Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
http://www.psp-tv.com/r/NiteCrew
This poll is closed.
500562 49.92%
139 0.01%
153 0.02%
500888 49.95%
940 0.09%
Total: 1002682 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Olga Gurlukovich
Nov 13, 2016

Baloogan posted:

depends now on how turkey goes, but I'm thinking the new ottomans are gonna eat a chunk of iraq and syria and gently caress up the kurds in the process. Like, WWIII is gonna start there which is gonna be hella cool.

i dont know how widespread it is, but the trump supporter im closest to irl is an orthodox guy really into like that 4th rome poo poo or w/e, he really wants to see putin in constantinople

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

does Russia even have anything to offer the world beyond lovely vodka and depressing literature? I feel like they should be opposed on general principle until they create less depressing and oppressive national ethos

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

blamegame posted:

i dont know how widespread it is, but the trump supporter im closest to irl is an orthodox guy really into like that 4th rome poo poo or w/e, he really wants to see putin in constantinople

quote:

“You’re American, right?” she asked.

“Canadian, eh?”

“When he was a boy, my grandfather lived in Stockholm. He and his family were there when the Muslims declared the city theirs. They were poor, and didn’t have the money to pay the non-believer tax and wouldn’t convert to Islam, so the Muslims enslaved them all. They murdered my great-grandfather. My great-grandmother didn’t last much longer.

“He was in rags, starving, when the crusade came. He told me stories about the American soldiers, how they looked like knights in their body armor and the red Templar cross on their shoulder. They killed the Islamists, sent the rest of them back to their sand dunes in the Middle East. They saved him, fed him and showed him what strength really is. And they were all volunteers, every last one of them.

“No one had to order an American to save the oppressed. It’s part of their nature to see others live free, even at the sacrifice of their own lives. Once the Germans finally followed the Americans’ lead, and the rest of Europe got its act together, we had the Atlantic Union. Separate nations and peoples who would fight for each other. The Chinese didn’t go to war to save Mongolia when the Russians conquered it.”

“Huh,” Standish said. “I never thought about it that way. Save those who’ll sacrifice for the whole.”

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Nichael posted:

I seriously felt so bad for Sanders. It was humiliating.

Losers get humiliated, it's a vital part of our democracy. Hillary not gritting her teeth while she tried to make it through a concession speech the night of means Sanders has too eat extra crow.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Why do people keep bringing up the concession speech? Who the gently caress cares about it? Hell, if I were her I still wouldn't have conceded. Go down in flames, it's the only thing that gets a rise out of anyone. Lose all dignity and self-respect and embrace Trumpism.

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

Epic High Five posted:

does Russia even have anything to offer the world beyond lovely vodka and depressing literature? I feel like they should be opposed on general principle until they create less depressing and oppressive national ethos

It's funny that they are currenlty culturally stuck in about 900 AD but possess modern technology. I suppose there is some sociology we could learn from that.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Nichael posted:

Why do people keep bringing up the concession speech? Who the gently caress cares about it? Hell, if I were her I still wouldn't have conceded.

shows a lack of character.

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

mmm I was expecting some good comments on that video and was not disappointed

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Baloogan posted:

shows a lack of character.

Hm kind of like how raping a 13 year old does too.

Or raping your first wife.

Or lying about your deals with Cuba to Cuban Americans a week after said deals.

Or deals with Saudi Arabia as you're saying your opponent does exactly that.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
rather, it confirmed what EVERYONE IN AMERICA thought: that hillary had zero character when the cards are down

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Baloogan posted:

rather, it confirmed what EVERYONE IN AMERICA thought: that hillary had zero character when the cards are down
Character doesn't win elections, Baloogan. Pussy grabbin' does.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
lol, lovely cowardly sanders getting owned by trump supporters made you even saltier lamo

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Kick Turkey out of NATO , put Russia in and we join forces in taking back Europe . Trump and Putin the ultimate team forever *draws heart around them*

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Nichael posted:

Why do people keep bringing up the concession speech? Who the gently caress cares about it? Hell, if I were her I still wouldn't have conceded. Go down in flames, it's the only thing that gets a rise out of anyone. Lose all dignity and self-respect and embrace Trumpism.

It was a significant failure. Not as significant as losing to Trump, but it was the cherry on top of the sundae. She could have come out, comforted her people, given them hope for the future. Instead she remained the closed-off caricature of a person she'd been the entire campaign. Shedding tears with her followers might have done them some good, and certainly no harm.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Baloogan posted:

lol, lovely cowardly sanders getting owned by trump supporters made you even saltier lamo

No?

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost
Thinking Trump is bad makes you a saltlord

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.

skaboomizzy posted:

I hope some reporter goes back there in 3 years and asks when Trump made the factories open back up, kicked out the illegals, and made all their dreams come true

Just hours upon hours of knocking on doors in the rust belt and asking people:

"Did Trump bring your non-union job back, like he promised he would? No? What do you think about the fact that he gutted your Social Security? Why do you think he didn't Build The Wall? Why do you think he appointed a shitload of Wall Street billionaires to his cabinet? Do you think you're better off now than you were when you voted for Trump? How's your experience shopping for private health insurance now that Paul Ryan privatized Medicare and you only get a voucher that covers a fraction of your premium?"

