Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

https://twitter.com/nickwiger/status/808456297540567047

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

lol

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.
https://twitter.com/mademoneyfrom/status/570613495764533248

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

I dont think I will ever actually understand American politics. Or cricket.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Furnaceface posted:

Both require copious amounts of alcohol.

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Furnaceface posted:

watch pro wrestling

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
when you understand kayfabe, jobbing, and heel turns everything in american politics becomes perfectly clear

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

I read through the coup thread finally. Jfc what a pit of stupid.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.
https://twitter.com/KeithOlbermann/status/808476572529360897

Soy Division
Aug 12, 2004

stone cold posted:

Idk but reading the op of that thread, clearly Gail isn't doin so great.
Never been better actually, the Trumpreich has been great to me so far, can't wait for that fat tax cut

have you never heard of being provocative to set off debate and discussion...in the debate and discussion forum

Soy Division
Aug 12, 2004

I mean we're already in the hosed up timeline might as well throw the crazy poo poo out there

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Mustached Demon posted:

Both require copious amounts of alcohol.

and sitting way out in the field watching the action while your rear end gets damp from the grass

Red and Black
Sep 5, 2011

Has any of the evidence used by the CIA been leaked to the press yet or is it still anonymous hearsay?

Rodatose
Jul 8, 2008

corn, corn, corn
Jon Lovett @jonlovett
OK, here we go. You want to understand THIS MOMENT, to answer that, we need to talk about parallel universes. And if you thought my other tangents were complicated, just you wait.
Okay, so Putin's position is a floating point number, but it's converted into a short when the voting machine uses it to test for collision with ballot triangles. In other words, Putin's position can be any number, but it's converted to an integer between -32,768 and 32,767 inclusive.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

I just watched a show about Truman. Is he considered the worst president in history? Because Im thinking he should be.

Rodatose
Jul 8, 2008

corn, corn, corn
so now, to do this, the republicans need to build up speed for 12 years.

Furnaceface posted:

I just watched a show about Truman. Is he considered the worst president in history? Because Im thinking he should be.
most of the presidents could easily have a show made on them that makes the case for worst president

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Rodatose posted:

Jon Lovett @jonlovett
OK, here we go. You want to understand THIS MOMENT, to answer that, we need to talk about parallel universes. And if you thought my other tangents were complicated, just you wait.
Okay, so Putin's position is a floating point number, but it's converted into a short when the voting machine uses it to test for collision with ballot triangles. In other words, Putin's position can be any number, but it's converted to an integer between -32,768 and 32,767 inclusive.

so putin is a clopen set?

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Furnaceface posted:

not even close

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Furnaceface posted:

I think we're working on Jackson at this point, but there are so many candidates.

Jackson definitely has some issues to smooth over with Florida so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Rodatose posted:

most of the presidents could easily have a show made on them that makes the case for worst president

I honestly find that hard to believe. :colbert:

Now youre just loving with me.

Soy Division
Aug 12, 2004

Truman was from a genuine working class background and nationalized a poo poo ton of industries so the left should love him

As for foreign policy, it could have been a lot worse

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=slVa0LaGqW4

Rodatose
Jul 8, 2008

corn, corn, corn

The Muppets On PCP posted:

so putin is a clopen set?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kpk2tdsPh0A

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

bob jumbogrumbo with the hard-hitting news. is keith going to get his msnbc show back now that it's trendy to futilely yell about politics again

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp

Furnaceface posted:

Now youre just loving with me.

Not even. Somehow being the only human to ever order the use of nuclear weapons usually gets him put among the ten best.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Andrew Jackson probably wins most brackets.

Warren Harding has to be up there too.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Mustached Demon posted:

Andrew Jackson probably wins most brackets.

Warren Harding has to be up there too.

buchanan followed by reagan followed by jackson imho

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

Gail Wynand posted:

Never been better actually, the Trumpreich has been great to me so far, can't wait for that fat tax cut

have you never heard of being provocative to set off debate and discussion...in the debate and discussion forum

please take your medication

there's being provocative and then there's the coup thread

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Polygynous posted:

Not even. Somehow being the only human to ever order the use of nuclear weapons usually gets him put among the ten best.

Furnaceface posted:

I dont think I will ever actually understand American politics.

Rodatose
Jul 8, 2008

corn, corn, corn
here's some assholes, definitely not a complete list

w bush: iraq war
reagan: deregulation, contributed to crack + aids epidemics, and latin american death squads
nixon: I just want you to think big, Henry, for Christsakes (indiscriminate bombing of southeast asia)
lbj: vietnam
teddy roosevelt: the one who pushed for the philippines war and a bunch of other expansion in the pacific based on aryan supremacy theories that later backfired
hayes: ended reconstruction, ordered the national guard to shoot a bunch of strikers
jackson: native genocider
james madison: fuckup who thought trying to invade canada while still a new country was a good idea and almost brought the country to dissolution as a result

Rodatose
Jul 8, 2008

corn, corn, corn
a bunch of the older presidents' names run together in my mind but they all probably were bad, or died before they could be bad

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
Which was the one that ordered the bombing of two citizen populations with Nuclear Weapons?

Oh was it Truman.

Then Truman.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

If Jackson is your worst for native genocide then Canada has had like 4 or 5 Jacksons as PM.

Its our secret shame that I wish wasnt such a secret. :(

Rodatose
Jul 8, 2008

corn, corn, corn

Hollismason posted:

Which was the one that ordered the bombing of two citizen populations with Nuclear Weapons?

Oh was it Truman.

Then Truman.

the napalm firebombing of tokyo under fdr was the single deadliest day in wwII, killing more than 100,000 civilians

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Rodatose posted:

the napalm firebombing of tokyo under fdr was the single deadliest day in wwII, killing more than 100,000 civilians

Didnt the death tolls of Hiroshima and Nagasaki end up passing that over time though as people died from the effects of radiation?

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.

Furnaceface posted:

Didnt the death tolls of Hiroshima and Nagasaki end up passing that over time though as people died from the effects of radiation?

Yes

Also, while yes the firebombing was horrific . There really was not any justification for the bombing of Nagasaki.

Rodatose
Jul 8, 2008

corn, corn, corn

Furnaceface posted:

could be maybe all I know is that it's cited as the single deadliest air raid in wwii

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Counterpoint: Truman using nuclear weapons gave definitive proof of their horrific power and sealed the deal on madd scenarios.

He's still in the elite eight of poo poo.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich
there's nothing that distinguishes the atomic bombings from any of the other widespread strategic bombing attacks on civilian centers except for atomic panic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.

• Locked thread