Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
homullus
Mar 27, 2009

Spergatory posted:

So, not that anyone actually cares but, uhhh... what happens to Gabe now? Isn't he a minor? Whose last living relatives just took the highway to hell? Are they just gonna... wheel him back to his empty house, give him a pat on the back and wish him good luck?

He becomes the next Ghost Rider in his wheelchair.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Hero of hormagaunts everywhere!
Buglord

homullus posted:

He becomes the next Ghost Rider in his wheelchair.

Alright, I'm onboard for a "Hell on Wheels" arc.

Electromax
May 6, 2007
Now I'm daydreaming about ghost Rider in a wheelchair using his chain whip to rapidly roll and spin between bad guys leaving fiery donuts and melted heads.

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012
I imagine this conversation would happen at some point.

:v: "Hey, Ghost Rider, if you can instantly heal all my other injuries, why can't you heal my legs?"
:skeltal: "It's cooler this way."
:v: "...good point."
:supaburn:
:black101:

homullus
Mar 27, 2009

Electromax posted:

Now I'm daydreaming about ghost Rider in a wheelchair using his chain whip to rapidly roll and spin between bad guys leaving fiery donuts and melted heads.

I feel like he needs to kind of transform and have legs that end in giant flaming wheels, a Segway Centaur from Hell.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Spergatory posted:

:v: "Hey, Ghost Rider, if you can instantly heal all my other injuries, why can't you heal my legs?"
:skeltal: "Pre-existing condition."
:v: "Thanks, Obama!"
:argh:

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Phylodox posted:

Spergatory posted:

:skeltal: "Pre-existing condition."
:v: "Thanks, Obama!"
:argh:

:drat:

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

RareAcumen posted:

This made me go on a wiki search and I just found out that J.A.R.V.I.S. is also Vision. Which is just kinda...huh.

It's even stranger when you realize J.A.R.V.I.S. was based on a mind scan of his father's butler, the actual Jarvis. It's kind of a shame Vision only shows up in the huge movies, as a result, because man that's got to be a mind gently caress.

A xerox of a xerox.

Spergatory posted:

They didn't though? I'm pretty sure she always ends up back where she started at the end of every speedy sequence.

They really did get it wrong this time though, she was in speed-mode way too long.

I won't even argue it was for effect reasons, because the second time, it would have been cooler to see her ping-ponging to deal with each thing rather than dealing with it all in a single run; I'm sure there's a million ways they could have visualized this (like showing them all happening at once in a blur or the like).

Her power worked in a very specific way up until now, and unshackling her actually hurts the uniqueness of it.

Blazing Ownager fucked around with this message at 22:07 on Dec 9, 2016

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

Blazing Ownager posted:

You sick bastard, I wouldn't do that to anybody

ED: Seriously that show makes regular Walking Dead look like the best show in the history of TV, holy poo poo, it's bad in a train wreck kind of way or we'd quit a while ago

Honestly, I quit months ago. When TV Johnny Depp was at that camp where people were feeding themselves to zombies. It's actually pretty impressive, I'll watch some unmitigated garbage but Fear was just a bridge too far to me. The premise could have been good too, and no comic baggage but nahhhhh.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE posted:

Honestly, I quit months ago. When TV Johnny Depp was at that camp where people were feeding themselves to zombies. It's actually pretty impressive, I'll watch some unmitigated garbage but Fear was just a bridge too far to me. The premise could have been good too, and no comic baggage but nahhhhh.

Believe it or not, it got worse.

Speaking of which Chris had the funniest loving death in the universe though. Like an evil Leroy Jenkins, except played straight.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Blazing Ownager posted:

It's even stranger when you realize J.A.R.V.I.S. was based on a mind scan of his father's butler, the actual Jarvis. It's kind of a shame Vision only shows up in the huge movies, as a result, because man that's got to be a mind gently caress.

A xerox of a xerox.

Oh no, I'm not saying it's weird I'm just saying 'Oh. I did not know that. I'm surprised they sorta made it into its own character' is all.

Also, I can't wait for something to get blown up and LMD May to shield the team by holding up six tons of building from crushing them.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
May actually seems less robotic than normal.

homullus
Mar 27, 2009

I just hope they give not-May a day or two span after she finds out she's not actually May but doesn't tell anybody, to give Ming-Na Wen something to do other than scowl for a while. She then tells everybody all the things May has never told them, goes out in a blaze of glory saving Coulson, and then real May has to come back and face everybody knowing what she's been hiding all along.

Tad SG
Apr 16, 2003

Here are provided seats of meditative joy, where shall rise again the destined reign of Troy.
Darkhold seems to make its readers want to create new life. Now that Aida has, she's only really been evil in trying to conceal it. That's a more interesting angle than just the usual crazy robot spy takeover storyline that this could be heading towards.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
Hahahaha yesssss, they finally Gonzales'd Mace. He's just a politician with super powers that has to deal with the massive loving headache that is Phil Coulson's Stupid Group of Idiots. :allears: Plus, seeing him go full on Patriot mode was really neat.

