Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

DPRK tier 4. Possibly tier 3.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xlkd12BNGAU&t=1070s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

BaconAndBullets posted:

It's probably to keep the tripod on the ground since I'm not seeing any sandbags and the whole system looks pretty light.

The recoil's not too bad, but it's light enough that you can pick up the whole thing and haul it to a new position without breaking it down if necessary.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eb6HIV5TW5Y

Bernard McFacknutah
Nov 13, 2009

Looks like they have perfected a defense against that well known American combined arms tactic 'A 2 by 4 across the chest'

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Why move it when you can leave the launcher on the guy's back and have another guy fire it

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

Bernard McFacknutah posted:

Looks like they have perfected a defense against that well known American combined arms tactic 'A 2 by 4 across the chest'
Our counter: a board with a nail in it.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

chitoryu12 posted:

The recoil's not too bad, but it's light enough that you can pick up the whole thing and haul it to a new position without breaking it down if necessary.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eb6HIV5TW5Y

So is the "shady balaclava" now standard issue to Russian soldiers?

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Scratch Monkey posted:

So is the "shady balaclava" now standard issue to Russian soldiers?

Considering the cold they serve in for the most part, I think balaclavas have been standard for ages.

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones

So when he's sitting at that arty spotting table, are those rubber ducks holding the chart down?

e 38:15-40:00 ish

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

This helicopter is incredible https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xlkd12BNGAU&t=1070s

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Syrian Lannister posted:

So when he's sitting at that arty spotting table, are those rubber ducks holding the chart down?

e 38:15-40:00 ish

Speaking of, check out those shiny rifles and MGs at 39:00. Are they nickel plated front to back or just painted white or something?

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones
I stopped watching after that. I couldn't take him storming beaches in his dingy

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

The Circus is going all out this year. Even the clowns ditched their facepaint.

bij
Feb 24, 2007

chitoryu12 posted:

Speaking of, check out those shiny rifles and MGs at 39:00. Are they nickel plated front to back or just painted white or something?

They're nickel plated and have shown up in a bunch of Nork poo poo before. Do they have a nickel plated gat factory or is it just the same set getting passed around like a drunk prom date? It's North Korea so both options are equally likely.

These are from a video in 2012:

bij fucked around with this message at 03:47 on Dec 14, 2016

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
You know... I have a feeling that those rifles and MGs have actually been painted instead of actually being finished that way.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Naked Bear posted:

You know... I have a feeling that those rifles and MGs have actually been painted instead of actually being finished that way.

That's what it looks like.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
Granted, those photos are small and not great quality, but there a bunch of little things that kind of give it away, especially when you compare them to that pistol in the third photo. The pistol I can believe, because nickel-plating pistols is common enough. The rifle and MG have some kind of texture to the finish, it's worn / uneven in some places (it looks like the actual finish is peeking through in spots), it doesn't reflect light in the same way, and just looks all-around pretty lovely.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Check out the neat floral carving on the machine gun stock.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -
Those look like lovely rattle can paintings I did to my toy guns as a kid

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
https://twitter.com/MahmoudRamsey/status/676393775086850049

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Mad Max: Levant Road

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

That ghetto-MLRS made me laugh pretty hard.

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

I see the GNK droid is making a cameo.

jizzy sillage
Aug 13, 2006

Duzzy Funlop posted:

It's loving genius, that's why.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

Duzzy Funlop posted:

holy poo poo that owned

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

In the book "The Soviet Afghan War" by the Russian General Staff College (a fantastic history of the Soviet war) there are a few mentions of the tactical employment of the AGS-17, the predecessor to the 30. During the War, the Soviets developed an attaching point that was strapped to a trooper's back, that allowed him to act as a firing platform for the AGS. The tactic was to dump a bunch of rounds using PVT Dimitri as a platform until the crew could get the real tripod out.
I'll say that again: the Soviets used human Tripods to get the gun into action quick.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

bulletsponge13 posted:

In the book "The Soviet Afghan War" by the Russian General Staff College (a fantastic history of the Soviet war) there are a few mentions of the tactical employment of the AGS-17, the predecessor to the 30. During the War, the Soviets developed an attaching point that was strapped to a trooper's back, that allowed him to act as a firing platform for the AGS. The tactic was to dump a bunch of rounds using PVT Dimitri as a platform until the crew could get the real tripod out.
I'll say that again: the Soviets used human Tripods to get the gun into action quick.

when the answer is 'use extra manpower' you start looking for questions

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

At least Rambo backed the winning team.

Helldump Immunity
Sep 11, 2001

pretty much rollin with the dad farm these days

bulletsponge13 posted:

At least Rambo backed the winning team.

:drat:

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah
edit drat my b I thought that was from red dawn

Huskalator
Mar 17, 2009

Proud fascist
anti-anti-fascist

Dude was a really bad President but he's got elite shoe dodging skills.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
Russian army food

http://imgur.com/gallery/hGd5h

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Why it gotta be black

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

I've eaten two Russian field rations. That plate looks better than anything they get on maneuvers.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

:(

If only the air force hadn't gotten their goddamn idiot hands into the shuttle program.

NASA: Ok we're gonna design this reusable space plane, it'll ride on a reusable liquid fuel booster, it's gonna make space cheap!
USAF: CAN IT CAPTURE A RUSSIAN SATELLITE
NASA: Um...not as it is right now. Does it need to?
USAF: YES CRITICAL MISSION REQUIREMENT. MUST CAPTURE SOVIET SATELLITES IN POLAR ORBIT, TAKE OFF, CAPTURE AND LAND IN 1 ORBIT

And that's how we got the shuttle. And that critical mission requirement was never used.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

MA-Horus posted:

:(

If only the air force hadn't gotten their goddamn idiot hands into the shuttle program.

NASA: Ok we're gonna design this reusable space plane, it'll ride on a reusable liquid fuel booster, it's gonna make space cheap!
USAF: CAN IT CAPTURE A RUSSIAN SATELLITE
NASA: Um...not as it is right now. Does it need to?
USAF: YES CRITICAL MISSION REQUIREMENT. MUST CAPTURE SOVIET SATELLITES IN POLAR ORBIT, TAKE OFF, CAPTURE AND LAND IN 1 ORBIT

And that's how we got the shuttle. And that critical mission requirement was never used.

That you know of :tinfoil:

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

I don't remember if we talked about it in here. I can't find poo poo online :tinfoil: I swore there was a YouTube video

Anyways the US retrieve(d)s satellites with some sky hook poo poo. As it's parachuting they fly by and snatch it

I swear that's what I read at least

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

I don't remember if we talked about it in here. I can't find poo poo online :tinfoil: I swore there was a YouTube video

Anyways the US retrieve(d)s satellites with some sky hook poo poo. As it's parachuting they fly by and snatch it

I swear that's what I read at least

That's how the early spy satellite imagery was retrieved.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corona_(satellite)