Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

Sinners Sandwich posted:

I only glanced at the spoiler for a second but

Of course I have to loving play Revalations first *grumble*

Probably not. But it's a good game regardless.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

you shut your whore mouth
Don't get me wrong, I loved all the boulder punching and suplexing.

They've certainly advertised RE7 to appeal to people that didn't though.

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler
its me, im the wet blanket that thought boulder punching was dumb

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

boy are my arms tired posted:

its me, im the wet blanket that thought boulder punching was dumb
"Boy are my arms tired" is probably what Chris was thinking after he punched that boulder.

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

RE4 had suplexing too, let us not forget Leon's wrasslin' skills

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Sinners Sandwich posted:

You should play it anyway cause its a good game. :colbert:

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i just wanna perform wrestling moves on a monster made out of shadows. if they can be shot then obviously they can be suplexed.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Sinners Sandwich posted:

In the future you shouldn't base assumptions on things you only got a partial glance at because no you don't.

You should though.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Revelations is way good and a surprisingly well done pc port. Rev2 is also major ownage and my favorite from the past few releases. I think 7 is gonna be sweet too

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

How bad am I for playing REV 2 single player? I don't have friends that are active the same time I am and I kind of don't want to rush things, also no voice chat.

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

People are supposed to get hurt by things. It's fucked up to not. It's not good for you.

Raxivace posted:

While we're on the topic of Silent Hill, what's the best way to check those games out? I think heard that the HD collection was bad, but that a patch fixed it?

Under absolutely no circumstances should you ever play the HD collection, it is garbage and the patch didn't help very much.

Play the originals on PS1/2 or PC. HD collection is a waste of time and money.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

Raxivace posted:

"Boy are my arms tired" is probably what Chris was thinking after he punched that boulder.

I would think he would be more concerned about his smashed up hands and fingers

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Sinners Sandwich posted:

How bad am I for playing REV 2 single player? I don't have friends that are active the same time I am and I kind of don't want to rush things, also no voice chat.

Well you aren't playing online co-op either way. It's fun as a single player game

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
all that french info sounds good, real good. hoping that the shop trailer thing has the re4 merchant in it. (or the mullet guy, OR BOTH) also kinda hope this game still has mercs/raid mode of some kind once you beat it.

the stuff about it only being chapter 3 we've seen so far is great and makes me think we will see proper zombies and other characters after all at another location, given all that asset poo poo that got leaked awhile back (i think its in this thread somewhere, the one with the dude with a mullet and the zombie looking models. plus the fact it seems he gets the gun and shotgun and other poo poo in chapter 3 alone. maybe each chapter is a different character/enemy like re6 but, you know, not a clusterfuck. i doubt this but it would be funny if they managed to keep that secret as gently caress.

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Vikar Jerome posted:

all that french info sounds good, real good. hoping that the shop trailer thing has the re4 merchant in it. (or the mullet guy, OR BOTH) also kinda hope this game still has mercs/raid mode of some kind once you beat it.

the stuff about it only being chapter 3 we've seen so far is great and makes me think we will see proper zombies and other characters after all at another location, given all that asset poo poo that got leaked awhile back (i think its in this thread somewhere, the one with the dude with a mullet and the zombie looking models. plus the fact it seems he gets the gun and shotgun and other poo poo in chapter 3 alone. maybe each chapter is a different character/enemy like re6 but, you know, not a clusterfuck. i doubt this but it would be funny if they managed to keep that secret as gently caress.

I love it when games do stuff like that, only showing one part in the promotional stuff. MGS4 for example, looked like the game was going to be all that Iraq/Afghanistan area, but then you go to other continents etc. For most of the promotional stuff before release-time anyway.

And on the other idea unadvertised protagonists, that reminds me of MGS too. Would be cool.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

imagine Boulder punching in VR.

Electromax
May 6, 2007
RE is just adopting the ways of all the dead Konami franchises.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Electromax posted:

RE is just adopting the ways of all the dead Konami franchises.
I can't wait to see what it takes from Zone of the Enders.

The Dark Id
Aug 13, 2005

Why
you
know
I
LOVE
THIS SHIT !!!!
[citation needed]
It's time for Ark Thompson to make his big come back.

opulent fountain
Aug 13, 2007

Vikar Jerome posted:

also kinda hope this game still has mercs/raid mode of some kind once you beat it..[/spoiler]

This is my dream.

I wish they would make a full mercs game that isn't on the 3DS. It's the only reason I bought RE6 and I don't regret it a single bit.

Also, speaking of Revelations, it might be a good game but it has some of the worst characters in the whole series.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
Are you saying Action Movie Conan O'brien was a bad character?

opulent fountain
Aug 13, 2007

Momomo posted:

Are you saying Action Movie Conan O'brien was a bad character?

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Action Conan is way better than anyone introduced in RE3 except maybe Carlos.

opulent fountain
Aug 13, 2007

Raxivace posted:

Action Conan is way better than anyone introduced in RE3 except maybe Carlos.

Nemesis is way better than Action Conan.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

a harpy posted:

Nemesis is way better than Action Conan.
No he isn't.

opulent fountain
Aug 13, 2007

Raxivace posted:

No he isn't.

