Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Manatee Cannon posted:

I'm proud of yamcha for finally finding a use for his otherwise utterly useless spirit ball technique

hey spirit ball would have worked if the guy he'd been using it on hadn't turned out to be kami

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

ImpAtom posted:

It isn't Yamcha's fault those other scrubs can't figure out something innate to all human beings. What next, you're saying people should run slower because those other craplords can't keep up?

Is a man not entitled to the Ki of his brow?

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Blockhouse posted:

hey spirit ball would have worked if the guy he'd been using it on hadn't turned out to be kami

things tend to work better when you use them against people weaker than you rather than stronger, I agree

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Maybe Kami shouldn't have been a dick and possessed someone without his consent.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

ImpAtom posted:

It isn't Yamcha's fault those other scrubs can't figure out something innate to all human beings. What next, you're saying people should run slower because those other craplords can't keep up?

Everyone on Earth is lazy. Whats the point of taking years learning how to fly when you can just buy a hover bike capsule?

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Pureauthor posted:

Maybe Kami shouldn't have been a dick and possessed someone without his consent.

He was en route to suicide himself, cut him a break it was a rough week broski

White Light fucked around with this message at 07:32 on Dec 13, 2016

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Hit would've won at Baseball using time-skip

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
Why wasn't Frost invited to the baseball game?

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Rhonne posted:

Because he's evil and Champa isn't

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Rhonne posted:

champa said he's a pain in the rear end to get ahold of so i mean why bother when its for something that doesnt matter

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

Rhonne posted:

Well Frost was never seen moving again after Hit beat him, so my assumption is he's dead and nobody noticed during the tournament.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Kelp Plankton posted:

champa said he's a pain in the rear end to get ahold of so i mean why bother when its for something that doesnt matter

That was Hit.

BurningDance
Apr 27, 2010
Gohan's book on Ki is going to expose Yamcha for his fraudulence

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

it will allow yamcha to become the greatest baseball coach of all time actually

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Champa can move faster than the eye can see and has superhuman strength. If he can't hit a baseball thrown by a chump he needs to get good.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Kild posted:

That was Hit.

yeah frost probably wasn't invited because he's a piece of poo poo and champa would probably kill him again as soon as look at him

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Josuke Higashikata posted:

yamcha can move faster than the eye can see and has superhuman strength

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I want a follow up to this episode where someone, I don't know who, let's just say Dende, gets the teams back together and berates both of them for perverting the honor of "the game."

Yamcha gets into the hall of fame years later anyway, but with an asterisk attached to his name.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
I hope they do a cop Krillin ep.

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

I'll remind you that I have a very large stick.

BizarroAzrael posted:

I hope they do a cop Krillin ep.

Ideally, a Krillin-focused episode would be a bit of a day in the life for him. Breakfast with his hot cyborg wife and cute lil' daughter, morning patrol and telling some of the fellow officers about the crazy things he's been up to ("You know my buddy Goku and I found sunken pirate treasure when we were kids? Even fought a pirate robot!"), catching criminals (maybe a surprise run-in with Launch!), saving hostages (maybe Krillin mentioning he knows Great Saiyaman!), and at the end of the day he comes home and like, mentions to 18 that they should meet with her brother again some time. Oooh, ooh, or maybe have him end up with Goku's family for a nice dinner together, and as a callback, they go out for seafood Goku's the one who ends up with food poisoning this time.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

CharlestheHammer posted:

In real life? Not really. In a land were you can infuse a ball with magic, probably.

It's still possible in real life, you just have to have a slow swing to do it with any real accuracy. A problem any hitter of even Yamcha's level shouldn't have much of a problem with since they should have enough speed and perception to do it. I don't think Yamcha should be using that move in regular people baseball, but then I can't see why he'd have to, since he's capable of speed and strength orders of magnitude beyond a normal human.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
Are you literally saying baseball players in real life can change the direction of the ball after it has left their hands, because if so I'm going to claim you are insane.

Professional baseball players can change the direction and flow of the ball only while their fingers are still touching the ball, albeit there is a lot of things they can do to influence it's trajectory while it is still in their hands.

What Yamcha did was cheat.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Where was the commissioner in all this, I ask you?

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Mordaedil posted:

Are you literally saying baseball players in real life can change the direction of the ball after it has left their hands

No, I'm saying someone can change the direction of a bat swing in real life, and that it's only really possible for real people using a slow speed because of limits on our senses and speed of movement that a trained superhuman like Yamcha wouldn't have. As well as that it's not really cheating even if he can change the direction of the ball after it's left his hand because it's a learnable, trainable skill that he's using to do so, that anyone can replicate with dedication as well as keep up with and hit regardless if they're trained enough. It's not cheating because it's not magic or a trick, it's just training.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
Ah, bat swing makes more sense. Though what Yamcha did wasn't what you said, he literally used his ki ball controlling move to make the ball move over the bat in the last second.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
His ki ball controlling move is still a learnable, trainable skill though and someone that has both good enough perception and good enough reaction should be able to change the swing to hit it regardless of when he changed it. The Bear guy batting against him noticed the change in ball trajectory immediately. He just didn't react in time. If he was expecting it he may have been able to do so.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
I'm sorry, I didn't realize you lived on a different planet.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
In sports anime land that move isn't even outrageous, it's probably what the middle school protagonist defeats in his first game against the cocky unbeatable rival school.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Mordaedil posted:

I'm sorry, I didn't realize you lived on a different planet.

I didn't realize you failed to grasp the difference between reality and theoretical fantasy.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

If using ki to shoot lasers at your opponent in martial arts is not illegal than surely imbuing ki into a baseball to allow for better pitches is similarly fair and ok.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Champa can move even faster than the faster than the eye can see that Yamcha can and has more superhuman strength than the superhuman strength that Yamcha has. :colbert:

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

tsob posted:

I didn't realize you failed to grasp the difference between reality and theoretical fantasy.

We were literally just talking about reality, not fantasy.

tsob posted:

It's still possible in real life, you just have to have a slow swing to do it with any real accuracy.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
I also noted immediately after that how only someone with superhuman senses and superhuman strength i.e. that not obtainable in reality could do more than that.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Speak for yourself, I can do Kamehamehas for days.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
The only kamehameha wave I've ever succeeded in doing has been through my butt. I practice it every day, but I still can't get it to do more than a small splash :(

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Speak for yourself, I can do Kamehamehas for days.

tsob posted:

The only kamehameha wave I've ever succeeded in doing has been through my butt. I practice it every day, but I still can't get it to do more than a small splash :(

Tell your stories, goons. I knew a kid in middle school who swore up and down that he could do a kamehameha IRL, but he can't show us right now because it takes him like an hour to charge up.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I just watched the instructional anime called Drangoball

Captain Quack
Feb 18, 2013
First chapter of Yamcha's mangá:
http://plus.shonenjump.com/rensai_detail.html?item_cd=SHSA_JP02PLUS00005918_57

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

deadly_pudding posted:

Tell your stories, goons. I knew a kid in middle school who swore up and down that he could do a kamehameha IRL, but he can't show us right now because it takes him like an hour to charge up.

I just tried charging it for an hour. Trip report: didn't help.

Edit: Or should I say, didn't do poo poo

tsob fucked around with this message at 16:03 on Dec 13, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
I tried holding all of my ki under my body to lift off the ground but I only made a mess on the floor please help.

• Locked thread