Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

yeah I eat rear end posted:

What else would you think it could be if not a crouton? Shrimp?

My first guess was an onion ring. Or maybe a battered strip of bacon and anchovy!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice
Trip Report: Subway's Reuben Sandwich

The only thing with any flavor in it was the half-handful of pepper rings the Sandwich ArtistTM sloppily dropped onto it

I'm not sure what I expected from a Subway reuben but it was so bland it's not even worth spending the time to make a cute "1 can of sauerkraut out of 5" graphic

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
Subway customers deserve to be fondled by Fogle

Eat Fresh!

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

BraveUlysses posted:

Subway customers deserve to be fondled by Fogle

Eat Fresh!

I'm far too old for him to be interested. He only wants to put six inches in children's mouths

Railing Kill
Nov 14, 2008

You are the first crack in the sheer face of god. From you it will spread.

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

The only thing with any flavor in it was the half-handful of pepper rings the Sandwich ArtistTM sloppily dropped onto it

I'm not sure what I expected from a Subway reuben but it was so bland it's not even worth spending the time to make a cute "1 can of sauerkraut out of 5" graphic

Subway is almost astonishing in how bland everything is. My first thought when I saw reubens on the menu was, "No. I like reubens too much to do that."

Great. Now I want a reuben, and here I am stuck at work.

Here's a puzzler: which is more bland: Subway or Papa John's? I honestly can't decide.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Railing Kill posted:

Subway is almost astonishing in how bland everything is. My first thought when I saw reubens on the menu was, "No. I like reubens too much to do that."

Great. Now I want a reuben, and here I am stuck at work.

Here's a puzzler: which is more bland: Subway or Papa John's? I honestly can't decide.

Pap John's atleast has the garlic flavored petroleum byproduct

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice
Depends on the item. I like me some veggies, so a veggie sub with everything (except green peppers because gently caress green peppers) with a bit of vinegar and some light Italian dressing is actually pretty drat good (and cheap).

Similarly, at Papa John's, a plain cheese is bland city, but their BBQ Chicken pizza is a party in your mouth.

Re: Petro "Garlic" "Sauce"

I'm on the most powerful heartburn medication known to mankind and if I dip a slice into that little cup even one time I'm left doubled over, wishing for death an hour later.

Even off the meds, the pizza is fine and garlic is fine. What the heck do they put in those things?

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

I'm on the most powerful heartburn medication known to mankind and if I dip a slice into that little cup even one time I'm left doubled over, wishing for death an hour later.

Even off the meds, the pizza is fine and garlic is fine. What the heck do they put in those things?

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

Depends on the item. I like me some veggies, so a veggie sub with everything (except green peppers because gently caress green peppers) with a bit of vinegar and some light Italian dressing is actually pretty drat good (and cheap).

Similarly, at Papa John's, a plain cheese is bland city, but their BBQ Chicken pizza is a party in your mouth.

This is why I always get onions on Domino's. I end up eating it fairly often because my fiancee gets coupons for 2 pizza deals (and somehow likes Domino's pizza?), so I always ask for stuff like onions and chicken to add some kind of flavor. I've eaten crappy dollar slices in Hell's Kitchen that taste better, especially if you sprinkle some seasoning on them.

What makes Domino's so much worse than Pizza Hut?

Forgall
Oct 16, 2012

by Azathoth
http://i.imgur.com/fART3Ts.gifv

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

I need an adult.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Having had hot peppercorn sauce spray all over the roof of my mouth from a hastily bitten into burger, it's not an experience I'd want to repeat.

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

Railing Kill posted:

Subway is almost astonishing in how bland everything is.
It's the only thing close enough to work that I can actually get served and eaten in my lunch time. I get the BMT with horseradish sauce and a giant fistful of pickles & jalapenos. For $7, it's better than what I could get at McDonald's and actually fills me up enough to last until I get home, so :shrug:

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Yawgmoth posted:

It's the only thing close enough to work that I can actually get served and eaten in my lunch time. I get the BMT with horseradish sauce and a giant fistful of pickles & jalapenos. For $7, it's better than what I could get at McDonald's and actually fills me up enough to last until I get home, so :shrug:

yeah my strategy is to put like every vegetable on there to make it taste like something besides salt. It's like,
Subway is the least disappointing fast food available near my office, and every time I still regret not just throwing together a low-effort salad 10 minutes before I left my apartment.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

Solidly depressing image, 10/10

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

We're pretty spoiled these days honestly; you can get a quite edible and reasonably healthful Subway sandwich at the corner gas station.

