Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about Derek Carr's stolen MVP awards, those dastardly refs, and, oh yeah, having the absolute worst fucking gimmick in The Football Funhouse.

Chichevache posted:

I'm upset I missed the Harry Douglass dirty talk discussion. I don't have much to contribute to this because I didn't watch that game. I do hate cut blocks and think they should be made a penalty unless they're head on. I will also add this:

The Harry Douglass block may or may not have been dirty, but it absolutely would be an acceptable hit if he had tried to destroy Aqib Talib's knee.

The Harry Douglas block was extremely dirty.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

MrLogan posted:

The Harry Douglas block was extremely dirty.

:rolleyes:

troofs
Feb 28, 2011

The better Manning.
The giants defense is so good, I have never been more wrong about anything sports related. What an amazing job in free agency, too. Eli Apple has even been a pleasant surprise, considering I thought he was going to suck really badly and it seems like he's going to end up reaching the heady heights of "not a liability" status. This defense was one of the worst in league history last year and now it looks legit. Kudos all around.

The offense on the other hand... The line is really hurt and Flowers is awful. We don't have a decent TE, we can't run the ball at all, and even as a staunch Eli supporter I have to say he's been really bad this year. Stares down ODB all day, misses all over the place, looks jittery all the time, etc. Maybe he can be useful again if the giants can somehow finally fix the OL in the offseason but it's probably time to start thinking about the future at QB during the draft, because lord knows it's not Ryan Nassib, who should not be in the NFL. I don't really think he's even good enough for the CFL. He honestly wasn't even very good in college. I'm not sure he should even be allowed to watch football games. He's completely loving terrible in every way.

troofs fucked around with this message at 15:24 on Dec 13, 2016

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Ehud posted:

Yeah we are done for this season. The best part of the news is what it means for the off-season and next year.

What? I'm not sure Matt Moore is even a downgrade.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky

troofs posted:

The giants defense is so good, I have never been more wrong about anything sports related. What an amazing job in free agency, too. Eli Apple has even been a pleasant surprise, considering I thought he was going to suck really badly and it seems like he's going to end up reaching the heady heights of "not a liability" status. This defense was one of the worst in league history last year and now it looks legit. Kudos all around.

The offense on the other hand... The line is really hurt and Flowers is awful. We don't have a decent TE, we can't run the ball at all, and even as a staunch Eli supporter I have to say he's been really bad this year. Stares down ODB all day, misses all over the place, looks jittery all the time, etc. Maybe he can be useful again if the giants can somehow finally fix the OL in the offseason but it's probably time to start thinking about the future at QB during the draft, because lord knows it's not Ryan Nassib, who should not be in the NFL. I don't really think he's even good enough for the CFL. He honestly wasn't even very good in college. I'm not sure he should even be allowed to watch football games. He's completely loving terrible in every way.

the best thing about jerry reese's ridiculous spending spree somehow working out is that one or two moron GMs are gonna follow suit

also that's too many words about ryan nassib

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Ehud posted:

Yeah we are done for this season. The best part of the news is what it means for the off-season and next year.

Yeah it really is pretty huge. Torn ACL in December means he's not really doing anything football related until training camp. If he doesn't need surgery for this, then he can just rest up then be fine for OTA's.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

Then you haven't watched him play. Moore is not a bad backup at all - he's honestly one of the 5 guys I'd be ok as my backup in the league (out of all of the backups) but he's super turnover prone.

But he also has a Grossman "gently caress IT!" Mentality. So Parker might go nuts.

People attributing all of our success to Ajayi are either not watching the game (or even checking the box score!) or are blindly defending a really stupid initial opinion

Amy Pole Her fucked around with this message at 16:29 on Dec 13, 2016

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.
Both the Patriots and Ravens looked extremely beatable last night. The Ravens front 7 can't handle up-tempo offense, and the Pats cannot defend the deep ball.

On offense, the Ravens have zero run game, try to manufacture it with short passing, which the Pats defended easily with their fast linebackers. The Pats look anemic without Gronk, and something must be wrong with Edleman. I've never seen that dude drop so many passes. Frankly, the Pats looked vulnerable last night

Nov 6, 2002

Every top team in the AFC and NFC is vulnerable.

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!
All football teams are bad, but some are more bad than others.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

Both the Patriots and Ravens looked extremely beatable last night. The Ravens front 7 can't handle up-tempo offense, and the Pats cannot defend the deep ball.

