cars
Can you explain this one to me?

I think 2-4 are worth watching just for the sake of novelty and getting the most out of the series. 1 is probably alright (it's been a while). 5 and 6 are legit great movies.

Gotta be honest, I thought 7 was really disappointing. And the amount of gunplay and explosions in the trailer for F8 has me worried they're leaning too far in that direction. I don't need it to be all cars or scaled down or anything. But Dom Toretto is way more interesting when he's punching dudes or dragging giant cartoon safes through densely populated cities behind his muscle car - not when he's blowing faceless mooks away with call of duty assault rifles like every other generic action movie.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

Coffee And Pie posted:

I was thinking about it, I genuinely enjoy the entire series, with the exception of 4 which is kinda tepid, but sets up for the back half of the franchise.

Yea other than the intro, which is great, I don't revisit 4 much. It's clearly a movie that exists to put all these disparate pieces back into place.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

VagueRant posted:

Can you explain this one to me?

It's very bright and colorful and surreal.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

2 is where the craziness first gets a big boost. It ramps up the stunts, colourful locations, weirdo characters and homoeroticism a huge amount from the first movie. The first film is very grounded in comparison. Stealing home electronics is replaced with a CIA-backed plan to take down high level drug dealers. It's a 'more serious' topic but it's handled in such a cartoonish way it's remarkable.

The homoeroticism was totally lost on me the first time I saw it, but on repeat viewings, it's a pretty gay movie.

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM
Why does Charlize Theron not age? I mean TRIAL AND ERROR was 20 frickin years ago, but...

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

well why not posted:

The homoeroticism was totally lost on me the first time I saw it, but on repeat viewings, it's a pretty gay movie.

Roman calls "dibs" on a Tawnee Stone-class Eclipse convertible with a vinyl wrap.

PassTheRemote
Mar 15, 2007

Number 6 holds The Village record in Duck Hunt.

The first one to kill :laugh: wins.
In that trailer, those cables, were they trying to draw and quarter a car?

I will be there first day, because this movie will pay for Vin Diesel's other insane movies and maybe a Riddick Movie.

Alehkhs
Oct 6, 2010

The Sorrow of Poets

PassTheRemote posted:

In that trailer, those cables, were they trying to draw and quarter a car?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LXvgWxqL4Rw&t=54s

They're trying to catch him as though he were a wild prey. The shot of him on the frozen bluff could easily be a shot of a wolf. Or a tigon

PassTheRemote posted:

I will be there first day, because this movie will pay for Vin Diesel's other insane movies and maybe a Riddick Movie.

:hfive:

He's already announced that another Riddick film is on the way. Also, a TV show following the Merc culture of the Riddick underverse universe.

Alehkhs fucked around with this message at 17:20 on Dec 12, 2016

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

One of several cool things about those claws in that Dom-wrangling scene is that it's tech the team has incorporated from its enemies, Mega Man style. The first Shaw uses the claw, then Tej gets ahold of it and upgrades it (and then makes a few more).

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
They should do a remake of Armageddon, but as a crossover with the Fast & Furious franchise. I think it would totally work, at this point we can believe this crew can do anything.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Basebf555 posted:

They should do a remake of Armageddon, but as a crossover with the Fast & Furious franchise. I think it would totally work, at this point we can believe this family can do anything.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

TheScott2K posted:

Roman calls "dibs" on a Tawnee Stone-class Eclipse convertible with a vinyl wrap.

What's a Tawnee Stone-class ?

I'm a big fan of how Roman is constantly nagging O'Connor to ignore Eva Mendes' character. It comes across as so jealous I'd be amazed if this was unintentional. In the other films, he's usually designated the 'distraction' - does this mean that O'Connor finds him 'impossible to ignore' ?

edit: Tyrese is a twice-over NY Times bestselling author?!!?

well why not fucked around with this message at 19:36 on Dec 12, 2016

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

well why not posted:

What's a Tawnee Stone-class ?

I'm a big fan of how Roman is constantly nagging O'Connor to ignore Eva Mendes' character. It comes across as so jealous I'd be amazed if this was unintentional. In the other films, he's usually designated the 'distraction' - does this mean that O'Connor finds him 'impossible to ignore' ?

edit: Tyrese is a twice-over NY Times bestselling author?!!?

Tyrese was once super stoked because someone was sharing heaps of his music on Twitter. Some very nice super fan called 'Pandora.'

It was not a person.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Tyrese now sell jeeps from his company that he named after Voltron.

Digital Jedi posted:

Alehkhs posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LXvgWxqL4Rw&t=54s

They're trying to catch him as though he were a wild prey. The shot of him on the frozen bluff could easily be a shot of a wolf. Or a tigon

A reminder that Jurassic Park and F&F are both Universal IPs.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Zedd posted:

Dom and crew (now with Nic Cage and Tom Cruise) have to go back in time to preserve humanity's most distant relative: The Neanderthal.
Fast 10.000 B.C. - Family goes way back

well why not posted:

People have always hypothesised about a 2space2furious (or lunar drift) movie but I think that's underestimating how much of the audience is car people who really get pumped about seeing real cars. Even that trailer had a lot of focus on the Charger and the Lambo. My cynical prediction is that when it gets too crazy to believe they'll do a 'back to basics' arc to reground the series.

That said, I desperately want to see the Charger modded to be able to powerslide in a vacuum.

"Dom, we have to go back in time!"

"Get ready to drift around the sun."

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

well why not posted:

People have always hypothesised about a 2space2furious (or lunar drift) movie but I think that's underestimating how much of the audience is car people who really get pumped about seeing real cars.

Elon Musk cameo in Fast 9, problem solved

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I want to see Dom drift Elon Musk's Hyperloop. the entire concrete superstructure, not the actual traincar

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
I want an extended scene with two massive armies of cars charging into each other like knights. Kind of like that scene in TLOTR The Return of the King when Theoden and the Rohirrim charge into battle at Pelennor Fields. But with cars.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Ah poo poo the Hyperloop is a giant mech, and it has to fight the literal Wall of China ancient dragon transformer in the FF/TF crossover film

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010
I think the most revealing thing about this film is that wrecking ball scene, with a dozen cars being pancaked by it in a moment. In the lastest Bourne movie, the one with the really imaginitive title, there's a comparable stunt that's the high point of the climatic car chase (and it's bloody spectacular) in this, it's in the first twenty seconds of the first trailer.

I cannot loving wait.

Asteroid Alert
Oct 24, 2012

BINGO!
Ice Break will be the first Wild Speed I will pay money to go see at a theater.

(The previous ones I've seen on TV or rented)

Alehkhs
Oct 6, 2010

The Sorrow of Poets
In Fast&Furious: Street Ba11ers, the team must stop a nuclear device from being detonated during the World Cup. Roman, in his accidental brilliance, hides the device inside a zorb during the opening celebrations...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vce7Z9ziAjs&t=22s

Patrick Spens
Jul 21, 2006

"Every quarterback says they've got guts, But how many have actually seen 'em?"
Pillbug
HOLY poo poo THEY GET CHASED BY A SUBMARINE.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

You guys are all wrong about the viewing order.

Better Luck Tomorrow
That short prequel thing on the disc for 4
The after credits scene from 6

• Locked thread