Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
d0grent
Dec 5, 2004

rabidsquid posted:

just buy those 1700 ip thing from the store, blue essence comes out of it all the time when you combine them into a mystery champion. or i think you can disenchant the champ too? i dont remember. the point is those exist so you can get on demand blue essence.

holy crap thank you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

So is Camille broken on PBE

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

The LoL experience.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
That dude rules

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD

How Rude posted:

supports are actually the strongest in that you get to decide who lives and dies on your team.

You can also directly poo poo on the annoying enemy Rengar/Yasuo/Riven main that keeps diving your ADC/Midlaner every single fight and see them rage in all chat. anything that removes agency from the enemy makes me happy

good supports also have the game sense and map awareness to not ward when it would get them killed unconditionally.

Oh wow I get to decide who lives and dies on my team? I mean not like how a tank would, by completely locking down whoever's coming at them while being immortal. But still: I get to stand behind someone and press the heal button. I get to decide who lives on my team! what a great, powerful feeling thing... way more powerful than getting to decide who lives and dies on the enemy team, via killing them with my items.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Work Friend Keven posted:

Oh wow I get to decide who lives and dies on my team? I mean not like how a tank would, by completely locking down whoever's coming at them while being immortal. But still: I get to stand behind someone and press the heal button. I get to decide who lives on my team! what a great, powerful feeling thing... way more powerful than getting to decide who lives and dies on the enemy team, via killing them with my items.

Yes, actually, way better.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
smh at these beta manlets.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

ImpAtom posted:

The LoL experience.

Voting "i don't speak mcdonald" for the Season 7 thread subtitle.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.
Several hours later, and I have yet to get a win. :(

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

Several hours later, and I have yet to get a win. :(

For what it's worth, I've found that the easiest way to avoid loss streaks is to set a hard limit as to the number of losses in a row I'll allow before I get up and take a break for an hour or so and then vigorously stick to it. My current limit is two games in a row, since I feel like one loss isn't bad, but after a second loss, I'll go into the third game thinking, "Okay, I really have to win this one..." and start playing on tilt.

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

ImpAtom posted:

Yes, actually, way better.

when the idiot Yasuo one trick types in all chat "Janna OP" because you ulted him then exhausted him when he flashes back in only to die it feels way better for sure

kung fu jive
Jul 2, 2014

SOPHISTICATED DOG SHIT
I don't understand OTP players. There are so many good and fun champs; I can't imagine just playing one over and over. Examples of good and fun champs: Fiora and Fiora.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Vermain posted:

For what it's worth, I've found that the easiest way to avoid loss streaks is to set a hard limit as to the number of losses in a row I'll allow before I get up and take a break for an hour or so and then vigorously stick to it. My current limit is two games in a row, since I feel like one loss isn't bad, but after a second loss, I'll go into the third game thinking, "Okay, I really have to win this one..." and start playing on tilt.

The only winning move is not to play. Can't lose if you don't play.

amazeballs posted:

I don't understand OTP players. There are so many good and fun champs; I can't imagine just playing one over and over. Examples of good and fun champs: Fiora and Fiora.

That's people who only care about their ranking. They'll play 10,000 games with one champion until their knowledge of every matchup is so deep they have trouble losing. If you look at high rank you'll see a lot of that, if memory serves; just people spamming the same champion all day every day.

I agree that that's pretty boring.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

Vermain posted:

I am not even really on tilt, I just am getting the dumbest mother fuckers lol. It's so sad.

Last game featured a Xerath who gave up after dying once to Ekko, a shyvanna without smite, and an Ezeal who kept e-ing into Vayne. 10/10.

BI NOW GAY LATER fucked around with this message at 04:40 on Dec 13, 2016

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012

Work Friend Keven posted:

*shields my carry for 350 while the enemy bruiser rampages through our entire team with a 2000 health shield from colossus that refreshes every four seconds*

I'M HELPING!

