Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Count me in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006
I'll start looking for road kill to harvest skulls from

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

I'm hitting the graveyard to dig up a real human skull for my Warhound.

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006
This is gonna end with bulbasaur sacrificing us all to khorne and becoming a daemon prince, isn't it.

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

It would if he could ever be on time.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I'm going to use this competition as an excuse to paint my converted terminator chaplain. It has 25+ skulls on it. I feel like this will be too few to properly compete.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
We'll need some ground rules- for example, you have to have at least 2 conversions. They don't need to be major, but you must modify the original model in some way. We'll track pledges through my powerfisted domain- skullapalooza@powerfisted.com for submissions and at least 1 WIP.

Panascope is already working hard to unearth the grand prize

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
I'm in. :getin:

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

I just started working on my 30k stuff again after not messing with miniatures for a little bit.

Still learning to live with the choice of World Eaters and all the painting white it entails.

ThNextGreenLantern
Feb 13, 2012
Any advice on which Heavy Weapons I should pick up for Heavy Support Squads? Going to be running The Reaping with my Death Guard and just have 5 missile launchers, 5 auto cannons, and 5 heavy bolters in my collection.

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006
Missile launchers are a nice versatile option.

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Real men don't use bolters.
Volkites uber alles.

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

MY LIFE GOAL IS TO STICK A FLESHLIGHT INTO THE END OF A HOWITZER AND FUCK THE SHIT OUT OF IT

ThNextGreenLantern posted:

Any advice on which Heavy Weapons I should pick up for Heavy Support Squads? Going to be running The Reaping with my Death Guard and just have 5 missile launchers, 5 auto cannons, and 5 heavy bolters in my collection.

Heavy Flamers with the chem option are fun.

Ghazk
May 11, 2007

I can see EVERYTHING
Opening salvo from 6k game this weekend in Seattle.

Tanks and crotches

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

Lord_Hambrose posted:

I just started working on my 30k stuff again after not messing with miniatures for a little bit.

Still learning to live with the choice of World Eaters and all the painting white it entails.

Any part of the white that doesn't look good, cover in blood.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

Ghazk posted:

Opening salvo from 6k game this weekend in Seattle.

Tanks and crotches

welp, thanks for one upping our group

Where do you guys play? Looks like quite a few armies!

Ghazk
May 11, 2007

I can see EVERYTHING
I play regularly at Meeples in West Seattle. We're still small and average 4-6 30k players on any given week. These were from the narrative event weekend that was held at MOB Games up north. First time I had been there. About 20 people with a lot of nice looking armies.

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006

Ghazk posted:

I play regularly at Meeples in West Seattle. We're still small and average 4-6 30k players on any given week. These were from the narrative event weekend that was held at MOB Games up north. First time I had been there. About 20 people with a lot of nice looking armies.

What day and what time at meeples? We've been playing at mox boarding house a couple times a month on Sunday mornings.

Ghazk
May 11, 2007

I can see EVERYTHING
Thursday nights, from around 5:30-10:00.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
Besides, I doubt they want to play with filthy hams such as us

Shrieking Muppet
Jul 16, 2006

Lord_Hambrose posted:

I feel your pain, suddenly just picking them just because they have chain axes seems like a bad choice.

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

Ezekiel_980 posted:

I feel your pain, suddenly just picking them just because they have chain axes seems like a bad choice.

Finding out that Anvil Industries makes at least somewhat more reasonably priced chain axes was a big plus. I think my horde of foot slogging regular marines will look pretty impressive as they run into super guns and get obliterated.

Ghazk
May 11, 2007

I can see EVERYTHING

BULBASAUR posted:

Besides, I doubt they want to play with filthy hams such as us

Certainly come ham it up with us. Activity will probably lull until after the holiday. We have a casual book 4 based campaign starting the second week of January, so we will hit the new year running.

Facebook group seeing who's going to show for any given week:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/249354188752163/

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006
5:30 in west Seattle might be tricky (I work downtown and live up in Greenwood) but I'm definitely down to come slam at some point.

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

Wow there at a lot of WA hamgoons

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006
There are dozens of us Michael. Dozens!

Broken Record Talk
Jul 28, 2009

A three-hundred thousand degree baptism by nuclear fire;
we had it coming.
Who do I hit up for a Slack invite? Thanks.

brokenrecordtalk@gmail.com

Broken Record Talk fucked around with this message at 17:54 on Dec 13, 2016

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007
Post your email here, or PM, and let the magic happen.

Ghazk
May 11, 2007

I can see EVERYTHING

tallkidwithglasses posted:

5:30 in west Seattle might be tricky (I work downtown and live up in Greenwood) but I'm definitely down to come slam at some point.

We have a couple guys that roll in from magnolia around 7. The time slot is flexible, especially if you arrange games ahead of time.

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006

Ghazk posted:

We have a couple guys that roll in from magnolia around 7. The time slot is flexible, especially if you arrange games ahead of time.

Sweet! Posted a lil hello post in the FB group, I'm super busy until January but I definitely want to figure out games over there in the future.

GreenMarine
Apr 25, 2009

Switchblade Switcharoo
Sunday @ Mox works better for me than West Seattle @ Thursday unfortunately.

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006
I'm doing both because I have a problem

GreenMarine
Apr 25, 2009

Switchblade Switcharoo

tallkidwithglasses posted:

I'm doing both because I have a problem

I might be able to make it out for Thursday with enough preplanning. But harder because of kid and such.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
I might be able to make a Thursday on occasion, but the weekend at Mox is much better overall. Maybe we can carpool?

Ghazk
May 11, 2007

I can see EVERYTHING
Meeples serves beer AND allows it in the game room :getin:

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Ghazk posted:

Packing my bags, getting on the next flight

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

Ghazk posted:

UK people need to check out Wayland. They do this too.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

Ghazk posted:

This is mandatory for heresy hamming

muskets
Nov 23, 2013

ルンピカビーム!

TTerrible posted:

UK people need to check out Wayland. They do this too.

Shame their website ordering is so shite.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

If you're not spilling beer all over your models what the hell is the point of varnish?