Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HJB
Feb 16, 2011

:swoon: I can't get enough of are Dan :swoon:

quote:

In other statistics released, Ferrari's Sebastian Vettel was remarkably passed only once throughout the campaign

(guess what I found again)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

I miss happy Seb. Good times.

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:
Keep Crofty, get rid of Brundle. Those grid walks suck.

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

I think Brundle is quite good. He's better at talking about the cars handling than Coultard, I think and he clearly loves the sport.
Crofty is almost as bad as James Allen. In fact, I think he's worse, with the public school nicknames and mannerisms. Ted is similar.
Ted especially drives me nuts. I don't care about him, only the information he can delivers, which he often fails to do.
Legard wasn't very good, but he didn't annoy me, so just based on that, I think he was the least worst of the 'modern' batch.
Oh and Eddie Jordan should just go jump in a lake. What an obnoxious prick. How on earth did he ever manage to run a F1 team?

McGuinty
Feb 11, 2008

Where's the nearest golf course? I have to shit.

iospace posted:

Then again, I love Bob Uecker, so whatever

I love Norm MacDonald's Bob Uecker stories.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Bob Uecker is cool and good

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'
Jesus I'm watching Silverstone 2003 and on the grid there's Alonso but also.... Verstappen.

Max was like 4 back then and Nando was already in F1 racing against his daddy

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014

I wouldn't really call what Jos did "racing"

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Oh poo poo this was the race where that idiot Neil Horan ran onto the track.

enri
Dec 16, 2003

Hope you're having an amazing day

You could have the best commentators in the world, but if they're commentating on the steaming pile of poo poo the neighbors cat has left in your garden then they're not going to be all that convincing, no matter how hard they try.

IMHO.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

El Hefe posted:

Oh poo poo this was the race where that idiot Neil Horan ran onto the track.
If only he were still active in F1 today. We might have some entertaining races.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

If only he were still active in F1 today. We might have some entertaining races.

he's set his sights elsewhere

https://twitter.com/realflanmurray/status/805840862961864705

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014

Guys I don't think its fair to dox poty like this.

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?
As an American who watches F1 by downloading sky coverage because the American coverage has ad breaks during the race I like Crofty more than anyone we have here.

Except the guy that made this. He rules.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SKr4dhxIwZ0

Halo14
Sep 11, 2001

keevo posted:

Keep Crofty, get rid of Brundle. Those grid walks suck.

This, also keep Ant.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

GutBomb posted:

As an American who watches F1 by downloading sky coverage because the American coverage has ad breaks during the race
I choose Nothing But Commercials over Sky's uninterrupted Crofty every time and I have no regrets

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

I choose Nothing But Commercials over Sky's uninterrupted Crofty every time and I have no regrets

On the occasion where I can watch a race live I'll watch NBC and flip to Univision (Spanish language channel) when NBC goes to commercials because for some reason Univision manages to still make a profit without any ad-break while NBC can't manage to go 10 minutes without 2 minutes of ads.

Also Crofty is good.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

A Good Post

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Just saw James Allen in an interview talking about Senna and how he had a light shining on him, a sort of aura, whenever he won a race and he says "kind of like Lewis Hamilton" lmao

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

HUOWAHWOAHWOAHOWAHOWAH

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014

This is not acceptable in a world where Channel 4 broadcasts alot of the races.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

1500quidporsche posted:

This is not acceptable in a world where Channel 4 broadcasts alot of the races.

But NBC is channel 4 where I live :confused:

Dumb Username
Oct 20, 2012
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U4E9Qx5_lTY

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

El Hefe posted:

Jesus I'm watching Silverstone 2003 and on the grid there's Alonso but also.... Verstappen.

Max was like 4 back then and Nando was already in F1 racing against his daddy

Verstappen was atrocious that year. Thankfully it spelt the end of his career.

aequalis
Aug 11, 2010

Fernando is smugger than you. Can you confirm you understand that message?

