Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
BirgirPall videos always seemed to me like they're just trying to be like Criken but aren't as funny. :shrug: Granted I've only seen a few videos.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cage-free egghead
Mar 8, 2004

Nordick posted:

BirgirPall videos always seemed to me like they're just trying to be like Criken but aren't as funny. :shrug: Granted I've only seen a few videos.

BirgirPall videos are fun and goofy. Criken is neither of those things, but if you like videos where you have subtitles on every single thing people say then you would like it.

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kl2rxyrByMg

Oblivion physics are the best physics

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Simsmagic posted:

That wasn't physics. The hammer simply decided you weren't worthy.

Railing Kill
Nov 14, 2008

You are the first crack in the sheer face of god. From you it will spread.

Simsmagic posted:

Any excuse to post the patron saints of the thread:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LXxdC9X3hxg

Firos
Apr 30, 2007

Staying abreast of the latest developments in jam communism

"We Broke" is two guys goofing around in video games and Banzai has the most infectious laugh of all time :shrug:

Also they speak a mixture of English and Icelandic so the subtitles are usually kinda necessary.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
You know, maybe we can all just like whatever we like ?

Quietly in our corner ?

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

Fathis Munk posted:

Quietly in our corner ?

Sorry fathis. This is the internet.

A HUNGRY MOUTH
Nov 3, 2006

date of birth: 02/05/88
manufacturer: mazda
model/year: 2008 mazda6
sexuality: straight, bi-curious
peircings: pusspuss

Nap Ghost

Nordick posted:

Nearly everyone on Youtube is just poorly imitating someone else on Youtube. When it comes to video gaming content you can skip the "nearly."

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Fathis Munk posted:

Quietly in our corner ?

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Railing Kill posted:

This is amazing btw, if you haven't watched it.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Most of the Monster Factory episodes are amazing, yeah.

Feonir
Mar 30, 2011

Ask me about aquatic cocaine transportation and by-standard management.

RatHat posted:

Most of the Monster Factory episodes are amazing, yeah.

Be sure to watch Car Boys and Touch the Skyrim if you enjoy Monster Factory.

Railing Kill
Nov 14, 2008

Feonir posted:

Yeah. Car Boys is even more about glitches than Monster Factory. MF glitches are usually accidental. CB glitches are the goal and the norm. They get a crash test dummy to do a fantastic impression of Tetsuo in a bunch of the episodes. They got a motorcycle wheel to create a whole other universe in the last episode.

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!

Feonir posted:

Touch the Skyrim shouldn't be as funny as it is but for some reason I break out in hysterical giggles when watching the adventures of BONE DOGG.

Railing Kill
Nov 14, 2008

theshim posted:

Touch the Skyrim shouldn't be as funny as it is but for some reason I break out in hysterical giggles when watching the adventures of BONE DOGG.

I just wish the game volume was just a bit louder so we could her the dulcet tones of DMX whenever BONE DOGG dies repeatedly.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

too bad the series is loving dead. RIP

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
Yeah I actually found that one more interesting than the other ones he did but :rip:

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2
Dude's doing like 3 podcasts, 4+ YouTube series, it's the holiday season and he just had a child. I don't think the series has been dropped my dudes, he's just busy as gently caress.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
Right he got a child recently. I wonder when polygon will consist only of him doing stupid videos.

Railing Kill
Nov 14, 2008

Waldorf Sixpence posted:

Dude's doing like 3 podcasts, 4+ YouTube series, it's the holiday season and he just had a child. I don't think the series has been dropped my dudes, he's just busy as gently caress.

I assumed people knew something I didn't, but if he just hasn't updated it in two weeks, I'm not worried. I couldn't function worth a drat when my baby was first born.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Fathis Munk posted:

Right he got a child recently. I wonder when polygon will consist only of him doing stupid videos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4A-YQrbn-JQ
They should revisit this video with the latest Pokemon game.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
The series hasn't been dropped, it's just one that has a while between updates like Monster Factory.

Firos
Apr 30, 2007

Staying abreast of the latest developments in jam communism

In the most recent CoolGamesInc Jr. podcast Griffin said that they're definitely wanting to update all that stuff but baby came early so no chance to make a backlog.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Railing Kill posted:

Why am I watching two guys who sound like Shmorky play with character creator sliders for ten minutes and then mess with the debug console? And why is this the patron saint of the thread? I need help here

Forgall
Oct 16, 2012

by Azathoth

Last Chance posted:

Why am I watching two guys who sound like Shmorky play with character creator sliders for ten minutes and then mess with the debug console? And why is this the patron saint of the thread? I need help here
Cause it's funny.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Yikes. I mean I'm giving it a shot and I guess some of the ways they play with the engine are amusing, but I'm so put off at how the dudes in these videos just sound like my youngest cousin when he plays with his action figures or something. "Bam you go in the toilet because you're a garbage boy stinkman!" :psyduck: It's like baby talk.

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

I'm strong. And a giant penguin. Please don't eat me. No, really. Don't try.
[do not like thing -- ok comic.jpg]

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

Fathis Munk posted:

Quietly in our corner ?

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

InediblePenguin posted:

[do not like thing -- ok comic.jpg]

I've been posting my opinion on things I don't like on this forum for years, I'm not going to stop because you guys have learned to use shorthand quotes and comics defending your stuff.

Railing Kill
Nov 14, 2008

Last Chance posted:

Last Chance posted:

Yikes. I mean I'm giving it a shot and I guess some of the ways they play with the engine are amusing, but I'm so put off at how the dudes in these videos just sound like my youngest cousin when he plays with his action figures or something. "Bam you go in the toilet because you're a garbage boy stinkman!" :psyduck: It's like baby talk.

Snap to about 19:20 for a better example of what we're talking about here. The final boss of the game literally liquefies because the physics are broken. Also, the dumbass humor is funnier more in the timing of how the brothers try to get a rise out of each other in the moment than just some goon quoting it out of context.

To each his own.

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

I'm strong. And a giant penguin. Please don't eat me. No, really. Don't try.

Last Chance posted:

I've been posting my opinion on things I don't like on this forum for years, I'm not going to stop because you guys have learned to use shorthand quotes and comics defending your stuff.

https://gfycat.com/SpicyFewAnaconda

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
The patron saint of the thread is actually this.

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!

haveblue posted:

The patron saint of the thread is actually this.
Close!

Railing Kill
Nov 14, 2008

The Something Awful Forums > Main > Post Your SHAUN! Favorite (or Request): Coldly Compiled Lists SHAUN! > PYF Funniest SHAUN! Game Glitch: SHAUN! Being invisible SHAUN! will no longer SHAUN! make you deaf SHAUN!

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

There aren't many glitch videos that are funnier than Heavy Rain Glitch, that much is certain.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Now we're talking. This is a classic.

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.

Last Chance posted:

The McElroy Brothers are good boys and they make me laugh.

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

I will agree that their gimmick doesn't stand very well on its own without something to lean on like RNG-hell faces or game-breaking physics fuckery. I tried listening to their podcast(s) and it's pretty hard to do if you're not into meandering segues and baby words, but they do put out some real gems from time to time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Montalvo
Sep 3, 2007

Fun Shoe

mysterious frankie posted:

The McElroy Brothers are good boys and they make me laugh.

You're clearly some kind of idiot troglodyte and should instead be laughing at the video of Beardyman from the rainy game shouting SCOTT 50 times over and over.