Did not see May LMD already being in the field coming. I wanted Aida to be a good sorceress bot but she's already killed so the law of robotics is out the window :smith:

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

Poor Nathanson. Now he is truly lost. :(

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

Chokes McGee posted:

Hahahaha yesssss, they finally Gonzales'd Mace. He's just a politician with super powers that has to deal with the massive loving headache that is Phil Coulson's Stupid Group of Idiots. :allears: Plus, seeing him go full on Patriot mode was really neat.

Did not see May LMD already being in the field coming. I wanted Aida to be a good sorceress bot but she's already killed so the law of robotics is out the window :smith:

He was just so sad when he found out nobody trusted him. Like, I legit felt bad for the dude :smith:

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE posted:

He was just so sad when he found out nobody trusted him. Like, I legit felt bad for the dude :smith:

Mace: "We don't trust. Because we're not a team. :smith:"

Coulson: :sympathy:

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum
Is there a new episode tonight, or have we entered the hiatus?

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

OB_Juan posted:

Is there a new episode tonight, or have we entered the hiatus?

If anything it would be tomorrow. But that was the midseason finale.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

It's coming back in January.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum
Truly I am the best at time.

I figured it would be hiatus time, but I'd hoped otherwise. At least it'll be back soon!

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

OB_Juan posted:

Truly I am the best at time.
To be fair, it's a hard concept. Literally no one ever understood it.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Mace in superhero gear reminds me of the dad from Sky High. Or that douchey superhero from Mystery Men.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

The MSJ posted:

Mace in superhero gear reminds me of the dad from Sky High. Or that douchey superhero from Mystery Men.

I didn't hate his suit. It was decent for their budget.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Rhyno posted:

I didn't hate his suit. It was decent for their budget.

It seemed like low budget captain america. Which is what mace is, so im happy about it

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Beautiful cinnamon roll too good for this world, too pure

TVLine's pretty good at predicting what's getting renewed and what isn't and they don't have very high hopes for Agents.

http://tvline.com/2016/12/08/tv-show-cancellations-2017-agents-of-shield-elementary/

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
Director Mace needs a new sidekick. How about Jemma? You don't have to be American to be Miss Patriot, right?

nelson
Apr 12, 2009
College Slice
Hopefully ABC will renew it, but if they don't I hope one of the streaming companies decides to continue it.

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!
I saw a commercial for Agents of Shield being moved to MeTV, so that pretty much means it's dead.

You know, the channel that runs nothing but Matlock and MacGuyver re-runs.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

biracial bear for uncut posted:

I saw a commercial for Agents of Shield being moved to MeTV, so that pretty much means it's dead.

You know, the channel that runs nothing but Matlock and MacGuyver re-runs.

That means it's in syndication. It's not for first run episodes.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
It's an awkward thing with the Inhumans series coming out. I think it's almost guaranteed a short-order.

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

"Man is the animal that thinks something is wrong."
Infinity War is out in May 2018, one full season away. That would be the logical place to bring SHIELD back to the movies if that is something they are planning to do.

The show probably wouldn't survive SHIELD being back in the movies, good ratings or not.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
If they do cancel Agents of SHIELD, a neat thing to do (that they probably won't do) would be to have little hints and cameos in the existing shows to give a vague impression that SHIELD is still a thing and what they're up to.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
Do you think the LMD story will have a tie-in to whatever Marvel movie is going to premiere in 2017?

GLOSS
Apr 10, 2005

PEARL GROWLS "TAKE OFF THAT SHIRT, STEVEN." I COMPLY, REVEALING THE FULL LENGTH SHIRT TATTOO. PEARL RETREATS INTO HER GEM, DEFEATED.
They just put up the Yo-Yo webseries on Youtube, all 6 episodes from the get go, no weekly drip...

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDe0CguuqcMBVtZJk0iCNoSblixvAt4BY

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Mraagvpeine posted:

Do you think the LMD story will have a tie-in to whatever Marvel movie is going to premiere in 2017?

LoL, Look at this guy.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

GLOSS posted:

They just put up the Yo-Yo webseries on Youtube, all 6 episodes from the get go, no weekly drip...

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDe0CguuqcMBVtZJk0iCNoSblixvAt4BY

I just watched the first one, not bad.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

twistedmentat posted:

Weirdly enough the first episode was directed by former Marvel Comics EiC Joe Quesada.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

twistedmentat posted:

Watched them all. Could have easily be part of regular episodes, but I'll watch it and Like it if that is what it takes for ABC to realize that people like the show.

• Locked thread