Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Cool Buff Man posted:

that OKC would be a smoldering crater

way too loving soon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

Mr. Mambold posted:

way too loving soon

On the day of the bombing Andrew Wiggins was 55 days old, Zach LaVine was 40 days old, and KAT's mother was roughly two months pregnant.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun

dokmo posted:

You bet what is this the dark ages? We have access to real data now no need to rely on medieval numerology anymore. His cherry picking number quest is killing their offense.

Sorry Dokmo but I read in the entrails of a bird that they'd have the 30th offense in the league without him

Halfling Wizard Bear
Oct 12, 2003

I have a competition in me. I want no one else to succeed. I hate most people.
Not sure if this has been posted before but this site is a searchable highlight database. It logs misses, fouls and TOs too so if you're bored you can plug in your least favorite player for a lil' shaudenfreude

https://3ball.io/

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

The importance of this mission cannot be overemphasized

Halfling Wizard Bear posted:

Not sure if this has been posted before but this site is a searchable highlight database. It logs misses, fouls and TOs too so if you're bored you can plug in your least favorite player for a lil' shaudenfreude

Yes, thank you

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Ingram is already defending too well to be Bennett. He has good shooting mechanics and nights where he looks like a legitimate offensive weapon, but nights where nothing goes in, which could mean he could still not be a star, but there are worse things than that. Right now some of the challenge is finding him a position, and he's seen time at all five.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Remember when Blazers fans and other morons were pumping Lillard for MVP after a week

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Rick posted:

Ingram is already defending too well to be Bennett. He has good shooting mechanics and nights where he looks like a legitimate offensive weapon, but nights where nothing goes in, which could mean he could still not be a star, but there are worse things than that. Right now some of the challenge is finding him a position, and he's seen time at all five.

Yeah, he is clearly showing effort and skills out there, so that is well above Bennet, but he could still end up another Derrick Williams. I personally doubt that, but it could happen.

Also, remember this before we all decide on player's fate: http://fivethirtyeight.com/datalab/andrew-wiggins-lebron-james/

The Glumslinger fucked around with this message at 03:00 on Dec 13, 2016

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

Myles Turner is better than Karl Anthony Towns.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
I dont have stats or pretty charts but Paul George's midrange jumper is the best most prettiest thing in the league

straight up brolic posted:

He's developed a 3 point shot too. It's nice.

Haha just as I typed that he just hit a step-back trey

Athanatos fucked around with this message at 03:25 on Dec 13, 2016

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

The Glumslinger posted:

Yeah, he is clearly showing effort and skills out there, so that is well above Bennet, but he could still end up another Derrick Williams. I personally doubt that, but it could happen.

Also, remember this before we all decide on player's fate: http://fivethirtyeight.com/datalab/andrew-wiggins-lebron-james/
I think Ingram will finish his career as someone between Wesley Johnson and Rashard Lewis on offense depending on if he ever finds comfortability, but he has huge defensive upside, like Bender he looks AK-47ish sometimes with the wingspan and the way that he alters typically open options.

Player comps rule

Smellyhead
Jun 20, 2003
Cabbages smell funny too.
I feel like this thread needs more Adams quotes:

“I’m not really into them. I don’t really care,” Adams said of Westbrook’s triple-doubles. “It’s more so his energy and his leadership. And then as a dude, he’s just a really good guy. That’s all as a team we expect, and he comes and shows regardless of what the stat sheet says or whatever, that he’s just a good dude and makes everyone around him better. Top lad. Top lad.”

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Athanatos posted:

I dont have stats or pretty charts but Paul George's midrange jumper is the best most prettiest thing in the league

He's developed a 3 point shot too. It's nice.

Haha just as I typed that he just hit a step-back trey

I am in love with the way Paul George plays basketball

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

thibs is back in chicago
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VNaDZIrxh-0

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

This is the sickest thing ever

Smellyhead
Jun 20, 2003
Cabbages smell funny too.

Is there a command for seeing shots a player shoots that are blocked. I'd love to see all of Steph's shots that have been blocked this season. I feel like he constantly goes up on the wrong side of the basket and would like to confirm this.

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

The importance of this mission cannot be overemphasized

Smellyhead posted:

Is there a command for seeing shots a player shoots that are blocked. I'd love to see all of Steph's shots that have been blocked this season. I feel like he constantly goes up on the wrong side of the basket and would like to confirm this.

