Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

vanisher posted:

I'll try and improve the breeding experience in future screens thanks for the note

Thanks! Sorry if i'm being pushy I know everybody at HDB is way too busy on the forums campaign to do work on the game.

Any plans for a crossover with this

I mean look at that long neck, it's perfect for guillotines.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hyperdevbox
Aug 22, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Hello you awfuls,

So I hope everyone understands that we have been working very hard on the crowdfunding campaign page for the last 2 months, and therefore have paused all the work on the development of the game.
I am really looking forward to that moment where the campaign is a success, and we can continue developing the game while being in constant contact with you guys here, and update you regularly about our progress.
Which means, you WILL get to see ALL the juicy screenies, art, and music, as the creation process develops.

By the way, in our campaign page there will be a LOT of info and details about the game, and I'm sure that it will satisfy some of your cravings to a certain extent. Not to mention, as the campaign is running, we will update it all the time.

Update: We are now proofreading the campaign page (English, french & Japanese), and finalizing the Pitch videos. Everything is looking good and almost ready to go!

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Did it really take you two months to make a Kickstarter page?

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

Baron Corbyn posted:

Did it really take you two months to make a Kickstarter page?

No he said it took four months.

voodoo dog
Jun 6, 2001

Gun Saliva
I really hope he is "rolling with the punches" so to speak..

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

I cannot wait for all the juicy screenies

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe
I think its less "rolling" more "please give me money you loving internet plebs"

hyperdevbox posted:

Hello you awfuls,
Oblivious crap no-one read.

Hi Ron, or whatever.
You know, you would probably get a better response in fyad.

Golden Goat posted:

Thanks! Sorry if i'm being pushy I know everybody at HDB is way too busy on the forums campaign to do work on the game.

Any plans for a crossover with this

I mean look at that long neck, it's perfect for guillotines.

I dropped this on Ron, while he was enjoying some R&R with bath salts and baby laxitive, the stream of conciousness we got was amusing:
ah okay...the pic is....nice art...i guess^^'
Two main questions I want to discuss in my following Essay as art expert (because we all know, I am an art expert.)

1. What do we see: An advanced centaur. Friendly green eyes. Decent smile, a bit shy maybe. On the left side of this masterpiece he is somewhere outside, maybe on a field looking for some food (we see the yummy carrots). It's a quite green field, Looks like the Farmers take their job seriously in this area. In the Background: A church, mountains, a cloudy sky. It's evidently that the Setting must be somewhere in Switzerland. Japanese artists like Switzerland as we have seen with "Heidi". So that's proof enough. But where does he look? I think he Looks to a photographer, bc the style of the left side is very photograph-ish (is that a word?).

The centaur 2.0 seems sparkling healthy...what we don't know, for we can't see it: Is he a gelding, or not? But it seems he is not, because he's still very attracted to human females, as we can see on the right side, where suddenly the background is purple (is it purple?)...weeell but the Chosen colour on this Background can't be a coincidence: purple - the colour of sexual disappointment. So...might be, he is a gelding bc humans castrated him against his wish? We don't know it. And obviously the Girl is not very amused, as she raises her fist and raises her eyebrows.

There is a last question: Why does the 90%-centaurboy sparkle? Is he a Vampire centaur? Is he god checking out if religious people follow his rules? I think the last one is the best Explanation.

2. What is the meaning of this art work?
Well, the message is veeeeery ....Special. I think it is evident that this is a religious artwork. Be careful, it says, he's watching you! It could be the sparkling sweaty horse next door! And he can make a whole countryside changing into a bubblegum universe.

staberind fucked around with this message at 11:30 on Dec 14, 2016

Rev. Melchisedech Howler
Sep 5, 2006

You know. Leather.

randombattle posted:

No he said it took four months.

And not just him. The entire development team.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

You don't understand game development.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer

hyperdevbox posted:

Hello you awfuls,

So I hope everyone understands that we have been working very hard on the crowdfunding campaign page for the last 2 months, and therefore have paused all the work on the development of the game.
I am really looking forward to that moment where the campaign is a success, and we can continue developing the game while being in constant contact with you guys here, and update you regularly about our progress.
Which means, you WILL get to see ALL the juicy screenies, art, and music, as the creation process develops.

By the way, in our campaign page there will be a LOT of info and details about the game, and I'm sure that it will satisfy some of your cravings to a certain extent. Not to mention, as the campaign is running, we will update it all the time.

Update: We are now proofreading the campaign page (English, french & Japanese), and finalizing the Pitch videos. Everything is looking good and almost ready to go!

Why would developers have to stop to make a crowdfunding page? Why?

voodoo dog
Jun 6, 2001

Gun Saliva

nerdz posted:

Well, why work on something if you might not get paid for it? :)

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

nerdz posted:

Lookit this chump that doesn't realize the blood, sweat, tears, and copius amounts of semen that go into making a good crowdfunding page

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
After the extensive outreach program we've seen here on the hip internet web spot "Something Awful", I think it's safe to say, pouring their entire company's resources into registering an account with kickstarter is absolutely the kind of quality we should be expecting.

I hope one of the stretch goals is a collector's edition guillotine. Maybe even a set with different outfits! can any of the devs please confirm this so I can get my wallet ready?

