Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Dizz posted:

Seriously WHY would they loving allow legendaries in this poo poo?

Yeah I could loving breed a nice variety of pokemon that cover certain types and matchups

Or I could just loving get a team full of legendaries and do just as good.

Their target audience is kids who want to catch strong stuff straight away and not have to bother with IV's/EV's/spending days breeding ~the perfect team~

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Guzma keeps expressing surprise when I beat him.

Did he not know fire types exist?

Seriously his one poke who could probably actually hurt my Salazzle automatically runs away when I attack it. Then his next always, always tries sucker punch two times in a row while I do nasty plot. At this point he can send out a loving water psychic and I'll knock out in one hit.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Those silly hackers and their wonder trades.

9/10, not in a Beast Ball. And yes, that is somebody advertising their stream.

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

Thanks to models and effect placement, Incineroar looks like he dick thrusts Flamethrower.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

StealthArcher posted:

Thanks to models and effect placement, Incineroar looks like he dick thrusts Flamethrower.

Thats more or less intentional, he's supposed to shoot fire from his belt.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

U.T. Raptor posted:

all the exact same typing for some reason.

They're all based on mental attributes, hence Psychic-type.

Azelf = Willpower
Mesprit = Emotion
Uxie = Knowledge

U.T. Raptor
May 11, 2010

Are you a pack of imbeciles!?

less laughter posted:

They're all based on mental attributes, hence Psychic-type.

Azelf = Willpower
Mesprit = Emotion
Uxie = Knowledge
They could have at least given them secondary typings :colbert:

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

StealthArcher posted:

Which is still an upgrade over how dumb his pre-evo's attacks look half the time.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

greatn posted:

Guzma keeps expressing surprise when I beat him.

Did he not know fire types exist?

Seriously his one poke who could probably actually hurt my Salazzle automatically runs away when I attack it. Then his next always, always tries sucker punch two times in a row while I do nasty plot. At this point he can send out a loving water psychic and I'll knock out in one hit.

In each of the three battles against him I'd almost get owned because I'd open with Persian and beat his Golisopod into submission, only to have him send in Ariados and finish it off with Fell Stinger. I then would send in Sandygast/Pallossand, since it resists bug and poison, and have it OHKO'd by Sucker Punch. Enough time passed between each fight that I'd forget how the last one went down and I'd make the exact same mistakes.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Ending spoilers/question

im fighting tapu. Can I just punch him to death and synchro catch him later?

Tired Moritz fucked around with this message at 15:15 on Dec 13, 2016

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

Tired Moritz posted:

Ending spoilers

You can do that. I think you need to beat the E4 again to get him to re-spawn and he'll be in the ruins waiting for you.

Also I've bred a few synchronize Abra but I'm missing a few natures, mainly Adamant and Bold.

I've got a spare Modest, Brave and Rash, 2 Timid, 2 Impish and 3 Quiet natured ones.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Zuzie posted:

You can do that. I think you need to beat the E4 again to get him to re-spawn and he'll be in the ruins waiting for you.

Speaking of this, there's a surprise for re-fighting the E4

It actually acknowledges it as you defending your title. Hau challenged me for the title at the end rather the a refight with the professor. Apparently other people can challenge you as well.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
You don't need to refight the E4. You can either go back right after or have to wait until the next day at most.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Tired Moritz posted:

Ending spoilers/question

Zuzie posted:

Also I've bred a few synchronize Abra but I'm missing a few natures, mainly Adamant and Bold.

I've got a spare Modest, Brave and Rash, 2 Timid, 2 Impish and 3 Quiet natured ones.

You don't need to beat the E4 again, just go back and interact with the statue.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

In each of the three battles against him I'd almost get owned because I'd open with Persian and beat his Golisopod into submission, only to have him send in Ariados and finish it off with Fell Stinger. I then would send in Sandygast/Pallossand, since it resists bug and poison, and have it OHKO'd by Sucker Punch. Enough time passed between each fight that I'd forget how the last one went down and I'd make the exact same mistakes.

