Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

Wol posted:

I've just been watching the 1v1 tournament. Which 5v5 games are worth checking out?

LMS vs KR was good iirc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Are you ready for the next Korean "super" team??

Marin joins Afreeca. That's Marin, Kuro, and Kramer. I don't know who Afreeca is locking down for jungle or support but with such an underwhelming team he was probably better off going to NA

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

I wonder if he feels bad that SKT huni is a thing.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Piglet and Reignover are officially starting for Team Liquid during IEM this weekend
Ohq was kidnapped on the way back to Korea and will be playing for Snake E-Sports

CJ Entus (Now in Challenger) has announced their new roster:
Soul (Top)
Winged (Jungle)
Pure (Support)
Raccoon (Support)

They don't really have a mid laner and they've got a very fresh rookie at ADC.

On the flipside, it's now confirmed that Cloud9 Challenger has been bought and will be competing in the LCS with their line-up, minus Contractz. That's Balls, Hai, Altec, and Lemonation

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Marin to Afreeca is the weirdest

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

RealFoxy posted:

Ohq was kidnapped on the way back to Korea and will be playing for Snake E-Sports
Snake already have two imports though, TANK and SofM :confused:

(also I'm not sure if Ohq is even better than Kryst4l if he plays like he did on NRG)

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents

Kashuno posted:

Marin to Afreeca is the weirdest

He was distinctly better than Duke for SKT as well, why not just bring him back in that case

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

hes going to afreeca to get his revenge on skt

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
I will continue to have unrealistic expectations for Ohq forever as I fondly remember his bloodthirsty killdozing days on Najin.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
I still think Kramer could be good.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Radical posted:

hes going to afreeca to get his revenge on skt
Even if those silly rumors were untrue about him wanting to ruin the SKT organization, he was like Easyhoon who didn't want to keep winning championships in Faker's shadow. Even Bengi is leaving SKT to try his hand at winning a championship without Faker.

Libertine posted:

I will continue to have unrealistic expectations for Ohq forever as I fondly remember his bloodthirsty killdozing days on Najin.
Everyone loves Kiwikid but two different people on NRG said that he never practiced and just played a bunch of Overwatch. I can't blame Ohq for looking unspectacular there, Santorin looked like the only one still trying by the end of the split and probably because he didn't have the name power everyone else on the team did to just get picked up immediately by another org.

Sexpansion posted:

I still think Kramer could be good.
Kramer is too good for challenger but not spectacular enough to compete against the top-tier ADCs in Korea like Deft, Bang, Pray, or Ruler.

This is a dark time to be a Jin Air fan. There's challenger teams with better rosters than they have right now :smith:

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

RealFoxy posted:

Kramer is too good for challenger but not spectacular enough to compete against the top-tier ADCs in Korea like Deft, Bang, Pray, or Ruler.

excuse me, in this thread we address bung by his proper name

Wol
Dec 15, 2012

See you in the
UNDERDARK
Theoretically at least I love the idea of a Flandre / SofM / Ohq lineup. A double-barrelled death ride straight to hell.

Also, Frozen has joined a Turkish team with Thaldrin and some people I don't know. Could be interesting!

Wol fucked around with this message at 17:20 on Dec 12, 2016

Freaksaus
Jun 13, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Wol posted:

I've just been watching the 1v1 tournament. Which 5v5 games are worth checking out?

I've only watched a few but the tandem game and the EU vs LCK games were both very entertaining.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

This might be one of the weirdest e-sports stories to date:

quote:

Yesterday night imp was at a Korean restaurant when he overheard 2 Koreans bad-mouthing Chinese people, so he confronted them. They were drunk and started hitting imp. Imp did not lay a hand on either man, and the men broke his glasses. When our staff rushed to the restaurant, we immediately made sure that imp was alright and then brought him to make a Police Report. After investigations, the men issued an apology and offered compensation. We would like to assure everyone that imp is fine. We are beyond grateful that imp has over the last two years come to love China and our culture, and we will do our best to make sure that imp does not end up in a similar situation again!