On offense, the Ravens have zero run game, try to manufacture it with short passing, which the Pats defended easily with their fast linebackers. The Pats look anemic without Gronk, and something must be wrong with Edleman. I've never seen that dude drop so many passes. Frankly, the Pats looked vulnerable last night

Don't forget the Pats also looked extremely vulnerable when they were beaten down by the Seahawks, and a midget FS killed their TE. The same Seahawks that got whalloped by the Packers.

The Pats are garbage and the secret to their dynasty isn't Brady, Bill, Gronk, whatever...the Secret Sauce is they play in the inept AFC east and get 6 free wins every year.

Nov 6, 2002

Ah, the transitive properties of football. Love it.

Wait a sec...

:smug:

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

and the Pats cannot defend the deep ball.

*strokes chin thoughtfully*

troofs
Feb 28, 2011

The better Manning.

corn on the cop posted:

also that's too many words about ryan nassib

Sorry, people use hyperbole so often when they talk about sports on the internet it's difficult to get across just how bad he is. At this point he's 26 and isn't even close to backup quality. I'm 99% sure he's still around just because Reese traded up to get him.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Wait a sec...

I cant figure out what this is supposed to mean

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Wait a sec...

the last time a packer was so awkwardly isolated in the corner was Aaron Rodgers in a strip club

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

hifi posted:

I cant figure out what this is supposed to mean

It's beatpaths. Basically someone built a system that goes well X beat Y who beat Z so X > Z.

It does a bunch to remove all the A > B > C > A loops and then spits that out at the end.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Don't forget the Pats also looked extremely vulnerable when they were beaten down by the Seahawks, and a midget FS killed their TE. The same Seahawks that got whalloped by the Packers.

The Pats are garbage and the secret to their dynasty isn't Brady, Bill, Gronk, whatever...the Secret Sauce is they play in the inept AFC east and get 6 free wins every year.

Jeff Fisher routinely clowned your team.

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.

Mel Mudkiper posted:

the last time a packer was so awkwardly isolated in the corner was Aaron Rodgers in a strip club

Alternatively, the Packers receivers can't get open or something idk they've been okay lately

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

Gynecolojustice posted:

*strokes chin thoughtfully*

I don't know if the Chiefs have the offense to beat them, but their defense is probably more than enough to stop them. What the Raiders do well on both sides of the ball seem like they'd be a nightmare matchup for the Pats

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
He's right tho

Blarfk
Dec 26, 2003

All I've ever wanted is an AFC Championship Game without the Patriots or Ravens.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

He is a significant downgrade unless his, "gently caress it, going deep" attitude works well with Stills and Parker.

Miami hasn't been able to run the ball effectively enough to carry the offense in like six weeks now, so things rest entirely on Moore's shoulders. His career level of play is nowhere close to Tannehill's 8 game stretch this year.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Now who's the fuckin' Homer.

Douglas isn't a Falcon anymore and he wasn't well loved when he was. If you think a guy issuing a cut-block during a run play is dirty, then I guess your beef isn't with specifically Douglas, but with the cut-block in general.

The only reason this story gets traction is because the angle everyone is sharing makes it look like it took place after the play was over.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Nail Rat posted:

All football teams are bad, but some are more bad than others.

:agreed:

By point scored/points allowed rank this year's Patriots are better than the 2014 team, but that's total BS in reality. The defense was better and deeper at every position group on the 2014 team, and the 2014 team had a healthy Gronk down the stretch. That team also had a vastly harder strength of schedule; they went 12-4 against what was actually a harder than average schedule, vs. this year where their SOS is literally the easiest in the entire league. poo poo, even their special teams are worse because their return guy is a fumble machine and Ghost has been shook for half the year before (maybe?) getting his poo poo together lately.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Kalli posted:

It's beatpaths. Basically someone built a system that goes well X beat Y who beat Z so X > Z.

It does a bunch to remove all the A > B > C > A loops and then spits that out at the end.
In college football in the ACC there was a perfect beat loop where A > B > C > D > E > F > G> H > I > J > K > L > M > N > A

Notre Dame did not fit in the beat loop. That would require winning.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
I read somewhere that there is a possible scenario where KC's week 17 game against SD decides whether they are the #1 AFC seed or completely out of the playoffs.

San Diego has a change to play spoiler to every other AFC West team over these last 3 weeks

Brain Curry
Feb 15, 2007

People think that I'm lazy
People think that I'm this fool because
I give a fuck about the government
I didn't graduate from high school

Ehud posted:

He is a significant downgrade unless his, "gently caress it, going deep" attitude works well with Stills and Parker.

