Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Kashuno posted:

The finale left such a bad taste in my mouth.

It might be the best finale they've ever done.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

BottleKnight posted:

Poque should make Codebreaker 2 in early 2017.

pls

Okay!

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Asiina posted:

Now I know you're trolling because even people who like the season think the finale was total poo poo

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Somberbrero posted:

i ran a roanoke game it was cool

piuro was in it and he got winvirus probated lol

loving town bell ringer :argh: TPS.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
ryan murphy is garbage.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

I finished my employment training thing I'm free

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
do any of you still play CS:GO? One of my IRL friends just bought it for me and I want to play even tho I will be 100% trash

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this

Snooze Cruise posted:

now it's time for things i bought at sheetz

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this

:swoon:

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Kashuno posted:

Now I know you're trolling because even people who like the season think the finale was total poo poo

I never realized before today just how uncomfortable your avatar makes me

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Kashuno posted:

No, it's actually pretty mixed. I think it was great. It was exactly the ending this story needed. It was a much smaller, tighter story this season than the last few that actually had some *gasp* character development rather than flashy camp garbage.

It also is one of the only finales this show has ever done that actually resolved all its plotlines. The only thing they left unsolved was how Mason ended up tied up if Lee did it alone and while I wish they answered that it doesn't change much of the story.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Asiina posted:

No, it's actually pretty mixed. I think it was great. It was exactly the ending this story needed. It was a much smaller, tighter story this season than the last few that actually had some *gasp* character development rather than flashy camp garbage.

It also is one of the only finales this show has ever done that actually resolved all its plotlines. The only thing they left unsolved was how Mason ended up tied up if Lee did it alone and while I wish they answered that it doesn't change much of the story.

I liked the character development but there were so many unanswered questions and unresolved plotlines that make me feel like I missed 2-3 episodes.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

EXAKT Science posted:

I never realized before today just how uncomfortable your avatar makes me

:getin:

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Somberbrero posted:

ryan murphy is garbage.

Actually, scream queens

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

EXAKT Science posted:

do any of you still play CS:GO? One of my IRL friends just bought it for me and I want to play even tho I will be 100% trash

Ixt still plays a lot, I think Diqnol still does on occasion too

I haven't played in a long time, not sure who else is still playing

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind

Asiina posted:

Oh no you're tempting me to watch it. Fool me 4 times Murphy, shame on me.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Moundgarden posted:

Ixt still plays a lot, I think Diqnol still does on occasion too

I haven't played in a long time, not sure who else is still playing

who are you

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

it kumba

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
i forgot my name changed, i hate this name i should change it again

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Moundgarden posted:

i forgot my name changed, i hate this name i should change it again

:yeah:

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Small confession. I've had a cold these past few days and as usual, when sick, I get some strange dreams.

There was a very androgynous individual (boy I think...) in my US home who was visiting me. He really wanted that I take him driving around the woods. He called himself Nicolette, but when he had first showed up he said he was Mr. Capps.

I need to not have this thread be the last thing I read before falling asleep.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

I think that happened to bottleknight

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Guys what should I get my boyfriend for Christmas? He got us Book of Mormon tickets

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

Guys what should I get my boyfriend for Christmas? He got us Book of Mormon tickets

I like giving gifts that mean something to me, after considering if the person will like it. This works with significant books, music, or movies, these are the few things I'm ok in "collecting". I don't think people consistently need more things so I try to avoid just adding more doodads to their stuff.

Some people don't believe in gifting things that people need. I love getting cookware myself or fine foods. Someone once bought me a cooking class and that was incredible. 1 shot gifts like that are pretty thrilling since you wouldn't do them normally. (If he doesn't own a garlic press I'd get that, since that's by far the most useful thing I've in the kitchen besides the knives.)

I like giving plants. Not cacti, those you can't touch, nor anything too labor intensive. But I find a sprig of bamboo that's just placed in a vase of water to be very elegant and calming to look at, and it's nice to have living things around you.

Otherwise you know him well and know what he likes or even lacks. Last year I lamented having nothing but worn out jackets. Compared to my partner I looked pretty crumby when we'd go out. That said I loathe shopping so you'd never actually get me into a store to buy a nice jacket. So she got me one for Christmas, that was both a surprise and wonderful gift.

I'd be careful with time-sensitive gifts (concerts or the like) since you never know when he'll have the time off. If you want something a bit more intimate then it may be trickier. Men don't often wear jewelry, though if he does there's that. Watches are a thing but very expensive, but perhaps you can get him a new watch strap if he has a watch and his is worn out. I only use leather ones and I grow pretty fond of them and of the people who give them to me. I was super attached for the leather watchband from Colombia my grandmother had gifted me. It sucked when I wore it through.

If you have some more details I can get more precise other than throwing out a bunch of ideas alongside with my own gifting philosophy.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

i just realized i bought something for everyone in my life except my girlfriend. goddamnit.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Sexy lingerie.

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

I finally beat binding of Isaac. gently caress yeah

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Mr. F! posted:

Not sure if euphemism for matricide or not.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Mr. F! posted:

Did you beat it, or did you actually beat it.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Consider getting him an actual Book of Mormon :eng101:

obviously kidding

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

Max posted:

Did you beat it, or did you actually beat it.

I killed mom, so I didn't actually beat it. Lol I have probably 70 hours in and have only killed mom once.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Yeah, I remember beating it the first time and thinking I had done it, only to find that I was really only half way through.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
If it helps, once you start unlocking characters, it's much easier to find someone who suits your style.

(I like Cain and Judas.)

Yes, eventually, you'll want to unlock the D6 and ascend Isaac to the tier of Blatantly Overpowered, but first, just focus on unlocking and trying out new characters.

girl dick energy fucked around with this message at 23:57 on Dec 13, 2016

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

Poison Mushroom posted:

If it helps, once you start unlocking characters, it's much easier to find someone who suits your style.

(I like Cain and Judas.)

Cain is the best. I need to unlock Judas

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

I just probably should give that game a go, but I just find it grotesque and gross. I also disliked Ren and Stimpy as a kid and other things of that nature.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
I haven't played BoI in a long time.

My favorite combination though is having a giant ring of blood that you move around to absolutely wreck everything.

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

I haven't played BoI in a long time.

My favorite combination though is having a giant ring of blood that you move around to absolutely wreck everything.

I like passive abilities, all the active ones are terrible. I have to constantly have the wiki out so I can figure out what the items do.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

I didn't really like Binding of Isaac.

This is my HOT TAKE.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Brimstone is basically the only item I'll ever Devil Room for. It's just so loving amazing i can't not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

CCKeane posted:

I didn't really like Binding of Isaac.

This is my HOT TAKE.

Looks like we got ourselves a jock, boys. GET 'IM!!