This is straight from LGD's official twitter account. :riot:

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

RealFoxy posted:

That is like the most obviously not true retelling of an event that one could imagine.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Typical solo queue ADC tryin to 2v1

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

Wol posted:

Also, Frozen has joined a Turkish team with Thaldrin and some people I don't know. Could be interesting!
he's going to disappoint everyone because even with turkish mids being really bad he still only likely ends up top-3 at his role in that league (him, xico from hwa, one of naru/immortoru would be my guess) and he's definitely not going to wreck faces because even apart from the whole "individual KR player overrated in foreign region" he's really not been that good every time we've seen him in like the last year

stump collector
May 28, 2007

Kashuno posted:

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
dear league of legends fans, today i am very sad. imp has been over-thrown, and replaced by the benevolent general krull. all hail krull, and his glorious new regime

sincerely, LGD gaming corporation

Max Coveri
Dec 23, 2015

by Athanatos
get fuckin owned imp. lul

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
Vander is off H2K. Febiven already in full effect.

Wol
Dec 15, 2012

See you in the
UNDERDARK

RealFoxy posted:

So this is the kayfabe explanation for imp rehabbing a shoulder or something, right?

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

I don't know what to put here. Guys? GUYS?!

Wol posted:

So this is the kayfabe explanation for imp rehabbing a shoulder or something, right?

brokenshard is working us into a shoot (brother)

But yeah, I put the chances of that being the real story in the 1% or less category.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

Sexpansion posted:

Vander is off H2K. Febiven already in full effect.

only one person gets the streamer babes on h2k and it isn't vander.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
https://twitter.com/Rush0406/status/808421653730377728

I really want to know where he's going.

e: oh he's just taking time off from streaming because he already made a ton of money off twitch (lol) and he wants to practice and get a spot on a team

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

I don't know what to put here. Guys? GUYS?!

Schnorkles posted:

only one person gets the streamer babes on h2k and it isn't vander.

is it jankos? or does he just get random foods?

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Killed By Death posted:

Snake already have two imports though, TANK and SofM :confused:

(also I'm not sure if Ohq is even better than Kryst4l if he plays like he did on NRG)

he is much better than kryst4l, although i think they'll end up failing in roughly the same way. there are a lot of rumors that COOL is gonna be their mid laner so that solves the two imports problem.

basically ohq isn't going to get the attention necessary to facilitate his play style. unless they change, but i dont know if sofm is capable of making the adjustments he would need to for that.

this will be a fun, if probably bad, team

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Oh I actually liked Tank he had some sick Lissandra/Corki. I am sure he will find a team. He is very often top 10 in kr soloq.

Hopefully Cool gets to play even if he might be over his prime. He wasn't gonna get any playtime with ma boy Icon in OMG. I dream of seeing Flandre/MLXG/Icon/Uzi together one day. Legit the most agro chinese squad you could put together. For those who don't know Icon poo poo on guys like Rookie/Scout etc in his rookie split.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

easily one of the top twenty things in pro league was SSTANK up on the scoreboard, but i had no actual feelings about stank one way or the other

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Kashuno posted:

Oh my god

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Olleh continues his World Tour in NA, signed by Immortals to play support (Formerly of KT Arrows in Korea, Hong Kong E-Sports in LMS and PaiN Gaming from Brazil)

Immortal's instagram and twitter accounts keep posting pictures of Flame and Dardoch together as if they won't be at each other's throats 6 weeks from now :v:

stump collector
May 28, 2007
i'm nominating olleh as my pick to have contracted the 0/13/4 disease in last 3 games from patent zero, lep

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
https://twitter.com/leagueofemily/status/808689422845804545

archduke.iago
Mar 1, 2011

Nostalgia used to be so much better.

RealFoxy posted:

Olleh continues his World Tour in NA, signed by Immortals to play support (Formerly of KT Arrows in Korea, Hong Kong E-Sports in LMS and PaiN Gaming from Brazil)

Immortal's instagram and twitter accounts keep posting pictures of Flame and Dardoch together as if they won't be at each other's throats 6 weeks from now :v:

Is he the first player to have been signed to 4 different regions?

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

archduke.iago posted:

As far as I know, but there's a couple people who have been signed to 3, like EdWard and Spirit

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

archduke.iago posted:

Emperor went KR -> BR -> NA -> EU. SuNo went KR -> NA -> BR -> CN -> EU

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
https://twitter.com/lolesports/status/808696012407734272

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
he's probably not that great anymore but i will always love ognKakackle :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Thank god Kakao was rescued from China Prison. I hope we'll get to see the return of that impish smile of his.

Lovechop posted:

he's probably not that great anymore but i will always love ognKakackle :)

I heard his tenure in China kinda turned him into a shitter gameplay-wise. I'm not sure if being in the EU will necessarily help with that, but I suspect he can still be a good player with a decent coach backing him (and he's obviously driven to prove himself instead of being kept in a gilded cage playing suboptimally if he's switching regions like this).

• Locked thread