Oh poo poo was the time at Aether Paradise the last time?

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

how the tits do you breed a trick room team

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Arrgytehpirate posted:

The same way you breed anything else? Just breed/find a pokemon with a zero speed IV and start from there. Its a 1/32 chance any given pokemon will have that since you don't have to give a poo poo about anything else. Then just give it the appropriate power item to pass the speed and breed as normal.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

Arrgytehpirate posted:

Very slowly

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
What does trick room do.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
Tricks the room

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
It makes it so the slowest Pokémon go first. It reverses the order of Pokémon actions based on their speed.

Scoss
Aug 17, 2015
Is there an easy way to level up my Festival Plaza without having to do these unbelievably bad minigames?

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

FishBulb posted:

It makes it so the slowest Pokémon go first. It reverses the order of Pokémon actions based on their speed.

Do people have a zero attack IV because of confusion or what?

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

VanSandman posted:

Do people have a zero attack IV because of confusion or what?

yes

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

confusion and foul play

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Gahaha, some japanese person gave me a 5iv wingull. Thank you, friend

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Scoss posted:

Is there an easy way to level up my Festival Plaza without having to do these unbelievably bad minigames?

Get a fortune teller or two, hope you get a really good fortune for wonder trade and/or festival plaza and then spend your time wonder trading and/or doing guest requests. The fortune teller can give a bonus to certain activities for that day and a really favorable fortune increases the FC gain noticeably.

My plaza is somewhere around rank 90 and half those ranks came from days where I had good fortunes. On one day certain guest requests could give me up to 120 FC.

Mierenneuker fucked around with this message at 17:10 on Dec 13, 2016

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
Does anyone have either an HA or premier ball Sandshrew they'd like to trade me? I'm afraid I don't have anything too interesting to offer in return:

HA Eevee in luxury ball
HA Timid 4IV Vulpix w/ Freeze-Dry/Moonblast in premier ball
Cyndaquil in level ball
3IV Modest Litwick in a pokéball

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

underused.png

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

poo poo, I missed page Goomy.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

Countblanc posted:

underused.png

Dra.... dra.... Dragonite?!?

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
UU is now "that tier with the dragons and fighting types"

Note Block
May 14, 2007

nothing could fit so perfectly inside

Fun Shoe
Mizuti, the Apricorn tab says you have Level ball Tepig and I am totally interested in that. I can trade you Love ball Togepi w/ Nasty Plot or Lure ball Marill w/ Aqua Jet & Belly Drum. I've also got about a dozen HA and non-HA Bold Eevee in Love balls with 5IVs (imperfect attack) w/ Covet, Wish, Yawn, & Charm (for evolution into Sylveon).

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Countblanc posted:

underused.png

i for one am happy that gen 5 ou is gen 7 uu

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

:laffo: at Kyurem-B being UU.

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

Countblanc posted:

underused.png

This is hilarious

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!
Why has Kyurem B always been so low on the totem pole?

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Countblanc posted:

underused.png

Hahah what the poo poo

Looks like the format I'm gonna start playing

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

Anything is okay if you don't get caught!

... I hope this helps!

Note Block posted:

Mizuti, the Apricorn tab says you have Level ball Tepig and I am totally interested in that. I can trade you Love ball Togepi w/ Nasty Plot or Lure ball Marill w/ Aqua Jet & Belly Drum. I've also got about a dozen HA and non-HA Bold Eevee in Love balls with 5IVs (imperfect attack) w/ Covet, Wish, Yawn, & Charm (for evolution into Sylveon).

Sure, but I'll need to be gone for about 2 hours. PM me and we can set up a trade.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yukari
Feb 17, 2011

"That's going in the cringe reel for sure."

The Bee posted:

Why has Kyurem B always been so low on the totem pole?

Absolutely shitass movepool, and ice is horrible defensively, so it can't pivot well due to stealth rock still being everywhere.