Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm
Tachanka is now an invincible spawn killer.

You're welcome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

slap me and kiss me
Apr 1, 2008

You best protect ya neck

Hard posted:

You're welcome.

Cannot wait

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

I cant wait to not see him through a window

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

Hard posted:

You're welcome.

Speaking of spawn killing, was anything done about the lovely Christmas trees spawn on Kafe?

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

so when does this update drop anyway

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

Thursday

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm

Great Beer posted:

Speaking of spawn killing, was anything done about the lovely Christmas trees spawn on Kafe?

What about it ?

Basticle posted:

I cant wait to not see him through a window

Cmon now we said it's fixed. :mmmhmm:

Hard fucked around with this message at 22:51 on Dec 12, 2016

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

Hard posted:

What about it ?

If a defender vaults out the garage stairwell window on to the back porch they have perfect line of sight on the defenders attackers as they spawn and can kill them before theyre able to even move.

Great Beer fucked around with this message at 23:17 on Dec 12, 2016

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:

Lemon-Lime posted:

Finally. Shocking it took that long, really.

noice :science:

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

65HP on Blackbeard's shields? That seems a bit low honestly. 150 per shield is fine.

Fuze charges getting 1 more charge and bigger radius. Rip all Hostages

Blackbeard might be one of the most overplayed operators in the game from what I've seen.

I think a HP reduction on the shield is a good thing. It makes the most sense to quickly peek dangerous corners in situations where you know you'll be trading shots back and forth.

Instead what people had actually been doing was playing him like they would Blitz except they have an assault rifle instead of a pistol. And when you combine Blitz+Blackbeard in a narrow hallway pretty much the only way to stop them is explosives. It seems that crouching Blackbeard in front of Blitz works nearly as well as Blackbeard standing behind him.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Great Beer posted:

Bank's spawns are probably the only ones that people can basically instantly get headshot before they can react; even knowing somebody is going to be popping out of the front door doesn't mean you can meaningfully either get out of the way or ADS before you're dead.

(To a lesser extent you can get murked by people running out of the tower on the tunnel spawn but that guy will never make it back in alive)

Party Plane Jones fucked around with this message at 23:43 on Dec 12, 2016

Dante18907
Aug 31, 2009

Devilbro giveth and Devilbro taketh away
Looking forward to being able to deal with BB now as someone who is bad at flanking. Also really looking forward to the SMG changes. Frost is easily my favourite operator.

diapermeat
Feb 10, 2009

Dante18907 posted:

Looking forward to being able to deal with BB now as someone who is bad at flanking. Also really looking forward to the SMG changes. Frost is easily my favourite operator.

What type of changes are they making to SMGs?

Dante18907
Aug 31, 2009

diapermeat posted:

What type of changes are they making to SMGs?

According to the Reddit summary post, recoil changes for them. Not sure how verifiable that is.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler
During the stream they said recoil reduction on the UMP 45 (Pulse/Castle), Caviera's SMG, Frost's SMG, and Smoke's SMG.

Triggs
Nov 23, 2005

Tango Down!
Fix the Kafe spawns :argh:

Overall great improvements, and glad to see Bandit got his extra battery that I bitched about in the last thread.

Shield C4 resistance is gonna be awesome, only thing I'm not happy with is BB's reduced shield HP. Maybe give him 3 instead of 2 for some balance to the lower HP? poo poo already breaks in 2 seconds against a good SMG burst.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Dante18907 posted:

According to the Reddit summary post, recoil changes for them. Not sure how verifiable that is.
They said on stream that there are SMGs with inconsistently high recoil, which they will address.

Dante18907
Aug 31, 2009

I don't feel like Frosts needs it but I am not gonna complain. I tried using Valk the other night and gently caress me that MPX kicks like a mule though.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!
Frost smg actually kicks incredibly hard after like 2 shots.

Dante18907
Aug 31, 2009

Sultan Tarquin posted:

Frost smg actually kicks incredibly hard after like 2 shots.

Huh. Guess I never noticed. So used to using it I must compensate automatically. I wonder how this change will mess with my aim if I start overcompensating.

Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets
The first is to be born in Joseon.
Yeah I dunno what it is cause everybody says it's awful, but Frost's SMG is one of my favorite guns in the game. I guess since it fires slowly I have an easier time controlling its recoil.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:
Frost is my most played defensive operator. She has a cool hat and her traps are easier to repeatedly score with than Kapkan's.