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

ScrubLeague posted:

Thinking Trump is bad makes you a saltlord

Apparently.

Relevant Tangent posted:

It was a significant failure. Not as significant as losing to Trump, but it was the cherry on top of the sundae. She could have come out, comforted her people, given them hope for the future. Instead she remained the closed-off caricature of a person she'd been the entire campaign. Shedding tears with her followers might have done them some good, and certainly no harm.

Nah, concessiongate was the least hosed part of 2016.

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug
Has there ever been a point in Russian history that wasn't completely miserable for its own people

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Man, must be fun being a sci-fi author. Just take one paragraph or two outta your rambling dimestore paperback to say "btw I was proved right as gently caress and all the countries I hate got poo poo on".

Trump's just about the first case where I can believe that yeah, people in the distant space future would still be talking about him. Like "How did we even survive long enough to make it to space when that guy was President once?" Either that or we'll just end up actually living in a post-apocalypse and all our fiction will be alternate universes where we still have things like jobs and cars and non-irradiated-water.

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
if all the old people die cuz they refuse to retire then trump is making jobs . Trump good

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

oh yeah Trump and his merry band of globalist billionaires are going to absolutely skullfuck the people who voted for them

I'd say I look forward to the meltdowns but last time I confessed to laughing out loud when some rural Kentuckian who was so proud that he voted away evil gubbment healthcare by voting for Bevin had a slow realization on air that he was literally going to loving die now, a slow and horrible death that he himself voted for I had a bunch of people jump down my throat so ya

Olga Gurlukovich
Nov 13, 2016

HorseRenoir posted:

Has there ever been a point in Russian history that wasn't completely miserable for its own people

they had some moments of really incredible hope and optimism lol

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
Like this one woman literally just said, "they said on the radio the illegals drive back down to Mexico to avoid paying their taxes and then drive back."

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Orwell is massively overrated and 1984 is goddamned near unreadable

Literally the only superior export the Russians possess is dystopian literature of all genres. All the ones we had to read in the Anglosphere were just lovely knockoffs of Russian ones who have had the USA 2016 despairing mindset for like 600 years

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

HorseRenoir posted:

Anytime Baba Yaga was helping a young man beat up Koschei was pretty great.

Grandmaster.flv
Jun 24, 2011
I don't know or understand baloogan's angle but I like it

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/iamjoonlee/status/808415700905787392

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

HorseRenoir posted:

Their two best leaders in their entire history were only considered good at all because they realized Russia was horrifying and tried to westernize. So no.

Grandmaster.flv
Jun 24, 2011
I've been to Turkey - it's lovely - I cannot wait to enslave their peoples

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
if we didn't die under Reagan or Nixon we sure as hell will not die under trump

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

also I think ima go back to being sober for the most poart tho I'm happy now that I am convicned that I can drink socially

frankly the buzz from booze is piss compared to getting high, not sure why I used to enjoy this so mcuh

Rookoo
Jul 24, 2007
Late to the Joeysworldtour chat, but:

https://youtu.be/0VRdUlDINV4

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

I'd be happy too if i were the jenkem queen

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Nichael posted:

Apparently.

Nah, concessiongate was the least hosed part of 2016.

Trump making GBS threads on forty years of diplomacy with China for no readily apparent reason was pretty great, if we are actually going to be serious about democracy.

Sai
Sep 20, 2004

wait why isnt erdogan also loved by the assad/putin/trump/le pen adoring altright idiots? do they just have a hardon for cute kurdish chicks?

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Epic High Five posted:

also I think ima go back to being sober for the most poart tho I'm happy now that I am convicned that I can drink socially

frankly the buzz from booze is piss compared to getting high, not sure why I used to enjoy this so mcuh

congrats

i like putting a bit o scotch in my tea or a bit o brandy and its not really ABOUT the buzz its about how it helps things flow

like, if ya drinking to get drunk ur not doing it rite!

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Sai posted:

wait why isnt erdogan also loved by the assad/putin/trump/le pen adoring altright idiots? do they just have a hardon for cute kurdish chicks?

lol what is different about erdogan than the rest you just named ? Think real hard oh wait he's an Islamist piece of poo poo

Grandmaster.flv
Jun 24, 2011

Baloogan posted:

like, if ya drinking to get drunk ur not doing it rite!

idgi

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.

Relevant Tangent posted:

Trump making GBS threads on forty years of diplomacy with China for no readily apparent reason was pretty great, if we are actually going to be serious about democracy.

And he did it thanks to like $200K of lobbying money paid to barely mobile meat-husk Bob Dole

• Locked thread