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

chitoryu12 posted:

This is why I always get onions on Domino's. I end up eating it fairly often because my fiancee gets coupons for 2 pizza deals (and somehow likes Domino's pizza?), so I always ask for stuff like onions and chicken to add some kind of flavor. I've eaten crappy dollar slices in Hell's Kitchen that taste better, especially if you sprinkle some seasoning on them.

What makes Domino's so much worse than Pizza Hut?

Maybe it's time to rethink your engagement.

Then again I eat and enjoy frozen pizza so who am I to judge.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

PCOS Bill posted:

I like coupons AND frozen pizza so perhaps it is I who am the greatest catch of them all :wink:

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
Frozen pizza has a very good work to tastiness ratio.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

It helps that Red Baron pizzas really aren't that bad overall. I always forget how small they are though. Boxes make them look bigger.

The best reuben sandwich I've ever had is probably the one they make at a restaurant named Kilroy's up in Northern Virginia. Dear lord it's just so tasty. They serve it open-faced and with so much meat, cheese and sauerkraut... Their fries are also plain delicious.

Wait poo poo I have a picture of it on my phone...for some reason.

Man I really want one again but I now live 90 miles away. Maybe when I go home to visit family for Christmas...

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

PCOS Bill posted:

I mean, she eats her steak rare.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

I have never laughed so hard at a burger holy poo poo.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

chitoryu12 posted:

I mean, she eats her steak rare.

Sever

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Decrepus posted:

Need a youtube doubler of this video plus this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dslxTj_uUwM

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)

Mymla posted:

agred

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Decrepus posted:

Lol fART3Ts

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

FPzero posted:

It helps that Red Baron pizzas really aren't that bad overall. I always forget how small they are though. Boxes make them look bigger.

Red Baron's "singles" deep dish pizzas are some of the best little frozen pizzas I've ever had.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

Data Graham posted:

We're pretty spoiled these days honestly; you can get a quite edible and reasonably healthful Subway sandwich at the corner gas station.

Is this a joke I don't get, do you have a Subway built in to your gas station, or are you confused as to what the 'sub' in 'sub sandwich' is short for

great big cardboard tube
Sep 3, 2003

Mymla posted:

It also often has a very good price per calorie to tastiness ratio too. What a wonderful food

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Olive Garden tonight! posted:

Is this a joke I don't get, do you have a Subway built in to your gas station, or are you confused as to what the 'sub' in 'sub sandwich' is short for

Many gas stations have Subway franchises nowadays.

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Olive Garden tonight! posted:

Yeah, there was a subway and burger king built into a gas station like a half mile from my old office. They are showing up in a lot more walmarts now too.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I'm glad that Walmart seems to be moving away from in-store McDonalds and toward Subway. I hate the greasy smell of a McDonalds, but walking in past Subway with their Italian herb and cheese bread just wafting in the air... mmmm...

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Yawgmoth posted:

7-Eleven sells better sandwiches than Subway.

PCOS Bill posted:

I'm glad that Walmart seems to be moving away from in-store McDonalds and toward Subway. I hate the greasy smell of a McDonalds, but walking in past Subway with their Italian herb and cheese bread just wafting in the air... mmmm...
I have no idea what it is or what it's supposed to be, but the smell of Subway is weird and off-putting.

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Tiggum posted:

I have no idea what it is or what it's supposed to be, but the smell of Subway is weird and off-putting.

Yeah, it smells like engineered "bread odour" or something.
It doesn't smell like food to me

I heart bacon
Nov 18, 2007

:burger: It's burgin' time! :burger:

Tiggum posted:

Caseys https://www.caseys.com/ has pretty good sandwiches and pizzas. My wife worked at one for a while and she'd bring home subs for me to bring to work. Pretty drat decent for something quick to grab from the local gas station.

PCOS Bill posted:

Agreed. It's weird to walk into a store to go grocery shopping and get hit in the face with a deep fryer smell.

timefly
Apr 29, 2008

I think Subway smells like the preservatives in Fritos or cat food. I worked there in college and the smell would remain in my clothes :mad:

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

Sheetz is the superior gas station food experience.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

FPzero posted:

Sheetz is the superior gas station food experience.

I've been to Sheetz and Wawa and they both have strong points. Wawa has good subs and awesome Buffalo chicken bites, but Sheetz has all the good greasy poo poo you want like cheeseburgers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

YES! I've always wanted to eat a cyst.