Dante18907
Aug 31, 2009

Thief posted:

Frost is my most played defensive operator. She has a cool hat and her traps are easier to repeatedly score with than Kapkan's.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

How does heavy barrel interact with weapons? does it up the recoil? Trying to suss out how to run Frost with her SMG cause I think she's cool. I suck at this game though.

AbortRetryFail
Jan 17, 2007

No more Mr. Nice Gaius

Flipswitch posted:

How does heavy barrel interact with weapons? does it up the recoil? Trying to suss out how to run Frost with her SMG cause I think she's cool. I suck at this game though.

It doesn't do anything except decrease damage falloff at range. It sort of does "up the recoil" as you can't put a recoil reducing attachment on the barrel if you are using it.

It also makes your gun a lot longer so it can be seen around corners much more easily.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Situation ten is so terrible. I still can't beat it and lose patience immediately.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

Make sure you kill everyone in and around the house before getting the hostage, once you get the hostage, plant him on the balcony and wait for the incoming. Once they're done, take the path that's to the right of the house relative to spawn. There's two guys on the helipad and one or two below it.

Captn Kurp
Oct 21, 2013

:bravo2:
Loving this game, a really cool thing to have would be the ability to change my outfit and headgear while in a match, kind of like how they implemented the weapon attachment menu while picking operators.

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

Captn Kurp posted:

Loving this game, a really cool thing to have would be the ability to change my outfit and headgear while in a match, kind of like how they implemented the weapon attachment menu while picking operators.

I really wouldn't like this. No need to bring proper camouflage meta into the game.

lohli
Jun 30, 2008
Please give me a "buy all attachments" button already.

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

Party Plane Jones posted:

Bank's spawns are probably the only ones that people can basically instantly get headshot before they can react; even knowing somebody is going to be popping out of the front door doesn't mean you can meaningfully either get out of the way or ADS before you're dead.

(To a lesser extent you can get murked by people running out of the tower on the tunnel spawn but that guy will never make it back in alive)

Bank also has some really lovely spawns, but Christmas Trees on Kafe is one of the very few you can see them less than one second after the end of the drone phase without the other team moving. Dont get me wrong, its hilarious and I do it every chance I get because Im a bad person but its absolutely bullshit and needs fixing.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Whats the process behind rejoining a premade in casual? It feels like sometimes, when my game freezes or whatever, I can go back in, choose casual and rejoin. Other times it just...doesn't. I get a brand new lobby.

diapermeat
Feb 10, 2009
Anyone know the default timeout for waiting for people to load into the game after the character select? Seems like the wait times are getting worse.. I think i've waited up to 5 minutes before.

Souplesse
May 31, 2011

Gentlemoas.

Hard posted:

You're welcome.
https://clips.twitch.tv/ssixseconds/CuteKoupreyNoNoSpot He probably would've gotten all of us with the shield. 500 HP is no joke with damage dropoff. Still sounds insanely vulnerable to vertical play though, so dunno if it's enough, or even a buff in the right direction.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Black Griffon posted:

Make sure you kill everyone in and around the house before getting the hostage, once you get the hostage, plant him on the balcony and wait for the incoming. Once they're done, take the path that's to the right of the house relative to spawn. There's two guys on the helipad and one or two below it.

Killing the population of Montana is tedious as fuk

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

Just had a match where the attacking Glaz downed the hostage, the hostage bled out, and then the attackers won. Is something iffy going on there?

Dante18907
Aug 31, 2009

Draxion posted:

Just had a match where the attacking Glaz downed the hostage, the hostage bled out, and then the attackers won. Is something iffy going on there?

We have had this multiple times now where the other team downed hostage and we got the 'Prevent hostage from being revived' message, they bled out and we lost. Thought we were just going crazy. Glad to know it might be a bug?

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
Siege has still got it; think this is the third night in the past week we've had 3 full groups.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!

Then my game crashed.

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm

Sultan Tarquin posted:

Then my game crashed.

Oh you found the hidden extra buff already.

Draxion posted:

Hmmm will investigate on that one thanks.

e: In case you'd like a summary on how the stream went yesterday: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wC8wg0HK6Xc

Hard fucked around with this message at 17:45 on Dec 13, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Can I play Siege with goons if I just hit level 10 last night and sometimes do good things?

• Locked thread