ImplicitAssembler posted:

I think Brundle is quite good. He's better at talking about the cars handling than Coultard, I think and he clearly loves the sport.
Crofty is almost as bad as James Allen. In fact, I think he's worse, with the public school nicknames and mannerisms. Ted is similar.
Ted especially drives me nuts. I don't care about him, only the information he can delivers, which he often fails to do.
Legard wasn't very good, but he didn't annoy me, so just based on that, I think he was the least worst of the 'modern' batch.
Oh and Eddie Jordan should just go jump in a lake. What an obnoxious prick. How on earth did he ever manage to run a F1 team?

Your opinions are cool and good.

Except for Legard. gently caress that guy, I mean honestly, what was he doing there?

AgentJotun
Nov 1, 2007
So who is a less bad choice Bottas or Wehrlein, cause it looks like were gonna be stuck with one of em. Unless Sainz' management can work some magic, which for the sake of next season being watchable I hope they can.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Bottas if only because it'd be nice to see his wife in the Merc garage.

Also he's had 9 podiums with Williams in the last 3 years, including Canada this year (which is pretty good considering its been all Merc domination in that time). I was genuinely surprised when I looked it up and saw he actually had that many podiums.

If you check his results, he's actually been the best non factory driver (and done better than several RBR/Ferrari drivers) several times in the last couple of years. Arguably this last season has been his worst, with an 8th place overall, but the car clearly hasn't been as good this year (they got beaten by Force India), and he still comfortably outscored Massa.

Carth Dookie fucked around with this message at 11:54 on Dec 13, 2016

Brainwrong
Mar 20, 2004

RIP Bobby K
Poland's Rose. Like a cabbage in the wind.

El Hefe posted:

Just saw James Allen in an interview talking about Senna and how he had a light shining on him, a sort of aura, whenever he won a race and he says "kind of like Lewis Hamilton" lmao

He has a point. Both drivers were/are blessed by Jesus, widely hated and so far in the closet they were in Narnia

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

Bottas would fit mercs probably criteria of a solid second driver. Merc know this rule change is going to bring more cars into play so they need someone who can be reliable and score podiums and generally help them win the WCC which is all they care about.

MZ
Apr 21, 2004

Excuse me while I kiss the sky.

learnincurve posted:

97 was peak Walker. Most brits who watched it at the time could tell you about Coulthard being in a McLaren, Herbert being on the podium in a Sauber, and Hill, Hill, Damon Hill, but not who actually won the championship.

I can tell you (without googling it!) that it was Jaques Villeneuve :)

Bottas / Wehrlein would be the most boring choice :(

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Anyone who says Crofty is good or is better than Brundle really needs to have their head examined.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

El Hefe posted:

I liked when Alonso owned Brundle.

When was that?

I did enjoy Kimi's grid interview with Brundle from wayback...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fqy4uClJcs4

But Nando loving owning Johnny Herbert on live TV for suggesting he was past it and should retire is a 2016 highlight

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3lAIx6MrePw

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

This is good and shouldn't be ignored

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Diet Crack posted:

Anyone who says Crofty is good or is better than Brundle really needs to have their head examined.

This is like saying getting kicked in the balls is worse than getting punched in the balls.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
And Felipe stirring it up

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ypHfOQxZzBs

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

aequalis posted:

Your opinions are cool and good.

Except for Legard. gently caress that guy, I mean honestly, what was he doing there?

I seem to remember that Legard was the guy who made us realise that James Allen was Not That Bad.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
I was talking to [name] in the paddock earlier and he said....Last night back at the hotel [name] told me...

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!

:britain::respek::godwin:

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
Guys, I am now officially super stoked about the 2017 formula. Toro Rosso's tech director said its the biggest mix up in the 19 years he's been in the sport. Completely different cars in every single way minus the power units of course.

Think I'll ramp up my posting game in anticipation. Good loving riddance to this past horrible loving formula.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mactheknife
Jul 20, 2004

THE JOLLY CANDY-LIKE BUTTON
So I've been watching season reviews on YouTube, started randomly with 2008 which was pretty entertaining. It seems like the cars were way more difficult to drive in that era, is that accurate? It's like they drive like they're on rails now but watching these recaps it looks like there were more spins/wrecks/cars stepping out. Was there any engineering reason for that? I'm kind of a Luddite idiot when it comes to the technical side of things.

• Locked thread