Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

In Training posted:

Afaik all they did to Juri was swap a kick input to a punch input and nothing else is different

Juri was already super solid and good and fun so this makes sense

:psyduck:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

srsly who wants to play this lamer?
Literally nothing is going to be confirmed until the patch hits.

Elephunk
Dec 6, 2007

will Season 1 characters be reduced price or free when season 2 starts?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Elephunk posted:

Tidus: Ha ha ha

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

eat poo poo buy em all seperately

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Elephunk posted:

They'll actually go up in price cause they're vintage.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

They just had a season 1 sale i think. I don't think they'll permanently lower the price though.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
e: wrong thread

Countblanc fucked around with this message at 02:18 on Dec 11, 2016

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Juri got an input change on her dp which is good for not accidently losing all the time and her v skill charge up is faster. her st mp has less pushback so she can maybe actually start offense now.

Balrog got his aa special on dp input instead of charge so hopefully you can do an aa on reaction now. his ex rush does less damage. his cr mk is now a low attack.

Mad Lupine
Feb 18, 2011

all the things you said
running through my head

Real hurthling! posted:

Juri got an input change on her dp which is good for not accidently losing all the time and her v skill charge up is faster. her st mp has less pushback so she can maybe actually start offense now.

Balrog got his aa special on dp input instead of charge so hopefully you can do an aa on reaction now. his ex rush does less damage. his cr mk is now a low attack.

This sounds promising and fun. Hopefully the rest of the changes gel well.

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

GOTTA HAVE THAT PAX BISONICA
https://twitter.com/Snake_Eyez_/status/807478864876212224

TIGER

DOUBLE GERMAN

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS

Marstorius in SFV would loving own so hard.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
gently caress that put in the livestock

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Bi-Han now we've got Bad Blood

Corbeau posted:

I like the Guile change. It's very much in line with the general design philosophy of SFV, whether or agree with it or not. Remove the crazy execution stuff and the crazy long combo stuff.

And if you leave something in, for god's sake don't give it to Guile. That dude has made a living on crouch-backing in the corner for decades. He ain't no marvel character.

Nothing in sf5 has crazy execution, chun like had tighter than average links but I think sf5 has the easiest guile stuff, especially in comparison to sf4.

He was literally in MVC2.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Corbeau posted:

I like the Guile change. It's very much in line with the general design philosophy of SFV, whether or agree with it or not. Remove the crazy execution stuff and the crazy long combo stuff.

And if you leave something in, for god's sake don't give it to Guile. That dude has made a living on crouch-backing in the corner for decades. He ain't no marvel character.

Stop playing fighting games

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?

SectumSempra posted:

He was literally in MVC2.

tbf if you forgot any sf character was in marvel besides ken and maybe akuma I wouldn't blame you

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Pwning the incels with my waifu fg character. Get trolled :twisted:
Lipstick Apathy
Guile had a dope glitch in mvc2 though?

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?
ruby heart, a character that might theoretically get played, can do something similar but marginally more effective + she has the rush super glitch

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Brosnan posted:

Guile had a dope glitch in mvc2 though?

He was also incredibly fun for goofin on babies who didn't know how to roll.

Also, I'd rather they add more new characters than recycle the rest of the old cast for yet again.

Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012
Please give me free quality professional advice so I can be a baby about it and insult you
Hello again SF5 thread sorry to interrupt your hate-train but I thought I'd contribute with a couple of player names that you can use for if you ever enter into a local tournament:
  • Matthew Parry
  • Steve Jabs
Welp thanks for reading

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

Love Stole the Day posted:

Hello again SF5 thread sorry to interrupt your hate-train but I thought I'd contribute with a couple of player names that you can use for if you ever enter into a local tournament:
  • Matthew Parry
  • Steve Jabs
Welp thanks for reading

I'm a Steve so Steve Jabs could work for me

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

Please open up the tech from japan, thank you commodore

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.
Kara Moss
Plink Panther
Oki Griffith
Oscar the Crouch
Yomi Thurman

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
Shimmy Neutron
The plink panther
Command grab em by the pussy

Intel&Sebastian fucked around with this message at 16:56 on Dec 12, 2016

Voxx
Jul 28, 2009

I'll give 'em a hold
and a break to breathe
And if they can't play nice
I won't play with 'em at all
featuring the talent of
Mixwell Upton
and
Alan Wakeup

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

amy roundhouse

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Just be xXVegetaSephirothXx420 like the rest of us.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
Stations of the Crossup

Illuminado
Mar 26, 2008

The Path Ahead is Dark

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Stations of the Crossup

And lo, Jesus lost the match to Pilot on his last quarter, but it was Simon of Fremont who did so put up his quarter for the runback.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
I tell you the truth, Peter, this very night shall be a best of five, and I shall deny you three times.

Illuminado
Mar 26, 2008

The Path Ahead is Dark

Intel&Sebastian posted:

I tell you the truth, Peter, this very night shall be a best of five, and I shall deny you three times.

And lo, Jesus said unto Peter, "MUSCLE POWER FOR YOU!"

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

I have a guess who the second character in the Season 2 lineup is. Here's my full spread I'll be submitting to the bookie this evening

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

woshige gave an interview at psx claiming that meter gain will be reduced significantly in season 2 lol. eat poo poo laura.

the bulk of the interview is him saying how successful he was at making a street fighter that people could be good at with less practice (hence 3 frame buffer, fewer and shorter combos, etc)

also that dps will still be projectile and throw invincible, just not strike invincible during start up.

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
Talbain would be cool as hell.

Juri is fun. Played a few sets with a friend online (and had a great connection, happily). We both suck, so it wasn't a horrible detriment that I can't combo with her worth a drat. Her normals feel way more fun than Cammy's: many of them are quite strange, and they include multiple hop-kicks and a proper overhead. The "fireball" charging is super interesting too, though I got burned more than once by forgetting which button I had charged. Any sources of advice on properly playing her?

Though I'm kinda sad that her uppercut is moving to punches. Since I play Cammy already, kick uppercut is more intuitive.

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Love Stole the Day posted:

• Matthew Parry
  • Steve Jabs
Welp thanks for reading

I'll go with Luke Parry, just because that's more what I'm about, but those are good!

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
i just want want to take the time out to say, that laura's english VA is the most miscast thing i've ever loving heard

like, she sounds like a loving 8 year old, when should sound like a grown rear end woman

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

I don't think the VA is bad, but the lines they gave her are terrible. "That's how you start the fight and finish it quickly" is poo poo

Illuminado
Mar 26, 2008

The Path Ahead is Dark
Yeah, VA aside, I think it's funny that 'serious martial artist Makoto' was drawn up by the same company who did 'Serious Martial Artist Laura'.

:sigh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Justin looking like the secret chubby Asian 5th Beatle