Miami hasn't been able to run the ball effectively enough to carry the offense in like six weeks now, so things rest entirely on Moore's shoulders. His career level of play is nowhere close to Tannehill's 8 game stretch this year.

The only upside to this situation is the feeling that Gase is flexible and smart enough to play to Moore's strengths. I don't know if there's enough time to make it work, but if this happened under Philbin I think it would be even worse.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Brain Curry posted:

The only upside to this situation is the feeling that Gase is flexible and smart enough to play to Moore's strengths. I don't know if there's enough time to make it work, but if this happened under Philbin I think it would be even worse.

Literally every single thing would be worse under Philbin.

Nov 6, 2002

Ehud posted:

Literally every single thing would be worse under Philbin.

There'd be less cursing.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Blarfk posted:

All I've ever wanted is an AFC Championship Game without the Patriots or Ravens.

I just want the Radiers to beatdown the Pats in an AFC championship game thus undoing the horrid curse placed upon this world 16 years ago. Also maybe Khalil Mack cripples Brady, that would nice.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

There'd be less cursing.

There'd be less trash on the practice field.

Brain Curry
Feb 15, 2007

People think that I'm lazy
People think that I'm this fool because
I give a fuck about the government
I didn't graduate from high school

Ehud posted:

There'd be less trash on the practice field.

More queasiness

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I think it's entirely possible. The Pats have no pass rush, and vs the Raiders o-line, they aren't getting to Carr without blitzing, which leaves them shorthanded on dump-offs. Carr can sling it,, Flacco was destroying them on the deep sideline, and I was beside myself wanting just any Ravens TE to run up the seam bc it was wide open all night. Mack, Irvin and potentially Aldon Smith now can get to Brady like Ware and Miller did last year, and there will be no Gronk to bail Brady out. If I was a Pats fan, I'd least want to see the Raiders in the playoffs

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese
At some point Gronk is gonna get his arm bones hollowed out and replaced with a metal rod like that guy on the '72 Dolphins. He will be in pain for the rest of his life and never once think he made the wrong decision.

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

MikeCrotch posted:

At some point Gronk is gonna get his arm bones hollowed out and replaced with a metal rod like that guy on the '72 Dolphins. He will be in pain for the rest of his life and never once think he made the wrong decision.

He'll also have a killer pro wrestling gimmick for his post football career.

Nov 6, 2002

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

I think it's entirely possible. The Pats have no pass rush, and vs the Raiders o-line, they aren't getting to Carr without blitzing, which leaves them shorthanded on dump-offs. Carr can sling it,, Flacco was destroying them on the deep sideline, and I was beside myself wanting just any Ravens TE to run up the seam bc it was wide open all night. Mack, Irvin and potentially Aldon Smith now can get to Brady like Ware and Miller did last year, and there will be no Gronk to bail Brady out. If I was a Pats fan, I'd least want to see the Raiders in the playoffs

The Ravens went 3/6 for 92 yards and 1INT on deep throws last night. Not great for New England, but not the sieve you're making it sound like. And none of those plays resulted in a TD drive.

Edit: For comparison sake, New England went 7/9 for 231 yards and 2TDs against the league's best passing defense. Now that's paper.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere fucked around with this message at 18:24 on Dec 13, 2016

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

The Raiders are possibly the best other team in the AFC when they're clicking, but their defense doesn't scare me that much. They don't have the secondary to do what Denver did last year, which was limit the Patriots' fast passing attack which will take away a lot of that pass rush. Hell, just look at what Alex Smith just did to them.

The Chiefs on the other hand, don't really have the offense to exploit the Patriots' defensive problems, but do have a fantastic defense. I'm more worried about the Chiefs defense then just about any other unit in the playoffs, but even they just lost their best coverage LB, which would be a problem against the midget attack and would probably lead to a dozen passes being thrown to James White in that game.

Honestly, no team looks amazing this year, so just gotta get HFA and hope for the best.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Ragnarok the Red posted:

He'll also have a killer pro wrestling gimmick for his post football career.
He should join the Hype Bros

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

The Ravens went 3/6 for 92 yards and 1INT on deep throws last night. Not great for New England, but not the sieve you're making it sound like. And none of those plays resulted in a TD drive.

That INT was a silk-panty soft Mike Wallace allowing a Patriot to steal a ball that fell directly into his hands away from him. He also dropped a contested 20+ yard TD in the endzone that lead to a FG

• Locked thread