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Andichu stop using hitbox, their site stinks and was even ditched by gross gord

If you're not going to stream on twitch like a decent person, stream on YouTube, a site which can actual handle more than 30 concurrent streamers

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Teikanmi posted:

Andichu stop using hitbox, their site stinks and was even ditched by gross gord

If you're not going to stream on twitch like a decent person, stream on YouTube, a site which can actual handle more than 30 concurrent streamers

when am i ever going to have more than 30 viewers?

but fine fine, i can switch back to twitch tomorrow.

also status update: a remake is technically not a loss.

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
San Francisco is a pretty dirty rear end area compared to where I was in Virginia :(

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
hi guys, what do you do against an ulting tryndamere. ty

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Tired Moritz posted:

Hit him with CC, walk away laughing.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
oh gently caress, is he another old kat who's basically "save your cc for this one dude or else enjoy having getting pentakilled"

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Tired Moritz posted:

Chain stun. Knock him away. That sort of thing.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

Tired Moritz posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XPY5P0TaC4k

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Tired Moritz posted:

oh gently caress, is he another old kat who's basically "save your cc for this one dude or else enjoy having getting pentakilled"

Eh, not really.

Trynd has a few moments where he can't be killed but none of his other weaknesses go away. He can be stunned, slowed, knocked away, basically anything, and unlike Kat he can't inject an insane amount of damage in under a second. The key is to either bait out his ult when you know you can retreat or just treat him like you would someone who is tanky enough you can't kill them quickly.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

you kill tryndamere as he's walking towards you, and then when he ults you just keep kiting him and when it runs out he dies

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Does this look like the face of mercy, kupo?

How Rude posted:

bad idea. you get absolutely no AP out of it when there are a bunch of different AP + Mana items you could get instead.

it felt good because we had a support brand so he'd be doing a lot of ap damage anyway

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

...I'm sorry. I can't seem to remember any of the rest.
olaf is significantly more obnoxious than tryndamere, even a slow will ruin tryndamere's day. the only cc that can stop an ulting olaf is death

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Banning Yasuo is always a good idea. He is the perfect example of Shaco syndrome. God on enemy team and poo poo on your team. I actually got carried by one Yasuo during placements but it was very obvious he was smurfing because he had like 20 kills every single game and no previous season ranking. So ya the only time Yasuo carries is if he is smurfing/stomping noobs.

Haven't seen Camille because she is always banned but one guy in my team said he is a camille one trick. He wanted to play Camille support which he had been playing upon seeing his opgg. People are the dumbest. How can u become a Camille one trick on the first day and he played it in all roles. Fortunately enemy team banned it so I didn't have to witness the support Camille.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Well support Camille worked relatively well the one time I played it, you've got a pretty obnoxious stun and slow and if you can make it to 6 you can probably ensure your adc gets a killed. On the other hand she does need items and in general it's a bad idea I was just in normals and wanted to try her.

Honestly though Camille seems kind of gross kit-wise, as it does so many different things that if she gets ahead top it's rather hard to stop her from staying ahead. At least in lane.

I honestly prefer the design stylings of Tryndamere/Yi where they do one thing quite well over the nonsense do everything of Camille.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
Tryndamere Alternate Ending: play Warwick, ult him a few seconds into his ult, use mastery emote

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
Does support poppy max E or Q cause both seem good

Orv
May 4, 2011
The way Camille floats for her W is really loving with me.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
ended season in silver, placements put me at bronze5

goddamnit riot

someone boost me to gold or something so i dont have to play with bronze vaynes

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

i'll boost you to gold 5 for $6900

Shelvocke
Aug 6, 2013

Microwave Engraver
Ward, or, for example, placing yourself physically in the bush and deconstructing the hapless squishy who walks into it.

A good tactic is to look the matchup up on op.gg in load screen and find the player who has lost a few games recently. Then bully that person so they're miserable. Psychological warfare.

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

underage at the vape shop posted:

Does support poppy max E or Q cause both seem good

id go e since it gives you stun duration and Q's %health damage is constant between levels

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

rabidsquid posted:

i'll boost you to gold 5 for $6900

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Vermain posted:

Voting "i don't speak mcdonald" for the Season 7 thread subtitle.

seconded

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
Welcome to our League of Legends champion spotlight featuring Norm, the Jokebringer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
it is so weird actually carrying people wtf how did this happen

• Locked thread