DropsySufferer
Nov 9, 2008

Impractical practicality

hyperdevbox posted:

Hello you awfuls,

:allears:

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender

this is a stickup posted:

After the extensive outreach program we've seen here on the hip internet web spot "Something Awful", I think it's safe to say, pouring their entire company's resources into registering an account with kickstarter is absolutely the kind of quality we should be expecting.

I hope one of the stretch goals is a collector's edition guillotine. Maybe even a set with different outfits! can any of the devs please confirm this so I can get my wallet ready?

$1,000,000 stretch goal: a Thermidor JRPG developer gets Guillotined, streamed on Twitch!

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

I mean, 'we'll add guillotines to the game' would be a pretty amazing kickstarter stretch goal and why not do it if the masses want it? Just a thought but what do I know, I'm only a marketing expert in a big corporation.

Sdoots
Nov 3, 2013

I did this and could have stopped it, but nothing in nature ever follows a gaussian curve. Sure, they'll tell you that it does. They say that every five minutes someone dies in a car accident, but how often are there seven hundred and sixty one armless and legless corpses in one hangar?
Idk I'm kinda getting burnt out on guillotines

power gauntlets on the other hand...

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
it's the french revolution.

power epaulettes, if anything.

hyperdevbox
Aug 22, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Someone changed the thread title again

hyperdevbox fucked around with this message at 05:04 on Dec 16, 2016

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.

hyperdevbox posted:

Someone changed the thread title again FFS

:allears:

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

hyperdevbox posted:

You must have got drunk at the Christmas Party and did it yourself because the mod team here are all fine, upstanding people who wouldn't try to sabotage a work of art like Thermidor JRPG.

But Not Tonight
May 22, 2006

I could show you around the sights.

yea, they should change it to something like "Thermidor JRPG - NO NEW DEVELOPMENT" because this current thread title sucks and is misleading, I see no juicy screenies

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender

hyperdevbox posted:

Keep your cool. Nobody likes a developer with a loose head.

Rev. Melchisedech Howler
Sep 5, 2006

You know. Leather.
It was me, sorry.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

So wait did hyperdevbox change the thread title or not!?

SenseLess
May 4, 2007

I don't see any change on my end, some of you probably just have some kind of malware installed on your computers.

Eastbound Spider
Jan 2, 2011

Where are my juicy screenis? :( I love juicy screenies and now this game dev have made me sad are you proud of yourself? you made me cry tears irl (in real life)

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

So for this theoretical croudfunding. Can one donate money to have a character in the game and how much would it cost for Brooks Cracktackle to be in the game.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
how do you say "for fucks sake" in the japanese dialect they spoke in late 1700s france

voodoo dog
Jun 6, 2001

Gun Saliva

randombattle posted:

So for this theoretical croudfunding. Can one donate money to have a character in the game and how much would it cost for Brooks Cracktackle to be in the game.
I would definitely pitch in for that!

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

I have a bad feeling about this, I'm sorry OP for the distress you're experiencing with the thread title changes. It's either some 4chan hacker (they like to ddos us all the time) or somebody way higher up and I mean WAY higher up on this site's foodchain personally changing the title. It would have to be the site owner or maybe a sysadmin or the site's propaganda minister or somebody crazy powerful like that but my security clearances sadly don't go high enough to tell (think of SA as a little Pentagon). I have the syspanel before my eyes right now and the username written next to the thread title change only says 'rogue one'. I can't click on anything here, I'll escalate the issue to more powerful Mo-Mos, I'll have to trust my feelings here.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

It's really sad to think one of the Mo-Mos could be responsible for this. I hope it proves to be the work of those rascals at 4chan again.

Aardark
Aug 5, 2004

by Lowtax
Rascals? Mo-Mos? Excuse me, are you autistic?

But seriously though, I would like to see some new screenies. Do you have any timeline for when you could get them edited and uploaded, etc.?

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Aardark posted:

But seriously though, I would like to see some new screenies. Do you have any timeline for when you could get them edited and uploaded, etc.?

They can't work on the game right now, they are working on the kickstarter page! It will be done in another month, very soon! They have been working hard on it the last few months!

Sdoots
Nov 3, 2013

I did this and could have stopped it, but nothing in nature ever follows a gaussian curve. Sure, they'll tell you that it does. They say that every five minutes someone dies in a car accident, but how often are there seven hundred and sixty one armless and legless corpses in one hangar?

Aardark posted:

yes

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

hyperdevbox posted:

Someone changed the thread title again
I changed the thread title because you used the phrase "juicy screenies" to refer to game screenshots, and I liked it. Since the title referred to game screenshots, it was a change that made sense. This is normal. Threads that run for a bit get new titles based on things said in the threads.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

So you're the rogue one, I'll remember this.

Ayn Marx
Dec 21, 2012

this is a stickup posted:

how do you say "for fucks sake" in the japanese dialect they spoke in late 1700s france

Putain de merde de sa race sa mère chien de la casse (say it fast)

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

FactsAreUseless posted:

I changed the thread title because you used the phrase "juicy screenies" to refer to game screenshots, and I liked it. Since the title referred to game screenshots, it was a change that made sense. This is normal. Threads that run for a bit get new titles based on things said in the threads.

What's it like being history's greatest monster?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OneTwentySix
Nov 5, 2007

fun
FUN
FUN

Bullshit, everyone knows history's greatest monster is Koschei the Deathless.

• Locked thread