Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

That's like 63 years of Civ 4. I'm unimpressed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax

Pirate Radar posted:

Your crevasse isn't Kosher?
i am sure that somewhere a talmudic scholar has worked out how the laws of kashrut could be applied to body parts such as my undulating pink marsh, however i am what i am and i have to just accept that

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

boner confessor posted:

there's nothing that distinguishes the atomic bombings from any of the other widespread strategic bombing attacks on civilian centers except for atomic panic

It's still worse for the environment. The damage done from tests alone is unmeasurable

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

you missed the other half of that

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

the paradigm shift posted:

you missed the other half of that

thought that one was funnier

can't get over how widely praised his delusional tweet storm was, lol

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

merry exmarx posted:

thought that one was funnier

can't get over how widely praised his delusional tweet storm was, lol

Oh yeah it's funnier the other one just helps to showcase that he's a scumbag

Red and Black
Sep 5, 2011

boner confessor posted:

there's nothing that distinguishes the atomic bombings from any of the other widespread strategic bombing attacks on civilian centers except for atomic panic
maybe your opinion on this will change if you ever experience having a kid with horrific birth defects

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.
https://twitter.com/theintercept/status/808392216825724928

is this good

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Mustached Demon posted:

Counterpoint: Truman using nuclear weapons gave definitive proof of their horrific power and sealed the deal on madd scenarios.

He's still in the elite eight of poo poo.

I think we had the thread about whether bombing was a war crime vs not bombing would have been a war crime and it was bad.

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
mainland australia will be uninhabitable due to strikes on sydney and indonesia, the only area remaining non-lethal to human life being a corner of the southwest that is already inhospitable and will only become moreso as global warming desertifies the continent. it will be reclaimed by a small aboriginal population centred around the coast. tasmania will be the only part of the country that survives, and within a few centuries it will be a paradisaical wonderland of citrus trees and oiled slavegirls. so have i seen it and so shall it be. blessed is the name!

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

Avshalom posted:

mainland australia will be uninhabitable due to strikes on sydney and indonesia, the only area remaining non-lethal to human life being a corner of the southwest that is already inhospitable and will only become moreso as global warming desertifies the continent. it will be reclaimed by a small aboriginal population centred around the coast. tasmania will be the only part of the country that survives, and within a few centuries it will be a paradisaical wonderland of citrus trees and oiled slavegirls. so have i seen it and so shall it be. blessed is the name!

yeah I gotta get to a coastal city sometime in the next year too. I doubt anyone will nuke Nashville and i definitely don't want to survive and roam the fallout wasteland of the southeast

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
You seem really invested in justifying the mass slaughter of a civilian population centre just because some rich guys in America thought the Japanese only understood the language of nuclear fire.

Have you considered applying for a cabinet position under the new president-elect? You'd be a perfect fit.

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax

I doubt anyone will nuke Nashville
it already got nuked - by the man

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
the satan, the great antagonist, the natural opposer of all that is good about humanity, manifested as the united states of america and has been right under our noses for several centuries now. only with total destruction of its culture and influence can we triumph as a species.

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
ps: my friends, of all the animals i've raised in my year in the wilderness, the one best suited to survival in a post-apocalyptic arid wasteland is the humble guinea fowl

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
it is now my spirit animal

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

Avshalom posted:

the satan, the great antagonist, the natural opposer of all that is good about humanity, manifested as the united states of america and has been right under our noses for several centuries now. only with total destruction of its culture and influence can we triumph as a species.

does this mean no more hot wings?

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
NYAHAHAHAHAHAHANYANK NYANK NYANK NYAHAHAHAHAHAHANK

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax

does this mean no more hot wings?
i think we can appropriate those. one animal from which hot wings can harvested is the humble guinea fowl

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.
new prime minister

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

can you imagine reading somebody's resume and it has an iq score on it?

what section do you even put that under?

do you lead with that in your cover letter?

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

stone cold posted:

"here at mensa, we all thrive in intellectual challenges. as a highly gifted individual with the intelligence quotient of 141, i..."

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
mum's tv just announced a documentary on thursday called "attenborough's fabulous frogs" and i don't think three words have ever filled me with such joy in my life

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
i have a tested iq of 6

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
and 5 of those points were for being able to breathe unaided

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

Avshalom posted:

i have a tested iq of 6

please stop bragging

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Avshalom posted:

and 5 of those points were for being able to breathe unaided

:discourse:

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

stone cold posted:

Right below the "please throw away."

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
my friends... i am a seed.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Furnaceface posted:

I just watched a show about Truman. Is he considered the worst president in history? Because Im thinking he should be.

By what metric?

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

merry exmarx posted:

new prime minister

Is this how parliament is opened in new zealand

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
I've applied to legally change my middle name to "116"

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Pirate Radar posted:

ah, american standards

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Pirate Radar posted:

Is that your weight

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.
https://twitter.com/6thgrade4ever/status/808362264357175297

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Randler posted:

You seem really invested in justifying the mass slaughter of a civilian population centre just because some rich guys in America thought the Japanese only understood the language of nuclear fire.

Have you considered applying for a cabinet position under the new president-elect? You'd be a perfect fit.

The Nuremberg trials were also morally questionable, but on a smaller scale.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Randler posted:

I don't make enough to be in Trump's armoire.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Volkerball posted:

Is that your weight
didnt know you were european

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.