Yeah just type 'Curry Block', it will include shots he took that were blocked as well as anything he blocked: https://3ball.io/curry-block

Here he is probably going up the wrong side on a layup https://3ball.io/curry-block/0021600281_348

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun
Another easy victory by the Rockets, who definitely had the game in hand all night and didn't let the Brooklyn Nets creep back in and rely on multiple brilliant defensive plays from Ariza or Beverley to win. Onto the next victory!

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

This is unbelievable

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

chunkles posted:

Another easy victory by the Rockets, who definitely had the game in hand all night and didn't let the Brooklyn Nets creep back in and rely on multiple brilliant defensive plays from Ariza or Beverley to win. Onto the next victory!

But you see if we hypothetically didn't let them creep back in then those brilliant defensive plays wouldn't have been as cool.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
The Raptors let the Bucks back into the game tonight as well after leading by 26 in the 2nd. Luckily we have Superstar TerrencE Ross to stop the bleeding.

e: Also, stats people -- is there anywhere where I can break down player/team stats by quarter? I'm bored and want to try to analyze the usage discrepancy of JV in the 1st versus the others. I've found his shooting splits for the quarters, but somehow can't find minutes per quarter + the other basic stats. I mean, everything's recorded on play by play's, right? Is there a place where I can just query it myself?

If I wanted to query a few seasons worth of game logs and just build it myself, what would be the best way of doing that? Yes, I'm outsourcing ideas because I'm an idiot who likes data but has no idea how to implement any of this poo poo in practice.

CRISPYBABY fucked around with this message at 06:06 on Dec 13, 2016

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Robots ruin all the fun of a good adventure.

https://twitter.com/JLew1050/status/808532535538057216

Oh baby I'm smelling a Championship.

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel
hmm

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008
https://3ball.io/chandler-parsons-sucks

Working fine for me

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Luke Walton is great

http://deadspin.com/steaming-mad-luke-walton-curses-out-officials-after-eje-1790028853

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

https://twitter.com/netw3rk/status/808552399606611968

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Historic offense and we still can't beat the cavs lebron :smith:

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring
Dragic's numbers are trending up again, which is cool, because I like his game. I wonder whether or not Miami will trade him this season.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

straight up brolic posted:

Here's my ranking of great young players to build a team around

1. Giannis Antetokounmpo
2. Joel Embiid
3. Anthony Davis
4. K. Anthony Towns
5. D'Angelo Russell

You can disagree if you want but I've already typed it and posted it

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

I disagree with it too because I forgot to put Porzingis on it. Between him and Myles Turner and Ben Simmons there's a lot of big boys heading for stardom.

Fast Luck fucked around with this message at 14:45 on Dec 13, 2016

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica

Fast Luck posted:

1. Giannis Antetokounmpo
2. Joel Embiid
3. Anthony Davis
4. K. Anthony Towns
5. D'Angelo Russell

Where is Nik Stauskus?

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

Where is Nik Stauskus?

In the kitchen stirring up the Sauce Castillo

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM
I haven't watched Philly since Stauskus turned into an actual NBA player.

Does he do any cool chef or kitchen related celebrations? Like maybe tasting the sauce? Or putting on or taking off his chef hat? Maybe stirring the pot?

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
why Sauce Castillo instead of Sauce Castle

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Because the closed captioning didn't say castle

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Fast Luck posted:

I disagree with it too because I forgot to put Porzingis on it. Between him and Myles Turner and Ben Simmons there's a lot of big boys heading for stardom.

Rudy Gobert can't even make the honorable mention, loving east coast bias smh

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

1.Embiid
2. Bebe
3. Bebe
4. Bebe
5.Bruno in 2 years (plus 2 years)

Stagger_Lee
Mar 25, 2009

Athanatos posted:

Everything Mr. George does is pretty. I love to watch that man square up.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

MourningView posted:

Rudy Gobert can't even make the honorable mention, loving east coast bias smh
He's at least a year or two older than those other guys and also doesn't bring the same offensive potential to the table. that said when you look at the Jazz this season and Favors is hurt and George Hill keeps being out and Hayward has missed time but the Jazz are 15-10 and Gobert is the best defensive center in the game I do think he at least deserves membership in the next generation big guy resurgence club.
edit: Oh yeah and Rodney Hood isn't as important but he's hurt too

Fast Luck fucked around with this message at 16:24 on Dec 13, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica
How is Bebe formed?

• Locked thread