In all seriousness, he's okay in the 3DS version. The remaster of the game just made his face look like some weird hosed up mannequin. But REvelations was really hard for me to get through because I hated all of the new characters introduced. I'm glad I did because it's an awesome game and Raid mode is one of the best things in the series.

opulent fountain fucked around with this message at 04:39 on Dec 13, 2016

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Don't you mean REvelaitions?

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

Did it say that on all of the spines or was that just for the console release?

SirDrone
Jul 23, 2013

I am so sick of these star wars
I hope whatever explanation it is for these new abominations it's the T-Rhodey Virus.

SirDrone fucked around with this message at 06:18 on Dec 13, 2016

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Aces High posted:

Did it say that on all of the spines or was that just for the console release?

Just the original 3DS pressing. The console release was years later and I think they had caught it by then.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Raymond is fine except for his hair so he's fine overall. I wish I could say that the only thing wrong with Jessica was her weird diving suit. If you hate on Parker we need to have some words. I can give or take Clive. Comedic relief characters 1 and 2 can never show up again, thank you.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Please don't speak ill of the one butt cheek diving suit.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I still have my misspelled box art. :thumbsup:

Son Ryo
Jun 13, 2007
Excuse me, do you know where Saiyans hang out?

Kibayasu posted:

Raymond is fine except for his hair so he's fine overall. I wish I could say that the only thing wrong with Jessica was her weird diving suit. If you hate on Parker we need to have some words. I can give or take Clive. Comedic relief characters 1 and 2 can never show up again, thank you.

No way! Quint and Keith were the best thing about that game, except offering to buy people lunch over and over in Raid Mode.

That said, I would like to see more stuff tie into whatever the hell was going on with the ending.

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

I wonder what the RE2 remake is going to be like. For me RE2 didn't really need one, since I've felt the Dreamcast version still looks great, plus it was ported to Gamecube and PC. Felt like it aged better than RE1.

I imagine a remake will go for a darker and more realistic tone, they usually don't seem to remember the appeal of the 90s cartoony vibe when doing a remake. At least going by FF7. Still fun that they're doing a remake, just hope they remember what a kooky fun adventure RE2 is when approaching this remake. Granted the Lickers jump scare is pretty solid, not saying I want the remake to be totally wacky. But I would not be against it being wacky. Campy at least.

Y
Sep 29, 2004

it's time to step up
RE2 had plenty of camp but it was played dead serious. I don't want a wacky, zany RE2.

I think everyone is hoping it's pretty much exactly like REmake 1, where they just polish the gently caress out of it graphically, remix the layout and put stuff in to throw off returning players, and add one or two extra elements to concern yourself with like the crimson heads.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

RE2 was already pretty zany. Like Tofu didn't come out of nowhere.

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Y posted:

RE2 had plenty of camp but it was played dead serious. I don't want a wacky, zany RE2.

I think everyone is hoping it's pretty much exactly like REmake 1, where they just polish the gently caress out of it graphically, remix the layout and put stuff in to throw off returning players, and add one or two extra elements to concern yourself with like the crimson heads.

Taking yourself dead serious is the best camp, but I guess that'd be unintentional camp. Campy isn't the right word, but having the fun of some of those 80s movies like say Demons (Demoni) or something, rather than the tone of say The Exorcist. Not talking about like the movie Machete sort of thing. In general I just hope they don't give it say the tone of those CG movies with Leon, which I just found kinda drab and missing some of the charm. There are a lot of adjectives to choose from, not saying it should be a full on parody, I just think there's a magic to the game that I hope they keep. And also that the art style maybe be a fun one.

And it's nutty to think about how REmake is in the ballpark of being as old as RE2 (14 years). For better or worse, the game Capcom makes in 2017 probably will be different than REmake, but who knows.

Raxivace posted:

RE2 was already pretty zany. Like Tofu didn't come out of nowhere.

Also true, gotta have Tofu

Heavy Metal fucked around with this message at 08:11 on Dec 14, 2016

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

What are we all gonna be calling this RE2 remake? RE2make is dumb, REmake2 implies it's a remake of REmake, RE2 '17 is just a load of hassle.

Anyway it'd better have the dumbfun extras that non-PlayStation versions of RE2 had (such as Hard difficulty and Extreme Battle, everyone forgets about that stuff) and more. poo poo, I'd even take on Real Survival in RE2, and actually make some use of Item Boxes I've ignored since 1998. Invisible Enemy and ODZ can get hosed though, that stuff was fine as a one-off but I really don't like the idea of fighting an Invisible Birkin or being chased around the RPD by an Exploding Brad Vickers. Crimson Heads I can give or take, I think they'd just be more of an annoyance than a legit threat given the number of zombies within the RPD though. Maybe some sort of per-playthrough randomiser which immediately switches any given zombie in a room with a Crimson permanently, but none of that transforming corpse stuff. But most importantly, will Marvin Branagh look like Will Smith?

Regarding Revelations, I still don't know what the gently caress that ending was supposed to tie into or set up and that was three years ago now. Does anyone have anything on that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DanielCross
Aug 16, 2013
If they brought back Alex Wesker, a dangling thread from the RE5 DLC, as a major antagonist (even if only for one game), then I have faith they'll eventually cover the implications of Revelations 1's ending.